Date

Re: [education] REMINDER: Tomorrow we go big on making new playbooks - be part of this

Balakrishna Mukundaraj

Hello Team,

Thank you for participating in the kickoff meeting of our new addition to the OpenChain project playbooks series.

In today's discussion we decided on the following actions:
1. We will initially start working full fledged on a Small size company playbook, and any relevant data we find for Large size playbook we shall copy them on to the respective documents, and then we can review the content on that once small size company playbook is shared for review.
2. Target Release date is December OSS summit Japan, similar to last year. so technically the documents should be ready by 1st week of December.
3. We will use google-docs as our platform for collaboration until we find a suitable platform that is accessible in all regions without any restrictions or commercial licenses.

Kindly share your opinion/feedback on our plan of action.

Looking forward to collaborating with all and successfully releasing these documents :)

Please find the link below, where you can access the playbooks for Small size company and Large size company

I have also attached a copy of both the documents for all our colleagues who may not be able to access google documents

Thanks & Regards,
Balakrishna M

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 9:35 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
In late 2021 we released a playbook showing how adoption of OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230 can work for medium-sized companies:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/12/16/playbook-medium-company

We had some great feedback around this playbook and we want to circle back to expand on options for the community. Long story short: it is time to work on small company and large company playbooks.

We would super value your help in making sure these playbooks are as useful as possible.

Join us Aug 3, 2022 14:00 IST (08:30 UTC) to get this process underway. It will be an Education Work Group meeting lead by our chair, Balakrishna. All welcome!

Register for the event here:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XsNrdACxQ7i6FCHwdKCOHA

REMINDER: Tomorrow we go big on making new playbooks - be part of this

In late 2021 we released a playbook showing how adoption of OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230 can work for medium-sized companies:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/12/16/playbook-medium-company

We had some great feedback around this playbook and we want to circle back to expand on options for the community. Long story short: it is time to work on small company and large company playbooks.

We would super value your help in making sure these playbooks are as useful as possible.

Join us Aug 3, 2022 14:00 IST (08:30 UTC) to get this process underway. It will be an Education Work Group meeting lead by our chair, Balakrishna. All welcome!

Register for the event here:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XsNrdACxQ7i6FCHwdKCOHA

KKCompany Receives The First OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230 Third-Party Certification in Taiwan

Big news from our friends in Taiwan:

KKCompany, a leading media technology group in Asia, today received the first OpenChain ISO / IEC 5230 third-party certification in Taiwan. KKCompany is cooperating with Open Culture Foundation (OCF) and Bureau Veritas to successfully meet certification requirements. Together with KKBOX, KKStream, and other relevant business units in the group, KKCompany delivers innovative products and services with open source technologies. It also sponsors open source communities and incentivizes employees to contribute their technical experiences. KKCompany will continue to support communities. With open and sharing in mind, it is committed to a trustworthy software supply chain and an open source ecosystem with technology partners.
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/08/01/kkcompany-certification

OpenChain Call to Action: Playbooks

Sean McIlroy (LF, PM)

Dear members,

In this meeting, we'll discuss activities on building and publishing playbooks for small and large companies. This is a follow-up to our medium-scale company playbook that was released last year.

1. We're currently seeing new small sized companies flourish, and this playbook aims to support them.

2. Many large companies and organisations submit ISO/IEC 5230:2020 compliance, with few having a similar OSS compliance setup. Reviewing previous use cases, this playbook will offer guidance, support and steps to aid future submission.

Click here to register for the free webinar:

Many thanks

Sean

OpenChain Onboarding Mini-Summit in 30 minutes (14:00 UTC 2022-08-01)

This is a reminder that our Onboarding Mini-Summit will start in 30 minutes.

This time we are going to be discussing one of the most critical aspects of our project outside of the ISO/IEC 5230 standard: how do we onboard people? It covers outreach, it covers what happens when people arrive on our site, and it covers how we arrange community support.

We would really value your input in this event as we cover:
(1) How should we “market” OpenChain?
(2) How can entry to our website and community work best for new participants?
(3) How can we do great community support regionally and globally?
(4) How should the Onboarding Committee of the project work in the future?

Nathan Kumagai, our chair, will lead the discussion.

Register in advance for this webinar:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_U-szKnZDSq6VCyzL0k4FlA

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Check your timezone:
PDT United States Pacific UTC-07:00
UTC Coordinated Universal Time UTC
CET Central European Time UTC+01:00
IST India Standard Time UTC+05:30
CST China Standard Time UTC+08:00
KST Korea Standard Time UTC+09:00
JST Japan Standard Time UTC+09:00

Compare timezones:
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com

OpenChain Mini-Summit: Onboarding - August 1st 2022 at 14:00 UTC

Dear all

It is time for another mini-summit! This time we are going to be discussing one of the most critical aspects of our project outside of the ISO/IEC 5230 standard: how do we onboard people? It covers outreach, it covers what happens when people arrive on our site, and it covers how we arrange community support.

We would really value your input in this event as we cover:
(1) How should we “market” OpenChain?
(2) How can entry to our website and community work best for new participants?
(3) How can we do great community support regionally and globally?
(4) How should the Onboarding Committee of the project work in the future?

Nathan Kumagai, our chair, will lead the discussion.

Register in advance for this Mini-Summit:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_U-szKnZDSq6VCyzL0k4FlA

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Check your timezone:
PDT United States Pacific UTC-07:00
UTC Coordinated Universal Time UTC
CET Central European Time UTC+01:00
IST India Standard Time UTC+05:30
CST China Standard Time UTC+08:00
KST Korea Standard Time UTC+09:00
JST Japan Standard Time UTC+09:00

Compare timezones:
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com

e: scoughlan@...

Re: REMINDER: OpenChain Partner Webinar: LEX PAN LAW & OPSEQUIO today at 06:00 UTC

Our webinar takes place in 34 minutes at 06:00 UTC. All welcome here:
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

On Jul 26, 2022, at 12:35, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

Our next partner webinar takes place today at 06:00 UTC. This time around we are featuring LEX PAN LAW & OPSEQUIO.

Join us here:
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

[...]

Re: OpenChain Onboarding - Call for Comments

Sean McIlroy (LF, PM)

Hello Satoru-san,
Many thanks for pointing this out.
I have reviewed the GitHub PR and I have merged your suggestions.
Kind regards
Sean

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 5:57 AM Satoru Koizumi (小泉 悟) <satoru.koizumi@...> wrote:

Dear Sean-san,

I have found other typos.

There are two “Taiwan WG” in regional_wg.svg.

And India WG exists too, I think, but the page does not refer it.

Best regards

KOIZUMI Satoru
OpenChain Japan WG

P.S.

I have made a pull request (https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/OpenChain_Onboarding/pull/1) about a previous observation.

I would be happy if the pull request will be merged.