Date   

Conformance Check: Revised Documents

Miriam Ballhausen <Miriam.Ballhausen@...>
 

Hi all,

 

following up on yesterday’s call, please find attached the revised conformance check documents. As discussed, I added the references to the specification and the other changes we agreed on (changes tracked). Please let me know, if I missed anything.

 

Thank you all for your contributions! I feel we took a great step forward yesterday.

 

Kind regards,

Miriam

 

--

Dr. Miriam Ballhausen

Legal Counsel

 

Telefon: +49 30 200 566 205

Mobil: +49 173 38 567 56
miriam.ballhausen@...

 

 

Alte Jakobstraße 85/86,
10179 Berlin
Deutschland

Telefonzentrale +49 30 200 566 0 Fax +49 30 200 566 1 


www.lumesse.de

 

 

Lumesse

 

 

Lumesse GmbH,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamborner Straße 51, 40472 Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 40857
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Carsten Busch, Michael Hunt.

 


Re: Test instance of OpenChain self certification is available

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>
 

Thanks Gary! Great work on pulling all this together. We are in for an exciting launch in October!

Regards

Shane

On 2016 Sep 26, at 23:36, <gary@...> <gary@...> wrote:

Hi Shane,

That is correct.

I will follow-up with Clyde from the Linux Foundation today to discuss an approach for the check understang for the curriculum slides.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Martin Coughlan [mailto:shane@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2016 11:21 PM
To: gary@...
Cc: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] Test instance of OpenChain self certification
is available

Thanks Gary. I understand this is for the OpenChain Specification self-
certification rather than directly related to the OpenChain curriculum
slides. Is that understanding correct?

Shane

On 2016 Sep 26, at 15:05, <gary@...>
<gary@...> wrote:

Greetings all,

A test version of the open chain self certification questionnaire is
now available at http://openchaindeploy.m6rqmtrixp.us-west-
1.elasticbeanstalk.com/

You can login as the user testuser password openchain.

The site has not been well tested, so expect a few glitches.

Please review and let me know any ideas for improvements.

I also would appreciate any help on the style sheets (the web UI is
not a specialty of mine). The tables could use some better formatting.
If anyone with a good background in HTML/CSS would like to volunteer,
please contact me and I’ll go over the style sheet and class
organization. The site uses jQuery and jQueryUI which makes pretty
good use of style sheets.

The source for the website is in my github repo at
https://github.com/goneall/openchainserver

The code is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.

The code quality is not up to my usual standards since I was trying
to get something up before LinuxCon Europe. I plan to add some unit
tests, clean up the code, add more documentation, and a few features
over the next couple of weeks. That being said, feel free to look at
the code and offer any improvement advice.

The code uses the AWS toolkit for deployment. The questionnaire
itself is all database driven. There is a script in the resources
directory that adds the content you see on the site.

Thanks,
Gary

-------------------------------------------------
Gary O'Neall
Principal Consultant
Source Auditor Inc.
Mobile: 408.805.0586
Email: gary@...

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: Test instance of OpenChain self certification is available

Gary O'Neall
 

Hi Shane,

That is correct.

I will follow-up with Clyde from the Linux Foundation today to discuss an approach for the check understang for the curriculum slides.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Martin Coughlan [mailto:shane@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2016 11:21 PM
To: gary@...
Cc: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] Test instance of OpenChain self certification
is available

Thanks Gary. I understand this is for the OpenChain Specification self-
certification rather than directly related to the OpenChain curriculum
slides. Is that understanding correct?

Shane

On 2016 Sep 26, at 15:05, <gary@...>
<gary@...> wrote:

Greetings all,

A test version of the open chain self certification questionnaire is
now available at http://openchaindeploy.m6rqmtrixp.us-west-
1.elasticbeanstalk.com/

You can login as the user testuser password openchain.

The site has not been well tested, so expect a few glitches.

Please review and let me know any ideas for improvements.

I also would appreciate any help on the style sheets (the web UI is
not a specialty of mine). The tables could use some better formatting.
If anyone with a good background in HTML/CSS would like to volunteer,
please contact me and I’ll go over the style sheet and class
organization. The site uses jQuery and jQueryUI which makes pretty
good use of style sheets.

The source for the website is in my github repo at
https://github.com/goneall/openchainserver

The code is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.

The code quality is not up to my usual standards since I was trying
to get something up before LinuxCon Europe. I plan to add some unit
tests, clean up the code, add more documentation, and a few features
over the next couple of weeks. That being said, feel free to look at
the code and offer any improvement advice.

The code uses the AWS toolkit for deployment. The questionnaire
itself is all database driven. There is a script in the resources
directory that adds the content you see on the site.

Thanks,
Gary

-------------------------------------------------
Gary O'Neall
Principal Consultant
Source Auditor Inc.
Mobile: 408.805.0586
Email: gary@...

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: Test instance of OpenChain self certification is available

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>
 

Thanks Gary. I understand this is for the OpenChain Specification self-certification rather than directly related to the OpenChain curriculum slides. Is that understanding correct?

Shane

On 2016 Sep 26, at 15:05, <gary@...> <gary@...> wrote:

Greetings all,

A test version of the open chain self certification questionnaire is now available at http://openchaindeploy.m6rqmtrixp.us-west-1.elasticbeanstalk.com/

You can login as the user testuser password openchain.

The site has not been well tested, so expect a few glitches.

Please review and let me know any ideas for improvements.

I also would appreciate any help on the style sheets (the web UI is not a specialty of mine). The tables could use some better formatting. If anyone with a good background in HTML/CSS would like to volunteer, please contact me and I’ll go over the style sheet and class organization. The site uses jQuery and jQueryUI which makes pretty good use of style sheets.

The source for the website is in my github repo at https://github.com/goneall/openchainserver

The code is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.

The code quality is not up to my usual standards since I was trying to get something up before LinuxCon Europe. I plan to add some unit tests, clean up the code, add more documentation, and a few features over the next couple of weeks. That being said, feel free to look at the code and offer any improvement advice.

The code uses the AWS toolkit for deployment. The questionnaire itself is all database driven. There is a script in the resources directory that adds the content you see on the site.

Thanks,
Gary

-------------------------------------------------
Gary O'Neall
Principal Consultant
Source Auditor Inc.
Mobile: 408.805.0586
Email: gary@...

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Test instance of OpenChain self certification is available

Gary O'Neall
 

Greetings all,

 

A test version of the open chain self certification questionnaire is now available at http://openchaindeploy.m6rqmtrixp.us-west-1.elasticbeanstalk.com/

 

You can login as the user testuser password openchain.

