Date   

Re: OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

Kelly Williams
 

Hi –

 

Thanks for meeting today.  It was good discussion around “Internal Procedures” and the role of a review board.  The agenda presentation and meeting minutes are posted on the wiki at https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/start?&#meeting-materials

 

Please note the new date/time for our next meeting will be Mon, 5/4  at 9am PT, 12pm ET, 4pm UTC, 6pm CEST.

 

Let me know if I missed anything and if you have any questions.

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 4:29 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here’s the agenda for the meeting tomorrow at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST.

 

       Update from ELN

       New poll time results

       Continue on Etherpad – G4: “How” (Team Discussion)

 

Phone bridge info:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL:
http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

Let me know if you have any additional proposed topics.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

 

 


Re: OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

Dave Marr
 

Also for those wishing to stay current and make further edits – we left off today at SP 4.2.  Today we agreed that the protocol for those wishing to make edits (welcomed and encouraged) in advance of the meeting, to please use the strikethrough function (e.g., strikethrough) so that we can track the changes, but edits made and discussed during the meeting will not require that formatting.  We’re focusing on content and will do another pass to clean up numbering and <meta comments>.

 

http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/openchain

 

Thanks.


Invitation: OpenChain Working Group (First and Third Monday each month) @ Monthly from 12pm to 1pm on the first Monday from Mon May 4 to Mon Dec 3, 2018 (mdolan@linuxfoundation.org)

Michael Dolan <mdolan@...>
 

OpenChain Working Group (First and Third Monday each month)

Sending an updated invitation as the group decided to move the calls to the first and third Monday of each month. There are two invites - one for the first Monday and the second for the third Monday.

Audio portion:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

When
Monthly from 12pm to 1pm on the first Monday from Mon May 4 to Mon Dec 3, 2018 Eastern Time
Where
Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326 UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan (map)
Calendar
mdolan@...
Who
Michael Dolan - organizer
shane@...
sami.atabani@...
hutch@...
amanda.brock@...
andrew.wilson@...
openchain@...
mishi@...
Scott Nicholas
ziegenhorn@...
angela_ziegenhorn@...
zoe.rose@...
mark.radcliffe@...
mike.nesheiwat@...
mccoy.smith@...
hook@...
ibrahim.h@...
berrendo@...
vondavid@...

Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


Canceled Event: OpenChain Working Group (First and Third Tuesday of each ... @ Monthly from 11am to 12pm on the first Tuesday from Tue Oct 7, 2014 to Tue Dec 5, 2017 (mdolan@linuxfoundation.org)

mdolan@linuxfoundation.org <mdolan@...>
 

This event has been canceled and removed from your calendar.

OpenChain Working Group (First and Third Tuesday of each Month)

Audio portion:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

When
Monthly from 11am to 12pm on the first Tuesday from Tue Oct 7, 2014 to Tue Dec 5, 2017 Eastern Time
Where
Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326 URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan (map)
Calendar
mdolan@...
Who
Michael Dolan - organizer
openchain@...
mccoy.smith@...
hook@...
andrew.wilson@...
berrendo@...
mark.radcliffe@...
shane@...
ziegenhorn@...
hutch@...
angela_ziegenhorn@...
sami.atabani@...
zoe.rose@...
amanda.brock@...
vondavid@...
ibrahim.h@...
mishi@...
mike.nesheiwat@...
Scott Nicholas

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


Invitation: OpenChain Working Group (Third Monday of each month invite) @ Monthly from 12pm to 1pm on the third Tuesday from Tue May 19 to Tue Nov 20, 2018 (mdolan@linuxfoundation.org)

Michael Dolan <mdolan@...>
 

OpenChain Working Group (Third Monday of each month invite)

Sending an updated invitation as the group decided to move the calls to the first and third Monday of each month. There are two invites - one for the first Monday and the second for the third Monday.

Audio portion:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

When
Monthly from 12pm to 1pm on the third Tuesday from Tue May 19 to Tue Nov 20, 2018 Eastern Time
Where
Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326 UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan (map)
Calendar
mdolan@...
Who
Michael Dolan - organizer
shane@...
sami.atabani@...
hutch@...
amanda.brock@...
andrew.wilson@...
openchain@...
mishi@...
Scott Nicholas
ziegenhorn@...
angela_ziegenhorn@...
zoe.rose@...
mark.radcliffe@...
mike.nesheiwat@...
mccoy.smith@...
hook@...
ibrahim.h@...
berrendo@...
vondavid@...

Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


Canceled Event: OpenChain Working Group (First and Third Tuesday each month) @ Monthly from 11am to 12pm on the third Tuesday from Tue Sep 16, 2014 to Tue Dec 19, 2017 except Tue Mar 17 11am (mdolan@linuxfoundation.org)

mdolan@linuxfoundation.org <mdolan@...>
 

This event has been canceled and removed from your calendar.

