From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Dave Marr
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2022 9:11 AM
To: main@...
Subject: Re: [openchain] Timezone management for our community

For me having a push model where a calendar invite attachment is emailed, does all the work and is ideal.

Von: main@... <main@...> im Auftrag von Sebastian Crane via lists.openchainproject.org <seabass-labrax=gmx.com@...>
Datum: Mittwoch, 9. März 2022 um 17:58
An: main@... <main@...>

Dear all,

On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 10:11:19AM +0100, Carlo Piana wrote:
> Technically, there are two correct ways to announce times:
>
> a) UTC only. Everybody should know in which timezone they are, do the math: 12:00 UTC - You are in UTC +1 -> 13:00
>
> b) UTC + timeshift. Same as above, but a bit more complicated, one should do more math: 12:00 UTC-7 - I am at UTC+1 = +8 hours = 20:00.

Yes please for option A! I'm in Britain, so UTC is particularly
convenient, but I prefer it even when Britain is observing Summer
Time.

Best wishes,

Sebastian

Re: Timezone management for our community

Sebastian Crane

Dear all,

On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 10:11:19AM +0100, Carlo Piana wrote:
Technically, there are two correct ways to announce times:

a) UTC only. Everybody should know in which timezone they are, do the math: 12:00 UTC - You are in UTC +1 -> 13:00

b) UTC + timeshift. Same as above, but a bit more complicated, one should do more math: 12:00 UTC-7 - I am at UTC+1 = +8 hours = 20:00.
Yes please for option A! I'm in Britain, so UTC is particularly
convenient, but I prefer it even when Britain is observing Summer
Time.

Best wishes,

Sebastian

Re: Timezone management for our community

Matija Šuklje

Die 9. 03. 22 et hora 10:11 scripsisti:

> Technically, there are two correct ways to announce times:

+1 to everything Carlo wrote. In the increasingly digital and global world people simply need to get used to UTC.

cheers,

Matija

--

gsm:    tel:+386.41.849.552

www:    https://matija.suklje.name

xmpp:    matija.suklje@...

matrix:    @silverhook:matrix.org

Re: Timezone management for our community

Carlo Piana

Shane, all,

Technically, there are two correct ways to announce times:

a) UTC only. Everybody should know in which timezone they are, do the math: 12:00 UTC - You are in UTC +1 -> 13:00

b) UTC + timeshift. Same as above, but a bit more complicated, one should do more math: 12:00 UTC-7 - I am at UTC+1 = +8 hours = 20:00.

Therefore, the best way is to announce UTC only, unless the event is mainly for those in one or two timezones. You also avoid the usual madness of DST switching in different days even in the same timezone and in different ways north/south (se Japan/Australia, eg).

And please, PLEASE!, never in am-pm. Day is of 24 hours. See above, case b, what happens if you do am-pm.

So my suggestion is to have always UTC in the object line and complement that with a bunch of courtesy translation in some populuar timezones. I had even made a script that does the same thing as Worldtimebuddy or Timeandate.

Cheers

Carlo

Von: main@... <main@...> im Auftrag von Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org<scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Datum: Freitag, 15. Oktober 2021 um 08:46
An: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Cc: Mark Gisi <mark.gisi@...>
Betreff: Re: [openchain] OpenChain Mini-Summit - Reviewing Our Security Assurance Guide - Starts in ~30 minutes via Zoom

Thank you Chris!

Flagging for Mark (CC) for review.

On Oct 8, 2021, at 23:50, Christopher Wood <cvw01@...> wrote:

Shane
I had a few thoughts for consideration so I added them to the OpenChain Security Assurance Guide V1 attached. I made the additions or suggested changes with the MS Word Tracking mode on so you should be able to see the bars in the left side margin.

Regards
Chris

On Thursday, September 30, 2021, 03:23:52 PM CDT, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

All welcome as Mark Gisi leads us through next steps in the security assurance guide for ISO 5230.
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Learn more about the current guide here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/08/12/openchain-iso-5230-security-assurance-reference-guide-now-available

<OpenChainSecurityAssuranceGuide.1.0-2021a_rcw.docx>

OpenChain @ Cybeats Powerhouse Perspectives

Open source, security, supply chain, sustainability. In this informal discussion we had a chance to cover it all.
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/03/03/openchain-cybeats-powerhouse-perspectives

Re: OpenChain Mini-Summit - Reviewing Our Security Assurance Guide - Starts in ~30 minutes via Zoom

Jan Thielscher

Von: main@... <main@...> im Auftrag von Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Datum: Freitag, 15. Oktober 2021 um 08:46
An: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Cc: Mark Gisi <mark.gisi@...>

Thank you Chris!

Flagging for Mark (CC) for review.

> On Oct 8, 2021, at 23:50, Christopher Wood <cvw01@...> wrote:
>
> Shane
> I had a few thoughts for consideration so I added them to the OpenChain Security Assurance Guide V1 attached.  I made the additions or suggested changes with the MS Word Tracking mode on so you should be able to see the bars in the left side margin.
>
> Regards
> Chris
>
> On Thursday, September 30, 2021, 03:23:52 PM CDT, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
>

> All welcome as Mark Gisi leads us through next steps in the security assurance guide for ISO 5230.
> https://zoom.us/j/4377592799
>
> Learn more about the current guide here:
> https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/08/12/openchain-iso-5230-security-assurance-reference-guide-now-available
>

> <OpenChainSecurityAssuranceGuide.1.0-2021a_rcw.docx>

LFC194 online course preparation

A reminder that our final editing session for the new training course happens in about an hour. Your help to close this is deeply appreciated 😊