From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Yaniv Ozerzon via lists.openchainproject.org
Sent: den 24 mars 2022 12:57
To: main@...
Subject: Re: [openchain] Distributing SBOMs

Hi Steve,

Including the SBOM with a distributed product is not a typical practice at present. The SBOM per se is not part of the standard compliance artifact. Nonetheless, following the white house Executive Order on Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity, Kaspersky announced it will provide an SBOM with its products (https://usa.kaspersky.com/about/press-releases/2021_kaspersky-announces-software-bill-of-materials-available-for-its-customers-and-partners) if remember correctly also Microsoft declared the same although there was no official announcement as far as I know.

Regards,

Yaniv