Date   

OpenChain Third Monday Call February 2020 – Meeting Minutes

 

OpenChain Third Monday Call February 2020 – Meeting Minutes

Our Regular OpenChain Third Monday call was held this Monday at 5pm Pacific. We had attendees from Korea, Japan and the USA. This call caught everyone up with the latest news and provided a forum to discuss next steps in our conformance, reference and other material.

Watch the Call
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Is6Vc-7AeY


OpenChain in the Media - CIO Review India + Corporate Review Magazine

 

OpenChain in the Media - CIO Review India + Corporate Review Magazine: We had some great coverage of our recent Lyra Infosystems partner announcement.

https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/02/17/openchain-featured-in-corporate-review-magazine

https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/02/17/openchain-featured-in-cio-review-india


Testing Mailing List Settings - Please Review

 

Are you receiving more than one copy of this email?

If so, are you subscribed to a regional sub-group (like Japan, Taiwan)?

If you are receiving more than one copy of this email but are not subscribed to a regional subgroup please email me at @shanecoughlan for this issue to be fixed.


Re: OpenChain Third Monday call today at 5pm Pacific

 

Dear all

Please find attached our agenda slides for the meeting at 5pm Pacific today.

Regards

Shane

On Feb 17, 2020, at 22:46, Shane Coughlan <@shanecoughlan> wrote:

Dear all

This is a reminder that our regular Third Monday Call will take place this Monday at 5pm Pacific. Dial in details below.

We will be covering the recent conformance, partnership and other news. We will be discussing the impact of CORVID-19 on local meetings and our plans for video conferencing. We will cover activities at the forthcoming LF Member Summit. We will also be having a major membership announcement.

Join the call: https://uberconference.com/openchainproject

Optional US dial in number: 855-889-3011
No PIN needed

If you need to use an international phone number:
1. Dial the country number based on your location.
2. Enter 855 889 3011 and then # to enter the room.

Argentina
011 5352-7853

Australia
(02) 8417 2302

Austria
0720 883760

Belgium
02 808 40 28

Brazil
(11) 3500-8339

Bulgaria
02 491 6412

Canada
(647) 694-4842

Colombia
(1) 5087553

Croatia
01 7776 564

Cyprus
25 030290

Czech Republic
228 881 354

Czech Republic
597 499 796

Denmark
69 91 25 10

Dominican Republic
(829) 954-8429

El Salvador
2113 1872

Estonia
668 3205

Finland
09 42450409

France
01 82 88 57 11

Germany
030 30807999

Greece
21 1198 3594

Hong Kong
5808 3219

Hungary
(1) 408 8251

Ireland
(01) 525 5652

Israel
072-223-7397

Italy
06 9480 3196

Japan
03 4578 0172

Latvia
66 163 203

Lithuania
(8-5) 214 0245

Luxembourg
27 86 01 18

Malaysia
03-9212 1770

Malta
2778 0968

Mexico
01 55 4628 2602

Netherlands
020 808 4062

New Zealand
09-887 3488

Norway
23 96 01 42

Panama
833-9020

Peru
(01) 7087243

Poland
22 307 18 02

Portugal
308 802 875

Puerto Rico
(787) 919-0379

Romania
031 630 0092

Singapore
3158 0641

Slovakia
02/334 183 24

Slovenia
(01) 888 82 12

South Africa
087 551 7697

South Korea
02-6022-2388

Spain
911 23 89 04

Sweden
08-408 394 78

Switzerland
022 518 08 35

Taiwan
02 7705 4488

United Kingdom
020 3514 1993

United States
(401) 283-2000

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
e: coughlan@...
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org


Moxa Joins OpenChain Project As Platinum Member To Support Open Source Compliance

 

The OpenChain Project, an initiative by the Linux Foundation to streamline open source compliance, announced today that Moxa Inc. has joined as a Platinum member. As a leading provider of industrial edge-to-cloud connectivity and computing solutions for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) environments, Moxa has demonstrated its continuous commitment to open source compliance to enable advanced industrial networking and communications applications for the IIoT world.

