Re: What is the license of the openchain comformance specification 1.0 ?

Joseph Potvin

RE: CC-BY 3.0

Should it not be updated to CC-BY 4.0?
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

(BTW, Kudos to all for advancing this to v1.0, and apologies for going from active participant at the beginning to just a quiet observer due to workload. Wonderful to see it's now an industry reference.)

Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@...
Mobile: 819-593-5983

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Matija Šuklje <matija@...> wrote:
Die 21. 10. 16 et hora 19.53.35 fu7mu4 scripsit:
> I want to translate the specification into Japanese.
> But I could not find the license of the specification.
> Please tell me the license of that.

According to the standard LF’s ToS <https://www.linuxfoundation.org/terms>
that the website seems to be under:

“Except as otherwise provided, Content on this site, including all materials
posted by the The Linux Foundation, is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution 3.0 License.”

As the specification’s PDF doesn’t seem to mention any other licence I’d say
it’s under CC-By 3.0.

I’d be very happy to be corrected by people who are much more involved than I.

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm:    tel:+386.41.849.552