 

The site has not been well tested, so expect a few glitches.

 

Please review and let me know any ideas for improvements.

 

I also would appreciate any help on the style sheets (the web UI is not a specialty of mine).  The tables could use some better formatting.  If anyone with a good background in HTML/CSS would like to volunteer, please contact me and I’ll go over the style sheet and class organization.  The site uses jQuery and jQueryUI which makes pretty good use of style sheets.

 

The source for the website is in my github repo at https://github.com/goneall/openchainserver

 

The code is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.

 

The code quality is not up to my usual standards since I was trying to get something up before LinuxCon Europe.  I plan to add some unit tests, clean up the code, add more documentation, and a few features over the next couple of weeks.  That being said, feel free to look at the code and offer any improvement advice.

 

The code uses the AWS toolkit for deployment.  The questionnaire itself is all database driven.  There is a script in the resources directory that adds the content you see on the site.

 

Thanks,
Gary

 

-------------------------------------------------

Gary O'Neall

Principal Consultant

Source Auditor Inc.

Mobile: 408.805.0586

Email: gary@...

 


Re: OpenChain meeting 9/19

Shane Coughlan <shane@...>
 

Thanks Kelly! Looks good to me.

Shane

On 23 Sep 2016, at 07:12, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

The minutes are posted on the wiki https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes.

 

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

 

Thanks!

Kelly

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 8:53 AM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting today

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Reminder the Spec and Curriculum meeting is today at 5pm PST.  Please find attached the slides. 

 

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart

Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470

Alternate number: 512-910-4433

No PIN needed

 

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:

https://www.uberconference.com/international

for the specific country numbers.

 

1. Dial the local number based on your location.

2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: OpenChain meeting 9/19

Kelly Williams
 

The minutes are posted on the wiki https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes.

 

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

 

Thanks!

Kelly

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 8:53 AM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting today

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Reminder the Spec and Curriculum meeting is today at 5pm PST.  Please find attached the slides. 

 

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart

Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470

Alternate number: 512-910-4433

No PIN needed

 

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:

https://www.uberconference.com/international

for the specific country numbers.

 

1. Dial the local number based on your location.

2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 


Re: OpenChain: Pre-Event in Berlin

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>
 

Hi Miriam

I initially expected to arrive too late to attend this pre-event. However, I have adjusted my flights and I will now be available to join the 7pm dinner. I will go direct to the restaurant to join the group around 6:45pm.

Regards

Shane

On Sep 7, 2016, at 2:30 AM, Miriam Ballhausen <Miriam.Ballhausen@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

as Dave mentioned, we’ll have a pre-event the evening before LinuxCon Europe, that is the evening of October 3rd. Here's what we have planned for that evening:

(Optional) 4:00 p.m.: first pick up at LinuxCon venue (Miriam) - trip to Berlin Wall Memorial via Potsdamer Platz and so-called “ghost stations"

4:45 p.m.: guided tour through Berlin Wall Memorial (http://www.berliner-mauer-gedenkstaette.de/en/) - afterwards: walk to dinner location

5:45 a.m.: second pick up at LinuxCon venue (Catharina)

6:30 p.m.: arrival at dinner location (KatzOrange, Bergstraße 22, 10115 Berlin)

7:00 p.m.: dinner

(Optional): 9:30 p.m.: late night special visit to TV tower (about 15/20 minute walk from dinner venue) - see festival of lights at Alexanderplatz and Brandenburg Gate (EUR 14,- p.p.; we can try and get the tickets that same evening, but I’d suggest to pre-order them online before)

afterwards: catch the Bus 200 from Alexanderplatz which takes you back to the LinuxCon event venue (stop right in front of it) and goes by many sights (e.g. Museums Insel, Unter den Linden, Potsdamer Platz; bus leaves appr. every 15 minutes).


Berlin Wall Memorial:

I copied the link to their website above. The memorial is located in the area around the former checkpoint Bornholmer Straße, which was for West Berliners, citizens of the Federal Republic, GDRcitizens, and diplomats (by road). It was also the first to open in 1989. The wall is partially intact in that area and we have a guide who’ll walk us through the area in about an hour.


Dinner location:

The Katz Orange serves what they call "slow food". It's a mix of traditional Berlin dishes and modern cuisine. You can check out their menu at www.katzorange.com/menu. We'll pre-order a selection of dishes to share and try for everyone. Please let me know, if we need to keep special requests in mind (e.g. glutenfree etc.).


Transportation:

Berlin Wall Memorial and dinner location, as well as the TV tower and Brandenburg Gate are in the eastern part of Berlin, while the LinuxCon event location is in the west. So, we'll need to get across town. Catharina and I will pick up those, who want to use public transportation (first pick up at 4 p.m., second pick up at 5:45 p.m.). Tickets cost EUR 2,70 p.p. and one way. So, if you join the group at the LinuxCon event venue and want to take the Bus 200 from Alexanderplatz back to the hotel, transportation will cost EUR 5,40. The tickets can be bought on the bus. However, to avoid the "real" Berlin experience (being snapped at by the bus driver), Catharina and I will have a couple of tickets at hand.

Of course, there also cabs. However, as October 3rd is the national holiday in Germany, chances of getting stuck in traffic are rather high.


If you want to join the pre-event, please get in touch with Kelly Williams (cc.) and also let me know:

• if you'll join the group for the first pick up plus visit to Berlin Wall Memorial or the second pick up going directly to the dinner location
• if you need tickets for public transportation (one way or two ways)
• if you want to attend any optional events (e.g. TV tower) and would like to pre-order tickets.
Looking forward to seeing you in Berlin!

Miriam

--
Dr. Miriam Ballhausen
Legal Counsel

Telefon: +49 30 200 566 205
Mobil: +49 173 38 567 56
miriam.ballhausen@...


Alte Jakobstraße 85/86,
10179 Berlin
Deutschland
Telefonzentrale +49 30 200 566 0 Fax +49 30 200 566 1

www.lumesse.de


<image001.png>


Lumesse GmbH,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamborner Straße 51, 40472 Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 40857
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Carsten Busch, Michael Hunt.

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: OpenChain meeting today

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>
 

Hi Gary

Sounds good. Let’s coordinate on the self-certification item. Mike Dolan recently introduced me to Clyde Seepersad, who runs training programs at Linux Foundation, and we are just beginning a dialogue about how they may be able to assist. Let me bring you into CC on that thread.