“Moxa is thrilled to join the OpenChain Project to demonstrate our commitment in supporting open source compliance standard,” said Andy Cheng, President of Strategic Business Unit at Moxa. “Moxa has been a strong supporter of the Linux Foundation for some of its important projects such as Civil Infrastructure Project (CIP) for long-term support Linux distribution. We are now looking forward to working closely with the OpenChain community for industry standards of open source compliance.”

As a Platinum member, Moxa will be the first Taiwan-based company to join the OpenChain’s board, expanding the project’s reach across multiple industries. An array of industry-leading companies have already joined the Platinum membership program, including Arm Holdings, Bosch, Cisco, Comcast, Facebook, Fujitsu, Google, Hitachi, Microsoft, Panasonic, Qualcomm, Siemens, Sony, Toshiba, Toyota, Uber, and Western Digital.

https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/02/17/moxa-joins-openchain-project-as-platinum-member-to-support-open-source-compliance


OpenChain Conformance: The Arm Case Study

 

OpenChain Conformance: The Arm Case Study

This case study unpacks how the open source team at Arm used the OpenChain industry standard to simplify and speed their compliance process. It includes detailed information on the approach selected, the timescales used, and the outcomes reached. It will be useful for any company currently considering or undergoing OpenChain self-certification, compliance assessment or third-party certification.

Review the Case Study:
https://www.slideshare.net/ShaneCoughlan3/openchain-conformance-arm-case-study?ref=https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/02/17/openchain-conformance-the-arm-case-study

Download the Case Study:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/case-studies/raw/master/ArmOpenChainCaseStudy.pdf

Link to share all the above details:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/02/17/openchain-conformance-the-arm-case-study


OpenChain Third Monday call today at 5pm Pacific

 

Dear all

This is a reminder that our regular Third Monday Call will take place this Monday at 5pm Pacific. Dial in details below.

We will be covering the recent conformance, partnership and other news. We will be discussing the impact of CORVID-19 on local meetings and our plans for video conferencing. We will cover activities at the forthcoming LF Member Summit. We will also be having a major membership announcement.

Join the call: https://uberconference.com/openchainproject

Optional US dial in number: 855-889-3011 
No PIN needed

If you need to use an international phone number:
1. Dial the country number based on your location.
2. Enter 855 889 3011 and then # to enter the room.

Argentina
011 5352-7853

Australia
(02) 8417 2302

Austria
0720 883760

Belgium
02 808 40 28

Brazil
(11) 3500-8339

Bulgaria
02 491 6412

Canada
(647) 694-4842

Colombia
(1) 5087553

Croatia
01 7776 564

Cyprus
25 030290

Czech Republic
228 881 354

Czech Republic
597 499 796

Denmark
69 91 25 10

Dominican Republic
(829) 954-8429

El Salvador
2113 1872

Estonia
668 3205

Finland
09 42450409

France
01 82 88 57 11

Germany
030 30807999

Greece
21 1198 3594

Hong Kong
5808 3219

Hungary
(1) 408 8251

Ireland
(01) 525 5652

Israel
072-223-7397

Italy
06 9480 3196

Japan
03 4578 0172

Latvia
66 163 203

Lithuania
(8-5) 214 0245

Luxembourg
27 86 01 18

Malaysia
03-9212 1770

Malta
2778 0968

Mexico
01 55 4628 2602

Netherlands
020 808 4062

New Zealand
09-887 3488

Norway
23 96 01 42

Panama
833-9020

Peru
(01) 7087243

Poland
22 307 18 02

Portugal
308 802 875

Puerto Rico
(787) 919-0379

Romania
031 630 0092

Singapore
3158 0641

Slovakia
02/334 183 24

Slovenia
(01) 888 82 12

South Africa
087 551 7697

South Korea
02-6022-2388

Spain
911 23 89 04

Sweden
08-408 394 78

Switzerland
022 518 08 35

Taiwan
02 7705 4488

United Kingdom
020 3514 1993

United States
(401) 283-2000

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
e: coughlan@...            
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083                
w: www.openchainproject.org


Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 Available in Russian

 

Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 Available in Russian

Thanks to the hard work of Denis Dorotenko at Yandex (https://dorotenko.pro/english/) the OpenChain Specification 2.0 has a draft translation in Russian. This will be converted to an official translation once it completes peer review.