OpenChain Working Group (First and Third Tuesday each month)

Audio portion:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

When
Monthly from 11am to 12pm on the third Tuesday from Tue Sep 16, 2014 to Tue Dec 19, 2017 except Tue Mar 17 11am Eastern Time
Where
Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326 UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan (map)
Calendar
mdolan@...
Who
Michael Dolan - organizer
openchain@...
mccoy.smith@...
hook@...
andrew.wilson@...
berrendo@...
shane@...
mark.radcliffe@...
ziegenhorn@...
hutch@...
angela_ziegenhorn@...
sami.atabani@...
zoe.rose@...
amanda.brock@...
vondavid@...
ibrahim.h@...
mishi@...
mike.nesheiwat@...
Scott Nicholas

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


OpenChain Working Group Meeting Rescheduling

Mike Dolan <mdolan@...>
 

Hi everyone, you should have a few meeting notices in your inbox. The Working Group decided to move the bi-weekly calls from Tuesday to Monday at 9am PT. I have sent two new invites for both the first Monday and third Monday meetings. I have also canceled both of the Tuesday meeting invites (one was for the first Tuesday, the second for the third Tuesday). 

I am aware there are often issues with calendar invites and competing calendaring platforms (e.g. Google Calendar, Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc). If any of those issues show up, just let me know and we can try to find a fix/resolution.

Thanks,

Mike

---
Mike Dolan
Sr. Director of Strategic Programs, The Linux Foundation
Office: +1.330.460.3250   Cell: +1.440.552.5322  Skype: michaelkdolan
Email / Google Talk: mdolan@...
---


Re: OpenChain Working Group Meeting Rescheduling

Jilayne Lovejoy <Jilayne.Lovejoy@...>
 

Thanks Mike!

Hate to say it, but… the invite for the third Monday is appearing on Tuesday in my calendar… 

Jilayne

From: Mike Dolan <mdolan@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 9:55 AM
To: "openchain@..." <openchain@...>
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain Working Group Meeting Rescheduling

Hi everyone, you should have a few meeting notices in your inbox. The Working Group decided to move the bi-weekly calls from Tuesday to Monday at 9am PT. I have sent two new invites for both the first Monday and third Monday meetings. I have also canceled both of the Tuesday meeting invites (one was for the first Tuesday, the second for the third Tuesday). 

I am aware there are often issues with calendar invites and competing calendaring platforms (e.g. Google Calendar, Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc). If any of those issues show up, just let me know and we can try to find a fix/resolution.

Thanks,

Mike

---
Mike Dolan
Sr. Director of Strategic Programs, The Linux Foundation
Office: +1.330.460.3250   Cell: +1.440.552.5322  Skype: michaelkdolan
Email / Google Talk: mdolan@...
---


-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782


Re: OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

Miriam Ballhausen <Ballhausen@...>
 

Hi everyone,

 

during yesterday’s meeting we spent some time talking about FOSS policies. Essentially, some bullet points were moved from G4 to G1 to avoid redundancies (which is necessary). I have been wondering, if the points were actually redundant.                 While under G1 we try and describe how everyone can know their FOSS responsibilities (by telling them through a FOSS policy), G4 could be designed as a sort of checklist (first, write a policy; second, define use cases, quality gates and such; …).

 

At the end of the meeting we discussed the two different approaches that are taken under G4 – SP4.2 and SP4.3. I have been wondering, if we could integrate these two approaches by (re-) sorting the bullet points into two groups:

 

1.                  What to do to generate/extract all the information that enables suppliers to actually be compliant

 

Most of the bullet points that are currently under SP4.3 could go here; most of the bullet points I added under SP4.2 would probably fit here, too.

 

2.                  What to do with this information once you have it.

 

Under this topic we could define the use cases (Internal Use vs. External Distribution/Availability etc.). For each use case we could describe how to further use the extracted information.

 

I am looking forward to discussing these thoughts during the next meeting!

 

Best

Miriam

______________________________________________________________

Dr. Miriam Ballhausen

Rechtsanwältin

 

JBB Rechtsanwälte

Jaschinski Biere Brexl Partnerschaft mbB

Christinenstraße 18/19 | 10119 Berlin

Tel. +49.30.443 765 0  |  Fax +49.30.443 765 22

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin | Registergericht AG Charlottenburg | PR 609 B

www.jbb.de

 

 

 

 

 

Von: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] Im Auftrag von Williams, Kelly
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. April 2015 00:36
An: openchain@...
Betreff: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Hi –

 

Thanks for meeting today.  It was good discussion around “Internal Procedures” and the role of a review board.  The agenda presentation and meeting minutes are posted on the wiki at https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/start?&#meeting-materials

 

Please note the new date/time for our next meeting will be Mon, 5/4  at 9am PT, 12pm ET, 4pm UTC, 6pm CEST.

 

Let me know if I missed anything and if you have any questions.

