Date
OpenChain in Q2 - Continuing Leadership, Continuing Support

The global lockdown due to the spread of COVID-19 is a unique historical moment. We are seeing both great success and great challenges in addressing this disease, and at all times there is an awareness that it can impact our close friends and families. To a large extent the OpenChain community is fortunate. Many of our companies allow us to work from home. Many of us are near excellent health services. We are well-positioned to weather this storm.

That said, COVID-19 has disrupted all of our supply chains and it has created a situation where face-to-face meetings have been completely supplemented by remote services. Different companies are at different stages in using such systems and we inevitably face a combination of adjusted priorities and delays in this situation. Open source license compliance is just one component among thousands as we collectively try to maintain services and to bring products to market in a changed world.

During Q1 our community has continued to function effectively. We launched our German Work Group. Our Asian work groups (China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and India) either proceeded entirely remotely or deferred certain activities while continuing core work remotely. Our global automotive and reference tooling work groups continue to bring people together and - in the case of tooling - edge ever closer to describing fully-formed methods for companies to deploy open source tooling for open source compliance automation. Most importantly, our work in bringing OpenChain through the ISO process has continued, and we remain on track for deployment as an official ISO standard in 1H 2020.

Looking forward I would highlight three activities that can help drive us forward and address immediate market requirements.

(1) We keep pushing our ISO work. This will be a critical development for assisting sales and procurement departments in their understanding, adoption and deployment of our industry standard.

(2) We work to bridge the physical divide that our community faces due to the pandemic. To make this happen I am going to pivot our bi-weekly calls. With less emphasis on editing our standard (the forthcoming ISO version is fully baked) and our reference material largely produced via local work teams, there is an opportunity to launch an on-going series of webinars to provide access to people and knowledge that we would otherwise obtain at events. The timing schedule remains the same (first Monday, third Monday). Full announcement later today.

(3) We seek to address the growing market demand for clarity on automation via our Reference Tooling Work Group. Today I am putting out a request to our tooling work group to accelerate activity around one or more turn-key reference implementations of open source tooling for open source compliance. I believe this will provide both the opportunity to guide more companies onto automation in compliance and - just as importantly - it will provide a clear understanding of gaps in existing tools. The latter point will allow us to provide “shopping lists” to activities like ACT, which is a funding umbrella for a growing number of open source tooling projects.

You fit into every part of this.

Join our webinars as part of the audience or as presenters. Ask questions and provide answers. Bridge the knowledge gaps that we all benefit from closing.

Participate in our local work groups (virtually for now), helping to create reference material in multiple languages that takes companies forward in their desire to deploy the key requirements of quality open source compliance programs.

Take part in our global work groups (reference tooling, automotive, education) and help to tie together whole-sector understanding and responses.

You can get started right away.
https://www.openchainproject.org/about/contact

Over the last 34 months we have redefined how open source compliance is approached. We have built an industry standard that is seeing accelerating adoption. We have produced over 400 documents of reference material to support this standard. Our educational material has become a new baseline for how companies approach the training of their staff. Above all, as a virtual-first community, we are positioned to provide a pillar that visibly, effectively guides the global expanse of companies adopting, developing and deploying open source in products and services.

OpenChain is an ambitious project that has experienced exceptional success in defining what constitutes a quality open source compliance program. We are equally successful in fostering exceptional local and global communities that redefine how organizations collaborate on shared solutions. In our space, and in the wider open source community, there has never been a better time to help reduce friction and help people work together.

Let’s take this forward.

OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group - Next Meeting April 8th at 9am UTC+2

OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group - Next Meeting April 8th at 9am UTC+2
This meeting will be held in English.

Proposed Agenda
1. Continue on best practices for container compliance

Join The Call:

Circuit Desktop App or mobile app:
circuit://circuit.siemens.com/guest?token=fbb05519-298c-491e-9aa0-461cc468a867

Circuit web client or mobile app:
https://circuit.siemens.com/guest?token=fbb05519-298c-491e-9aa0-461cc468a867

To enjoy the best possible experience while working with Circuit on your desktop computer, try Circuit Desktop App, Chrome or Firefox.

To participate in a voice-only conference, dial one of the below numbers and enter this code: 6784 3507 96 #
Your microphone will be muted. Press *3 to unmute it.