Get the Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 in Russian
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/raw/master/ru/2.0/OpenChainSpec-2.0.TranslationTemplate(ru)%20edited%202020-02-11%20clean.docx

Contribute to New Versions

• Via the main project mailing list:
main@...
• Via Github:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/tree/master/ru


Minutes of the OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group Meeting – 12th February 2020

 

Dear all

This is a reminder that the OpenChain Project has a very active reference tooling work group. It holds bi-weekly meetings and all the minutes are posted pro-actively to its mailing list. Before, for reference, are the minutes from the latest meeting.

Minutes of the OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group Meeting – 12th February 2020

1. News
Oliver gave an overview about “what happened since last meeting”:
On 6th of Feb there was the kick off meeting of the OpenChain German Work Group. More than 35 persons attended the meeting. Main results were:
1. the work group agreed on working on a guideline and layout of an OSS disclosure document
2. the work group will work on translations of the existing material, there is already work in progress. Please see https://github.com/OCSpecGermanTranslation/OpenChain-SuppierLeaflet-GermanTranslation/tree/master/supplier-leaflet/de
3. the work group has a “rolling chair” model – i.e. the host of the particular meeting is automatically the chair of the work group

Oliver started working on a charter, contribution guideline, code of conduct and updated the README of our project. The current state of work can be analyzed, improved, commented etc. in the branch https://github.com/Open-Source-Compliance/Sharing-creates-value/tree/onboarding-new-persons

Please follow the link, read the documents and please provide comments and improvements. The branch is called onboarding-new-persons

Sami suggested to add a “code example” what we expect in the context of reuse conformant contributions. Further he suggested to add a phrase like “other licenses of already existing code.
Sami volunteered to let our logo to be checked whether our logo is fine from a trademark point of view

2. Summary of the Unconference about OSS tooling in Brussels
Michael gave an overview about the unconference on OSS compliance tooling which took place on 31st of January in Brussels. Material and photos are available in our repo, please check https://github.com/Open-Source-Compliance/Sharing-creates-value/tree/master/Tooling-Landscape/Meeting-Material/Meeting-20200131

2.1. Code matching
One result of the code matching session was that there need to be a definition what is exactly to be understood by code matching. Some see code matching as the task “I have a binary package and need to find the corresponding source”. Others see it “I want to check source code whether it contains source code originating for 3rd parties.

2.2. sw360
This session centered around using and installing sw360.

2.3. Container Scanning
All attendees agreed that license compliance is a problem. The attendees agreed to start working on guidelines and best practices for container handling and container license compliance.

2.4. Big Picture
Please have a look at the slides.

2.5. Glue Code
Please have a look at the slides.

2.6. Requirements
Please have a look at the slides.

3. What approaches are existing for license compliant containers
We were not able to discuss the topic “3. What approaches are existing for license compliant containers” and decided to dedicate the next meeting entirely to container compliance

4. Next Meeting
26th of Feb 2020
Agenda: What approaches are existing for license compliant containers


Keep Up-To-Date and Participate
https://groups.io/g/oss-based-compliance-tooling


OpenChain Korea Work Group Meeting # 5 - Kakao Seoul on the 19th of March

 

OpenChain Korea Work Group Meeting # 5 - Kakao Seoul on the 19th of March

The 5th meeting of the OpenChain Korean Work Group will be hosted by Kakao in Seoul. A big thank you to Violet from Kakao and all our work group members.
• Organizer : Kakao (Contact : Violet - violet.blue@... )
• Venue: Kakao Pangyo Office (7F, N-dong, 235 Pangyo Station-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do)
• Date: March 19, 2020

Please contact Violet to register!
Please also note that this meeting may be subject to change due to the on-going situation with the COVID-19 virus.

https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/02/17/openchain-korea-work-group-meeting-5-kakao-seoul-on-the-19th-of-march

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: @shanecoughlan
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan


OpenChain Japan Work Group Meeting # 13 – Cancelled

 

The 13th meeting of the OpenChain Japan Work Group was scheduled to be held at DeNA in Shibuya on the 18th of February. However, due to the deteriorating situation in Japan with the COVID-19 virus we have taken the decision to cancel this event.