Regards

Shane

On Sep 20, 2016, at 2:10 AM, gary@... wrote:

Hi Kelly and openchain team,

It turns out I’ll be on a plane during today’s call, so I’ll miss this one.

I did a quick review of the slides and they look good to me – I especially like the improved graphics.

Although it isn’t on the agenda, if anyone is curious about the self certification questionnaire website – We did meet with Raghu Madabushi from the Linux Foundation on setting up a web server. They are currently deciding on the technology to be used for the main openchain website. They have the use cases and will provide a recommendation to me on what technology we should to implement the self certification survey Once that I have the recommendations, I’ll start working on the self-certification survey forms.

Let me know if there are any follow-up questions or actions for me from the call.

Thanks,
Gary

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 8:53 AM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting today

Hi Everyone,

Reminder the Spec and Curriculum meeting is today at 5pm PST. Please find attached the slides.

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart
Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470
Alternate number: 512-910-4433
No PIN needed

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:
https://www.uberconference.com/international
for the specific country numbers.

1. Dial the local number based on your location.
2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

Thanks,
Kelly

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: OpenChain meeting today

Gary O'Neall
 

Hi Kelly and openchain team,

 

It turns out I’ll be on a plane during today’s call, so I’ll miss this one. 

 

I did a quick review of the slides and they look good to me – I especially like the improved graphics.

 

Although it isn’t on the agenda, if anyone is curious about the self certification questionnaire website – We did meet with Raghu Madabushi from the Linux Foundation on setting up a web server.  They are currently deciding on the technology to be used for the main openchain website.  They have the use cases and will provide a recommendation to me on what technology we should to implement the self certification survey Once that I have the recommendations, I’ll start working on the self-certification survey forms.

 

Let me know if there are any follow-up questions or actions for me from the call.

 

Thanks,

Gary

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 8:53 AM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting today

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Reminder the Spec and Curriculum meeting is today at 5pm PST.  Please find attached the slides. 

 

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart

Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470

Alternate number: 512-910-4433

No PIN needed

 

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:

https://www.uberconference.com/international

for the specific country numbers.

 

1. Dial the local number based on your location.

2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 


OpenChain meeting today

Kelly Williams
 

Hi Everyone,

 

Reminder the Spec and Curriculum meeting is today at 5pm PST.  Please find attached the slides. 

 

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart

Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470

Alternate number: 512-910-4433

No PIN needed

 

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:

https://www.uberconference.com/international

for the specific country numbers.

 

1. Dial the local number based on your location.

2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 


Invitation: OpenChain Conformance @ Mon Sep 26, 2016 11am - 12pm (CDT) (kstewart@linuxfoundation.org)

Kate Stewart
 

OpenChain Conformance

Host: Miriam Ballhausen
Agenda: continued discussion the conformance check work
Minutes: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart
Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470
Alternate number: 512-910-4433
No PIN needed

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:
https://www.uberconference.com/international
for the specific country numbers.

1. Dial the local number based on your location.
2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

When
Mon Sep 26, 2016 11am – 12pm Central Time
Where
https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart (map)
Calendar
kstewart@...
Who
Kate Stewart - organizer
cmaracke@...
Mans Gunnarsson
mikeyang@...
Michael Dolan
eileen.evans@...
openchain@...
oliver.fendt@...
hung.chang@...
dmarr@...
gunnar.nilsson@...
kellyw@...
jilayne.lovejoy@...
Mark.Gisi@...
jbuttura@...
shane@...
miriam.ballhausen@...

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Re: Curriculum next steps

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>
 

Dear all

On our last call we talked about bold changes to help get the OpenChain Curriculum training material to be reduced to 100 slides or below for release in October. Thanks to everyone on our team the Final Draft is now substantially complete. Special credit must be given to above-and-beyond editing activity of Nathan, who reassessed and adjusted us from circa 140 towards our target of 100 slides.

The Curriculum now consists of 8 chapters and just under 100 slides with “check your understanding” for every chapter. This maps closely to the OpenChain specification and is designed to (a) enable adopters of OpenChain to more easily meet the specification requirements and (b) allow companies with a more general interest in compliance training to get a head-start on their internal training program.

Your review and final comments ahead of our next call is welcome here:
https://1drv.ms/p/s!AsXJVqby5kpnhjz7p9yryf8MJUPJ

Regards

Shane

On Sep 2, 2016, at 10:58 PM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Dear all

We have seen substantial progress on the slides with a particular focus on chapter 2, 3 and 6. There is now a final draft version of 142 slides ready for review here:
https://1drv.ms/p/s!AsXJVqby5kpnhjz7p9yryf8MJUPJ

Final items to add are the “check your understanding” items to chapters and then to place the slides into a unified template.

Can anyone assist with adding “check your understanding” items?

Regards

Shane

On Aug 25, 2016, at 11:43 PM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Dear OpenChain Curriculum volunteers

Chapter 8 is complete, Chapter 9 and 11 are under review. The slides can be found here:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!799&ithint=file%2cpptx&app=PowerPoint&authkey=!AMPIqg6TBlScFUI

I would like to put out a call to everyone to assist with completing the other chapters ahead of our next meeting. If you can contribute some time within the next two weeks please let me know so that I can help assign chapters that may benefit from the most review.

Regards

Shane

On Aug 18, 2016, at 12:59 PM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Dear OpenChain Curriculum volunteers

Our status is that the summer vacation pushed us a little behind schedule. However, we are still on-target for an October launch at LinuxCon Europe.

I would like to put out a general call for help in editing and refining our slides during the next month. We need to do two things:
(1) Reduce the overall slide count to around 100 slides from the current 177. This is less daunting than it sounds as there is a lot of duplication or slide consolidation possible.
(2) Help add a single “Check your understanding” slide with five or so bullet point questions to the end of the 11 primary chapters. Some are complete but around half need to be added.

Please dive in and edit freely. We can easily revert any mistakes or removals if needed.

The slides can be found here:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!799&ithint=file%2cpptx&app=PowerPoint&authkey=!AMPIqg6TBlScFUI

Regards

Shane

On Jul 19, 2016, at 11:11 AM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Dear OpenChain Curriculum volunteers

Thank you to everyone who attended our discussion on the 18th July to review the slides.

== Outcomes ==

(1) Each chapter is substantially complete. We currently have around 194 slides that need to be refined into about 100 slides for circa 3 hour delivery.
(2) We will “be brave” in condensing material to make it as simple as possible, so everyone should feel free to jump in and condense and/or simplify language.
(3) Where content is deleted from slides we will move it into slide notes to ensure presenters can have context. This is because we cannot assume a level of knowledge for the reader/presenter. We need to facilitate everything from low to high.
(4) We need to add “check your understanding” to most chapters (see below for reference material from Chapter 7). This will ensure each module can work as a stand-alone mini-segment. For the same reason it would be ideal if each chapter could start with a high-level summary.
(5) The status of each chapter is based on reports from assigned Chapter authors (see below for current status). However, everyone is invited to open and edit the slides to help ensure we have a completed deliverable for the next call. The slides can be found here:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!799&ithint=file%2cpptx&app=PowerPoint&authkey=!AMPIqg6TBlScFUI
Each chapter should end up being somewhere between 8 and 10 slides including the “Check Your Understanding” slide. Please feel free to edit the content of any chapter and hide any slide you think is unnecessary. We can also add blank placeholder slides for individual company processes, to both show that we expect companies to customise, and to help underline that our curriculum material alone is not enough for a solid process.

== Check your understanding ==

The slides are currently split into 12 “chapters” and we will add a one slide “check your understanding” mini-test to end each chapter. Here is an example of the type of thing we are looking for in the “check your understanding” slides taken from Chapter 7, End-to-End Compliance Management:
<Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 10.55.18 AM.png>

The current status of each chapter is below. If there is a question mark next to your name it means I do not know the status of your review:
<Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 10.49.45 AM.png>
You can update your status on our Wiki page:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/curriculum

Regards

Shane
On Jul 19, 2016, at 8:31 AM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Thank you very much for your work, Arnold. Much appreciated to have these improvements to the chapter to help take us another step closer to the October release.

Regards

Shane

On Jul 18, 2016, at 6:13 AM, Niessen, Arnold <arnold.niessen@...> wrote:

Dear Shane, all,

Thanks for all the valuable preparation in setting this up.

I am afraid I can’t join the (for me nightly) call tomorrow.

As I think I can’t edit the review status page, I’ll provide some comment on my changes in section 10,
-I slightly condensed the section
-I propose to rename “Lessons Learned” to “Lessons Learned from Disputes”.
-and added some miscellaneous remarks

Formatting isn’t consistent, but getting it consistent is likely an overall exercise anyway.

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,
Arnold Niessen
IP Counsel
Nederlands Octrooigemachtigde / European Patent Attorney
Philips Intellectual Property & Standards

High Tech Campus 5.5.0.41, 5656 AE, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Mail Address: P.O. Box 220, 5600 AE Eindhoven, The Netherlands
GSM/SMS: +31 6 1177 3134 (Mobex 93837)
E-mail: arnold.niessen@...
Assistant: Sandra Hermans, +31 6 5282 4722 (mobex 95034)
Intranet: pww.ips.philips.com
Internet: www.ip.philips.com
Free on Wednesdays

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Shane Martin Coughlan
Sent: donderdag 23 juni 2016 8:44
To: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] Curriculum next steps

Dear OpenChain Curriculum volunteers

As discussed on our recent meeting we have around 175 slides that need to be refined into about 100 slides for circa 3 hour delivery. The slides are currently split into 12 “chapters” and we will add a one slide “check your understanding” mini-test to end each chapter. We will assign one “chapter” to each explicit OpenChain Curriculum volunteer for this editing process. Coincidentally we have twelve volunteers:
Dave Marr
Jilayne Lovejoy
Kate Stewart
Ramesh Jain
Shane Coughlan
Tom Arcidiacono
Gary O'Neall
Hung Chang
Catharina Maracke
Arnold Niessen
Mark Radcliffe
Nathan Kumagai

I have taken the liberty of randomly assigning chapters to every volunteer for review:
<image002.png>

Each chapter should end up being somewhere between 8 and 10 slides including the “Check Your Understanding” slide. Please feel free to edit the content of your assigned chapter and hide any slide you think is unnecessary. We can also add blank placeholder slides for individual company processes, to both show that we expect companies to customise, and to help underline that our curriculum material alone is not enough for a solid process.

Thanks to Kate we have a page on the wiki to track our progress:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/curriculum

Here is the direct link to our slides:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!799&ithint=file%2cpptx&app=PowerPoint&authkey=!AMPIqg6TBlScFUI

If anyone has any objections to the above process and assignments please let me know. Otherwise, let’s proceed and aim to circle back before our next call on the third Monday on July. Prior to that I hope that our editing will be substantially complete and we can discuss a simple mapping of Curriculum slide chapters to the Specification.

Regards

Shane


On Jun 16, 2016, at 9:57 PM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Dear all

In advance of our call next Monday please find the latest version of our draft slides here:
https://1drv.ms/p/s!AsXJVqby5kpnhh_DyKoOkwZUnBVC

Please note this is a “living document” and everyone should feel free to jump in, refine and improve.

Our source material can be found here:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!709&authkey=!APTnTvWbiPQLJsc&ithint=folder%2cdoc

Thank you once again to everyone who contributed slides under CC-0 and thank you in advance to everyone who will help us refine the initial OpenChain Curriculum slides over the coming month.

Regards

Shane


On Jun 6, 2016, at 9:34 PM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Hi Arnold, thank you very much for your contribution!

All, the various slides and handout materials are now uploaded here:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!709&authkey=!APTnTvWbiPQLJsc&ithint=folder%2cdoc

The current goal is to place the core content from the various slides into the 'OpenChain-Curriculum-Core-Open-Source-Compliance-SLIDES/pptx’ document. Everyone should be able to open and edit files without signing in.

Later we will circle back to the two handout files to create our OpenChain handout.

Regards

Shane


On Jun 3, 2016, at 21:49 , Niessen, Arnold <arnold.niessen@...> wrote:

Dear Shane, all,

Could you please add me to the list too? The calls are at a slightly difficult time (2am CET) but I'd still like to contribute where I can.

I have seen some very high quality materials already. I'd like to attach one of our internal documents that doesn't have too much overlap with the previous materials. This document tries to catch most of the compliance obligations at a high level in a few pages but without explaining any background, so it isn't overwhelming from its size, but it aims to whet the appetite for the background materials.

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,
Arnold Niessen
IP Counsel
Nederlands Octrooigemachtigde / European Patent Attorney
Philips Intellectual Property & Standards

High Tech Campus 5.5.0.41, 5656 AE, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Mail Address: P.O. Box 220, 5600 AE Eindhoven, The Netherlands
GSM/SMS: +31 6 1177 3134 (Mobex 93837)
E-mail: arnold.niessen@...
Assistant: Sandra Hermans, +31 6 5282 4722 (mobex 95034)
Intranet: pww.ips.philips.com
Internet: www.ip.philips.com
Free on Wednesdays

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@...[mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Shane Martin Coughlan
Sent: dinsdag 24 mei 2016 4:22
To: Marr, David <dmarr@...>
Cc: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] Curriculum next steps

Hi Dave

Thanks for confirming!

The list of people who have explicitly stepped forward to participate in building out the curriculum so far is:
Dave Marr
Jilayne Lovejoy
Kate Stewart
Ramesh Jain
Shane Coughlan
Tom Arcidiacono
If anyone else is interested in contributing just message me or step into our calls and drafting at any point.

All, the donated slides from Dave (Qualcomm) and Ibrahim (Samsung) have been uploaded to OneDrive and can be edited by anyone without any log-in via this URL:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!801&authkey=!AALECDkajmrhNWw&ithint=folder%2c

There are three files:
(1) Dave’s slides
(2) Ibrahim’s slide
(3) A placeholder document for the OpenChain Curriculum Core Open Source Compliance slides

As per our last call, the Curriculum Work Team aims to:
(A) Review (1) and (2) to remove any corporate branding or extra slides
(B) Combine them into (3)
(C) Before working on reducing the slide count to result in a presentation that takes less than an hour.

We are going to aim to get the first rough cut ready in time for our next call in the third week of June. The end result should support the goals outlined here:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/_media/openchain/openchainspec-2016-05-16-1.pdf
In particular, we want to help support Section 1.2, the 'Mandatory FOSS training’ requirements. Ideally our slides would help people get started in this area.

The process is simple. Just open the link, click a file, and select “Edit in Browser” to get started. I am personally going to get started on (A) later this week and would appreciate help to trim any remaining corporate branding or slides which are unnecessary.

Of course we are still accepting submissions of additional material so just reach out if you want to donate under CC-0.

Regards

Shane

NOTE #1: Why OneDrive and PowerPoint Online? The original slides were in PowerPoint format. A search for online systems with easy import and collaborative editing of these documents resulted in a shortlist of Google Slides or PowerPoint Online. PowerPoint Online appears to work in China while Google services are more challenging to access. If anyone strongly wants us to use another system I am happy to discuss that too.

NOTE #2: Why a public link that anyone can access? Because we want to encourage everyone to step in and lend a hand. Our goal, as per the minutes from the last call, is to make a simple, clear set of slides to support Open Source compliance in the context of OpenChain, and to help “on-board” people into both compliance best practice and deployment of OpenChain.


On May 22, 2016, at 7:00 AM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:

Shane please add me as a member of the curriculum work team.

Thanks,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@...[mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Shane Martin Coughlan
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 10:51 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] Curriculum next steps

Dear OpenChain project members

Thank you to everyone who contributed to our last call and to many others who expressed interest in contributing to our curriculum work team.

The specific proposals to launch the work team were:
(1) We provide high level process management slides that can be adopted and expanded by any company seeking to undertake Open Source compliance;
(2) We will create the first iteration of these slides in a three month (3 call) window, with most of the actual work happening offline;
(3) We re-use existing material that is available (or can be made available) under a CC-0 license;
(4) We keep things simple to make adoption, translation and understand as straightforward as possible.

These proposals were accepted by the curriculum work team members present.

What this means for the team is:
(1) An initial version of the slides going online for editing next week;
(2) The team working on the slides for the next month to prepare the first draft;
(3) Review of the slides will take place on our second call to assess status and where we need to focus energy;
(4) The subsequent month will apply focus to these points before resulting in our first deliverable for consideration in the third call.

I will send an email next week with details of how we will collaborate online.

Regards

Shane
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain

________________________________
The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
<20160603_Readme_for_SourceCode_WrittenOffer_Licenses_Acknowledgements.doc>


_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Canceled Event: OpenChain (Specification & Conformance ) @ Mon Oct 3, 2016 11am - 12pm (CDT) (kstewart@linuxfoundation.org)

Kate Stewart
 

This event has been canceled and removed from your calendar.

OpenChain (Specification & Conformance )

Welcome to the Open Chain call for the Specification & Certification working groups

Agenda and Minutes: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart
Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470
Alternate number: 512-910-4433
No PIN needed

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:
https://www.uberconference.com/international
for the specific country numbers.

1. Dial the local number based on your location.
2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

When
Mon Oct 3, 2016 11am – 12pm Central Time
Where
https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart (map)
Calendar
kstewart@...
Who
Kate Stewart - organizer
oliver.fendt@...
Mans Gunnarsson
dmarr@...
hung.chang@...
jbuttura@...
miriam.ballhausen@...
Mark.Gisi@...
shane@...
jilayne.lovejoy@...
openchain@...
ibrahim.h@...
mikeyang@...
mans.gunnerson@...
eileen.evans@...
kellyw@...
gunnar.nilsson@...
cmaracke@...

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


[Update] OpenChain (Specification & Conformance )

Kate Stewart
 

The October 3rd meeting will be cancelled as we'll be meeting in person in Berlin this week.

OpenChain (Specification & Conformance )

Welcome to the Open Chain call for the Specification & Certification working groups

Agenda and Minutes: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart
Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470
Alternate number: 512-910-4433
No PIN needed

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:
https://www.uberconference.com/international
for the specific country numbers.

1. Dial the local number based on your location.
2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

When
Mon Oct 3, 2016 11am – 12pm Central Time
Where
https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart (map)
Who
Kate Stewart - organizer
mikeyang@...
eileen.evans@...
ibrahim.h@...
Mark.Gisi@...
dmarr@...
kellyw@...
gunnar.nilsson@...
jilayne.lovejoy@...
mans.gunnerson@...
hung.chang@...
Mans Gunnarsson
shane@...
cmaracke@...
jbuttura@...
oliver.fendt@...
miriam.ballhausen@...
openchain@...


OpenChain: Pre-Event in Berlin

Miriam Ballhausen <Miriam.Ballhausen@...>
 

Hi everyone,

as Dave mentioned, we’ll have a pre-event the evening before LinuxCon Europe, that is the evening of October 3rd. Here's what we have planned for that evening:


(Optional) 4:00 p.m.: first pick up at LinuxCon venue (Miriam) - trip to Berlin Wall Memorial via Potsdamer Platz and so-called “ghost stations"

4:45 p.m.: guided tour through Berlin Wall Memorial (
http://www.berliner-mauer-gedenkstaette.de/en/) - afterwards: walk to dinner location

5:45 a.m.: second pick up at LinuxCon venue (Catharina)

6:30 p.m.: arrival at dinner location (KatzOrange, Bergstraße 22, 10115 Berlin)

7:00 p.m.: dinner

(Optional): 9:30 p.m.: late night special visit to TV tower (about 15/20 minute walk from dinner venue) - see festival of lights at Alexanderplatz and Brandenburg Gate (EUR 14,- p.p.; we can try and get the tickets that same evening, but I’d suggest to pre-order them online before)

afterwards: catch the Bus 200 from Alexanderplatz which takes you back to the LinuxCon event venue (stop right in front of it) and goes by many sights (e.g. Museums Insel, Unter den Linden, Potsdamer Platz; bus leaves appr. every 15 minutes).

 

Berlin Wall Memorial:

I copied the link to their website above. The memorial is located in the area around the former checkpoint Bornholmer Straße, which was for West Berliners, citizens of the Federal Republic, GDR citizens, and diplomats (by road). It was also the first to open in 1989. The wall is partially intact in that area and we have a guide who’ll walk us through the area in about an hour.

 

 

Dinner location:

The Katz Orange serves what they call "slow food". It's a mix of traditional Berlin dishes and modern cuisine. You can check out their menu at www.katzorange.com/menu. We'll pre-order a selection of dishes to share and try for everyone. Please let me know, if we need to keep special requests in mind (e.g. glutenfree etc.).

 

 

Transportation:

Berlin Wall Memorial and dinner location, as well as the TV tower and Brandenburg Gate are in the eastern part of Berlin, while the LinuxCon event location is in the west. So, we'll need to get across town. Catharina and I will pick up those, who want to use public transportation (first pick up at 4 p.m., second pick up at 5:45 p.m.). Tickets cost EUR 2,70 p.p. and one way. So, if you join the group at the LinuxCon event venue and want to take the Bus 200 from Alexanderplatz back to the hotel, transportation will cost EUR 5,40. The tickets can be bought on the bus. However, to avoid the "real" Berlin experience (being snapped at by the bus driver), Catharina and I will have a couple of tickets at hand.

Of course, there also cabs. However, as October 3rd is the national holiday in Germany, chances of getting stuck in traffic are rather high.

If you want to join the pre-event, please get in touch with Kelly Williams (cc.) and also let me know:

  • if you'll join the group for the first pick up plus visit to Berlin Wall Memorial or the second pick up going directly to the dinner location
  • if you need tickets for public transportation (one way or two ways)
  • if you want to attend any optional events (e.g. TV tower) and would like to pre-order tickets.

Looking forward to seeing you in Berlin!

 

Miriam

 

--

Dr. Miriam Ballhausen

Legal Counsel

 

Telefon: +49 30 200 566 205

Mobil: +49 173 38 567 56
miriam.ballhausen@...

 

 

Alte Jakobstraße 85/86,
10179 Berlin
Deutschland

Telefonzentrale +49 30 200 566 0 Fax +49 30 200 566 1 


www.lumesse.de

 

 

Lumesse

 

 

Lumesse GmbH,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamborner Straße 51, 40472 Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 40857
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Carsten Busch, Michael Hunt.

 


: Next Call September 6

Miriam Ballhausen <Miriam.Ballhausen@...>
 

Hi everyone,

 

please find attached the slides for our next call on Tuesday September 6, 2016, as well as the Conformance Check document.

 

Gary, thank you for your input regarding the use cases. I moved the content from your google document to an etherpad document, which can be accessed here: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/OpenChainConformance. I changed the wording to align with the specification and also added some introductory or explanatory texts, which I’d like to discuss during our next call. Finally, I suggest to break use case 1.2 up into two use cases: partially completed conformance check and “pick up where you left of”. What do you think?

 

Looking forward to talking to you on Tuesday.

Miriam

 

--

Dr. Miriam Ballhausen

Legal Counsel

 

Telefon: +49 30 200 566 205

Mobil: +49 173 38 567 56
miriam.ballhausen@...

 

 

Alte Jakobstraße 85/86,
10179 Berlin
Deutschland

Telefonzentrale +49 30 200 566 0 Fax +49 30 200 566 1 


www.lumesse.de

 

 

Lumesse

 

 

Lumesse GmbH,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamborner Straße 51, 40472 Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 40857
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Carsten Busch, Michael Hunt.

 


Re: Curriculum next steps

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>
 

Dear all

We have seen substantial progress on the slides with a particular focus on chapter 2, 3 and 6. There is now a final draft version of 142 slides ready for review here:
https://1drv.ms/p/s!AsXJVqby5kpnhjz7p9yryf8MJUPJ

Final items to add are the “check your understanding” items to chapters and then to place the slides into a unified template.

Can anyone assist with adding “check your understanding” items?

Regards

Shane

On Aug 25, 2016, at 11:43 PM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Dear OpenChain Curriculum volunteers

Chapter 8 is complete, Chapter 9 and 11 are under review. The slides can be found here:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!799&ithint=file%2cpptx&app=PowerPoint&authkey=!AMPIqg6TBlScFUI

I would like to put out a call to everyone to assist with completing the other chapters ahead of our next meeting. If you can contribute some time within the next two weeks please let me know so that I can help assign chapters that may benefit from the most review.

Regards

Shane

On Aug 18, 2016, at 12:59 PM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Dear OpenChain Curriculum volunteers

Our status is that the summer vacation pushed us a little behind schedule. However, we are still on-target for an October launch at LinuxCon Europe.

I would like to put out a general call for help in editing and refining our slides during the next month. We need to do two things:
(1) Reduce the overall slide count to around 100 slides from the current 177. This is less daunting than it sounds as there is a lot of duplication or slide consolidation possible.
(2) Help add a single “Check your understanding” slide with five or so bullet point questions to the end of the 11 primary chapters. Some are complete but around half need to be added.

Please dive in and edit freely. We can easily revert any mistakes or removals if needed.

The slides can be found here:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!799&ithint=file%2cpptx&app=PowerPoint&authkey=!AMPIqg6TBlScFUI

Regards

Shane

On Jul 19, 2016, at 11:11 AM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Dear OpenChain Curriculum volunteers

Thank you to everyone who attended our discussion on the 18th July to review the slides.

== Outcomes ==

(1) Each chapter is substantially complete. We currently have around 194 slides that need to be refined into about 100 slides for circa 3 hour delivery.
(2) We will “be brave” in condensing material to make it as simple as possible, so everyone should feel free to jump in and condense and/or simplify language.
(3) Where content is deleted from slides we will move it into slide notes to ensure presenters can have context. This is because we cannot assume a level of knowledge for the reader/presenter. We need to facilitate everything from low to high.
(4) We need to add “check your understanding” to most chapters (see below for reference material from Chapter 7). This will ensure each module can work as a stand-alone mini-segment. For the same reason it would be ideal if each chapter could start with a high-level summary.
(5) The status of each chapter is based on reports from assigned Chapter authors (see below for current status). However, everyone is invited to open and edit the slides to help ensure we have a completed deliverable for the next call. The slides can be found here:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!799&ithint=file%2cpptx&app=PowerPoint&authkey=!AMPIqg6TBlScFUI
Each chapter should end up being somewhere between 8 and 10 slides including the “Check Your Understanding” slide. Please feel free to edit the content of any chapter and hide any slide you think is unnecessary. We can also add blank placeholder slides for individual company processes, to both show that we expect companies to customise, and to help underline that our curriculum material alone is not enough for a solid process.

== Check your understanding ==

The slides are currently split into 12 “chapters” and we will add a one slide “check your understanding” mini-test to end each chapter. Here is an example of the type of thing we are looking for in the “check your understanding” slides taken from Chapter 7, End-to-End Compliance Management:
<Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 10.55.18 AM.png>

The current status of each chapter is below. If there is a question mark next to your name it means I do not know the status of your review:
<Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 10.49.45 AM.png>
You can update your status on our Wiki page:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/curriculum

Regards

Shane
On Jul 19, 2016, at 8:31 AM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Thank you very much for your work, Arnold. Much appreciated to have these improvements to the chapter to help take us another step closer to the October release.

Regards

Shane

On Jul 18, 2016, at 6:13 AM, Niessen, Arnold <arnold.niessen@...> wrote:

Dear Shane, all,

Thanks for all the valuable preparation in setting this up.

I am afraid I can’t join the (for me nightly) call tomorrow.

As I think I can’t edit the review status page, I’ll provide some comment on my changes in section 10,
-I slightly condensed the section
-I propose to rename “Lessons Learned” to “Lessons Learned from Disputes”.
-and added some miscellaneous remarks

Formatting isn’t consistent, but getting it consistent is likely an overall exercise anyway.

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,
Arnold Niessen
IP Counsel
Nederlands Octrooigemachtigde / European Patent Attorney
Philips Intellectual Property & Standards

High Tech Campus 5.5.0.41, 5656 AE, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Mail Address: P.O. Box 220, 5600 AE Eindhoven, The Netherlands
GSM/SMS: +31 6 1177 3134 (Mobex 93837)
E-mail: arnold.niessen@...
Assistant: Sandra Hermans, +31 6 5282 4722 (mobex 95034)
Intranet: pww.ips.philips.com
Internet: www.ip.philips.com
Free on Wednesdays

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Shane Martin Coughlan
Sent: donderdag 23 juni 2016 8:44
To: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] Curriculum next steps

Dear OpenChain Curriculum volunteers

As discussed on our recent meeting we have around 175 slides that need to be refined into about 100 slides for circa 3 hour delivery. The slides are currently split into 12 “chapters” and we will add a one slide “check your understanding” mini-test to end each chapter. We will assign one “chapter” to each explicit OpenChain Curriculum volunteer for this editing process. Coincidentally we have twelve volunteers:
Dave Marr
Jilayne Lovejoy
Kate Stewart
Ramesh Jain
Shane Coughlan
Tom Arcidiacono
Gary O'Neall
Hung Chang
Catharina Maracke
Arnold Niessen
Mark Radcliffe
Nathan Kumagai

I have taken the liberty of randomly assigning chapters to every volunteer for review:
<image002.png>

Each chapter should end up being somewhere between 8 and 10 slides including the “Check Your Understanding” slide. Please feel free to edit the content of your assigned chapter and hide any slide you think is unnecessary. We can also add blank placeholder slides for individual company processes, to both show that we expect companies to customise, and to help underline that our curriculum material alone is not enough for a solid process.

Thanks to Kate we have a page on the wiki to track our progress:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/curriculum

Here is the direct link to our slides:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!799&ithint=file%2cpptx&app=PowerPoint&authkey=!AMPIqg6TBlScFUI

If anyone has any objections to the above process and assignments please let me know. Otherwise, let’s proceed and aim to circle back before our next call on the third Monday on July. Prior to that I hope that our editing will be substantially complete and we can discuss a simple mapping of Curriculum slide chapters to the Specification.

Regards

Shane


On Jun 16, 2016, at 9:57 PM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Dear all

In advance of our call next Monday please find the latest version of our draft slides here:
https://1drv.ms/p/s!AsXJVqby5kpnhh_DyKoOkwZUnBVC

Please note this is a “living document” and everyone should feel free to jump in, refine and improve.

Our source material can be found here:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!709&authkey=!APTnTvWbiPQLJsc&ithint=folder%2cdoc

Thank you once again to everyone who contributed slides under CC-0 and thank you in advance to everyone who will help us refine the initial OpenChain Curriculum slides over the coming month.

Regards

Shane


On Jun 6, 2016, at 9:34 PM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Hi Arnold, thank you very much for your contribution!

All, the various slides and handout materials are now uploaded here:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!709&authkey=!APTnTvWbiPQLJsc&ithint=folder%2cdoc

The current goal is to place the core content from the various slides into the 'OpenChain-Curriculum-Core-Open-Source-Compliance-SLIDES/pptx’ document. Everyone should be able to open and edit files without signing in.

Later we will circle back to the two handout files to create our OpenChain handout.

Regards

Shane


On Jun 3, 2016, at 21:49 , Niessen, Arnold <arnold.niessen@...> wrote:

Dear Shane, all,

Could you please add me to the list too? The calls are at a slightly difficult time (2am CET) but I'd still like to contribute where I can.

I have seen some very high quality materials already. I'd like to attach one of our internal documents that doesn't have too much overlap with the previous materials. This document tries to catch most of the compliance obligations at a high level in a few pages but without explaining any background, so it isn't overwhelming from its size, but it aims to whet the appetite for the background materials.

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,
Arnold Niessen
IP Counsel
Nederlands Octrooigemachtigde / European Patent Attorney
Philips Intellectual Property & Standards

High Tech Campus 5.5.0.41, 5656 AE, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Mail Address: P.O. Box 220, 5600 AE Eindhoven, The Netherlands
GSM/SMS: +31 6 1177 3134 (Mobex 93837)
E-mail: arnold.niessen@...
Assistant: Sandra Hermans, +31 6 5282 4722 (mobex 95034)
Intranet: pww.ips.philips.com
Internet: www.ip.philips.com
Free on Wednesdays

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@...[mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Shane Martin Coughlan
Sent: dinsdag 24 mei 2016 4:22
To: Marr, David <dmarr@...>
Cc: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] Curriculum next steps

Hi Dave

Thanks for confirming!

The list of people who have explicitly stepped forward to participate in building out the curriculum so far is:
Dave Marr
Jilayne Lovejoy
Kate Stewart
Ramesh Jain
Shane Coughlan
Tom Arcidiacono
If anyone else is interested in contributing just message me or step into our calls and drafting at any point.

All, the donated slides from Dave (Qualcomm) and Ibrahim (Samsung) have been uploaded to OneDrive and can be edited by anyone without any log-in via this URL:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!801&authkey=!AALECDkajmrhNWw&ithint=folder%2c

There are three files:
(1) Dave’s slides
(2) Ibrahim’s slide
(3) A placeholder document for the OpenChain Curriculum Core Open Source Compliance slides

As per our last call, the Curriculum Work Team aims to:
(A) Review (1) and (2) to remove any corporate branding or extra slides
(B) Combine them into (3)
(C) Before working on reducing the slide count to result in a presentation that takes less than an hour.

We are going to aim to get the first rough cut ready in time for our next call in the third week of June. The end result should support the goals outlined here:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/_media/openchain/openchainspec-2016-05-16-1.pdf
In particular, we want to help support Section 1.2, the 'Mandatory FOSS training’ requirements. Ideally our slides would help people get started in this area.

The process is simple. Just open the link, click a file, and select “Edit in Browser” to get started. I am personally going to get started on (A) later this week and would appreciate help to trim any remaining corporate branding or slides which are unnecessary.

Of course we are still accepting submissions of additional material so just reach out if you want to donate under CC-0.

Regards

Shane

NOTE #1: Why OneDrive and PowerPoint Online? The original slides were in PowerPoint format. A search for online systems with easy import and collaborative editing of these documents resulted in a shortlist of Google Slides or PowerPoint Online. PowerPoint Online appears to work in China while Google services are more challenging to access. If anyone strongly wants us to use another system I am happy to discuss that too.

NOTE #2: Why a public link that anyone can access? Because we want to encourage everyone to step in and lend a hand. Our goal, as per the minutes from the last call, is to make a simple, clear set of slides to support Open Source compliance in the context of OpenChain, and to help “on-board” people into both compliance best practice and deployment of OpenChain.


On May 22, 2016, at 7:00 AM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:

Shane please add me as a member of the curriculum work team.

Thanks,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@...[mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Shane Martin Coughlan
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 10:51 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] Curriculum next steps

Dear OpenChain project members

Thank you to everyone who contributed to our last call and to many others who expressed interest in contributing to our curriculum work team.

The specific proposals to launch the work team were:
(1) We provide high level process management slides that can be adopted and expanded by any company seeking to undertake Open Source compliance;
(2) We will create the first iteration of these slides in a three month (3 call) window, with most of the actual work happening offline;
(3) We re-use existing material that is available (or can be made available) under a CC-0 license;
(4) We keep things simple to make adoption, translation and understand as straightforward as possible.

These proposals were accepted by the curriculum work team members present.

What this means for the team is:
(1) An initial version of the slides going online for editing next week;
(2) The team working on the slides for the next month to prepare the first draft;
(3) Review of the slides will take place on our second call to assess status and where we need to focus energy;
(4) The subsequent month will apply focus to these points before resulting in our first deliverable for consideration in the third call.

I will send an email next week with details of how we will collaborate online.

Regards

Shane
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain

________________________________
The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
<20160603_Readme_for_SourceCode_WrittenOffer_Licenses_Acknowledgements.doc>


_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: Reminder: OpenChain Specification FAQ review

Mark Gisi
 

Thanks Till. Updates have been made to the FAQ list to address both of your comments. More specifically, on 1. I added the following definition:

The expression "quality FOSS compliance artifacts" needs some explanation.
The following definition was added:
FOSS compliance artifacts consisted of: source code, build scripts, license copies, attributes notices, modification notices and other materials FOSS licenses governing a software deliverable may require.


- Mark


-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Till Jaeger
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 10:38 AM
To: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] Reminder: OpenChain Specification FAQ review



Am 26.08.2016 um 19:29 schrieb Gisi, Mark:
Reminder: The OpenChain specification *FAQ* *list* can be found here:

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/spec-faq



The /FAQ content is currently under review/ and your feedback is requested.
Some short remarks:

1.
"What is the objective of the of the of the OpenChain specification?"

The expression "quality FOSS compliance artifacts" needs some explanation.

2.
"How was the specification developed?"

Something is wrong with point 1: "Ordered List ItemKnow your Free"

Missing link for "The Supplier License Compliance Audit (SLCA)"

3.
FAQ "What is the Supplier License Compliance Audit (SLCA) for? would be helpful.

Otherwise, it looks good to me.

Best,

Till




We plan on finalizing the FAQ list at the next Spec working group
meeting on September 6^th .



Best,

- Mark





*Mark Gisi | Wind River | Director, IP & Open Source ***

*Tel (510) 749-2016 | Fax (510) 749-4552*





_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: Reminder: OpenChain Specification FAQ review

Till Jaeger
 

Am 26.08.2016 um 19:29 schrieb Gisi, Mark:
Reminder: The OpenChain specification *FAQ* *list* can be found here:

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/spec-faq



The /FAQ content is currently under review/ and your feedback is requested.
Some short remarks:

1.
"What is the objective of the of the of the OpenChain specification?"

The expression "quality FOSS compliance artifacts" needs some explanation.

2.
"How was the specification developed?"

Something is wrong with point 1: "Ordered List ItemKnow your Free"

Missing link for "The Supplier License Compliance Audit (SLCA)"

3.
FAQ "What is the Supplier License Compliance Audit (SLCA) for? would be helpful.

Otherwise, it looks good to me.

Best,

Till




We plan on finalizing the FAQ list at the next Spec working group meeting on
September 6^th .



Best,

- Mark





*Mark Gisi | Wind River | Director, IP & Open Source ***

*Tel (510) 749-2016 | Fax (510) 749-4552*





_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain

4361 - 4380 of 4814