Re: OpenChain agenda 5/2

Kate Stewart

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:
Yes, Shane has confirmed the revised APAC timing works for next call on 5/16.

To recap for folks, in our last meeting we decided to have calls that work for the US, Europe and APAC, so we will have calls at two different times per month.

First week of the month: US/Europe (content focusing on Spec and Certification)

Third week of the month: APAC/US (content focusing on Spec and Curriculum)

So our next call will be an APAC/US call 5/16 in US at 5pm (PST), 8pm (EST), aka on 5/17 at 9am (JST)8am (China).

The formula for recurrence will be the first and third Mondays (US) of each month.

Can we get this put up on a WIKI page (with GMT times),  so we have a place to refer people to, rather
than relying on calendar systems to be updated.

Kate, can you kindly help with the needed updates to the meeting invites?

Ok,  will work with Mike to get it sorted (since its on his calendar).
We might use this transition it to use a different calendar/uberconference
set up.   I'll investigate.

To Jilayne's point re getting meeting invites to people who self-subscribe to the list after the invites have gone out, maybe we need to manage additions to the list a different way.  Open to ideas...

How about we use a WIKI page with the information being open,  rather than a specific calendar invite?
That way its discoverable and won't require meeting invites to be kept up to date, etc.
Having the agendas posted on the WIKI for the coming meeting,  might help let folk know
whether they want to participate too.

Possibly the chair for the meeting, broadcasting the agenda to the openchain mail list before the meeting
and pointing folk at the WIKI for information on dial in, agenda etc?

Other option - people putting up on WIKI that they want a repeating calendar invite for the meeting, so
its visible.

Thanks, Kate

On May 4, 2016, at 2:35 PM, J Lovejoy <opensource@...> wrote:

Hi Shane, Dave,

Did we nail down a new time for the meeting on the third Monday (evening for US)/Tuesday (morning for APAC)?  It would be good to do so, if we intend to use the new time for the May 16th call.

I believe the meeting invites were sent out by someone at the LF (Mike Dolan?) and thus that invite would need to be updated and re-sent.

While I’m thinking of it… There can end up being a disconnect between the list of people on a mailing list (to which people can self-subscribe) v. the people to whom the meeting invite is sent due to the invite being sent to the mailing list at a certain point in time.  Not sure how we are managing this (or for that matter, how any group manages this…)  but thought I’d throw it out there!

On May 4, 2016, at 3:01 AM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Hi Dave

Perfect! A recap and setting some milestones for the months ahead like a good place to start.

On May 4, 2016, at 1:47 AM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:

Hi Shane,

Much thanks to you and all the Work Team Chairs in advance for the leadership on these key aspects of OpenChain.  Let's do some agenda bashing in anticipation of the curriculum discussion arising on 5/16.  Might be worth recapping the curriculum-related prior discussions so the team has continuity and then take it forward from there.