Please keep up-to-date with the latest developments regarding alternative video conferences and other meetings via our OpenChain Japan mailing list:
https://lists.openchainproject.org/g/japan-wg

On behalf of the OpenChain Project I would like to take a moment to thank our wonderful hosts at DeNA. We look forward to returning to their offices for a work group meeting in the near future.

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: @shanecoughlan
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan


Re: [governing] [openchain] OpenChain @ Linux Foundation Member Summit – 10~12 March 2020

Samantha Elliott (samellio)
 

Hi Shane,

This sounds perfect.  I will come up from San Jose after our Supply Chain Open Source Conference and see everyone in Lake Tahoe.

 

See you in March!

Samantha

 

From: governing@... <governing@...> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 1:52 AM
To: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Cc: OpenChain Governing board <governing@...>
Subject: Re: [governing] [openchain] OpenChain @ Linux Foundation Member Summit – 10~12 March 2020

 

Hi Samantha. Very cool! I send a direct message with your governing board code.

 

All, let’s do this OpenChain dinner, our regular Governing Board dinner but others are welcome too. I had been thinking Monday night but Tuesday also sounds good. What do you think?

 

Shane



On Feb 14, 2020, at 5:05, Samantha Elliott (samellio) via Lists.Openchainproject.Org <samellio=cisco.com@...> wrote:

 

Hello Shane,

It is confirmed that I will be dialing in by phone on the 9th and present on the 10th, 11th.

 

Do you have the access code I need to use to Register?  I was attempting to register, given our membership level and did not know how to navigate the system.

 

Maybe some of us can do an ad hoc dinner on Tuesday night, since I will be arriving fairly late on Monday.

 

I look forward to meeting you in person!

Samantha

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:38 AM
To: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Subject: [openchain] OpenChain @ Linux Foundation Member Summit – 10~12 March 2020

 

The OpenChain Project will have a substantial presence at the forthcoming Linux Foundation Member Summit held during the 10th to 12th March 2020 in Lake Tahoe.

Framing OpenChain as an ISO standard

The Road to Conformance: Panel with Arm, Comcast, Google and Uber

Some Cool Talks by Community and Friends

·        And many many more…

See The Full Schedule

·        https://lfms2020.sched.com/

In Other News

The OpenChain Project will host a board meeting on the 9th of March, the day immediately before the Linux Foundation Member Summit. Adjacent to this we may hold a Steering Committee meeting. We have no voting item at this time but it could provide a space for a walk-through of the forthcoming ISO standard. If you have an interest in this being scheduled for 3pm on the 9th please let me know.

 

 

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@...       
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083                
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan

 

 


OpenChain and COVID-19 – Remote Conferencing - Video, Presentations and More - Up to 100 People (Alex, please also make a news item out of this)

 

The spread of COVID-19 is increasingly causing meeting or events to be reconsidered. We want to ensure people have the option to hold remote conferences as an alternative. This can keep us on our current meeting schedule without introducing the need for crowds to gather. This solution is especially important for China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan Work Groups. It is proposed that we keep the current physical meeting schedule for remote meetings. The final decision belongs with each work group.

We have a conferencing solution for up to 100 simultaneous participants. There are no restrictions to using our conference system and holding calls. You do not need permission, a host or moderator. Please feel free to just log in, host your event, and proceed as normal. Every call will be recorded for future review and minutes. Given our activities, our timezones, there is no expectation of overlaps.

Please feel free to share these conference details with other projects that need help. They are welcome to use our infrastructure with no cost or restriction. The only thing we ask is for other projects to contact @shanecoughlan to flag that they want to schedule a time. This will then be communicated to the community-at-large to ensure no overlap. OpenChain calls have priority.

Join the call: https://uberconference.com/openchainproject
This works for video and screen sharing without any installations on Google Chrome.

Optional US dial in number: 855-889-3011
No PIN needed

If you need to use an international phone number:
1. Dial the country number based on your location.
2. Enter 855 889 3011 and then # to enter the room.

