Sorry to hear that, McCoy... I've reached out to the CommunityBridge maintainers to ask them to look into this and figure out what's going on. Will let you know what I hear back.

Best,
Steve

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 11:02 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
Looping our SPDX friends into the thread so they can check this out.

:O

On Jul 31, 2020, at 23:25, McCoy Smith <mccoy@...> wrote:

Not sure who to alert on this, but I’ve tried to donate, and I keep getting rejected.  It won’t accept any credit card of mine. “Failed to Create Credit Card” is the error message I get (both for AmEx & Visa cards).

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 4:58 PM
To: OpenChain Main <main@...>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>
Subject: [openchain] [spdx] Funding for Hosting On-Line SPDX Tools

For those with an interest in tooling and SPDX :)

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Phil Odence" <phil.odence@...>

Subject: [spdx] Funding for Hosting On-Line SPDX Tools

Date: July 29, 2020 3:18:03 JST

The SPDX Work Group needs your help to host on-line tools.

As you may know, SPDX runs on shoestring with support from the Linux Foundation but no corporate contributions. There are benefits to the independence this arrangement, but it means we rely on individual contributions to cover modest expenses we do take on. One of those regular expenses is for cloud services to host our wonderful set of on-line tools.

We spend $1200/year on hosting. We’d like to line up enough funding to backfill for this year and to build a balance of “money in the bank” to ensure continuity next year. So the goal is $2400 total. As of this writing we are approaching half way there.

Please make a contribution of any size through the Linux Foundation CommunityBridge at:

BIG THANKS in advance!

Phil

L. Philip Odence

General Manager, Black Duck Audit Business

Synopsys Software Integrity Group, Burlington, MA

M (781) 258-9502 | phil.odence@...

<image001.png>

--
Steve Winslow
Director of Strategic Programs

Re: [spdx] Funding for Hosting On-Line SPDX Tools

From: "Phil Odence" <phil.odence@...>

Date: July 29, 2020 3:18:03 JST

[...]

SIG-emailsig-2020

signature_475269920   signature_224475140   signature_97575969   signature_128435618

OpenChain Sponsors COSCUP Again – Local Team Doing Awesome Talk As Well

The OpenChain Project is once again sponsoring the COSCUP conference in Taiwan, an event that provides a unique opportunity to connect with individuals at the heart of one of the most innovative locations for information technology. Even more importantly, our OpenChain Taiwan Work Group founders, SZ Lin and Lucien Lin, will be delivering a talk on the first day of the event, August 1st!
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/07/30/openchain-sponsors-coscup-again-local-team-doing-awesome-talk-as-well

Bitsea is the Latest OpenChain Partner

Bitsea, a company helping customers to analyse, assess, and optimize Software Development processes, has joined the OpenChain Partner program. This marks another significant expansion of the OpenChain ecosystem into the German software industry, and provides another milestone in our preparation to support our growth as a formal International Standard in Q4.
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/07/30/bitsea-is-the-latest-openchain-partner

From: "Phil Odence" <phil.odence@...>
Date: July 29, 2020 3:18:03 JST

[...]

OpenChain Specification Work Team - Fourth Monday Call - Mon, 2020-07-27 5:00pm-6:00pm #cal-reminder

main@lists.openchainproject.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: OpenChain Specification Work Team - Fourth Monday Call

When: Monday, 27 July 2020, 5:00pm to 6:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Zoom

View Event

Organizer: Shane Coughlan scoughlan@...

Join Zoom Meeting ( https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09 )

Meeting ID: 999 012 0120
Password: 123456

OpenChain Specification Work Team - Fourth Monday Call - Mon, 2020-07-27 5:00pm-6:00pm #cal-reminder

main@lists.openchainproject.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: OpenChain Specification Work Team - Fourth Monday Call

When: Monday, 27 July 2020, 5:00pm to 6:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Zoom

View Event

Organizer: Shane Coughlan scoughlan@...

Join Zoom Meeting ( https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09 )

Meeting ID: 999 012 0120
Password: 123456

Shane is away from keyboard 22-24

Greetings all!

Japan has a holiday period from 23-24. I will also be taking the 22nd off. You can always reach me via +818040358083 for anything urgent and by email for anything to be processed on my return.

Re: OpenChain and Procurement Departments

Thanks Alex!

