Date   

Latest OpenChain Specification 1.2 draft

Mark Gisi
 

The draft of the next version of OpenChain Specification can be found here:

       https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/_media/openchain/openchainspec-1.2.draft.pdf

 

At the Face-2-Face meeting tomorrow we will be discussing the recent changes based on the most recent  feedback. This is the last meeting for community feedback prior to opening it up to a boarder audience for public comments.  The 1.2 version focuses largely on clarification updates. This should allow i) those who are conforming with version 1.1 to easily upgrade to 1.2, ii) yet require them to perform an annual check to ensure their program is still maintained and  iii) provide an easy pathway for  translation updates. The version 1.2 release is targeted for April 2018.

 

best,

- Mark

 

Mark Gisi | Wind River | Director, IP & Open Source

Tel (510) 749-2016 | Fax (510) 749-4552

 


Re: OpenChain @ Leadership Summit - feedback requested

Dave Marr
 

Hi, for those attending in person, please note that there's an opportunity for an optional outdoor activity, weather permitting.

We finish our OpenChain meetings by 12:15.

There's a Guided Bike Tour & Cheese Tasting excursion that begins at 2pm and ends at 5pm.

For those interested, the sign up form is at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OSLS-2018-Activities.

If bikes and cheese are not your thing there are also other fun afternoon activities at the link, but one must sign up in advance, likely the sooner the better.

Looking forward to seeing any folks who can make the face-to-face!

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 3:28 PM
To: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain @ Leadership Summit - feedback requested

Dear OpenChain Community!

OpenChain will have a significant presence at the Leadership Summit in Sonoma this March. I would like to solicit your feedback about how we should structure our face-to-face and (work team chairs!) get a provisional set of agenda items for each work team.

The provisional schedule for Monday March 5th in the OpenChain room:
• OpenChain 8-10am Governing Board / Formal Meetings (maximize overlap with Japan & Europe)
• OpenChain 10-10:45 Specification
• OpenChain 10:45-11:15 Conformance
• OpenChain 11:15-11:45 Curriculum
• OpenChain 11:145-12:15 Onboarding

Some notes:
- Perhaps we need to switch conformance to run immediately after the board meeting due to time differences with Europe and Miriam being located in Berlin.
- Perhaps we need to give specification more time due to the release of an updated Spec.

Regards

Shane



--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain Project Director
e: coughlan@linux.com
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Professional profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanecoughlan

Get my free book on open source compliance here:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/research/practical-gpl-compliance

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: OpenChain Japan Work Group - 3rd meeting on April 19, 2018 at Panasonic Office in Osaka

Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>
 

Hi Kato San!

Thank you so much for hosting our third Japan Work Group meeting. It is wonderful to collaborate with Panasonic and (as a fellow West Japan person) I am delighted to secretly find a way to get everyone to Osaka.

I will promote the event through social media and so on.

Regards

Shane

On Feb 28, 2018, at 3:42, Shinsuke Kato <kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com> wrote:

Dear OpenChain Community

The Japan Work Group will hold its 3rd face-to-face meeting
on April 19th at the Panasonic office in Osaka.
I am happy to be hosting a place.

This meeting will be held largely in Japanese but all are welcome.

The announcement of the 3rd face-to-face meeting in Japanese is below for reference.
Wiki is below:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/openchain-japanese-working-group#%E4%BC%9A%E5%90%88meetings

There is further information about the Japan Work Group activities in Japanese here:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/openchain-japanese-working-group

Best Regards,
Shinsuke Kato

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Shinsuke Kato (kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com)

Innovation Promotion Sector, Groupwide CTO Office
Panasonic Corporation
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

--

Forwarded by Shinsuke Kato <kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com>
----------------------- Original Message -----------------------
From: Shinsuke Kato <kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com>
To: openchain-japan-wg@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Cc:
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 20:32:03 +0900
Subject: [Openchain-japan-wg] OpenChain Japan WG 3rd meeting on April 19, 2018
----

Dear OpenChain Japan WG members:

I'm pleased to announce our plan on our 3rd meeting on April 19 (Thu), 2018
at the Panasonic office in Osaka.

Please check the wiki:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/openchain-japanese-working-group#%E4%BC%9A%E5%90%88meetings


(Message in Japanese)

OpenChain Japan WG 各位

パナソニック 加藤 です.
いつもお世話になっております.

OpenChain Japan WG の第3回の会合としまして,
下記での開催を予定しております.

-------------------
日時:2018年4月19日(木) 14:00-17:00

場所:Panasonic Wonder Lab Osaka
最寄り駅:京阪電鉄 「西三荘」駅 徒歩2分
https://www.panasonic.com/jp/corporate/wonders/pdf/wlo_map.pdf

備考:参加予定者は 加藤(kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com)まで
「 所属(会社) と 氏名 」をご連絡ください
-------------------

また,当日の議題等のご提案をお願いいたします.


OpenChain Japan WG Wiki:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/openchain-japanese-working-group

以上,よろしくお願い致します.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Shinsuke Kato (kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com)

Innovation Promotion Sector, Groupwide CTO Office
Panasonic Corporation
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

_______________________________________________
Openchain-japan-wg mailing list
Openchain-japan-wg@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain-japan-wg
--------------------- Original Message Ends --------------------

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Updated invitation: OpenChain Work Teams Call @ Tue Mar 6, 2018 3:15am - 5:15am (JST) (openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org)

shanecoughlan@...
 

