Great work everyone!
Congratulations from India WG!!

Gurbir.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 7:17 AM, BIJU
<bijuailian@...> wrote:
Great news and congratulations Shane.

On Thu, 19 Nov, 2020, 2:41 PM Shane Coughlan, <scoughlan@...> wrote:
OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html

PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is IS (International Standard).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Organization_for_Standardization

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish is all that remains.

Watch this space.

Re: ISO publication imminent

BIJU

Great news and congratulations Shane.

On Thu, 19 Nov, 2020, 2:41 PM Shane Coughlan, <scoughlan@...> wrote:
OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html

PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is IS (International Standard).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Organization_for_Standardization

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish is all that remains.

Watch this space.

Re: Antwort: [openchain] ISO publication imminent

Amanda Brock

Congratulation from myself and everyone at OpenUK.

We are working with Andrew on a case study for Dito (develop in the open) which I understand will be the first project rather than organisation in OpenChain and look forward to sharing it with you.

Amanda

Amanda Brock
European Representative
Open Invention Network
+447718516954

On 19 Nov 2020, at 10:44, Stefan Thanheiser <stefan.thanheiser@...> wrote:

Absolutely wonderful!
Restospectively a not-so-small step for the project - but a much larger step for the OSS compliance community!

And maybe there's more on the road ahead.
Do you think there would be an audience for the project giving some guidance on applying "our" new ISO standard in addition to the ISO 19770 (the standard for IT asset management - and thus also for Software Asset Management)?

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan Thanheiser

Fiducia & GAD IT AG
---
Servicefeld Qualität IT-Sicherheit Einkauf,
Tribe Einkauf,
Chapter Software Asset & Lizenzmanagement
---
Telefon +49 721 4004-1860
Mobil +49 170 3304133
E-Mail stefan.thanheiser@...

Fiducia & GAD IT AG | www.fiduciagad.de
AG Frankfurt a. M. HRB 102381 | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt a. M. | USt-IdNr. DE 143582320
Vorstand: Martin Beyer (Vorstandssprecher), Daniela Bücker, Ulrich Coenen, Birgit Frohnhoff, Jörg Staff, Ralf Teufel
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Brinkmann

<graycol.gif>"Shane Coughlan" ---19.11.2020 10:12:06---OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as: ISO/IEC PRF 5230

Von: "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@...>
An: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Datum: 19.11.2020 10:12
Betreff: [openchain] ISO publication imminent
Gesendet von: main@...

OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html

PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is IS (International Standard).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Organization_for_Standardization

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish is all that remains.

Watch this space.

Re: ISO publication imminent

Henrik Sandklef

Thumbs up

/h

On 2020-11-19 10:20, Catharina Maracke wrote:
Yay!!

Software Compliance Academy

Rechtsanwältin Dr. Catharina Maracke
Int. Mobile: +49-171-1764828
cmaracke@scompliance.com <mailto:cmaracke@scompliance.com>
www.scompliance.com <https://www.scompliance.com/home.html>

On 19. Nov 2020, at 10:11, Shane Coughlan
<scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org <mailto:scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org>>
wrote:

OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html

PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is
IS (International Standard).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Organization_for_Standardization

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish
is all that remains.

Watch this space.

Re: ISO publication imminent

Hi Jan

I am not sure. I need them to hit publish so we get the final page and number.

Shane

On Nov 19, 2020, at 18:21, Jan Thielscher <jan.thielscher@eacg.de> wrote:

Hi Shane,

am I right to assume that even if PRF will change to IS that the 5230 will remain? It seems so short compared to older norms like 27001… Obviously their structure is not just derived by counting? Does it follow any segmentation?

Mit freundlichem Gruß / kind regards
Jan Thielscher

Von: "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@...>
An: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Datum: 19.11.2020 10:12
Gesendet von: main@...

OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html

PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is IS (International Standard).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Organization_for_Standardization

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish is all that remains.

Watch this space.

Re: ISO publication imminent

Matija Šuklje

Die 19. 11. 20 et hora 10:11 Shane Coughlan scripsit:
OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html
Pop the champagne! :D

Congratulations to all involved, this has been an incredible journey. When
Dave mentioned he wanted to have OpenChain as an ISO standard several years
ago, that sounded very extremely optimistic …yet here we are!

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm: tel:+386.41.849.552
www: https://matija.suklje.name

Re: ISO publication imminent

Gilles Gravier

Yeah!

Congratulations to the OpenChain team! Well done! And really good that the ISO standard remains accessible to all!

Director, Senior Advisor
Open Source - Blockchain
From: main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org>
Date: Thursday, 19 November 2020 at 09:12
To: OpenChain Main <main@lists.openchainproject.org>

Email: Andrew.Katz@moorcrofts.com

[...]

Shurjeel Tousif

Super!!

Moorcrofts LLP | Thames House, Mere Park, Marlow | SL7 1PB, Bucks, GB
Excellence

Registered in England & Wales OC 311818 Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please let us know. we store email addresses and the names of addressees to assist with future correspondence. Please be aware of the increase in fraud and cyber crime. any email that appears to come from Moorcrofts LLP which provides different bank details or indicates a change of our bank details is unlikely to be genuine. You should not act on any information contained in the email or reply to it. Instead please contact us immediately to check our account details '. If the disclaimer can't be applied, attach the message to a new disclaimer message.

Moorcrofts LLP

[...]

ISO publication imminent

OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html

PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is IS (International Standard).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Organization_for_Standardization

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish is all that remains.

Watch this space.

OpenChain Education Work Group – Third Monday November 2020 – Full Recording

The full recording of our recent Education Work Group meeting is now available. Big news this time around as we lock down collaboration with LF Training to make a free online course (we get their stuff as CC-0!), how we will work, and our target release dates.
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/11/19/openchain-education-work-group-3

Re: Second OpenChain UK Work Group Meeting Announced - September 30 from 2pm UK Time

Andrew Katz

Excellent!

From: main@... <main@...>
Date: Tuesday, 17 November 2020 at 15:52
To: main@... <main@...>
Cc: OpenChain Germany <germany-wg@...>, OpenChain UK <uk-wg@...>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Second OpenChain UK Work Group Meeting Announced - September 30 from 2pm UK Time

Ha! Happens. 🙂 At least on the 3rd,  I can join. Count me in!

Director, Senior Advisor

Open Source - Blockchain

M: +41 794728437

in/gillesgravier  @gravax

** This mail has been sent from an external source. Treat hyperlinks and attachments in this email with caution**

Hi Gilles

My apologies - it’s definitely the 3rd. I’m not sure what happened here but I will correct it ASAP

Best

Andrew

Andrew Katz

+44 7970 835001

I'm emailing from my smartphone, so please excuse terseness!

On 17 Nov 2020, at 3:35 pm, Gilles Gravier via lists.openchainproject.org <gilles.gravier=wipro.com@...> wrote:

Here is the culprit screen:

<Screenshot 2020-11-17 16.31.28.png>

Regards,