Argentina
011 5352-7853

Australia
(02) 8417 2302

Austria
0720 883760

Belgium
02 808 40 28

Brazil
(11) 3500-8339

Bulgaria
02 491 6412

Canada
(647) 694-4842

Colombia
(1) 5087553

Croatia
01 7776 564

Cyprus
25 030290

Czech Republic
228 881 354

Czech Republic
597 499 796

Denmark
69 91 25 10

Dominican Republic
(829) 954-8429

El Salvador
2113 1872

Estonia
668 3205

Finland
09 42450409

France
01 82 88 57 11

Germany
030 30807999

Greece
21 1198 3594

Hong Kong
5808 3219

Hungary
(1) 408 8251

Ireland
(01) 525 5652

Israel
072-223-7397

Italy
06 9480 3196

Japan
03 4578 0172

Latvia
66 163 203

Lithuania
(8-5) 214 0245

Luxembourg
27 86 01 18

Malaysia
03-9212 1770

Malta
2778 0968

Mexico
01 55 4628 2602

Netherlands
020 808 4062

New Zealand
09-887 3488

Norway
23 96 01 42

Panama
833-9020

Peru
(01) 7087243

Poland
22 307 18 02

Portugal
308 802 875

Puerto Rico
(787) 919-0379

Romania
031 630 0092

Singapore
3158 0641

Slovakia
02/334 183 24

Slovenia
(01) 888 82 12

South Africa
087 551 7697

South Korea
02-6022-2388

Spain
911 23 89 04

Sweden
08-408 394 78

Switzerland
022 518 08 35

Taiwan
02 7705 4488

United Kingdom
020 3514 1993

United States
(401) 283-2000

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: @shanecoughlan
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan


Re: [oss-based-compliance-tooling] [openchain] OpenChain - It is time for our Wiki to die

Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>
 

Hi Kubota San!

I am sorry for the delay in my reply. I think you make very important points.

Could we consider following a similar approach to TODO Group?

Shane

On Feb 7, 2020, at 12:50, Norio.Kobota@... wrote:
(2) We complete migration on the 18th (in time for JP Meeting #13)
I think there are not enough time to complete.

There are two ways to create Websites on github.
1. user/organization site
This is represented by <accountName>.github.io like OpenChain-JWG.github.io .
[Pros]
1GB of space is available for each workgroup.
[Cons]
If we select this, we need to get an account and to create a repository for each workgroup.
And administrators of OpenChain-Project repository (Shane and board members?) have to
Manage the links to the repositories for each workgroup.

2. project site
This is represented by <accountName>.github.io/<project-repository> like OpenChain-project.github.io/Japan-WG-General/ .
[Pros]
Easy to move from wiki, I think.
[Cons]
If the material on each project page gets large, there may not be enough space to save it.

Which is convenient for us?
And Github Pages are different format from wikis, we should to re-format each document, I think.

For more details, refer to following site:
https://help.github.com/en/github/working-with-github-pages/about-github-pages#guidelines-for-using-github-pages

Best,
--kobota

-----Original Message-----
From: main@... <main@...> On
Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Subject: [openchain] OpenChain - It is time for our Wiki to die

Dear all

We are constantly having issues with our OpenChain wiki. The most prevalent is
permissions programs but during the last 12 months we have also had
configuration failures and so on. While LF Technical have been pretty good at
helping on a case-by-case basis, with our expanding eco-system and our
growing active contributors, we need a better solution.

Here is my plan:
(1) I will move our wiki content to our Github
(2) We use Github for further editing
(3) We mothball the old wiki

Here is my suggested schedule:
(1) We begin migration this week
(2) We complete migration on the 18th (in time for JP Meeting #13)

Work for you?

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@...
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan









Re: OpenChain @ Linux Foundation Member Summit – 10~12 March 2020

 

Hi Samantha. Very cool! I send a direct message with your governing board code.

All, let’s do this OpenChain dinner, our regular Governing Board dinner but others are welcome too. I had been thinking Monday night but Tuesday also sounds good. What do you think?

Shane

On Feb 14, 2020, at 5:05, Samantha Elliott (samellio) via Lists.Openchainproject.Org <samellio=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Hello Shane,
It is confirmed that I will be dialing in by phone on the 9th and present on the 10th, 11th.
 
Do you have the access code I need to use to Register?  I was attempting to register, given our membership level and did not know how to navigate the system.
 
Maybe some of us can do an ad hoc dinner on Tuesday night, since I will be arriving fairly late on Monday.
 
I look forward to meeting you in person!
Samantha
 
From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:38 AM
To: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Subject: [openchain] OpenChain @ Linux Foundation Member Summit – 10~12 March 2020
 
The OpenChain Project will have a substantial presence at the forthcoming Linux Foundation Member Summit held during the 10th to 12th March 2020 in Lake Tahoe.
Framing OpenChain as an ISO standard
The Road to Conformance: Panel with Arm, Comcast, Google and Uber
Some Cool Talks by Community and Friends
·        And many many more…
See The Full Schedule
·        https://lfms2020.sched.com/
In Other News
The OpenChain Project will host a board meeting on the 9th of March, the day immediately before the Linux Foundation Member Summit. Adjacent to this we may hold a Steering Committee meeting. We have no voting item at this time but it could provide a space for a walk-through of the forthcoming ISO standard. If you have an interest in this being scheduled for 3pm on the 9th please let me know.
 
 
--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@...       
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083                
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan
 



OpenChain and COVID-19 – Update

 

The OpenChain Project will be following the Linux Foundation guidelines on the viral situation. The final decision for holding or cancelling any event will be made by the community in question. Example: if the OpenChain Japan Work Group decides to cancel a meeting, we cancel the meeting. The same holds true worldwide.

Overview:

"The Linux Foundation is continuously monitoring the Novel Coronavirus situation to ensure the safety of our event participants and staff. We will be following all recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as the situation progresses.

Despite the cancellation of MWC Barcelona, many other significant conferences are still occurring and we have no plans to cancel events in general. Note that the WHO is currently advising against the application of any restrictions on international traffic. Based on the information currently available on the outbreak, the CDC is recommending standard safety practices that should be instituted during any flu season, and there are no US Dept of State Travel Advisories for countries other than China with relation to Novel Coronavirus.”

https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/02/13/openchain-and-covid-19-update


Something for the weekend? The OpenChain Interviews: Meet Leon

 

The OpenChain Interviews continue with our first male interviewee, Leon from the law firm GTC! They are an official partner of the OpenChain Project and have wide engagement with user companies across the technology and service industries.

Read the Interview:
https://www.openchainproject.org/openchain-interview-11

Catch Up on All the OpenChain Interviews:
https://www.openchainproject.org/about/leaders


Re: OpenChain @ Linux Foundation Member Summit – 10~12 March 2020

Samantha Elliott (samellio)
 

Hello Shane,

It is confirmed that I will be dialing in by phone on the 9th and present on the 10th, 11th.

 

Do you have the access code I need to use to Register?  I was attempting to register, given our membership level and did not know how to navigate the system.

 

Maybe some of us can do an ad hoc dinner on Tuesday night, since I will be arriving fairly late on Monday.

 

I look forward to meeting you in person!

Samantha

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:38 AM
To: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Subject: [openchain] OpenChain @ Linux Foundation Member Summit – 10~12 March 2020

 

The OpenChain Project will have a substantial presence at the forthcoming Linux Foundation Member Summit held during the 10th to 12th March 2020 in Lake Tahoe.

Framing OpenChain as an ISO standard

·        https://lfms2020.sched.com/event/a8cN/openchain-as-an-iso-standard-codifying-compliance-globally-shane-coughlan-linux-foundation

The Road to Conformance: Panel with Arm, Comcast, Google and Uber

·        https://lfms2020.sched.com/event/a8cc/panel-discussion-the-journey-to-openchain-conformance-sami-atabani-arm-limited-nithya-ruff-comcast-max-sills-google-matt-kuipers-uber

Some Cool Talks by Community and Friends

·        Leveraging Standards in Open Source Software Projects

·        SPDX and Software Bill of Materials: Past, Present, and Future

·        Building a Secure, Efficient Open Source Compliance Supply Chain at Scale