Frequently used dial-in numbers:

Canada (English): +19292704096
tel:+19292704096,,6784350796#
China, Peoples Republic (中文): 4008198763
tel:4008198763,,6784350796#
Germany (Deutsch): +498923128020
tel:+498923128020,,6784350796#
Spain (Español): +34912158038
tel:+34912158038,,6784350796#
United Kingdom (English): +442076606076
tel:+442076606076,,6784350796#
United States (English): +19292704096
tel:+19292704096,,6784350796#

All dial-in numbers:

Argentina (Español): +541159842552
tel:+541159842552,,6784350796#
Australia (English): +61282784325
tel:+61282784325,,6784350796#
Austria (Deutsch): +4313602774621
tel:+4313602774621,,6784350796#
Belgium (English): +3226200317
tel:+3226200317,,6784350796#
Brazil (English): +551138788268
tel:+551138788268,,6784350796#
Bulgaria (English): +35929358238
tel:+35929358238,,6784350796#
Canada (Français): +18887768707
tel:+18887768707,,6784350796#
Canada (English): +18887768708
tel:+18887768708,,6784350796#
Canada (English): +19292704096
tel:+19292704096,,6784350796#
Canada (Français): +15148412132
tel:+15148412132,,6784350796#
Chile (Español): +56226188362
tel:+56226188362,,6784350796#
China, Peoples Republic (中文): 4008198763
tel:4008198763,,6784350796#
Colombia (Español): +5714864866
tel:+5714864866,,6784350796#
Costa Rica (Español): +50625397362
tel:+50625397362,,6784350796#
Croatia (English): +38517776197
tel:+38517776197,,6784350796#
Czech Republic (English): +420225382900
tel:+420225382900,,6784350796#
Denmark (English): +4535158116
tel:+4535158116,,6784350796#
Dominican Republic (Español): +18299566315
tel:+18299566315,,6784350796#
Ecuador (Español): +1800000742
tel:+1800000742,,6784350796#
El Salvador (Español): +50321367565
tel:+50321367565,,6784350796#
Estonia (English): +3726868885
tel:+3726868885,,6784350796#
Finland (English): +358981710072
tel:+358981710072,,6784350796#
France (Français): +33185148486
tel:+33185148486,,6784350796#
Germany (Deutsch): +498923128020
tel:+498923128020,,6784350796#
Greece (English): +302111809487
tel:+302111809487,,6784350796#
Guatemala (Español): +50223661200
tel:+50223661200,,6784350796#
Hungary (English): +3614292267
tel:+3614292267,,6784350796#
Indonesia (English): +622150851722
tel:+622150851722,,6784350796#
Ireland (English): +35315339866
tel:+35315339866,,6784350796#
Israel (English): +97237207564
tel:+97237207564,,6784350796#
Italy (Italiano): +390699748020
tel:+390699748020,,6784350796#
Japan (English): +81366344738
tel:+81366344738,,6784350796#
Kazakhstan (English): +77273122918
tel:+77273122918,,6784350796#
Korea South (English): +82264108576
tel:+82264108576,,6784350796#
Latvia (English): +37166163137
tel:+37166163137,,6784350796#
Lithuania (English): +37052141723
tel:+37052141723,,6784350796#
Luxembourg (Français): +35227300013
tel:+35227300013,,6784350796#
Malaysia (English): +60320535108
tel:+60320535108,,6784350796#
Mexico (Español): +525550912420
tel:+525550912420,,6784350796#
Morocco (English): +212520480311
tel:+212520480311,,6784350796#
Netherlands (English): +31207219093
tel:+31207219093,,6784350796#
Norway (English): +4723500290
tel:+4723500290,,6784350796#
Oman (English): +96880074490
tel:+96880074490,,6784350796#
Oman (English): 80074490
tel:80074490,,6784350796#
Pakistan (English): +92518108858
tel:+92518108858,,6784350796#
Peru (Español): +5117087113
tel:+5117087113,,6784350796#
Philippines (English): +63283953534
tel:+63283953534,,6784350796#
Poland (English): +48225048376
tel:+48225048376,,6784350796#
Portugal (English): +351210608117
tel:+351210608117,,6784350796#
Romania (English): +40311305020
tel:+40311305020,,6784350796#
Russian Federation (Русский): +73433511796
tel:+73433511796,,6784350796#
Russian Federation (Русский): +74232492964
tel:+74232492964,,6784350796#
Russian Federation (Русский): +74957459864
tel:+74957459864,,6784350796#
Russian Federation (Русский): +78127186937
tel:+78127186937,,6784350796#
Singapore (English): +6563131571
tel:+6563131571,,6784350796#
Slovakia (English): +421250112159
tel:+421250112159,,6784350796#
Slovenia (English): +38616002736
tel:+38616002736,,6784350796#
South Africa (English): +27118446101
tel:+27118446101,,6784350796#
Spain (Español): +34912158038
tel:+34912158038,,6784350796#
Sweden (English): +46851992037
tel:+46851992037,,6784350796#
Switzerland (English): +41225675325
tel:+41225675325,,6784350796#
Thailand (English): +6621040793
tel:+6621040793,,6784350796#
Turkey (English): +902123755830
tel:+902123755830,,6784350796#
United Arab Emirates (English): 800035704335
tel:800035704335,,6784350796#
United Kingdom (English): +442076606076
tel:+442076606076,,6784350796#
United States (English): +19292704096
tel:+19292704096,,6784350796#
Uruguay (Español): +59829028657
tel:+59829028657,,6784350796#
Venezuela (Español): +582123358895
tel:+582123358895,,6784350796#
Vietnam (English): +842844581451
tel:+842844581451,,6784350796#

OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group – Minutes of the March 25th Meeting

OpenChain Reference Tooling Work Group – Minutes of the March 25th Meeting + Slide Decks. The 12th meeting of our global work group explored containers, sw360 and more.
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/03/31/openchain-reference-tooling-work-group-minutes-of-the-march-25th-meeting

Re: OpenChain Zoom room tested - complete success

Thank you JongBaek! I believe we may have solved our remote working challenge :)

On Mar 31, 2020, at 16:54, Jongbaek Park (BKL) <jb.park@...> wrote:

I am sorry that I could not have joined you on Zoom conference due to unexpected matter to attend to.
Zoom seems very nice to use and it’s use is explosively being expanded.
I also hope we could be connected with each other more easily and often thanks to this service.
Best regards,
Jongbaek

Datum: 2020-03-25T14:00:38+0100
Von: "FAURE Tristan" <tristan.faure@...>

Hello
Mine is TristanFAURE

<image001.png>

Tristan FAURE
Software Engineering Deployment Responsible
Support E2 :
DSP-FR-CCSL-E2@... ou
https://thales.citadel.team/#/room/#dsp-ccsl-e2:thales.citadel.team
<image002.png>
Tel.: +33 (0)5 34 353326
THALES ALENIA SPACE FRANCE SAS
26 avenue J.F. Champollion
BP 33787_31037 Toulouse Cedex 1

DSP-CCSS-F

[@@ THALES ALENIA SPACE INTERNAL @@]

Datum: 2020-03-25T14:00:38+0100

Von: "FAURE Tristan" <tristan.faure@...>

An: "main@..." <main@...>

Hello

Mine is TristanFAURE

www.thalesgroup.com

--
Benjamin Jean
 +33.7.83.16.46.14
CEO | http://inno3.fr | http://openbydesign.io | http://eolevent.eu/
Président | http://openlaw.fr

OpenChain Zoom room tested - complete success

We connected China, Japan, Germany and Switzerland with video, no issues detected. Check out our discussion here:

What is coming next?

(1) guidance will be provided to help all our international groups use the room at any time

(2) we will transition our online meetings to this service moving forward

(3) our new video capabilities allow us to connect 100 people with video, screen sharing and recording...leading to the ability to host webinars for our community

Watch this space.

Re: OpenChain Test - OpenChain Chat

Fantastic!

On Mar 30, 2020, at 16:07, Gilles Gravier via Lists.Openchainproject.Org <gilles.gravier=wipro.com@...> wrote:

While not technically "Japan" I'll try to join!

Regards,
<Outlook-5plwgis2.gif>

Gilles Gravier
Director, Senior Advisor