This event has been changed.

OpenChain Work Teams Call

When
Changed: Tue Mar 6, 2018 3:15am – 5:15am Tokyo
Where
The OpenChain Main Conference Line on Uber (map)
Calendar
openchain@...
Who
Shane Coughlan - organizer
Karla Padilla
Karen Copenhaver
eileen.evans@...
nvansomeren@...
Jason Buttura
shane@...
Rossen Naydenov
Czyżowicz Maciej - Hurt
Masato Endo
Oliver Fendt
Sami Atabani
Michael Yang
Jim Hutchison
Matija Šuklje
matti.luedtke@...
Andrew Katz
davide.ricci@...
kristina.markstaedter@...
Kate Stewart
Kelly Williams
Catharina Maracke
jilayne.lovejoy@...
openchain@...
Miriam Ballhausen
David Marr
Vidal, Thomas
Mike Linksvayer
Mark.Gisi@...
Mark Radcliffe
Miriam Ballhausen
hung.chang@...
Agenda and Minutes: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes

Join the call: https://uberconference.com/openchainproject

Optional US dial in number: 855-889-3011
No PIN needed

If you need to use an international phone number please check:
https://www.uberconference.com/international for country numbers.

1. Dial the country number based on your location.
2. Enter 855 889 3011 and then # to enter the room.

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


OpenChain First Monday Work Team Call

Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>
 

Dear OpenChain Community

I would like to inform you that we will shift the timing of our first Monday call from 9am to 10:15am Pacific this March 5th. This is due to the OpenChain Face-to-Face at the Open Source Leadership Summit. 8am~10am is our Governing Board meeting, and from 10:15am we will have a couple of hours of work team discussions.

This is our schedule for the Kenwood 1 room on Monday:
• OpenChain 8-10am Board Meeting
• OpenChain 10:15-10:45 Conformance Work Team discussion
• OpenChain 10:45-11:15 Curriculum Work Team discussion
• OpenChain 11:15-11:45 Onboarding Work Team discussion
• OpenChain 11:45-12:30 Specification Work Team discussion

As always everyone is welcome to participate in the work team discussions either in person or via dial-in. The dial-in details will be our usual.

Join the call: https://uberconference.com/openchainproject

Optional US dial in number: 855-889-3011
No PIN needed

If you need to use an international phone number please check:
https://www.uberconference.com/international for country numbers.

1. Dial the country number based on your location.
2. Enter 855 889 3011 and then # to enter the room.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain Project Director
e: coughlan@linux.com
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Professional profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanecoughlan

Get my free book on open source compliance here:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/research/practical-gpl-compliance


Re: OpenChain Kansan Workflows (was Re: [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance)

Martin Callinan
 

Hi Malcolm,

 

I am not 100% sure I can attend yet, I am waiting on a customer to confirm a schedule around that time. I should know shortly.

 

More than happy to share. I have been through what we have done in UK with NHS around this with Shane.

 

Kind Regards,

 

Martin

 

From: Malcolm Bain <malcolm.bain@...>
Sent: 28 February 2018 11:38
To: Martin Callinan <martin.callinan@...>; Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>; Matija Šuklje <matija@...>
Cc: openchain@...
Subject: RE: [OpenChain] OpenChain Kansan Workflows (was Re: [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance)

 

Martin, are you coming to the FSFE LLW conference in Barcelona? We have a workshop on this, and would be delighted to share (and take advantage of your experience). If not, let’s find a space in OC where this type of thing could be shared, if willing.

 

malcolm

 

 

De: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] En nombre de Martin Callinan
Enviado el: miércoles, 28 de febrero de 2018 11:56
Para: Shane Coughlan <
coughlan@...>; Matija Šuklje <matija@...>
CC:
openchain@...
Asunto: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain Kansan Workflows (was Re: [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance)

 

Hi Shane,

 

We are also using Confluence for document management, Jira Core and Xmind to map out processes.

 

Kind Regards,

 

Martin

 

From: Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>
Sent: 27 February 2018 17:44
To: Matija Šuklje <
matija@...>
Cc:
openchain@...; Martin Callinan <martin.callinan@...>
Subject: OpenChain Kansan Workflows (was Re: [OpenChain] [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance)

 

Hi Matija (and Malcolm!)

 

Martin at Source Code Control has been working on a Trello board for OpenChain Conformance. Please see below for an example. Perhaps a great opportunity for collaboration?

 

Regards

 

Shane

On Feb 27, 2018, at 2:37, Matija Šuklje <matija@...> wrote:
Malcolm and I are working on a Kanban workflow and once it’s done intend to 
contribute it to OC.
All work so far has been done by Malcolm in a spreadsheet. What I plan¹ to do 
is turn it into an actual virtual Kanban board. Incidentially we also use 
JIRA, so if there is any sense for us to cooperate, I would be happy to.
cheers,
Matija

 

 


OpenChain Japan Work Group - 3rd meeting on April 19, 2018 at Panasonic Office in Osaka

Shinsuke Kato
 

Dear OpenChain Community

The Japan Work Group will hold its 3rd face-to-face meeting
on April 19th at the Panasonic office in Osaka.
I am happy to be hosting a place.

This meeting will be held largely in Japanese but all are welcome.

