[spdx] Funding for Hosting On-Line SPDX Tools

For those with an interest in tooling and SPDX :)

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Phil Odence" <phil.odence@...>
Subject: [spdx] Funding for Hosting On-Line SPDX Tools
Date: July 29, 2020 3:18:03 JST

The SPDX Work Group needs your help to host on-line tools.

As you may know, SPDX runs on shoestring with support from the Linux Foundation but no corporate contributions. There are benefits to the independence this arrangement, but it means we rely on individual contributions to cover modest expenses we do take on. One of those regular expenses is for cloud services to host our wonderful set of on-line tools.

We spend $1200/year on hosting. We’d like to line up enough funding to backfill for this year and to build a balance of “money in the bank” to ensure continuity next year. So the goal is $2400 total. As of this writing we are approaching half way there.

Please make a contribution of any size through the Linux Foundation CommunityBridge at:

BIG THANKS in advance!

Phil

L. Philip Odence
General Manager, Black Duck Audit Business
Synopsys Software Integrity Group, Burlington, MA
M (781) 258-9502 | phil.odence@...

SIG-emailsig-2020

signature_475269920   signature_224475140   signature_97575969   signature_128435618