Re: OpenChain meeting 10/21/14

Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah.foster@...>

Many thanks Ibrahim! And your talk was great by the way. Not good, great, because you really got everyone involved and you made a complex subject clear.

Cheers,

Jeremiah

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 11:01 PM, Ibrahim Haddad, Ph.D. <ibrahim.h@...> wrote:
Hello Jeremiah, it was really nice to see you at LinuxCon EU and thanks
for attending my talk.
I actually provided the material to Kelly. I will make sure to provide
open format in the future to accommodate exclusive Linux users.
Best regards, Ibrahim

On 10/22/14 1:56 PM, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Thanks Kelly et. al. for the slides. If I might make a request; can you
> produce slides and text in an open format in addition to the proprietary
> formats you provide? I use neither Word, Powerpoint nor Windows. In
> Libre Office on Debian the text in the .doc file is nearly illegible in
> parts and I suspect there are missing slides in the slide decks since
> some are completely blank.
>
> Since we're discussing FOSS compliance on this list I'll add I'm a
> little bit surprised at the widespread use of Windows software and
> formats for presentation materials. I had expected the Linux Foundation
> to actually have policies that would be more supportive of Free Software
> and open document formats.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeremiah
>
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Williams, Kelly
> <kellyw@... <mailto:kellyw@...>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Attached is the agenda and presentation slides for tomorrow’s call
>     at 9am PT, 12pm ET, 4pm UTC, 6pm CEST.____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Phone bridge info:____
>
>     Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657
>     <tel:%2B1%20%28415%29%20906-5657> Pin: 88326
>     UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan
>     <https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fuberconference.com%2Fmdolan&usd=2&usg=AFQjCNEP2hma4AZyPpZsHEr3k48bTnSUCA>____
>
>     For international call instructions, please visit the website below.
>     Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part
>     of the instructions:
>     http://www.uberconference.com/international/access
>     <https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uberconference.com%2Finternational%2Faccess&usd=2&usg=AFQjCNGP9qOL1k_x7goqtuqkmVJ2Gn-83w>____
>
>     Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan
>     <https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fuberconference.com%2Fmdolan&usd=2&usg=AFQjCNEP2hma4AZyPpZsHEr3k48bTnSUCA>____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Regards,____
>
>     Kelly____
>
>     __ __
>
>     __ __

> --
> Jeremiah C. Foster
> GENIVI COMMUNITY MANAGER
>
> Pelagicore AB
> Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18
> Gothenburg, Sweden
> M: +46 (0)73 093 0506
> jeremiah.foster@... <mailto:jeremiah.foster@...>

Ibrahim Haddad Ph.D., Head of Open Source
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley