From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Sent: Friday 30 July 2021 10:59
To: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Subject: [openchain] Open Hardware: Chinese chip designers hope to topple Arm's Cortex-A76 with XiangShan RISC-V design

CAUTION:This email is received from an external domain. Open the hyperlink(s) & attachment(s) with caution.
.

This has flown under the Western Media radar but may be significant in terms of open hardware licensing. Worth watching to keep track of execution.

“The Institute of Computing Technology at the Chinese Academy of Sciences (ICT CAS) has showcased progress on a fully open-source processor, designed around the RISC-V architecture, which it hopes will offer competition for Arm parts at the performance end of the market. Developed from the opening of a GitHub repository to booting Debian Linux in a matter of months, with work currently progressing on a higher-performance second iteration, XiangShan, or "Fragrant Hills", comes with bold promises […]”
https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theregister.com%2F2021%2F07%2F06%2Fxiangshan_risc_v%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cgilles.gravier%40wipro.com%7C19638bfc2ecc430f3e5708d95338574a%7C258ac4e4146a411e9dc879a9e12fd6da%7C1%7C0%7C637632323728656169%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=RrKw8KcmST%2ByJ94eq25mLJ0yLqGKceX3wPX303U3nD4%3D&amp;reserved=0

'The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com'

Open Hardware: Chinese chip designers hope to topple Arm's Cortex-A76 with XiangShan RISC-V design

This has flown under the Western Media radar but may be significant in terms of open hardware licensing. Worth watching to keep track of execution.

“The Institute of Computing Technology at the Chinese Academy of Sciences (ICT CAS) has showcased progress on a fully open-source processor, designed around the RISC-V architecture, which it hopes will offer competition for Arm parts at the performance end of the market. Developed from the opening of a GitHub repository to booting Debian Linux in a matter of months, with work currently progressing on a higher-performance second iteration, XiangShan, or "Fragrant Hills", comes with bold promises […]”
https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/06/xiangshan_risc_v/

US National Security Memorandum on Improving Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure Control Systems

From the White House:
"Protection of our Nation’s critical infrastructure is a responsibility of the government at the Federal, State, local, Tribal, and territorial levels and of the owners and operators of that infrastructure. The cybersecurity threats posed to the systems that control and operate the critical infrastructure on which we all depend are among the most significant and growing issues confronting our Nation. The degradation, destruction, or malfunction of systems that control this infrastructure could cause significant harm to the national and economic security of the United States.”

This memorandum contains the following sections (Section 2 and 4 appear most relevant to parties in this field):
Section 1. Policy.
Sec. 2. Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity Initiative.
Sec. 3. Furthering the Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity Initiative.
Sec. 4. Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Performance Goals.
Sec. 5. General Provisions.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/07/28/national-security-memorandum-on-improving-cybersecurity-for-critical-infrastructure-control-systems/

Japanese Government (METI): Collection of Use Case Examples Compiled Regarding Management Methods for Utilizing Open Source Software and Ensuring Its Security

"The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) publishes a "Collection of Use Case Examples Regarding Management Methods for Utilizing OSS and Ensuring Its Security." The collection summarizes the points to note when utilizing open source software (OSS), and for each point, provides information including use case examples of companies that are conducting instructive initiatives.”

This information is all in English:
https://www.meti.go.jp/english/press/2021/0421_003.html

OpenChain Global Work Group Meeting 2021-07-26 - Full Recording

You can find the full recording of our most recent meeting here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okRa07dfokE&t=2s

As mentioned in my last email, focus was solely on the security guidance document for OpenChain ISO 5230.

IMPORTANT: OpenChain Security Assurance Reference Guide (ISO 5230 Security Assurance Reference Guide)

The security guidance guide for OpenChain ISO 5230 is nearly ready. This is the last call for comments.

This document will provide all that is necessary to apply OpenChain ISO 5230 to address security matters related to open source. It does not alter or adjust the standard itself. It is a “mapping” guide.

Here is the document in a format that allows you to add comments:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnkSaMT5WBZwJBONuB

Here is the most recent call where we discussed specifics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okRa07dfokE

You have until the 10th of August to provide feedback, with the process ending during our regular Global Work Team call on that day. The document will be released on the 11th of August.

e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org

Re: [specification] [openchain] OpenChain Global Work Team Call - 2021-07-26 - 14:00 UTC / 07:00 PST / 15:00 BST / 16:00 CEST / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST / 23:00 JST

Awesome! Thanks Mark!

Everyone, we start in 30 minutes.

Don’t forget: we have a new dial in link here:

On Jul 26, 2021, at 22:24, Mark Gisi <mark.gisi@...> wrote:

The current draft of the Security Assurance Reference Guide can be found here:

    https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/SecurityAssuranceGuide/tree/main/Guide

best,

Mark Gisi
Director, Open Source Program Office

Empowering Customers to Prosper using Open Source

(510) 749-2016

From: <main@...> on behalf of " via lists.openchainproject.org" <kris.feng=oppo.com@...>
Reply to: "main@..." <main@...>
Date: Tuesday, 20 July 2021 at 01:57
To: "main@..." <main@...>
答复: [openchain] Vote on our OpenChain ISO 5230 conformance logo - change or no change?

I vote for the old one.

Br,

/Kris

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Wassertrüdingen Registergericht: Amtsgericht Ansbach, HRB 7127
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Andreas Bärwald
http://www.PAPPSTARpromotion.de

OPPO

件及其附件含有OPPO公司的保密信息,限于件指明的收件人使用(包含个人及群)。禁止任何人在未的情况下以任何形式使用。如果您收了本件,立即以件通知件人并除本件及其附件。