Re: OpenChain Specification 1.1 draft updates & status

J Lovejoy

I agree with Kate.
I don't even recall why it when it was dropped.

To add to Kate's point about the overall story: in response to my keynote at the Open Source Leadership Summit where I gave an update on SPDX, FOSSology, and OpenChain, I got quite a few very positive comments about how it was very helpful to see how these things fit together, "I get it", and general interest.

I think we want to continue to reinforce this overall picture, not recede from it.

Jilayne

Sent from my phone, please excuse my brevity

On Mar 15, 2017, at 11:56 PM, Kate Stewart <kstewart@...> wrote:

Please insert the reference to SPDX documents back into the specification in section 4, and leave the definition in the specification.   Dropping it is not yellow lined in the 1.1 version of the specification, and not providing an example on how these artifacts can be distributed in a consistent manner weakens the overall story.

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 7:07 PM, David Marr <dmarr@...> wrote:

Also we should also consider removing the definition of SPDX since it's no longer specifically referenced in the body of the spec itself.  Credit to Jeff Kaufman from Redhat.  Thanks,

Dave

From: <openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org> on behalf of Mark Gisi <Mark.Gisi@...>
Date: Monday, March 13, 2017 at 6:24 AM
To: OpenChain <openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org>

The near final version of the OpenChain Specification 1.1 is available at:

     https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/_media/openchain/openchainspec-1.1.draft.pdf

The most recent changes can be found in yellow highlights. We have gone through about 75% of the public comments. We expect to complete  the review of the comments at the upcoming spec group discussion on March 20th. The public comments along with responses can be found on the following wiki page:

    https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/spec-1.1-draft-public-comments

best,

- Mark

Mark Gisi | Wind River | Director, IP & Open Source

Tel (510) 749-2016 | Fax (510) 749-4552

Sr. Director of Strategic Programs,  The Linux Foundation
Mobile: +1.512.657.3669
Email / Google Talk: kstewart@...