The announcement of the 3rd face-to-face meeting in Japanese is below for reference.
Wiki is below:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/openchain-japanese-working-group#%E4%BC%9A%E5%90%88meetings

There is further information about the Japan Work Group activities in Japanese here:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/openchain-japanese-working-group

Best Regards,
Shinsuke Kato

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Shinsuke Kato (kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com)

Innovation Promotion Sector, Groupwide CTO Office
Panasonic Corporation
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

--

Forwarded by Shinsuke Kato <kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com>

----------------------- Original Message -----------------------
From: Shinsuke Kato <kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com>
To: openchain-japan-wg@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Cc:
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 20:32:03 +0900
Subject: [Openchain-japan-wg] OpenChain Japan WG 3rd meeting on April 19, 2018
----

Dear OpenChain Japan WG members:

I'm pleased to announce our plan on our 3rd meeting on April 19 (Thu), 2018
at the Panasonic office in Osaka.

Please check the wiki:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/openchain-japanese-working-group#%E4%BC%9A%E5%90%88meetings


(Message in Japanese)

OpenChain Japan WG 各位

パナソニック 加藤 です.
いつもお世話になっております.

OpenChain Japan WG の第3回の会合としまして,
下記での開催を予定しております.

-------------------
日時:2018年4月19日(木) 14:00-17:00

場所:Panasonic Wonder Lab Osaka
最寄り駅:京阪電鉄 「西三荘」駅 徒歩2分
https://www.panasonic.com/jp/corporate/wonders/pdf/wlo_map.pdf

備考:参加予定者は 加藤(kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com)まで
「 所属(会社) と 氏名 」をご連絡ください
-------------------

また,当日の議題等のご提案をお願いいたします.


OpenChain Japan WG Wiki:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/openchain-japanese-working-group

以上,よろしくお願い致します.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Shinsuke Kato (kato.shinsuke@jp.panasonic.com)

Innovation Promotion Sector, Groupwide CTO Office
Panasonic Corporation
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

_______________________________________________
Openchain-japan-wg mailing list
Openchain-japan-wg@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain-japan-wg
--------------------- Original Message Ends --------------------


Re: OpenChain Kansan Workflows (was Re: [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance)

Malcolm Bain
 

Martin, are you coming to the FSFE LLW conference in Barcelona? We have a workshop on this, and would be delighted to share (and take advantage of your experience). If not, let’s find a space in OC where this type of thing could be shared, if willing.

 

malcolm

 

 

De: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] En nombre de Martin Callinan
Enviado el: miércoles, 28 de febrero de 2018 11:56
Para: Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>; Matija Šuklje <matija@...>
CC: openchain@...
Asunto: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain Kansan Workflows (was Re: [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance)

 

Hi Shane,

 

We are also using Confluence for document management, Jira Core and Xmind to map out processes.

 

Kind Regards,

 

Martin

 

From: Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>
Sent: 27 February 2018 17:44
To: Matija Šuklje <matija@...>
Cc: openchain@...; Martin Callinan <martin.callinan@...>
Subject: OpenChain Kansan Workflows (was Re: [OpenChain] [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance)

 

Hi Matija (and Malcolm!)

 

Martin at Source Code Control has been working on a Trello board for OpenChain Conformance. Please see below for an example. Perhaps a great opportunity for collaboration?

 

Regards

 

Shane

On Feb 27, 2018, at 2:37, Matija Šuklje <matija@...> wrote:
Malcolm and I are working on a Kanban workflow and once it’s done intend to 
contribute it to OC.
All work so far has been done by Malcolm in a spreadsheet. What I plan¹ to do 
is turn it into an actual virtual Kanban board. Incidentially we also use 
JIRA, so if there is any sense for us to cooperate, I would be happy to.
cheers,
Matija

 

 


Re: OpenChain Kansan Workflows (was Re: [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance)

Martin Callinan
 

Hi Shane,

 

We are also using Confluence for document management, Jira Core and Xmind to map out processes.

 

Kind Regards,

 

Martin

 

From: Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>
Sent: 27 February 2018 17:44
To: Matija Šuklje <matija@...>
Cc: openchain@...; Martin Callinan <martin.callinan@...>
Subject: OpenChain Kansan Workflows (was Re: [OpenChain] [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance)

 

Hi Matija (and Malcolm!)

 

Martin at Source Code Control has been working on a Trello board for OpenChain Conformance. Please see below for an example. Perhaps a great opportunity for collaboration?

 

Regards

 

Shane


On Feb 27, 2018, at 2:37, Matija Šuklje <matija@...> wrote:
Malcolm and I are working on a Kanban workflow and once it’s done intend to 
contribute it to OC.
All work so far has been done by Malcolm in a spreadsheet. What I plan¹ to do 
is turn it into an actual virtual Kanban board. Incidentially we also use 
JIRA, so if there is any sense for us to cooperate, I would be happy to.
cheers,
Matija

 

 


Re: OpenChain - A Call for Case Studies

Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>
 

Hi Dave!

I think discussing at our face-to-face and our next call is an excellent idea.

I have a suggestion. Perhaps we can take inspiration from the TODO Group case studies. Short, clear and easy to create/read:
https://github.com/todogroup/guides/tree/master/casestudies

Regards

Shane

On Feb 26, 2018, at 18:09, David Marr <dmarr@qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:

Ditto! Also I think the Case Studies has the potential to get into some meaty topics, such as how one handles architectural analysis for copyleft effect; how deep one needs to dive into a hierarchical folder structure before believing the top level license; when to draw a line in the sand re a go/no go decision, and more. If there's opportunity this would surely be a good session at either this one or the next one.

Maybe we could discuss at one of our upcoming calls as well.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 12:43 PM
To: Malcolm Bain <malcolm.bain@id-lawpartners.com>
Cc: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org; Polina Malaja <polina@fsfe.org>
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain - A Call for Case Studies

Thank you Malcolm!

On Feb 26, 2018, at 12:38, Malcolm Bain <malcolm.bain@id-lawpartners.com> wrote:

If we can, leta have 2 open chain based workships at llw: case studies and processes. I have proposed the processes, I'll see if there is a case study one, and if not make a late proposal.



Saludos/Regards
Malcolm (from my cell phone)

-------- Mensaje original --------
De: Shane Coughlan <coughlan@linux.com>
Fecha: 26/2/18 20:07 (GMT+01:00)
Para: Malcolm Bain <malcolm.bain@id-lawpartners.com>
Cc: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org, Polina Malaja
<polina@fsfe.org>
Asunto: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain - A Call for Case Studies

Hi Malcolm!

We seem to have a lot of interest around both case studies and example processes, but we are not yet seeing much organic community contribution in these areas. It would be great if we could explore using the Legal Network event as a way to sit everyone down and get some stuff reviewed. I am adding Polina, the coordinator, to this thread for reference.

On a related note, thanks for sharing the big questions you are
getting, and I can immediately respond that I am finding questions
elsewhere much along these lines. Perhaps an opportunity for Team
OpenChain to provide some answers :)

Regards

Shane

On Feb 22, 2018, at 3:15, Malcolm Bain <malcolm.bain@id-lawpartners.com> wrote:

Ha! That was going to be one of my proposals for a workshop at LLW18...
building collaboratively a battery of OC case studies (in a 2 h
sprint...) to then be published.

We did this in the ASTP (tech transfer association) software SIG at
the annual event in Portugal; and came up with 8 case studies (on
the basis of a
template) within 2 hours, and 25 tech transfer officers having a
very intense dose of software IPR management and licensing - very
educational. I then had to write the bloody things up into more or
less proper English. :-)

In the end I did not propose this for the LLW - needed more OC-list
support (you guys) and didn't have time to drum up interest (I know
you are keen!), but if we don't move forward offline on Shane's call
to arms, and if there are a number of us at the LLW, we could try
offering this as a session (the CFP is "closed", but always wiggle
room for sending something in a bit late). I think it would be both
instructive for those attending (both OC experts and passive listeners) and useful in terms of output.

I'll try to put in some text relating to my current OC audit
(dragging on..) but need OK for company name to be released.

Re. answering questions, the big questions I am getting (that could
be considered within a case study) are:
- what are the biggest challenges?
- how much of this can be "automated"?
- Is there any (FOSS) (SaaS) "workflow management" software adapted
to OC processes and templates?
- how much time do we have to invest in this?
- who should be / has to be involved? (e.g. QA guys)
- where can I find templates for OC documents and processes? (e.g.
process maps, thank you Armijn/Shane, or FOSS policy templates
(thank you Linux
Fondation)
- what skills are needed for "OC coordinator team"?
- what are the quick wins that can help me sell this around the
organization?
- what clauses can I put in my supply contracts to require upstream
conformance?

Best

malcolm


-----Mensaje original-----
De: openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:openchain-
bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org] En nombre de Shane Coughlan
Enviado el: jueves, 22 de febrero de 2018 11:30
Para: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Asunto: [OpenChain] OpenChain - A Call for Case Studies

Dear All

I wanted to announce a call for case studies. This is one of the
number one items raised by potential participants. Some of you have
already volunteered to create such case studies. Now I would like
to throw open the doors a little more widely.

What we are looking for are short, concise overviews of how and why
OrganizationX is interested in and engaged with OpenChain
educational material, the specification and/or conformance. In
providing this overviews we can fulfill the need to answer one of
the most important questions around our project: “how do I get
started?"

Here is the Case Studies document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15I4xvB-
UNXG_z4q0LFUhiwZaj2ehLJYwXqMwURomZCk/edit#heading=h.6l9ziyuob6dq
(Edit at will!)

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain Project Director
e: coughlan@linux.com
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Professional profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanecoughlan

Get my free book on open source compliance here:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/research/practical-gpl-
compliance

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


OpenChain Kansan Workflows (was Re: [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance)

Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>
 

Hi Matija (and Malcolm!)

Martin at Source Code Control has been working on a Trello board for OpenChain Conformance. Please see below for an example. Perhaps a great opportunity for collaboration?

Regards

Shane

On Feb 27, 2018, at 2:37, Matija Šuklje <matija@...> wrote:
Malcolm and I are working on a Kanban workflow and once it’s done intend to 
contribute it to OC.
All work so far has been done by Malcolm in a spreadsheet. What I plan¹ to do 
is turn it into an actual virtual Kanban board. Incidentially we also use 
JIRA, so if there is any sense for us to cooperate, I would be happy to.
cheers,
Matija



New article references OpenChain Project

Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>
 

Hi All

Paul at Source Code Control just released a new article that references OpenChain:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/shift-6-chevron-my-mind-paul-mcadam/

If you find articles referencing our project please do flag them. It’s always great to see activity and I am always happy to help spread the news!

