From: main@... [mailto:main@...] On Behalf Of Carlo Piana
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 6:56 AM
To: main@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [openchain] License issue on linuximq

Dear Joel,

My take in this case is that the specific licensing in the file trumps the overarching license for the project. I wonder if there is any contrarian views. Certainly they should have explained better what their intention was.

Actually I see they use GPL 2+, which is incidentally somewhat aligned, meaning that you can treat the software equally as 2+ or 3+. So perhaps the intention is to prefer the latter, but allow for the earlier version.

Cheers

Carlo