Date
OpenChain and Procurement Departments

Hi all!

I have started a blue-sky document to contextualize and explain OpenChain for procurement departments, something that will become increasingly possible throughout this year, especially after we become a formal ISO standard. Can you put some eyes on and provide suggestions for improvement?
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnjjqFOGRBo3LjvkSj
This is on Microsoft OneDrive to ensure friends all over the world, including in China, have easy online edit access.

Re: All Compliance Groups have unlimited free access to OpenChain UberConference

Jeremiah C. Foster

FWIW there is also JITSI which has the benefit of being Free Software
as well: https://meet.jit.si/

- It integrates into Slac
- Android and iOS apps available

Regards,

Jeremiah

On Thu, 2020-04-09 at 12:08 +0900, Shane Coughlan wrote:
Would you prefer to use UberConference? We have a room there any
compliance project or person can use for free. No scheduling, no
password, all calls recorded.

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/openchainproject
Optional dial-in number: +1-855-889-3011
No PIN Needed

________________________________

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.

OpenChain Project Reference Training @ United Nations Technology Innovation Labs - April 9th

Shane Coughlan, OpenChain GM, will deliver an OpenChain Reference Training webinar as part of his contribution to the open source advisory council of UNTIL. Learn more:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/04/09/openchain-reference-training-united-nations-technology-innovation-labs

Siemens Announces OpenChain 2.0 Conformance

Siemens, an OpenChain Platinum Member and pioneer of adoption around our standard, has announced OpenChain 2.0 conformance. This builds on their previous public work in describing their journey and announcing 1.1 conformance in April 2017.

“The adoption of OpenChain 2.0 by Siemens continues their leadership in the space of open source compliance,” says Shane Coughlan, OpenChain General Manager. “This version of our standard is functionally identical to our ISO submission, positioning Siemens to become one of the first companies to adhere to our ISO release later in 2020. My congratulations to Oliver and all the team. I look forward to taking next steps together.”

https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/04/09/siemens-announces-openchain-2-0-conformance

All Compliance Groups have unlimited free access to OpenChain UberConference

Would you prefer to use UberConference? We have a room there any compliance project or person can use for free. No scheduling, no password, all calls recorded.

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/openchainproject
Optional dial-in number: +1-855-889-3011
No PIN Needed

Reminder: You can make free use of the OpenChain Zoom Room

Reminder: OpenChain has pro-level subscription on Zoom we are making freely available for all compliance-related projects and people to use during lockdown. You can schedule a time here:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject

(all calls are recorded)

Re: OpenChain First Monday Webinar - 9am Pacific Today

Hi Achutha!

I’ll make sure to pre-record an answer with Armijn for the opening of the next webinar :)

Shane

On Apr 8, 2020, at 17:16, Achutha.Kolluru@... wrote:

Hi Shane ,

Thanks for these webinars which will definitely be helpful to discuss on global practices with experts around the globe.

During the previous webinar with Armijn Hemel , it was great to listen on his research on container compliance and the way he thinks we should deal with the containers and its relation with component licenses.
We had this question during the webinar but due to time constraint we couldn't ask the same and then I haven’t got his address to check on this and hence writing here to see if you can post this to him for the answer.

" Can we now consider the container carries only the recipe of the image and we aren't delivering the actual contents as you said , and then can we also possibly accept distributing Copyleft components(GPL) also in the container as a reference without any license violation as per your research? "

It would be helpful if we can get his views on this or his direct contact for more clarification.

Thanks
Achuth..