Date

Lee Tsai & Partners is the Latest OpenChain Partner

The OpenChain Project is delighted to welcome Lee Tsai & Partners to our partner program as the first law firm in Taiwan.
“We have seen open source software become a critical part of technological innovation,” says Jaclyn Tsai, Co-Founder of Lee Tsai & Partners. “Whether an enterprise can effectively use open source software will become a crucial factor in keeping pace with current trends. The first step in ensuring proper use of open source software is assuring that appropriate controls are in place to ensure that license terms and obligations may be complied with. We are excited and pleased to be an official partner of OpenChain to help companies understand the requirements under the Internal Standard for Open Source Compliance and their legal obligations in using open-source software.”
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/11/25/lee-tsai-partners-is-the-latest-openchain-partner

OpenChain Global Work Team Fourth Monday Call – November 2020 – Full Recording

As usual, you can catch up with a full recording of our OpenChain Global Work Team Call (fourth Monday) right here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/11/24/openchain-global-work-team-fourth-monday-call-november-2020-full-recording
Focus was the format of our ISO/IEC International Standard, how OpenChain 2.1 uses precisely the same formatting, and our online self-certification questionnaire for OpenChain 2.1.

OpenChain Global Work Teams - Fourth Monday Call - Mon, 2020-11-23 5:00pm-6:00pm #cal-reminder

main@lists.openchainproject.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: OpenChain Global Work Teams - Fourth Monday Call

When: Monday, 23 November 2020, 5:00pm to 6:00pm, (GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Zoom - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09

View Event

Organizer: Shane Coughlan scoughlan@...

Join Zoom Meeting ( https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09 )
Meeting ID: 999 012 0120
Password: 123456

Reminder: global work team call - 5pm Pacific

Dear all

We will be having our global work teams call at 5pm Pacific today (Monday). On this call we will be covering developments around the project, and we will have a special focus on the pending ISO release. Learn details and ask any questions.

Join Zoom Meeting ( https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09 )

Meeting ID: 999 012 0120
Password: 123456

Shane

회신: [openchain] ISO publication imminent

Jongbaek Park (BKL)

Congraulations! Great job! Thank you for all your efforts and hard work.
Jongbaek

Von: "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org>
An: OpenChain Main <main@lists.openchainproject.org>
Datum: 19.11.2020 10:12
Betreff: [openchain] ISO publication imminent
Gesendet von: main@lists.openchainproject.org

OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html

PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is IS (International Standard).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Organization_for_Standardization

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish is all that remains.

Watch this space.

Re: ISO publication imminent

Prasad Iyer

Excellent News. Thanks Shane for sharing this. Well done, everyone.

signature_126515226

Prasad Iyer

Director, Engineering - Product Operations

Email : prasadiy@...

Phone: +1 (408) 315-5101

DNS

On 11/19/20, 1:12 AM, "main@... on behalf of Shane Coughlan" <main@... on behalf of scoughlan@...> wrote:

    OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:

    ISO/IEC PRF 5230

    https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html

    PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is IS (International Standard).

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Organization_for_Standardization

    In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish is all that remains.

    Watch this space.

Re: Antwort: [openchain] ISO publication imminent

Looking forward to this case study!

On Nov 19, 2020, at 20:12, Amanda Brock <abrock@openinventionnetwork.com> wrote:

Congratulation from myself and everyone at OpenUK.

We are working with Andrew on a case study for Dito (develop in the open) which I understand will be the first project rather than organisation in OpenChain and look forward to sharing it with you.

Amanda

Amanda Brock
European Representative
Open Invention Network
+447718516954

On 19 Nov 2020, at 10:44, Stefan Thanheiser <stefan.thanheiser@fiduciagad.de> wrote:

Absolutely wonderful!
Restospectively a not-so-small step for the project - but a much larger step for the OSS compliance community!

And maybe there's more on the road ahead.
Do you think there would be an audience for the project giving some guidance on applying "our" new ISO standard in addition to the ISO 19770 (the standard for IT asset management - and thus also for Software Asset Management)?

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan Thanheiser

Fiducia & GAD IT AG
---

Von: "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org>
An: OpenChain Main <main@lists.openchainproject.org>
Datum: 19.11.2020 10:12
Gesendet von: main@lists.openchainproject.org

OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html

PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is IS (International Standard).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Organization_for_Standardization

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish is all that remains.

Watch this space.

Re: ISO publication imminent

I concur!

Dave is very generous and it was a group effort, but he deserves special thanks for having the vision and getting it started!

From: main@lists.openchainproject.org
<main@lists.openchainproject.org> on behalf of Andrew Katz via
lists.openchainproject.org
<andrew.katz=moorcrofts.com@lists.openchainproject.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 10:14:39 AM
To: main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org>

Excellent news! Well done everyone!