·        More than Just Licenses: Compliance and Conformance for Linux Foundation Projects

·        10 Million Packages Later: Open Source Licensing Clarity Solved at Scal

·        Panel Discussion: A Day in the Life of an OSPO

·        Panel Discussion: Scaling Your OSPO

·        And many many more…

See The Full Schedule

·        https://lfms2020.sched.com/

In Other News

The OpenChain Project will host a board meeting on the 9th of March, the day immediately before the Linux Foundation Member Summit. Adjacent to this we may hold a Steering Committee meeting. We have no voting item at this time but it could provide a space for a walk-through of the forthcoming ISO standard. If you have an interest in this being scheduled for 3pm on the 9th please let me know.

 

 

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@...       
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083                
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan

 


Re: OC personas

Jeremiah C. Foster <jfoster@...>
 

Thank you Jan! Much appreciated! I'll try and provide some feedback and suggestions should I have any. 


Regards,


Jeremiah


From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Jan Thielscher <jan.thielscher@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 4:03:22 AM
To: education@...; main@...
Subject: [openchain] OC personas
 
Hi Jeremiah,

during the tooling group plannings, we already invested some thoughts on „personas“ or „roles“. Probably some of the work might be reused: find here the link: https://github.com/Open-Source-Compliance/Sharing-creates-value/tree/master/User-Stories 

br
Jan

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Von: "Jeremiah C. Foster via Lists.Openchainproject.Org" <jfoster=luxoft.com@...>
Betreff: Aw: [openchain] OpenChain Education Work Group Kickoff
Datum: 11. Februar 2020 um 20:47:20 MEZ
Antwort an: main@...

On Tue, 2020-02-11 at 11:53 +0000, Balakrishna Mukundraj via Lists.Openchainproject.Org wrote:

Dear All,

 

Good day, I would like to inform all the subscribers and volunteers that OpenChain education subgroup is live now.

 

The discussion to bring this group to action was decided during regular Monday calls of openchain project.

 

Kindly subscribe/join to https://lists.openchainproject.org/g/education

 

The core agenda of this group to use trainings available from Linux foundation Courses + Curriculum of Openchain project and adapt those to bring up a openchain compliant OSS trainings for all possible roles.

 

This would also help us all in providing universal training and overview across the corporations on OSS topics.

 

Summary of previous discussions on Monday calls regarding the education:

·        Explore possibilities of mapping the training for individual role perspectives (Topics relevant to: Sales, purchase, developers, management, etc.., respectively)


Perhaps we start with the creation of "personas" for each position? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_(user_experience)

I'd be happy to work on one for a software developer, that's what I'm working on currently.

·        These training contents shall be later shared with LFC coordinators for adaptation of the content in currently available web courses offered by LF


We probably need to understand the licensing and copyright here because the company I work for won't let their copyright be used without attribution and potentially licensing.

·        Later the web-trainings can be purchased from LF and hosted in interested company platforms for the company employees training fulfillment process.


Is the plan for companies and contributors here to create content that LF will sell?

Regards,

Jeremiah

 

Next course of action: can we all decide on a timeline for a first virtual discussion, on points of interest and how we split the training contribution activities?

 

Please share your comments.

 

Thank you.

 

Best regards,

Mukundaraj Balakrishna
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business solutions

Tel. +91 80 6657-5938





This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.




This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.


Request for Comments: One Slide Summary of Where OpenChain Fits in Workflows

 

Dear all

Fukuchi San from Sony has provided us with a draft outlining where the various sections of the OpenChain Specification fit into company process workflows. This is building on a document that was previously available for OpenChain Specification 1.2. The goal is to provide a quick framing of our industry standard for organizations considering adoption, considering conformance, or managing these activities.
https://www.slideshare.net/ShaneCoughlan3/request-for-comments-one-slide-summary-of-where-openchain-fits-in-workflows

We would like to collect feedback on this document as it is likely to disseminate widely throughout our community in various languages over time. Email me (@shanecoughlan) or any of our mailing lists to provide comments and suggestions.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: @shanecoughlan
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan