差出人: main@... <main@...> が Jeff Luszcz <jeffluszczdev@...> の代理で送信
送信日時: Sunday, December 5, 2021 3:33:48 AM
宛先: main@... <main@...>
件名: Re: [openchain] Meanwhile in Korea… (Meeting 12 on 20th)

You have 45 minutes to create a thirdpartynotices.txt file from these 3500 node packages.
Start!

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 2:03 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

Image by Soim of the Korea Work Group...
I am not totally sure what our Korean Work Group is planning for the 12th meeting on the 20th but I suspect we may not be seeing all of them again.

Re: Meanwhile in Korea… (Meeting 12 on 20th)

Jeff Luszcz

You have 45 minutes to create a thirdpartynotices.txt file from these 3500 node packages.
Start!

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 2:03 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
Image by Soim of the Korea Work Group...
I am not totally sure what our Korean Work Group is planning for the 12th meeting on the 20th but I suspect we may not be seeing all of them again.

Meanwhile in Korea… (Meeting 12 on 20th)

Image by Soim of the Korea Work Group...
I am not totally sure what our Korean Work Group is planning for the 12th meeting on the 20th but I suspect we may not be seeing all of them again.

Japan Work Group Advent Calendar 2021 Now Live!

Our annual Japan Work Group Advent Calendar is now underway. This is perhaps the largest annual community activity around our global project, with over 20 articles published by contributors from a wide range of companies. Posts often have English summaries, and this is a great way to check out some of the key Far Eastern news around OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230:2020. Huge thanks to Watanabe San, Fukuchi San, Owada San, and everyone else who makes this happen!
Learn more:

Re: DONE? - Introduction to Open Source License Compliance Management (LFC193)

OK! I will forward to the team :)

On Nov 26, 2021, at 14:33, Balakrishna Mukundaraj (MS/ECA5-XC) <Balakrishna.Mukundraj@...> wrote:

Hi Shane,

Sure, we can do that. I forgot to mention thank you and everyone for getting it completed 😊

We can start working again once we get review point from them.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Mukundaraj Balakrishna

Information co-ordination (RBEI/ECA5)
Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 10 60 50 | 70049 Stuttgart | GERMANY | www.bosch.com
Tel. +91 80 6657-5938 | Mobile +91-96207-91838 | Fax +91 80 6617-0711 | Balakrishna.Mukundraj@...

Registered Office: Stuttgart, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Franz Fehrenbach; Managing Directors: Dr. Volkmar Denner,
Prof. Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Filiz Albrecht, Dr. Christian Fischer, Dr. Stefan Hartung,
Dr. Markus Heyn, Harald Kröger, Rolf Najork

It seems like our Introduction to Open Source License Compliance Management (LFC193) course may be done:
https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1FA6GvYG7G-cQgSdAM610CjYQExwJW3xY%2Fedit%3Fpli%3D1%23&;data=04%7C01%7Cbalakrishna.mukundraj%40in.bosch.com%7Cf711c2d39d6f4b7aa6a008d9b0945fed%7C0ae51e1907c84e4bbb6d648ee58410f4%7C0%7C0%7C637734973574682076%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=loTOHYEObR5IzKByHCCJCbAtZUEC%2FJHWuRH6S4oBSU0%3D&amp;reserved=0

Shall we skip the weekly call today and send this material to LF Training for confirmation?

Re: DONE? - Introduction to Open Source License Compliance Management (LFC193)

Balakrishna Mukundaraj

[...]

Revision 1: OpenChain Self-Certification Questionnaire

Soft launch today of a new printable variant of our self-certification questionnaire. Seeking review and comments before sharing more widely next week:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/tree/master/Self-Certification-Questionnaire/Official/2.1/en

DONE? - Introduction to Open Source License Compliance Management (LFC193)

Hi Balakrishna

It seems like our Introduction to Open Source License Compliance Management (LFC193) course may be done:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FA6GvYG7G-cQgSdAM610CjYQExwJW3xY/edit?pli=1#

Shall we skip the weekly call today and send this material to LF Training for confirmation?

OpenChain Automation Case Study #5 - Running a Supply Chain using open source tooling + SPDX

Recording now available. Part #5 explores how SPDX ISO/IEC 5962 works as a Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) in the supply chain through existing open source tooling for open source compliance.
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/11/24/automation-case-study-5

Check out the entire case study here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/automation-case-study

Huge thanks to Maximilian Huber at TNG for running this webinar.

e: scoughlan@...

Global Work Group Meeting 2021-11-22 (Final Stage of Making Our New Playbook)

We completed most of the work on our new Playbook. This document is targeted for release on December 16th at the Open Compliance Summit.
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/11/23/global-work-group-meeting-2021-11-22

Education Work Team Meeting 2021-11-19

We finished all major work on the online training course. Check it out:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/11/22/education-work-team-meeting-2021-11-19

OpenChain Supplier Education Pack Now In Dutch

Thanks to the hard work of Zier den Heijer, Shurjeel Tousif shurjeel.tousif@... and the rest of the team at SeQuenX BV we have a Dutch translation of the Supplier Education Pack. This pack is a one email, one attachement method to bring your suppliers up-to-speed on open source, OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230 and how to adopt the International Standard for open source license compliance.