Regards

Shane


--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain Project Director
e: coughlan@linux.com
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Professional profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanecoughlan

Get my free book on open source compliance here:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/research/practical-gpl-compliance


Re: [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance

Matija Šuklje
 

Dne torek, 27. februar 2018 ob 03:00:23 CET je David Marr napisal(a):
- Is there any (FOSS) (SaaS) "workflow management" software adapted to OC
processes and templates?

DM: I'm reluctant to endorse a specific tool here, but the workflow tool my
eng teams happened to already be using was Jira, so we based our process
off of that.
Malcolm and I are working on a Kanban workflow and once it’s done intend to
contribute it to OC.

All work so far has been done by Malcolm in a spreadsheet. What I plan¹ to do
is turn it into an actual virtual Kanban board. Incidentially we also use
JIRA, so if there is any sense for us to cooperate, I would be happy to.


cheers,
Matija

1 This has been sitting in my drawer for some time now, so all credit belongs
to Malcolm and all blame to me.
--
gsm: +386 41 849 552
www: http://matija.suklje.name
xmpp: matija.suklje@gabbler.org
sip: matija_suklje@ippi.fr


Re: The OpenChain Partner Program - A Request For Comments

Paul McAdam
 

Hi Shane

I echo Mark's comments really. I spent a lot of time working in the Microsoft Partner Programme and my learnings would be...
1- This is more of an ecosystem than a single "partner" - we have training, legal, IT partner, tool providers etc. The difficulty is trying to keep the contribution in balance with being recognised as "a partner". E.g. does running 1 training course once qualify? Does delivering 1 intl customer qualify?
2- A set of values you expect partners to uphold - irrespective of partner type
3- As Mark says, for each type we need to define "the deal" - so what does the partner have to give and what do they receive in return. How do you recognise above and beyond.
4- What are the behaviours / expectations you would like to see of each partner type - and those drive the thresholds:
a- Quantitative - e.g. how many training courses or case studies
b- Qualitative - e.g. feedback provided by customers or judged quality of case studies / training
5- Expiration cycle - once a partner.. how long does it last?
6- A license or exit strategy - if a partner isn’t upholding the values - how do you remove them.
7- Financial implications - is the programme free; funded or self-funded

Hope that helps

Paul

Paul McAdam

Mob: +44 7801881031
Email: paul.mcadam@sourcecodecontrol.co
Web: https://sourcecodecontrol.co
Twitter: @sourcecodecontr
Source Code Control Ltd. Registered in England & Wales | Company Number: 09277137 | VAT Registered: 208 1697 05
Registered Office: 149-151 Mortimer Street, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 5HA
Please disregard this email if you are not an intended recipient.

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Gisi, Mark
Sent: 27 February 2018 06:05
To: Shane Coughlan <coughlan@linux.com>; openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] The OpenChain Partner Program - A Request For Comments

Hi Shane,

we need to discuss how and when the requirements for partners might be modified.
Some initially thoughts for consideration:
- Define set of measurable goals for the partner program (what is success?) - e.g., greater visibility = x presentations, y new conforming companies, ...
- Given a set of goals - what requirements (if completed by a partner) would help achieve those goals, e.g., number of presentations, conformance referrals, conformance assistance, ...
- What is the minimum set of requirements that must be satisfied annually to maintain partnership status. This should be revisited annually.
- What incentives/reward would there be for exceeding expectations (e.g., level recognition - Gold, Silver, ...)

Best,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 4:20 PM
To: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Subject: [OpenChain] The OpenChain Partner Program - A Request For Comments

Dear OpenChain Community (and especially a pilot partners)

The OpenChain Specification will always be centered around self-certification that is free of cost and has a low barrier to entry for entities of all sizes. Adjacent to this we expect to see companies explore with other methods of having “verified” conformance or one type or another. One avenue is the concept of expert partners who can help entities through a guided form of conformance. To this end we are currently running a pilot partner program centered around a handful of consultancies and law firms that are deeply connected with our volunteer community.

In its early phase this pilot is focused on having knowledgeable entities with a strong commitment to OpenChain explore how conformance can work towards their community and clients. This is a great start. However, if we continue this program in the long-term we need to discuss how and when the requirements for partners might be modified.

For example, if we move the program from pilot to deployment, do we gradually increase the series of requirements for an entity to be an “official partner”, and what should be the criteria for continued participation?

How about an annual performance review? Would it be useful if it tracked some concrete metrics (e.g. an certain number of public talks per year)?

I would value your feedback around this issue. As always, OpenChain is *your* project and how we approach long-term engagement is very important. Many organizations have said they would like the opportunity for verified conformance as well as self-certification. Our opportunity is to make this verification a natural, useful fit for our community.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain Project Director
e: coughlan@linux.com
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Professional profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanecoughlan

Get my free book on open source compliance here:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/research/practical-gpl-compliance

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: The OpenChain Partner Program - A Request For Comments

Dave Marr
 

Hi Shane and Mark,

Yes, and would also be very interested to hear how the partners participating in the current pilot might suggest further ideas. 

Additionally I think we have a shared sense that we are still at the stage where we are trying to build broad community expertise and suggest keeping the barriers low, while encouraging economic opportunities for consultants because doing so helps build a healthy ecosystem (I believe).

Thanks,
Dave

On Feb 26, 2018 10:05 PM, "Gisi, Mark" <Mark.Gisi@...> wrote:

Hi Shane,

>> we need to discuss how and when the requirements for partners might be modified.

Some initially thoughts for consideration:
- Define set of measurable goals for the partner program (what is success?) - e.g., greater visibility = x presentations, y new conforming companies, ...
- Given a set of goals - what requirements (if completed by a partner) would help achieve those goals, e.g., number of presentations, conformance referrals, conformance assistance, ...
- What is the minimum set of requirements that must be satisfied annually to maintain partnership status. This should be revisited annually.
- What incentives/reward would there be for exceeding expectations (e.g., level recognition - Gold, Silver, ...)

Best,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 4:20 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] The OpenChain Partner Program - A Request For Comments

Dear OpenChain Community (and especially a pilot partners)

The OpenChain Specification will always be centered around self-certification that is free of cost and has a low barrier to entry for entities of all sizes. Adjacent to this we expect to see companies explore with other methods of having “verified” conformance or one type or another. One avenue is the concept of expert partners who can help entities through a guided form of conformance. To this end we are currently running a pilot partner program centered around a handful of consultancies and law firms that are deeply connected with our volunteer community.

In its early phase this pilot is focused on having knowledgeable entities with a strong commitment to OpenChain explore how conformance can work towards their community and clients. This is a great start. However, if we continue this program in the long-term we need to discuss how and when the requirements for partners might be modified.

For example, if we move the program from pilot to deployment, do we gradually increase the series of requirements for an entity to be an “official partner”, and what should be the criteria for continued participation?

How about an annual performance review? Would it be useful if it tracked some concrete metrics (e.g. an certain number of public talks per year)?

I would value your feedback around this issue. As always, OpenChain is *your* project and how we approach long-term engagement is very important. Many organizations have said they would like the opportunity for verified conformance as well as self-certification. Our opportunity is to make this verification a natural, useful fit for our community.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain Project Director
e: coughlan@...           
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083               
w: www.openchainproject.org

Professional profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanecoughlan

Get my free book on open source compliance here:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/research/practical-gpl-compliance 

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: The OpenChain Partner Program - A Request For Comments

Mark Gisi
 

Hi Shane,

we need to discuss how and when the requirements for partners might be modified.
Some initially thoughts for consideration:
- Define set of measurable goals for the partner program (what is success?) - e.g., greater visibility = x presentations, y new conforming companies, ...
- Given a set of goals - what requirements (if completed by a partner) would help achieve those goals, e.g., number of presentations, conformance referrals, conformance assistance, ...
- What is the minimum set of requirements that must be satisfied annually to maintain partnership status. This should be revisited annually.
- What incentives/reward would there be for exceeding expectations (e.g., level recognition - Gold, Silver, ...)

Best,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 4:20 PM
To: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Subject: [OpenChain] The OpenChain Partner Program - A Request For Comments

Dear OpenChain Community (and especially a pilot partners)

The OpenChain Specification will always be centered around self-certification that is free of cost and has a low barrier to entry for entities of all sizes. Adjacent to this we expect to see companies explore with other methods of having “verified” conformance or one type or another. One avenue is the concept of expert partners who can help entities through a guided form of conformance. To this end we are currently running a pilot partner program centered around a handful of consultancies and law firms that are deeply connected with our volunteer community.

In its early phase this pilot is focused on having knowledgeable entities with a strong commitment to OpenChain explore how conformance can work towards their community and clients. This is a great start. However, if we continue this program in the long-term we need to discuss how and when the requirements for partners might be modified.

For example, if we move the program from pilot to deployment, do we gradually increase the series of requirements for an entity to be an “official partner”, and what should be the criteria for continued participation?

How about an annual performance review? Would it be useful if it tracked some concrete metrics (e.g. an certain number of public talks per year)?

I would value your feedback around this issue. As always, OpenChain is *your* project and how we approach long-term engagement is very important. Many organizations have said they would like the opportunity for verified conformance as well as self-certification. Our opportunity is to make this verification a natural, useful fit for our community.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain Project Director
e: coughlan@linux.com
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Professional profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanecoughlan

Get my free book on open source compliance here:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/research/practical-gpl-compliance

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: OpenChain Report: Summary of the Japan Work Group meeting on the 22nd February

Nobuo Imada
 

Dear all,

My report will be much simpler one just to summarize the meeting.
Fukuchi-san's report, focusing on the certification, is detailed and precise.
I appreciate Fukuchi-san's contribution and effort.

Regards
Imada
Hitachi, Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 11:34 AM
To: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Subject: [!]Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain Report: Summary of the Japan Work Group meeting on the 22nd February

Dear all

A brief clarification. Fukuchi San from Sony is the author of the overview. Imada San from Hitachi will provide a formal report later.

Our Japan team is so busy two people take minutes!

Regards

Shane

On 26 Feb 2018, at 11:17, Shane Coughlan <coughlan@linux.com> wrote:

This report comes thanks to Imada San of Hitachi. Thank you Imada San!

==

I summarized the discussion points about the certification at the last
Japan WG meeting, because this discussion contains good points.

At the Japan WG meeting, the question was raised:
"Why did not the number of the OpenChain compliant company increase?
Are there obstacles to be overcome?"

