Re: OpenChain Self Certification

Jari Koivisto

Gary et al

So, in the Conformance in Questions (https://openchain-project.github.io/conformance-questionnaire/questionnaire.pdf), there is Spec Ref column and in that column, the references are pointing to OpenChain specification ver. 2.0.  For 2.1, which is the current ISO standard, the numbering has changed.

Attached is an Excel sheet that I just put some examples of the 2.0 -> 2.1 numbering changes. As I mentioned at the moment the questionnaire uses 2.0 numbering not 2.1 and IMHO we should use the latest 2.1 specification version, which is the ISO 5230 standard.

BR,

   Jari

---
Jari Koivisto
E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@...
Mobile: +41 78 7479791
Skype: jari.p.koivisto
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 5:09 PM Gary O'Neall <gary@...> wrote:

Hi Jari,

Can you provide more specifics on where the inconsistency is?  I just looked at the PDF in the link below it has the following text in the header:

This document contains a series of questions to determine whether a company has an OpenChain Conformant program. If each of these questions can be answered with a "yes" then that company meets all the requirements of conformance to the OpenChain Specification version 2.1 (functionally identical to ISO/IEC DIS 5230:2020(e)). If any of the questions are answered with a "no" then the company can clearly identify where additional investment is needed to improve the compliance process.

It could be an issue in one of the translations if you are looking at a language other than English.

Thanks,

Gary