With this milestone we have the Supplier Education Pack available in nine languages.

Get the Supplier Education Pack:
https://www.openchainproject.org/supplier-education-pack

Re: OpenChain Global Work Team Meeting - 2021 -11-22 (Today) @ 14:00 UTC / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CET / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST + JST

Thanks Sebastian! Very useful input.

I concur that more information and knowledge is more helpful than less. Our only balancing act is to provide it without anyone thinking the OpenChain Project endorses X interpretation of a license. Have several sources and a disclaimer covers a lot (or all) of this ground.

On Nov 23, 2021, at 0:21, Sebastian Crane <seabass-labrax@...> wrote:

Dear Shane,

Thanks for leading the interesting discussion today; sorry for having to
leave early. During the meeting, my parents called me to ask if - A: I
knew what AnyDesk was, and B: why 'Amazon Customer Support' wanted them
to install it! All danger was averted, I am glad to say.

It's always good to share links about complex topics such as license
compatibility, as search engines are unfortunately not wont to promote
miscellaneous YAML files on GitHub!

As for the topic of whether OpenChain should be linking to license
compatibility information, I take the view that false negatives are
safer than false positives here. Compatibility information, even if not
100% correct, can still be useful for instance to quickly flag up issues
such as combining code under the CDDL with (GPL'ed) Linux.

For a company which would like to avoid risk, it's perfectly acceptable
to automatically reject any such 'incompatible' combinations whilst
taking the 'compatible' combinations with a grain of salt. However, in
the case of Canonical with ZFS [1], if there are no reasonable
alternatives for a certain piece of software, the company can still
spend time to manually review the license compatibility for their own
use-case.

When it comes to companies with more of a software development focus,
then using tools such as the OSS Review Toolkit with the DoubleOpen
machine-readable information that we discussed could be very
useful. Even if not a substitute for specific legal review, it can be
very good to produce noisy warnings in the CI/CD system when an upstream
software dependency changes its license to something incompatible, which
does happen now and then [2]. Again, this is using the information as
more of a source of warnings rather than a source of truth.

Hope this helps, and I look forward to seeing the playbook be published!
:)

Best wishes,

Sebastian

1: https://ubuntu.com/blog/zfs-licensing-and-linux
2: https://www.theregister.com/2021/03/25/ruby_rails_code/

REMINDER: Today is the Automation Case Study “virtual supply chain” showing code going through multiple scanners and maintaining SPDX integrity @ 09:00 UTC

REMINDER: Today is the Automation Case Study “virtual supply chain” showing code going through multiple scanners and maintaining SPDX integrity @ 09:00 UTC.

We will hold it on Zoom:
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Everyone is welcome. No registration needed.

Need more timezone information?

The event will take place on November 24th at 09:00 UTC / 10:00 CET / 17:00 CST / 18:00 KST + JST. The event is in our global calendar:
https://www.openchainproject.org/community

Re: OpenChain Global Work Team Meeting - 2021 -11-22 (Today) @ 14:00 UTC / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CET / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST + JST

Sebastian Crane

[...]

Our regular global work team meeting takes place in one hour.

Our first playbook (for Medium Companies) is done. Now seeking final comments before preparing for publication.

The OpenChain Playbooks - Medium Company - Final Review:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GK0-d5vy_mN8gzAuS5XQ6vYM8_BePvO088WYV0eRF7M/edit#heading=h.7i5u45phff9

Dial in

https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Not sure of your time?
OpenChain Global Work Team Meeting - 2021 -11-22 (Today) @ 14:00 UTC / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CET / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST + JST

Re: Finalizing OpenChain Online Training Course - Education Meeting Today 2021-11-19 @ 09:30 UTC / 10:30 CET / 17:30 CST / 18:30 KST + JST

Dear all

Our first online training course - Introduction to Open Source License Compliance Management (LFC193) - is now essentially complete.

On our call today we will create the final exam questions:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FA6GvYG7G-cQgSdAM610CjYQExwJW3xY/edit#heading=h.s4jhnannajjf

On Nov 19, 2021, at 6:58, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

Finalizing OpenChain Online Training Course - Education Meeting Today 2021-11-19 @ 09:30 UTC / 10:30 CET / 17:30 CST / 18:30 KST + JST

We are wrapping up our review to hand-off to LF Training. Let’s make this the last major editing call 😀

Course overview document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YSf9dWJe8qET95N5q3KWzCaJeux80p1idkZjnnDjjp4/edit

Course content:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FA6GvYG7G-cQgSdAM610CjYQExwJW3xY/edit

We discussed this on the weekly Education Work Group calls as we push for completion by end of November:

OpenChain Education Work Group Meeting 2021-11-05
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/11/06/education-wg-2021-11-05

OpenChain Education Work Group Meeting 2021-11-12
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/11/13/education-wg-2021-11-12

Re: Regional Traction: 2,100 Eyes on Japanese FAQ

ouchi yoshiko

Dear Singing san

Thank you for your message that the FAQ material is helpful. This message will be an encouragement to the members of faq-sg.

The next version of the FAQ is currently under review and is scheduled to be released at the end of December.

We hope that the next version will be useful to you as well.

Best regards,

Yoshiko Ouchi