Date

Open Source Policy Template for OpenChain 2.1 and ISO/IEC 5230:2020

Dear all

The OpenChain Policy Template for OpenChain 2.1 and ISO/IEC 5230:2020 is now available. This modular spreadsheet allows companies of all sizes to make open source policies that fit their requirements. Big thanks to Andrew and the teams at Moorcrofts and Orcro for leading this effort. As always, CC-0 (public domain) for adoption and use without restriction.

Get the policy template in Excel format:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/raw/master/Open-Source-Policy/Official/2.1/en/Open-Source-Policy-Template-en-OpenChain2.1-ISO5230.xlsx

Get the policy template in OpenDocument format:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/raw/master/Open-Source-Policy/Official/2.1/en/Open-Source-Policy-Template-en-OpenChain2.1-ISO5230.ods

Country teams, can you consider translation of this document to help the maximum number of users?

e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org

https://calendly.com/openchainproject

ISO 56005:2020

Cool, thanks Martin!

Team project, anyone familiar with this standard?

Begin forwarded message:

From: Martin Callinan <martin.callinan@...>
Subject: ISO 56005:2020
Date: December 4, 2020 20:40:36 JST
To: Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...>

Hi Shane,

This standard has just been published. It could be complementary to OpenChain https://www.iso.org/standard/72761.html

Kind Regards,

Martin Callinan
Source Code Control Limited
Mob: +44 7771 924283
Twitter: @sourcecodecontr
Source Code Control Ltd. Registered in England & Wales | Company Number: 09277137 | VAT Registered: 208 1697 05 |D-U-N-S Number: 22-044-4023
Registered Office: 149-151 Mortimer Street, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 5HA
Office address: 40rty Caversham Road, Caversham Road, Reading, RG1 7EB
Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized use of the information contained in this message is prohibited.

Re: [education] Antwort: [openchain] Open Source Law Book

Till Jaeger

Am 10.12.20 um 15:19 schrieb Iain G. Mitchell QC:
I've checked the hard copy, which shows:

Original Edition 2011 Open Source Press, Munich/Germany
"Creative Commins - Attribution-No-Derivs 3.0 Unported"
This correct. I have all the documents and a hard copy.

Please note that all rights are transferred back to the authors and the
editors (with regard to editor's copyrights).

Best,

Till

Iain

From: main@... <main@...>
Date: Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 07:56
To: main@... <main@...>, Till Jaeger <jaeger@...>, Ywein Van den Brande <ywein.vandenbrande@...>
Cc: education@... <education@...>
Subject: VS: Antwort: [openchain] Open Source Law Book

Re Finland, all these licenses are ok for me.

On top of the structure we derived from Ywein et al, if any, I believe we need to check what rights we gave to the publisher. In a pre-print copy of the work I have, the copyright is mentioned to belong to “Open Source Press”. Working from the distance, I don’t have access to my archives currently. Digging mails from 2010/2011 is of course an option too.

Best, Martin

From: main@... <main@...>
Date: Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 07:39
To: main@... <main@...>, Till Jaeger <jaeger@...>, Ywein Van den Brande <ywein.vandenbrande@...>
Cc: education@... <education@...>

+1 for Switzerland. BY-SA.

Michel

Von: "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@...>

An: OpenChain Main <main@...>, "education@..." <education@...>

Datum: 10.12.2020 06:06

Betreff: [openchain] Open Source Law Book

Gesendet von: main@...

Greetings all

Some years ago I was one of the editors of a law book covering open source country by country:
https://www.amazon.com/International-Free-Open-Source-Software/dp/3955391027

The book is now out of print but text files and all the other source material is right here:
https://github.com/IFOSSLawBook/ifosslawbook

I thought this might be useful. I just had a call today where I was asked about exactly this type of analysis.

Andrew Katz

Partner

LinkedIn icon Twitter icon

Logo

Tel:      01628 470000
DDI:     +44 (0) 1628 470003
Mob:    +44 (0) 7970 835001
Email:  Andrew.Katz@...

Moorcrofts LLP | Thames House, Mere Park, Marlow | SL7 1PB, Bucks, GB

Excellence

Registered in England & Wales OC 311818 Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please let us know. we store email addresses and the names of addressees to assist with future correspondence. Please be aware of the increase in fraud and cyber crime. any email that appears to come from Moorcrofts LLP which provides different bank details or indicates a change of our bank details is unlikely to be genuine. You should not act on any information contained in the email or reply to it. Instead please contact us immediately to check our account details '. If the disclaimer can't be applied, attach the message to a new disclaimer message.

Moorcrofts LLP

[...]

Gilles Gravier

Would it make sense to look at this as the starting point of an ongoing collaborative effort and bring it back to active life with updated content based on current status?

Gilles

Von: "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@...>
An: OpenChain Main <main@...>, "education@..." <education@...>
Datum: 10.12.2020 06:06

--
Gilles Gravier  - Gilles@...
GSM : +33618347147 and +41794728437

From: main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org>
Date: Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 07:56
To: main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org>, Till Jaeger <jaeger@jbb.de>, Ywein Van den Brande <ywein.vandenbrande@dbkv.eu>
Cc: education@lists.openchainproject.org <education@lists.openchainproject.org>

From: main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org>
Date: Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 07:39
To: main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org>, Till Jaeger <jaeger@jbb.de>, Ywein Van den Brande <ywein.vandenbrande@dbkv.eu>
Cc: education@lists.openchainproject.org <education@lists.openchainproject.org>

Von: "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org>
An: OpenChain Main <main@lists.openchainproject.org>, "education@lists.openchainproject.org" <education@lists.openchainproject.org>
Datum: 10.12.2020 06:06
Gesendet von: main@lists.openchainproject.org

Greetings all

Some years ago I was one of the editors of a law book covering open source country by country:
https://www.amazon.com/International-Free-Open-Source-Software/dp/3955391027

The book is now out of print but text files and all the other source material is right here:
https://github.com/IFOSSLawBook/ifosslawbook

I thought this might be useful. I just had a call today where I was asked about exactly this type of analysis.

Andrew Katz
Partner

Tel: 01628 470000
DDI: +44 (0) 1628 470003
Mob: +44 (0) 7970 835001
Email: Andrew.Katz@moorcrofts.com

From: main@... <main@...>
Date: Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 07:56
To: main@... <main@...>, Till Jaeger <jaeger@...>, Ywein Van den Brande <ywein.vandenbrande@...>
Cc: education@... <education@...>

From: main@... <main@...>
Date: Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 07:39
To: main@... <main@...>, Till Jaeger <jaeger@...>, Ywein Van den Brande <ywein.vandenbrande@...>
Cc: education@... <education@...>

Von: "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@...>

An: OpenChain Main <main@...>, "education@..." <education@...>

Datum: 10.12.2020 06:06

[...]

Re: [education] Open Source Law Book

A cunning plan!

On Dec 10, 2020, at 17:28, Jimmy Ahlberg via lists.openchainproject.org <jimmy.ahlberg=ericsson.com@lists.openchainproject.org> wrote:

I actually have a copy of this, I now see that I need to bring that to the next big F2F event to have it signed by all the authors 😉

BR J

https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=818389f8-de18b0d5-8183c963-8692dc8284cb-e7838a2644ec4992&q=1&e=90054f25-ecf5-45bc-9692-32f42207cace&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FIFOSSLawBook%2Fifosslawbook

I thought this might be useful. I just had a call today where I was asked about exactly this type of analysis.

Re: [education] Open Source Law Book

Jimmy Ahlberg

I actually have a copy of this, I now see that I need to bring that to the next big F2F event to have it signed by all the authors 😉

BR J

Some years ago I was one of the editors of a law book covering open source country by country:
https://www.amazon.com/International-Free-Open-Source-Software/dp/3955391027

The book is now out of print but text files and all the other source material is right here:
https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=818389f8-de18b0d5-8183c963-8692dc8284cb-e7838a2644ec4992&q=1&e=90054f25-ecf5-45bc-9692-32f42207cace&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FIFOSSLawBook%2Fifosslawbook

I thought this might be useful. I just had a call today where I was asked about exactly this type of analysis.

Re: Feedback Requested: Main Page Updates for Our Website

An excellent point Jari.

Our primary webinar series has a dedicated page here but I clearly need to make it more visible :)
On it.
https://www.openchainproject.org/webinars-interviews

On Dec 10, 2020, at 16:09, Jari Koivisto <jari.p.koivisto@iki.fi> wrote:

Hi All,

The whole site looks pretty good to me. One improvement suggestion: Now all webinars are together with News and oftentimes companies have a separate page for their webinars that also can be grouped depending on the subject so that people can find what they are interested in.

BR,

Jari

---
Jari Koivisto
E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@iki.fi
Mobile: +41 78 7479791
Skype: jari.p.koivisto
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 10:52, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
Dear all

Opinions and feedback most welcome on the updated website:
https://www.openchainproject.org/

One page is pending update:
https://www.openchainproject.org/resources
I will flag it when it is ready for review.

Re: Open Source Law Book

Pavel Kopylov <Pavel.kopylov@...>

What a great resource!
It definitively deserves a chapter on Sweden.
Best regards
Pavel

On 10 Dec 2020, at 06:01, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

Greetings all

Some years ago I was one of the editors of a law book covering open source country by country:
https://www.amazon.com/International-Free-Open-Source-Software/dp/3955391027

The book is now out of print but text files and all the other source material is right here:
https://github.com/IFOSSLawBook/ifosslawbook

I thought this might be useful. I just had a call today where I was asked about exactly this type of analysis.

Pavel Kopylov
IP Business Consultant
SYNERGON AB

Phone: +46 302 109 00
Mobile:  +46 703 85 42 60
pavel.kopylov@...
www.synergon.se

Notice of Confidentiality:  This is a confidential communication, solely for the use of the person(s) identified above.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not read or forward any other part of the message and do not open or read any attachments.  Kindly notify us of the error by emailing us at our return address given above or call us at +46 (0)302 10900 ; and delete this message without retaining any copy.

[...]

VS: Antwort: [openchain] Open Source Law Book

Martin von Willebrand

From: main@... <main@...>
Date: Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 07:39
To: main@... <main@...>, Till Jaeger <jaeger@...>, Ywein Van den Brande <ywein.vandenbrande@...>