发件人: "Lucien C.H. Lin - 林誠夏" <lucien.cc@...>
日期: 2019529 星期三 下午3:51
收件人: Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>, "Florence T. M. Ko" <ftmk20082@...>
抄送: tan zhongyi <zhongyi.tan@...>, "openchain@..." <openchain@...>
主题: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain Specification 2.0 - Request for Translation - Chinese

Dear Shane & Florence,

I have finished the review for the OpenChain Specification 2.0 of the Simplified Chinese Translation.

Overall, the translation is good, easy to read in the Chinese language grammar and logic and responding every crucial points accordingly to the original English text.

Here is a few humble observation and recommendation to the translators, hope you can help pass it forward to the group.

1
Copyright © 2016-2019 Linux Foundation. 本文档采用the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC-BY-4.0) 许可证进行发布。 该许可证的副本请见 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ → Copyright © 2016-2019 Linux Foundation. 本文档采用 知识共享 署名 4.0 国际版 (CC-BY-4.0) 许可协议 进行发布。 该许可证的副本请见 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Creative Commons Licenses have its official Simplified Chinese translation term, see the details in full at: https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/Draft_of_CC_4.0_Simplified_Chinese_Translation_for_Public_Comments ,  on account of that, the term "
知识共享许可协议" is recommended here.

2
合规材料” – 对一个交付软件进行开源合规管理的方案所输出的一组材料的集合。该集合可包含(但不限于)以下一项或多项:源码,归属通知,版权声明,许可证副本,修改声明,提供源码的书面文件(Written offers),开源组件清单和SPDX文档等。 → “合规材料” – 对一个交付软件进行开源合规管理的方案所输出的一组材料的集合。该集合可包含(但不限于)以下一项或多项:源码,署名声明,版权声明,许可证副本,修改声明,提供源码的书面文件(Written offers),开源组件清单和SPDX文档等。

The term "Attribution notices" is usually translated into "
署名声明" by CC China Mainland, here: http://creativecommons.net.cn/. So the term "署名声明" is recommended here as well.

3
“Compliance Artifacts” is translated as "合规材料" and “Verification Materials” is tranlated as "核查材料" right now. My suggestion is maybe, just maybe, the team can find another interpretation wording for the “Compliance Artifacts”, instead "合规材料". After all, "Artifacts" and "Materials" are both classified as special terms in the Specification, making them translated as the same Simplified Chinese character "材料" might lead to confusion in practice.

In the Traditional Chinese translation, we use the word "
稽證" for the "Artifacts" in translation on purpose, to make it different from the word "資料" used on the "Verification Materials". I found that in the Japanese translation they took different yet similar method to deal with this, they just translated "Compliance Artifacts" into "コンプライアンス アーティファクト", basically just make it into Katakana on pronunciation.

I actually don't have sufficient knowledge for what's the best word for the "Artifacts" translation in Simplified Chinese, just point this issue out, and provide my opinions on that to the group.

Warm Regards,

:)

20190529 UTC+8 15:45 Lucien Cheng-hsia Lin(
林誠夏), Legal Adviser at Open Culture Foundation

Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...> 2019524日 週五 下午7:40寫道:

Understood!

Lucien, Florence + team mainland China, can you take a quick look?

Shane

> On 24 May 2019, at 20:32, tan zhongyi <zhongyi.tan@...> wrote:
>
> Hi
shane

 2019/5/24 下午4:56“Shane Coughlan”<coughlan@...> 写入:

>    Hi Jerry!
>
>    With three translators/reviewers this already meets our requirement for release. How about we go live on Monday?
>
>    Shane
>
>> On May 22, 2019, at 10:59, tan zhongyi <zhongyi.tan@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
shane

 2019/4/11 下午1:54“tan zhongyi”<jerrytan@...> 写入:

>>   Hi
shane

 2019/4/3 下午7:04“Shane Coughlan”<coughlan@...> 写入:

>>>  It is up to you!
>>>
>>>  But if you want to match the English version, probably March 18th.
>>>
>>>  Regards
>>>
>>>  Shane

got it.

 2019/4/3 上午10:36“Shane Coughlan”<coughlan@...> 写入:

> [...]