Re: OpenChain Zoom room tested - complete success

McCoy Smith

LibrePlanet used jitsi this year when they had to go 100% virtual in the space of about a week
I presented using it and seemed to work pretty well
Might be worth a try; it’s definitely free as in beer and speech as FSF is very particular about that for their events (I had to use a Linux system for my preso as they don’t allow A***e or W*****s systems to run persos at their events

On Apr 3, 2020, at 10:06 AM, Alan Tse <Alan.Tse@...> wrote:

Shane and others,
Thanks for all your hard work on setting up Zoom. However, I'm a bit concerned given all the negative privacy and security press about Zoom this last week.

I just learned that there is an open source alternative called jitsi. https://jitsi.org/ Specifically, I saw it on one of the security blogs I follow. https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2020/04/security_and_pr_1.

I just learned about it so don't have any specific experience with jitsi but perhaps it's worth investigating particularly given it's open source (Apache-2.0)?

Anyone used it before or have thoughts?

On 3/31/20, 9:44 PM, "main@... on behalf of Shane Coughlan" <main@... on behalf of scoughlan@...> wrote:

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Western Digital. Do not click on links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know that the content is safe.

Thank you JongBaek! I believe we may have solved our remote working challenge :)

On Mar 31, 2020, at 16:54, Jongbaek Park (BKL) <jb.park@...> wrote:

I am sorry that I could not have joined you on Zoom conference due to unexpected matter to attend to.
Zoom seems very nice to use and it’s use is explosively being expanded.
I also hope we could be connected with each other more easily and often thanks to this service.
Best regards,
Jongbaek