Date

Presentation: Making compliance scalablein a container world

Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>

Hi OpenChain,

I wanted to pass this presentation along as a sort of FYI.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jenni

--
Jenni McGinnis
Projects Coordinator | The Linux Foundation

The OpenChain Telco Work Group is off to a strong start. This includes a new mailing list for those interested. Sign up here:
https://lists.openchainproject.org/g/telco

Catch up: Telco Work Group Meeting #1– Recording:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/05/13/openchain-telco-work-group-meeting-1-2021-05-06-full-recording

OpenChain Education Interactive Webinar 2021-05-04 – Full Recording

One of the cool things we did recently was to host an Education Work Group Interactive Webinar, driving forward the last details for our forthcoming free online education course. Check it out:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/05/07/openchain-education-interactive-webinar-2021-05-04-full-recording

Re: Slack Login

Mary, checking in to make sure all is ok, and ready to assist if the link from Jari did not resolve your problem :)

BTW, thanks Jari!

On May 13, 2021, at 0:16, Jari Koivisto <jari.p.koivisto@...> wrote:

Mary

I got this link earlier from Shane: https://join.slack.com/t/openchainproject/shared_invite/zt-7ayys8g2-dgijHIK_kyrhEWEknrD0cQ try if that works for you too.

BR,

   Jari

---
Jari Koivisto
E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@...
Mobile: +41 78 7479791
Skype: jari.p.koivisto
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto

On Wed, 12 May 2021 at 14:55, Mattran, Mary <mary.mattran@...> wrote:
I tried to join the slack workspace as indicated in the newsletter, but slack is telling me that I do not have an account with this email address for this space.  Can I please get added to the slack with this email address?  Thanks!

OpenChain ISO 5260 and SPDX explicitly enter the Scania supply chain via Scania Corporate Standard 4589 (STD 4589)

OpenChain ISO 5260 and SPDX explicitly enter the Scania supply chain via Scania Corporate Standard 4589 (STD 4589). Big thanks to Jonas and his team for their visionary work in this space. Naturally we are on standby to assist all suppliers with questions or who want community support:

Re: Slack Login

Jari Koivisto

Mary

I got this link earlier from Shane: https://join.slack.com/t/openchainproject/shared_invite/zt-7ayys8g2-dgijHIK_kyrhEWEknrD0cQ try if that works for you too.

BR,

   Jari

---
Jari Koivisto
E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@...
Mobile: +41 78 7479791
Skype: jari.p.koivisto
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto

On Wed, 12 May 2021 at 14:55, Mattran, Mary <mary.mattran@...> wrote:
I tried to join the slack workspace as indicated in the newsletter, but slack is telling me that I do not have an account with this email address for this space.  Can I please get added to the slack with this email address?  Thanks!

Slack Login

Mattran, Mary

I tried to join the slack workspace as indicated in the newsletter, but slack is telling me that I do not have an account with this email address for this space.  Can I please get added to the slack with this email address?  Thanks!

Re: Latest OpenChain Newsletter now available

Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>

Prasad,

Thank you for catching that. The link IS correct, yes, but the header info at the top was not.  It has been corrected.

Thanks!

Jenni

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 12:52 PM Prasad Iyer (prasadiy) <prasadiy@...> wrote:

Thanks, Jennifer for sharing this.

A quick question - Is this link pointing to the correct/latest newsletter? I see its pointing to Issue#47  whereas the link title  in your email shows Issue#48 as the latest.

Prasad Iyer

Director, Engineering - Product Operations

Email : prasadiy@...

Phone: +1 (408) 315-5101

DNS

From: <main@...> on behalf of Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:33 AM
To: "main@..." <main@...>

Latest OpenChain Newsletter now available

Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>

Global work team call - tomorrow (Tuesday) at 06:00 UTC

Dear all

This is a reminder that our regular bi-weekly global work team call will take place tomorrow (Tuesday) at 06:00 UTC.

Reminder: telco meeting in one hour - 7am Pacific / 2pm UTC / 10pm CST / 11pm KST+JST

Join us here:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09

OpenChain Web-App Under Coordinated Attack - Service Intermittent or Down - Data Safe - Assistance Welcomed

Dear all

We are under a coordinated automated attack against our self-certification web app. Over 57,000 false accounts were created in a matter of a few hours in an attempt to take down the system. Thanks to the quick thinking of Gary, the brunt of this attack has been mitigated. However, there are a few consequences:
(1) Access to the self-certification web app is disabled for non-registered users
(2) Our May quota of emails sent by the service for May has been used
(3) We are still digging into how to harden the service and ensure full return

If you can assist, that would be much appreciated. Gary is heading into vacation and will be offline until Mid-May. While we are calling in LF Technical to assist, a community member familiar with AWS would be of incredible use to us right now.

My apologies for the interruption. As Gary noted, the attack was planned out and beyond a typical “script kiddie” event. We have no idea why and we have yet to isolate and report the computer(s) involved. Once we do, they will be reported to law enforcement in the relevant jurisdiction.

e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org

Re: [education] Our next Bi-Weekly Webinar will be replaced by a special Education Work Team activity

Thanks Martin! Fantastic to have your contribution. Deeply appreciated.

On Apr 29, 2021, at 1:27, Martin Yagi <martin.yagi@firstlightfusion.com> wrote:

Dear Shane, all,

I wont be able to join the call, so I thought I'd give some comments in the hope that they are useful.

It's not clear if the purpose of the training is for
a) people implementing a OSS compliance policy/process/programme (or educating higher management on the principles of why/how to do it).
b) participants of an OSS compliance programme.
c) both a and b

I would recommend at this stage aiming for having different training courses for (a) and (b). The good news is that chapters 1-3 work as an introduction for both. Whilst the remaining chapters include good content, I personally don't think they address either purpose well enough without some focussed re-work.

It may not even be possible to sufficiently address (b) in a generic enough fashion....my policy/process/terminology is different enough in details that I would need to have my own versions of the content anyway, or ask programme participants to do 2 courses (that's not going to happen!).

It may be that I'm an outlier in my thinking, but it may be worth poling to see who thinks they will roll out said course, if implemented as per current direction, to their organisation.

I'm happy to chat about this in more detail.

Best regards,

Martin Yagi
Intellectual Property Manager|