On Jul 21, 2020, at 22:08, Alexandra Boehm <aleksa.boehm@...> wrote:

the news post is updated, I added the onedrive and the github link.

Alex

On 21. Jul 2020, at 12:01, Shane Coughlan <@shanecoughlan> wrote:

The document has now been updated.

Online version here:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnj3mJzXKed3YobEV5

Attached also for reference.

On Jul 21, 2020, at 18:30, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
Absolutely! Thank you Marcel.

On Jul 21, 2020, at 18:17, Marcel (PwC DE) via lists.openchainproject.org <marcel.scholze=pwc.com@...> wrote:

Hello Shane,

Please see the attached version which I found in my files from the end of April.
These tracked changes had been incorporated but seem to be missing in the file you just shared. Can you please incorporate them again. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Marcel

Marcel Scholze (DE)
PwC | Director | Open Source Software Services & IT-Sourcing
Phone: +49 69 95851746 | Mobile: +49 151 161 57 049
Email: marcel.scholze@...
PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 35-37 | 60327 | Frankfurt a. M. | Germany
www.pwc.com/de

Follow PwC on Twitter: @PwC_Germany
Follow me on LinkedIn

Find out about Open Source Software Management & Compliance: https://www.pwc.de/opensource

Hier haben wir zusammengestellt, wie wir bei den Herausforderungen von COVID-19 agieren, u.a. durch flexibles Arbeiten. Wir stehen dafür ein, unsere Kunden auch unter besonderen Umständen bestmöglich zu betreuen.
Discover our digital solutions: https://store.pwc.de/

Be inspired by PwC next: Das Magazin für Vorausdenker

PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates:
WP StB Dr. Norbert Vogelpoth

Geschäftsführer
WP StB Dr. Ulrich Störk, WP StB Dr. Peter Bartels, Dr. Joachim Englert, WP StB Petra Justenhoven, WP Clemens Koch, StB Marius Möller, WP StB Uwe Rittmann, StB RA Klaus Schmidt, StB CPA Mark Smith

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 107858

PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft ist Mitglied von PricewaterhouseCoopers International, einer Company limited by guarantee registriert in England und Wales

Datenschutz: Hinweise zur Datenverarbeitung bei PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH WPG finden Sie unter Datenschutzhinweise PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH WPG

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 11:03, Shane Coughlan <@shanecoughlan> wrote:
We could recover an April version of the document from GitHub:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/tree/master/Guides/Official/OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments

I have taken that document and incorporated the feedback I could find in emails. If you could take a moment to review the OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments-Beta2 to provide feedback it would be super. Attached for reference though edits preferred here:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnj3mJzXKed3YobEV5
(Yes, I will be backing this up offline frequently)

My apologies everyone for this interruption to our workflow and contribution process.

PS: Alex, can you go back to the historic news post on OpenChain in Procurement and change the (old, dead) link to:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/tree/master/Guides/Official/OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments ?

On Jul 21, 2020, at 13:18, Shane Coughlan <@shanecoughlan> wrote:

Hi all

I have bad news I am afraid :(
Someone hacked and deleted our procurement document on OneDrive by using the edit privileges. There is no sign of the document in the Recycle Bin or history.

Unless someone happens to have an offline copy we will have to start again. The document name contained “OpenChain†“Procurement†and “Beta1"

This is obviously not what we want to see happen under any circumstances. I will be ensuring we have offline backups moving forward.

On Apr 10, 2020, at 13:58, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:

Hi all!

I have started a blue-sky document to contextualize and explain OpenChain for procurement departments, something that will become increasingly possible throughout this year, especially after we become a formal ISO standard. Can you put some eyes on and provide suggestions for improvement?
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnjjqFOGRBo3LjvkSj
This is on Microsoft OneDrive to ensure friends all over the world, including in China, have easy online edit access.

Diese Information ist ausschliesslich fuer den Adressaten bestimmt und kann vertrauliche oder gesetzlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemaesse Adressat sind, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Anderen als dem bestimmungsgemaessen Adressaten ist es untersagt, diese E-Mail zu lesen, zu speichern, weiterzuleiten oder ihren Inhalt auf welche Weise auch immer zu verwenden. Wir verwenden aktuelle Virenschutzprogramme. Fuer Schaeden, die dem Empfaenger gleichwohl durch von uns zugesandte mit Viren befallene E-Mails entstehen, schliessen wir jede Haftung aus.
* * * * *
The information contained in this email is intended only for its addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading, saving, distribution or use of the content of this email in any way is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email. We use updated antivirus protection software. We do not accept any responsibility for damages caused anyhow by viruses transmitted via email.
<OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments-Beta1_EDIT PwC.docx>

<OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments-Beta3.docx>

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 11:03, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
> [...]

