From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...>
Date: Wednesday, 24 August 2022 at 08:17
To: OpenChain Main <main@...>, OpenChain Education <education@...>
Subject: [openchain] Call to Action: MarkDown in the Reference Library

[External]

Register for this free webinar:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rkeXAYB8TqCcKSOOUuNuDA__;!!A3Ni8CS0y2Y!8j-uQ9ClMgFcPLZmYzhuBYrPLKXklP21s1DA4_Sjiysn0-YWSp_uD0iAdrPXLxo0tObTopqT0EahkRM9Fb1dPzMQYIQWt4g$

One of the outcomes of our recent education mini-summit was a decision to work on converting our existing Word Docs in the OpenChain GitHub reference library to markdown. The market has moved on from our early days of legal teams and management teams sharing documents, and from markdown we can easily convert to any other format.

Lend a hand and help us reach even more people with our huge corpus of reference material (we have about 1,000 documents, so we need help to decide what is first, and how to share workloads around the globe based on people’s own priorities).

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan__;!!A3Ni8CS0y2Y!8j-uQ9ClMgFcPLZmYzhuBYrPLKXklP21s1DA4_Sjiysn0-YWSp_uD0iAdrPXLxo0tObTopqT0EahkRM9Fb1dPzMQm3jghkY$

Re: Call to Action: MarkDown in the Reference Library @ 08:30 UTC 🙂

It takes place in one hour, at 08:30 UTC 🙂

On Aug 24, 2022, at 16:17, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

[...]

Call to Action: Playbooks – Meeting #2 – 2022-08-17

We recently held our second meeting to review the OpenChain Playbooks. Check out the recording here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/08/22/call-to-action-playbooks-2

For context: we are collaboratively editing version 2 of these documents at this link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1li9heH3x16MmC_UxxpFhWSw1XCwsAdbF?usp=sharing

Our focus during this call was the small company playbook here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x0fVeJbzWlh5vRkUfkWbkKgaiPaNtcVCIqgDESLzBbY/edit?usp=sharing

The work we did on this playbook substantially refined the approach in the early parts of the document and will be merged into the other documents (for medium and large companies) ahead of our next meeting in around a week.

Your contributions and comments are most welcome. This is a great opportunity to brief and encourage strategic management understanding and support of effective, efficient compliance.

Catch up: OpenChain Japan All Member Meeting 24 – Virtual Meeting 11

The OpenChain Japan Work Group held the 24th All Member meeting recently and we have the full recording here for you to catch up. Some in English, some in Japanese. All community. :)
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2022/08/22/openchain-japan-all-member-meeting-24-virtual-meeting-11

Re: Four Hyundai Motor Group Companies Announce Adoption of the ISO International Standard for Open Source Compliance

You can learn more about what our friends in Hyundai group have accomplished here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/08/16/hyundai-motor-group-conformance

On Aug 17, 2022, at 15:35, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

From their press release:

<hyundai-group.jpeg>
Four Hyundai Motor Group companies, joint certification of the ISO international standard for open source compliance
– Acquired ISO certifications of four companies simultaneously through collaboration of Hyundai Motor Company, Kia, Hyundai Mobis, and Hyundai Autoever … The industry’s first the international standard for open source compliance(ISO/IEC 5230:2020) joint certification … Securing public confidence in software and increasing utilization through systematic management of the entire supply chain
– Provides a comprehensive portal and user guide to support developers in the mobility field and expand the ecosystem
– “Beyond the group, we will lead the expansion and development of the open source ecosystem throughout the automobile industry”

Four Hyundai Motor Group Companies Announce Adoption of the ISO International Standard for Open Source Compliance

From their press release:

Four Hyundai Motor Group companies, joint certification of the ISO international standard for open source compliance
– Acquired ISO certifications of four companies simultaneously through collaboration of Hyundai Motor Company, Kia, Hyundai Mobis, and Hyundai Autoever … The industry’s first the international standard for open source compliance(ISO/IEC 5230:2020) joint certification … Securing public confidence in software and increasing utilization through systematic management of the entire supply chain
– Provides a comprehensive portal and user guide to support developers in the mobility field and expand the ecosystem
– “Beyond the group, we will lead the expansion and development of the open source ecosystem throughout the automobile industry”

Call today at 08:30 UTC - OpenChain Call to Action: Playbooks (14:00 IST, 16:30 CST, 17:30 JST)

A reminder that we have our regular call to action on PlayBook editing today at 08:30 UTC (14:00 IST, 16:30 CST, 17:30 JST).

Register to help out here:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XsNrdACxQ7i6FCHwdKCOHA

In late 2021 we released a playbook showing how adoption of OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230 can work for medium-sized companies:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/12/16/playbook-medium-company

We had some great feedback around this playbook and we want to circle back to expand on options for the community. Long story short: it is time to work on small company and large company playbooks.

We would super value your help in making sure these playbooks are as useful as possible.

Check out what we have done so far:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1li9heH3x16MmC_UxxpFhWSw1XCwsAdbF

Re: [india-wg] [uk-wg] [openchain] [education] REMINDER: Tomorrow we go big on making new playbooks - be part of this

Balakrishna Mukundaraj

Awesome, Thank you Steve.