The members discussed:
(1)
Even if staff think their practices are good, staff cannot judge their
practices are good enough and do not know what quality they have,
because there is no consensus, or common practices shared by their industry.
Staff always are afraid that their practices are not good on the level, and their self-check is not precise.
Nobody gives advice. There are no measure of the quality.

An idea to resolve this issue is to share practices and knowledge about compliance within the trusted environment/relationship.
In this way, we can make and share common sense or common knowledge about OSS compliance.

Another idea is the certification by a third party company.
A third party certification company can give the authority.
A third party certification company can collect and store common knowledge through its certification with many companies.
(But this can only be taken by affordable companies.)

(2)
Big Japanese companies usually do not have an appropriate Officer to authorize OSS compliance.

Even if staff like us perform self-test of conformance, nobody can authorize its conformance on behalf of its company.
To declare conformance may cause usage of company logo and external inquiries.
But staff cannot undertake such responsibilities.

The members think these two are the obstacles peculiar to Japan. (but
not everyone is in consensus)

I think this is not the conclusion and we should analyze these points deeper and more precise.
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: OpenChain Report: Summary of the Japan Work Group meeting on the 22nd February

Shane Coughlan <shanecoughlan@...>
 

Dear all

A brief clarification. Fukuchi San from Sony is the author of the overview. Imada San from Hitachi will provide a formal report later.

Our Japan team is so busy two people take minutes!

Regards

Shane

On 26 Feb 2018, at 11:17, Shane Coughlan <coughlan@linux.com> wrote:

This report comes thanks to Imada San of Hitachi. Thank you Imada San!

==

I summarized the discussion points about the certification at the last Japan WG meeting,
because this discussion contains good points.

At the Japan WG meeting, the question was raised:
"Why did not the number of the OpenChain compliant company increase?
Are there obstacles to be overcome?"

The members discussed:
(1)
Even if staff think their practices are good,
staff cannot judge their practices are good enough and do not know what quality they have,
because there is no consensus, or common practices shared by their industry.
Staff always are afraid that their practices are not good on the level, and their self-check is not precise.
Nobody gives advice. There are no measure of the quality.

An idea to resolve this issue is to share practices and knowledge about compliance within the trusted environment/relationship.
In this way, we can make and share common sense or common knowledge about OSS compliance.

Another idea is the certification by a third party company.
A third party certification company can give the authority.
A third party certification company can collect and store common knowledge through its certification with many companies.
(But this can only be taken by affordable companies.)

(2)
Big Japanese companies usually do not have an appropriate Officer to authorize OSS compliance.

Even if staff like us perform self-test of conformance, nobody can authorize its conformance on behalf of its company.
To declare conformance may cause usage of company logo and external inquiries.
But staff cannot undertake such responsibilities.

The members think these two are the obstacles peculiar to Japan. (but not everyone is in consensus)

I think this is not the conclusion and we should analyze these points deeper and more precise.


Re: OpenChain - A Call for Case Studies

Dave Marr
 

Ditto! Also I think the Case Studies has the potential to get into some meaty topics, such as how one handles architectural analysis for copyleft effect; how deep one needs to dive into a hierarchical folder structure before believing the top level license; when to draw a line in the sand re a go/no go decision, and more. If there's opportunity this would surely be a good session at either this one or the next one.

Maybe we could discuss at one of our upcoming calls as well.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 12:43 PM
To: Malcolm Bain <malcolm.bain@id-lawpartners.com>
Cc: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org; Polina Malaja <polina@fsfe.org>
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain - A Call for Case Studies

Thank you Malcolm!

On Feb 26, 2018, at 12:38, Malcolm Bain <malcolm.bain@id-lawpartners.com> wrote:

If we can, leta have 2 open chain based workships at llw: case studies and processes. I have proposed the processes, I'll see if there is a case study one, and if not make a late proposal.



Saludos/Regards
Malcolm (from my cell phone)

-------- Mensaje original --------
De: Shane Coughlan <coughlan@linux.com>
Fecha: 26/2/18 20:07 (GMT+01:00)
Para: Malcolm Bain <malcolm.bain@id-lawpartners.com>
Cc: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org, Polina Malaja
<polina@fsfe.org>
Asunto: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain - A Call for Case Studies

Hi Malcolm!

We seem to have a lot of interest around both case studies and example processes, but we are not yet seeing much organic community contribution in these areas. It would be great if we could explore using the Legal Network event as a way to sit everyone down and get some stuff reviewed. I am adding Polina, the coordinator, to this thread for reference.

On a related note, thanks for sharing the big questions you are
getting, and I can immediately respond that I am finding questions
elsewhere much along these lines. Perhaps an opportunity for Team
OpenChain to provide some answers :)

Regards

Shane

On Feb 22, 2018, at 3:15, Malcolm Bain <malcolm.bain@id-lawpartners.com> wrote:

Ha! That was going to be one of my proposals for a workshop at LLW18...
building collaboratively a battery of OC case studies (in a 2 h
sprint...) to then be published.

We did this in the ASTP (tech transfer association) software SIG at
the annual event in Portugal; and came up with 8 case studies (on
the basis of a
template) within 2 hours, and 25 tech transfer officers having a
very intense dose of software IPR management and licensing - very
educational. I then had to write the bloody things up into more or
less proper English. :-)

In the end I did not propose this for the LLW - needed more OC-list
support (you guys) and didn't have time to drum up interest (I know
you are keen!), but if we don't move forward offline on Shane's call
to arms, and if there are a number of us at the LLW, we could try
offering this as a session (the CFP is "closed", but always wiggle
room for sending something in a bit late). I think it would be both
instructive for those attending (both OC experts and passive listeners) and useful in terms of output.

