Re: OSADL demo for consideration of certification prototype -- OpenChain agenda 12/7

Jim Hutchison

Hi Michel,

These are helpful observations, as we are looking for a solution folks would want to use productively.
In considering OpenChain, we should be able to steer clear of contract/agreement terms. This will be good to keep an eye on as we proceed in formulating the certification questions.

The group discussion appears to be trending towards using such an on-line mechanism, and with text crafted from the OpenChain text. Ideally we will make the questions flexible to many business processes, while retaining inquiry to illuminate adherence to the core concerns.

Thanks,

Jim Hutchison
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.

At 02:04 AM 12/10/2015, RUFFIN, MICHEL (MICHEL) wrote:
Jim, I look at the questionnaire
1) the question are not formulated very clearly and are not always applying to Alcatel-Lucent, because we use different solutions that the one represented in the questionnaire
2) the questionnaire is asking to link documents on our process. We consider our process as a competitive advantage and cannot disclose the details like this and second there is confidential information in it on the way we interprete licenses, the deal we have with some foss suppliers to interprete their license differently or on our patent, so I cannot link documents

Michel
Michel.Ruffin@..., PhD
Software Coordination Manager, COO - B&ITT
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
Tel +33 6 75 25 21 94
Alcatel-Lucent International, Centre de Villarceaux - France