Thanks,
Balakrishna

On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 at 13:38, Steve Kilbane <stephen.kilbane@...> wrote:

I figured “what the heck?” and had a swing at the small-company Google doc too, so that there’s something to discuss later this week.

steve

From: uk-wg@... <uk-wg@...> on behalf of Steve Kilbane <Stephen.Kilbane@...>
Date: Tuesday, 9 August 2022 at 08:42
To: main@... <main@...>, education@... <education@...>
Cc: OpenChain Taiwan <taiwan-wg@...>, OpenChain Germany <germany-wg@...>, OpenChain Partners <partners@...>, OpenChain UK <uk-wg@...>, OpenChain Korea <korea-wg@...>, OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>, OpenChain India <india-wg@...>
Subject: Re: [uk-wg] [openchain] [education] REMINDER: Tomorrow we go big on making new playbooks - be part of this

[External]

Not having much experience in small companies, I took a swing at adding some content to the large-company Google doc.

steve

From: uk-wg@... <uk-wg@...> on behalf of Steve Kilbane <Stephen.Kilbane@...>
Date: Tuesday, 9 August 2022 at 08:42
To: main@... <main@...>, education@... <education@...>
Cc: OpenChain Taiwan <taiwan-wg@...>, OpenChain Germany <germany-wg@...>, OpenChain Partners <partners@...>, OpenChain UK <uk-wg@...>, OpenChain Korea <korea-wg@...>, OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>, OpenChain India <india-wg@...>

[...]

Japanese Obon - Shane is back 17th August

Dear all

It is the Japanese Obon period. I will be back in the (virtual) office on the 17th of August. I may check my emails once or twice, but I am planning to disconnect until then.

If there is anything super urgent please call me at +818040358083 and I will get back to you.

Re: [education] REMINDER: Tomorrow we go big on making new playbooks - be part of this

Steve Kilbane

[...]

Partner Webinar #3 – EACG (TrustSource)

Dear All

Welcome to our third partner webinar (full virtual this time, no scheduled call this week). As usual, this is a pre-recorded webinar with Q&A encouraged via this email thread.

Today we are hearing EACG’s story. Jan has long been a contributor to the OpenChain Project and is a key collaborator in areas like our reference tooling work group. On the professional side, you may also know his work through TrustSource (https://www.trustsource.io/).

We are delighted to highlight their services as part of our ongoing mission to ensure the global community knows about the support services available in each geography to help with ISO/IEC 5230 conformance and building great trust in the supply chain.

Check out the full webinar here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2022/08/08/partner-webinar-eacg

Check out the partner webinar series here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/partner-webinars

Re: [education] REMINDER: Tomorrow we go big on making new playbooks - be part of this

Balakrishna Mukundaraj

Sounds good! Looking forward to collaborate Ana :)

Thanks,
Balakrishna

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 at 10:43, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
Thanks Balakrishna!

Ana from TODO indicated interest in doing a cross-project collaboration on this, so I am going to loop her into our Google Docs scratch-pad here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1li9heH3x16MmC_UxxpFhWSw1XCwsAdbF

Ana, we have a (generation 1) medium company playbook and some duplicates we are going to work into small and medium company playbooks. OSPOs are central to this throughout, and we would love to work towards a co-branded release before Open Compliance Summit in early December.

Editing on Google Docs based on decision by Education Work Team. As soon as things are looking good, we will convert to markdown and place on GitHub.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Balakrishna

Invitation: OpenChain Call to Action: MarkDown in the Reference Library @ Every 2 weeks from 17:30 to 18:30 on Wednesday from Wed Aug 24 to Wed Sep 21 (JST) (main@lists.openchainproject.org)

OpenChain Call to Action: MarkDown in the Reference Library
Register for this free webinar:https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rkeXAYB8TqCcKSOOUuNuDAOne of the outcomes of our recent education mini-summit was a decision to work on converting our existing Word

Register for this free webinar:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rkeXAYB8TqCcKSOOUuNuDA

One of the outcomes of our recent education mini-summit was a decision to work on converting our existing Word Docs in the OpenChain GitHub reference library to markdown. The market has moved on from our early days of legal teams and management teams sharing documents, and from markdown we can easily convert to any other format.

Lend a hand and help us reach even more people with our huge corpus of reference material (we have about 1,000 documents, so we need help to decide what is first, and how to share workloads around the globe based on people’s own priorities).

When

Every 2 weeks from 17:30 to 18:30 on Wednesday from Wednesday Aug 24 to Wednesday Sep 21 (Japan Standard Time)

Location

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rkeXAYB8TqCcKSOOUuNuDA
View map
RSVP for main@... for all events in this series

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this email because you are an attendee on the event. To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer, be added to the guest list, invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or modify your RSVP. Learn more

OpenChain Call to Action: MarkDown in the Reference Library - August 24th at 14:00 IST (and every two weeks onward)

One of the outcomes of our recent education mini-summit was a decision to work on converting our existing Word Docs in the OpenChain GitHub reference library to markdown. The market has moved on from our early days of legal teams and management teams sharing documents, and from markdown we can easily convert to any other format.

Lend a hand and help us reach even more people with our huge corpus of reference material (we have about 1,000 documents, so we need help to decide what is first, and how to share workloads around the globe based on people’s own priorities).

Register for our event here:
[...]

OpenChain Onboarding Mini-Summit – 2022-08-01

Check out the full recording of the recent OpenChain Onboarding Mini-Summit.

We discussed one of the most critical aspects of our project outside of the ISO/IEC 5230 standard: how do we onboard people? It covered outreach, what happens when people arrive on our site, and how we arrange community support.
We looked for input around:
(1) How should we “market” OpenChain?
(2) How can entry to our website and community work best for new participants?
(3) How can we do great community support regionally and globally?
(4) How should the Onboarding Committee of the project work in the future?
Nathan Kumagai, our onboarding chair, lead the discussion.

https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/08/03/onboarding-mini-summit-2022-08

OpenChain Education Mini-Summit – 2022-07-21

The OpenChain Education Mini-Summit covered:
• Our recent online courses
• The future of our playbooks
• The evolution of our reference library
• And future work group leadership

Check out the full recording here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2022/08/03/education-mini-summit-2022

281 - 300 of 5043