I'll try to put in some text relating to my current OC audit
(dragging on..) but need OK for company name to be released.

Re. answering questions, the big questions I am getting (that could
be considered within a case study) are:
- what are the biggest challenges?
- how much of this can be "automated"?
- Is there any (FOSS) (SaaS) "workflow management" software adapted
to OC processes and templates?
- how much time do we have to invest in this?
- who should be / has to be involved? (e.g. QA guys)
- where can I find templates for OC documents and processes? (e.g.
process maps, thank you Armijn/Shane, or FOSS policy templates
(thank you Linux
Fondation)
- what skills are needed for "OC coordinator team"?
- what are the quick wins that can help me sell this around the
organization?
- what clauses can I put in my supply contracts to require upstream
conformance?

Best

malcolm


-----Mensaje original-----
De: openchain-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:openchain-
bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org] En nombre de Shane Coughlan
Enviado el: jueves, 22 de febrero de 2018 11:30
Para: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Asunto: [OpenChain] OpenChain - A Call for Case Studies

Dear All

I wanted to announce a call for case studies. This is one of the
number one items raised by potential participants. Some of you have
already volunteered to create such case studies. Now I would like
to throw open the doors a little more widely.

What we are looking for are short, concise overviews of how and why
OrganizationX is interested in and engaged with OpenChain
educational material, the specification and/or conformance. In
providing this overviews we can fulfill the need to answer one of
the most important questions around our project: “how do I get
started?"

Here is the Case Studies document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15I4xvB-
UNXG_z4q0LFUhiwZaj2ehLJYwXqMwURomZCk/edit#heading=h.6l9ziyuob6dq
(Edit at will!)

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain Project Director
e: coughlan@linux.com
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Professional profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanecoughlan

Get my free book on open source compliance here:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/research/practical-gpl-
compliance

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance

Dave Marr
 

Cool. These seem to be a great set of natural questions that one encounters in that time after one understands:

1. why license compliance is important, and
2. therefore let's approach license compliance in an efficient, consistent way (hence OpenChain), and then arrives at:

3. ...so how do I roll it out at my company.

My comments to Shane's capture of Malcolm's questions, offered as just my opinions:

- what are the biggest challenges to conformance?

DM: top level support and executive buy-in

- how much of this can be "automated"?

DM: lots, but we tended to begin with manual processes and simple automation, and redesigned from there. My team adopted workflow tools that our engineering teams already were using. Approach was to mesh the compliance process into the natural engineering process where possible, rather than make engineers come out of their process to follow a legal process. Legal adopted engineering milestones.

- Is there any (FOSS) (SaaS) "workflow management" software adapted to OC processes and templates?

DM: I'm reluctant to endorse a specific tool here, but the workflow tool my eng teams happened to already be using was Jira, so we based our process off of that.

- how much time do we have to invest in this?

DM: over time it's quite a bit, but it's one bite at a time, improving incrementally to add automation and integrating with product development workflow.

- who should be / has to be involved? (e.g. QA guys)

DM: eng, product management, program management, engineering leadership, legal, IT

- where can I find templates for OC documents and processes? (e.g. process maps or FOSS policy templates)

DM: should we set up a donation bin? Perhaps an option for folks to scrub off their company name and let others adapt? Just an idea but it seemed to work for curriculum donations under CC0.

- what skills are needed for "OC coordinator team"?

DM: for a team that functions as a review board for open source matters, including designing process and making the tough calls for borderline issues, I would say (1) experience in reviewing open source issues, along with a blend of (2) engineering/programming skills and (3) legal skills.

- what are the quick wins that can help me sell this around the organization?

DM: for me, I invited some senior execs to participate in a video that was used for required internal training on open source for software engs and PMs. Having folks watch a video of the CEO tell them that open source was important and to please pay attention to the training was a big early win. That was pre-OpenChain, but the ongoing training discipline is now the vehicle for introducing additional content such as any added elements from OpenChain.

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-conformance-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org [mailto:openchain-conformance-bounces@lists.linuxfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 11:45 AM
To: openchain@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Cc: Openchain-conformance@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Subject: [Openchain-conformance] OpenChain: The questions about Conformance

Dear All

Malcolm raised some interesting questions that he is receiving from clients. These align neatly with the types of question I am encountering in Japan.

Here they are. Thoughts, comments and suggestions regarding answering these items are most welcome. I suspect that if we put our heads together we can get the best results:
- what are the biggest challenges to conformance?
- how much of this can be "automated"?
- Is there any (FOSS) (SaaS) "workflow management" software adapted to OC processes and templates?
- how much time do we have to invest in this?
- who should be / has to be involved? (e.g. QA guys)
- where can I find templates for OC documents and processes? (e.g. process maps or FOSS policy templates)
- what skills are needed for "OC coordinator team"?
- what are the quick wins that can help me sell this around the organization?

Regards

Shane


--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain Project Director
e: coughlan@linux.com
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Professional profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanecoughlan

Get my free book on open source compliance here:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/research/practical-gpl-compliance

_______________________________________________
Openchain-conformance mailing list
Openchain-conformance@lists.linuxfoundation.org
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain-conformance

2901 - 2920 of 4312