Re: The OpenChain Open Source Policy Template - Release Candidate 1

Jim Hutchison

Hi,

The example policy, page 2, F2, suggests a license interpretation as to what all Open Source licenses permit.

For instance, there are licenses which indicate “no derivatives”, or requesting limits on “commercial use”.

(A) [COMPANY] understands that Open Source can be immensely useful and many of the licenses are well-suited

to use, study, and improvement.  Many Open Source projects invite sharing of improvements, and such

sharing can have positive benefits for business.  Open Source is a broadening and valuable resource.

Thanks to all for your time considering this comment,

Regards,

Jim Hutchison