Re: A question about license translations in Chinese, Korean and German

Martin B├╝hrlen

There are countless German language websites with information about OSS
licenses, but I am not aware of any 'official' website.

There is a private initiative (translated: )"Institute for Legal Issues of
the Free and Open Source Software (ifrOSS)" https://ifross.org/ which has a
pretty comprehensive list of licenses
https://ifross.github.io/ifrOSS/Lizenzcenter . But this is more directed
towards legal experts.

In my opinion, so far the best explanation in layman's terms is probably on
the German Wikipedia, which has a page for each of the mainstream licenses
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:FLOSS-Lizenz.

More education is definitely needed for sw developers. I have heard so many
times "It's open source, so we can anyhow use it." which (as far as they are
aware) puts 0-BSD and AGPL into the same category.

Best regards

Martin

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----