Von: main@... <main@...> Im Auftrag von Ravi, Dinesh
Gesendet: Montag, 1. Juni 2020 08:20
An: main@...
Betreff: [openchain] Initiative requesting Combined effort by OpenChain members: Unbiased comparison of Open Source Tools For Benefit of Organizations.

Hi members

I’d like to open a mail chain that focus on providing an enough information (on pros & cons) of tools for the organization to decide for the open source audits.

This information will foster the competition between the OSS tool chain providers, Improve their quality,  Force them to stick to competitive pricing models, will become a motivation force for other small players to pitch in their tools, Steer away from monopolization & to create an conductive market ecosystem for OSS compliance tooling.

From Action point I have already done my modest efforts based practical on field functional parameters.(disclosure: It currently doesn’t contain org level parameters for comparison & purely functional but contributors are welcome to improve)

Tools comparison project: https://github.com/dineshr93/open-source-code-license-audit-tools-Benchmark-Comparison

I’d urge openchain to clone this to their git & start accepting contributions from each org where they are using their compliance tools (commercial & OSS)

It would be great if standard org like openchain will appoint members to monitor the unbiased review on OSS toolings.

I stress the point of unbiased because we know some of sponsorship for open chain are directly coming from some prominent OSS tools providers.

Thanks & Regards

Dinesh