Re: OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group - Third Wednesday Meeting - Jan 18, 2023 14:00 to 15:00, UTC

Carlo Piana <carlo@...>

Hi

I and Alberto have ourselves set up a BBB machine -- and in case we can offer to host the next meeting.

On the one hand I have attended many meetings on the FSFE's instance without a hiccup.

On the other hand, it would appear that certain firewall conditions would prevent from correctly establishing a good audio connection and despite all certain clients could not join with a PC -- a phone would join. Apparently there is a setup  and we took advice from Paolo Vecchi, reinstalled the machine and it should now work thanks to the use of a turn server.

So, for a smallish group as this, I can offer to host to see if the same problem occurs, and guide FSFE to a resolution if no problems are encountered.

Cheers

Carlo

Da: "Steve Kilbane" <stephen.kilbane@...>
A: "main@..." <main@...>
Inviato: Mercoledì, 18 gennaio 2023 20:24:20
Oggetto: Re: [openchain] OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group - Third Wednesday Meeting - Jan 18, 2023 14:00 to 15:00, UTC

FWIW, I’ve always struggled with BBB. Previously, the audio has always sounded like it’s underwater, and (I think) people weren’t able to make out what I was saying – but the recordings showed that it was just me.

More recently, I’ve found that it struggles with my headset, but it works better if I use the machine’s built-in speakers and mic. But again, I’ve assumed that was just me.

From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Christopher Wood <cvw01@...>
Date: Wednesday, 18 January 2023 at 18:29
To: main@... <main@...>

[External]

Hello

It seems like the Bluebutton app doesn’t work too well. I couldn’t get it to establish audio connection and it seemed that others had the same issue.

Regards

Chris

On Jan 18, 2023, at 4:51 AM, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

A reminder that the automotive work group has its regular meeting later today ☺️

OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group - Third Wednesday Meeting
Scheduled: Jan 18, 2023 14:00 to 15:00, UTC