From: main@lists.openchainproject.org
<main@lists.openchainproject.org>
Date: Thursday, 19 November 2020 at 09:12
To: OpenChain Main <main@lists.openchainproject.org>
Subject: [openchain] ISO publication imminent

OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://gbr01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
so.org%2Fstandard%2F81039.html&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C9e7a8323fff9
4c637e2308d88c6b2b06%7C5a14c3e63ae74ac1bcd92f1bcafd61dc%7C0%7C0
%7C637413739204491460%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLj
AwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&am
p;sdata=X2YmTT7MqjwC3ILPAbgvWZpg8aJ%2FpxOHU4PIbeSfZzo%3D&amp
;reserved=0

PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is
IS (International Standard).
https://gbr01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.w
ik
ipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FInternational_Organization_for_Standardization&amp
;d
ata=04%7C01%7C%7C9e7a8323fff94c637e2308d88c6b2b06%7C5a14c3e63ae7
4ac1bcd92f1bcafd61dc%7C0%7C0%7C637413739204501421%7CUnknown%7
CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWw
iLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=vIL3n0F%2Fs5tiJDAji138J6MnSKMf
2IHnbiB%2FKlfuH8A%3D&amp;reserved=0

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish
is all that remains.

Watch this space.

Andrew Katz
Partner
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/moorcrofts-llp>
<https://twitter.com/moorcroftsllp>

<https://moorcrofts.com/> Tel: 01628 470000
DDI: +44 (0) 1628 470003
Mob: +44 (0) 7970 835001
Email: Andrew.Katz@moorcrofts.com

Moorcrofts LLP | Thames House, Mere Park, Marlow | SL7 1PB, Bucks, GB

<https://moorcrofts.com/moorcrofts-deal-named-finalist-in-the-thames-v
al
ley-deal-awards/>
<https://moorcrofts.com/moorcrofts-llp-strengthen-its-rankings-in-lega
l-50
0-uk/>
<https://moorcrofts.com/moorcrofts-named-finalist-in-the-british-legal
-aw
ards-2019/>

Registered in England & Wales OC 311818 Authorised and Regulated by
the Solicitors Regulation Authority This email is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, please let us know. we store email
addresses and the names of addressees to assist with future
correspondence. Please be aware of the increase in fraud and cyber
crime. any email that appears to come from Moorcrofts LLP which
provides different bank details or indicates a change of our bank
details is unlikely to be genuine. You should not act on any
information contained in the email or reply to it. Instead please
contact us immediately to check our account details '. If the disclaimer can't be applied, attach the message to a new disclaimer message.

Moorcrofts LLP <https://moorcrofts.com/>

________________________________
OPPO

本电子邮件及其附件含有OPPO公司的保密信息,仅限于邮件指明的收件人使用(包含个人及群组)。禁止任何人在未经授权的情况下以任何形式使用。如果您错收了本邮件,请立即以电子邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件及其附件。

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from OPPO, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

Re: ISO publication imminent

Mishi Choudhary

Superb!!

*From: *main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org>
*Date: *Thursday, 19 November 2020 at 09:12
*To: *OpenChain Main <main@lists.openchainproject.org>

https://gbr01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.iso.org%2Fstandard%2F81039.html&;data=04%7C01%7C%7C9e7a8323fff94c637e2308d88c6b2b06%7C5a14c3e63ae74ac1bcd92f1bcafd61dc%7C0%7C0%7C637413739204491460%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=X2YmTT7MqjwC3ILPAbgvWZpg8aJ%2FpxOHU4PIbeSfZzo%3D&amp;reserved=0

https://gbr01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FInternational_Organization_for_Standardization&;data=04%7C01%7C%7C9e7a8323fff94c637e2308d88c6b2b06%7C5a14c3e63ae74ac1bcd92f1bcafd61dc%7C0%7C0%7C637413739204501421%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=vIL3n0F%2Fs5tiJDAji138J6MnSKMf2IHnbiB%2FKlfuH8A%3D&amp;reserved=0

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish is
all that remains.

Watch this space.

Email Signature

Andrew Katz
Partner
LinkedIn icon <https://www.linkedin.com/company/moorcrofts-llp> Twitter
icon <https://twitter.com/moorcroftsllp

Logo <https://moorcrofts.com/> Tel:      01628 470000
DDI:     +44 (0) 1628 470003
Mob:    +44 (0) 7970 835001
Email:  Andrew.Katz@moorcrofts.com
Moorcrofts LLP | Thames House, Mere Park, Marlow | SL7 1PB, Bucks, GB

Excellence

<https://moorcrofts.com/moorcrofts-named-finalist-in-the-british-legal-awards-2019/>Moorcrofts
LLP <https://moorcrofts.com/>

--
Warm Regards
Mishi Choudhary, Esq.

Managing Partner,
Moglen & Associates,
33 W 60th St, Second Floor,
New York, NY 10023
Email:mishi@moglenassociates.com

The information contained in this email message is intended only for use
of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to
deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
immediately notify us by email, help@softwarefreedom.org, and destroy
the original message.

Re: ISO publication imminent

Rahul Kumar

Great news. kudos to all who worked for this day.

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 at 14:41, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
OpenChain is now listed in the ISO database as:
ISO/IEC PRF 5230
https://www.iso.org/standard/81039.html

PRF means Proof of a new International Standard, and the next step is IS (International Standard).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Organization_for_Standardization

In other words, everything is done on their end, and hitting publish is all that remains.

Watch this space.

721 - 740 of 4323