Von: openchain-bounces@... <openchain-bounces@...> Im Auftrag von Matija Šuklje
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2018 11:34
An: openchain@...
Betreff: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain M&A Checklist -

On sreda, 10. oktober 2018 18:53:27 CEST Bhatt, Indira wrote:
Although, I think in the future we can do a checklist for both since
it applies to both sides. Thoughts?
The proposed strategy sounds great and we should definitely pursue it.

But I think it depends on the type of target on what and when they want to start caring about the M&A. There is at least one group of companies – lovingly sometimes referred to as: start up, cash in, sell out (bro down) – whose main business plan is to be a target of an M&A. Word on the street is that often in these cases, companies try to look interesting to be a target, but once you unwrap the shiny wrapper, there’s a lot of dirt to clean up. I have seen even services promoting themselves to do the sugarcoating and superficial clean-up to seem more appealing to be acquired.

In the long term, we might want to have a separate target group for companies that are actively looking to become an M&A target.
If a target would be compliant with the OpenChain spec already before acquirer asked them to be, they may both be a more interesting target and also reduce the risk for the acquiring company.

cheers,
Matija Šuklje
--
gsm: +386 41 849 552