* * * * *
The information contained in this email is intended only for its addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading, saving, distribution or use of the content of this email in any way is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email. We use updated antivirus protection software. We do not accept any responsibility for damages caused anyhow by viruses transmitted via email.
<OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments-Beta1_EDIT PwC.docx>

Re: OpenChain and Procurement Departments

Marcel (PwC DE)

> [...]

This is obviously not what we want to see happen under any circumstances. I will be ensuring we have offline backups moving forward.

On Apr 10, 2020, at 13:58, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:

Hi all!

I have started a blue-sky document to contextualize and explain OpenChain for procurement departments, something that will become increasingly possible throughout this year, especially after we become a formal ISO standard. Can you put some eyes on and provide suggestions for improvement?
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnjjqFOGRBo3LjvkSj
This is on Microsoft OneDrive to ensure friends all over the world, including in China, have easy online edit access.

Our Japanese language series continues: FOSSology の新しいOSSライセンススキャン 「Atarashi」 調査

Our Japanese language series continues this week with an article on the Atarashi search agent for FOSSology. Atarashi is interesting because it uses multiple text statistics and information retrieval algorithms rather than rule-based approaches.
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/07/20/%e3%82%88%e3%81%86%e3%81%93%e3%81%9dopenchain-japan-wg%e3%81%b8%ef%bc%81-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2
You can check out an overview of Atarashi in English here:
https://github.com/fossology/atarashi

OpenChain Webinar #8: Compliance @ GitLab – Full Recording

We took a look at how GitLab addresses compliance for this webinar. Mo Khan, Senior Backend Engineer, explained the approach offered to users and why it is effective. One of the most interesting things we explored is how it all works with CI/CD, a hot topic in the OpenChain community and beyond.
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/07/20/openchain-webinar-8-compliance-gitlab-full-recording

[...]

Compliance @ GitLab - Live right now

Reminder: we are doing a live Webinar on Compliance @ GitLab. Hop on and join the Q&A right now: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09

OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar - Mon, 2020-07-20 #cal-notice

main@lists.openchainproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar

When:
Monday, 20 July 2020
5:00pm to 6:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09

Organizer:
scoughlan@... 00818040358083

This is part of the bi-weekly OpenChain Webinar series. Every two weeks we have international speakers covering a wide range of topics related to practical open source compliance challenges, solutions and considerations. You can learn more about this series here: https://www.openchainproject.org/webinars-interviews

Join Our Zoom Meeting

Password

  • 123456

One Tap Telephone (no screensharing)

  • +358 9 4245 1488,,9990120120# Finland
  • +33 7 5678 4048,,9990120120# France
  • +49 69 7104 9922,,9990120120# Germany
  • +852 5808 6088,,9990120120# Hong Kong
  • +39 069 480 6488,,9990120120# Italy
  • +353 6 163 9031,,9990120120# Ireland
  • +81 524 564 439,,9990120120# Japan
  • +82 2 6105 4111,,9990120120# Korea
  • +34 917 873 431,,9990120120# Spain
  • +46 850 539 728,,9990120120# Sweden
  • +41 43 210 71 08,,9990120120# Switzerland
  • +44 330 088 5830,,9990120120# UK
  • +16699006833,,9990120120# US (San Jose)
  • +12532158782,,9990120120# US

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abeUqy3kYQ
Not all countries have available numbers.

After dialing the local number enter 9990120120#

OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar - Mon, 2020-07-20 5:00pm-6:00pm #cal-reminder

main@lists.openchainproject.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar

When: Monday, 20 July 2020, 5:00pm to 6:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09

View Event

Organizer: Shane Coughlan scoughlan@... 00818040358083

Description: This is part of the bi-weekly OpenChain Webinar series. Every two weeks we have international speakers covering a wide range of topics related to practical open source compliance challenges, solutions and considerations. You can learn more about this series here: https://www.openchainproject.org/webinars-interviews