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 4:29 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here’s the agenda for the meeting tomorrow at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST.

 

       Update from ELN

       New poll time results

       Continue on Etherpad – G4: “How” (Team Discussion)

 

Phone bridge info:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL:
http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

Let me know if you have any additional proposed topics.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

 

 


Updated Invitation: OpenChain Working Group (Third Monday of each month invite) @ Monthly from 12pm to 1pm on the third Monday from Mon May 18 to Mon Nov 19, 2018 (mdolan@linuxfoundation.org)

mdolan@linuxfoundation.org <mdolan@...>
 

This event has been changed.

OpenChain Working Group (Third Monday of each month invite)

Sending an updated invitation as the group decided to move the calls to the first and third Monday of each month. There are two invites - one for the first Monday and the second for the third Monday.

Audio portion:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

When
Changed: Monthly from 12pm to 1pm on the third Monday from Mon May 18 to Mon Nov 19, 2018 Eastern Time
Where
Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326 UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan (map)
Calendar
mdolan@...
Who
Michael Dolan - organizer
shane@...
sami.atabani@...
hutch@...
amanda.brock@...
andrew.wilson@...
openchain@...
mishi@...
Scott Nicholas
ziegenhorn@...
angela_ziegenhorn@...
zoe.rose@...
mark.radcliffe@...
mike.nesheiwat@...
mccoy.smith@...
hook@...
ibrahim.h@...
berrendo@...
vondavid@...

Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


Re: OpenChain Working Group Meeting Rescheduling

Mike Dolan <mdolan@...>
 

I think I just fixed the issue. Sorry about that. :-)

— Mike

---
Mike Dolan
Sr. Director of Strategic Programs, The Linux Foundation
Office: +1.330.460.3250   Cell: +1.440.552.5322  Skype: michaelkdolan
Email / Google Talk: mdolan@...
---

On Apr 22, 2015, at 12:15 PM, Jilayne Lovejoy <Jilayne.Lovejoy@...> wrote:

Thanks Mike!

Hate to say it, but… the invite for the third Monday is appearing on Tuesday in my calendar… 

Jilayne

From: Mike Dolan <mdolan@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 9:55 AM
To: "openchain@..." <openchain@...>
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain Working Group Meeting Rescheduling

Hi everyone, you should have a few meeting notices in your inbox. The Working Group decided to move the bi-weekly calls from Tuesday to Monday at 9am PT. I have sent two new invites for both the first Monday and third Monday meetings. I have also canceled both of the Tuesday meeting invites (one was for the first Tuesday, the second for the third Tuesday). 

I am aware there are often issues with calendar invites and competing calendaring platforms (e.g. Google Calendar, Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc). If any of those issues show up, just let me know and we can try to find a fix/resolution.

Thanks,

Mike

---
Mike Dolan
Sr. Director of Strategic Programs, The Linux Foundation
Office: +1.330.460.3250   Cell: +1.440.552.5322  Skype: michaelkdolan
Email / Google Talk: mdolan@...
---


-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782


Re: OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

Dave Marr
 

Miriam,

You raise a point that interests me as well -- while we're building a document to describe what 'done' looks like, we haven't provided process tools to guide how to get there, step-by-step.  Let's discuss at the next call before diving into the Etherpad.

Also great idea re SP 4.2 and 4.3.  Perhaps take a stab at the Etherpad edits and add a new save point?

Thanks,
Dave

On Apr 22, 2015, at 10:09 AM, Miriam Ballhausen <Ballhausen@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

during yesterday’s meeting we spent some time talking about FOSS policies. Essentially, some bullet points were moved from G4 to G1 to avoid redundancies (which is necessary). I have been wondering, if the points were actually redundant.                 While under G1 we try and describe how everyone can know their FOSS responsibilities (by telling them through a FOSS policy), G4 could be designed as a sort of checklist (first, write a policy; second, define use cases, quality gates and such; …).

 

At the end of the meeting we discussed the two different approaches that are taken under G4 – SP4.2 and SP4.3. I have been wondering, if we could integrate these two approaches by (re-) sorting the bullet points into two groups:

 

1.                  What to do to generate/extract all the information that enables suppliers to actually be compliant

 

Most of the bullet points that are currently under SP4.3 could go here; most of the bullet points I added under SP4.2 would probably fit here, too.

 

2.                  What to do with this information once you have it.

 

Under this topic we could define the use cases (Internal Use vs. External Distribution/Availability etc.). For each use case we could describe how to further use the extracted information.

 

I am looking forward to discussing these thoughts during the next meeting!

 

Best

Miriam

______________________________________________________________

Dr. Miriam Ballhausen

Rechtsanwältin

 

JBB Rechtsanwälte

Jaschinski Biere Brexl Partnerschaft mbB

Christinenstraße 18/19 | 10119 Berlin

Tel. +49.30.443 765 0  |  Fax +49.30.443 765 22

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin | Registergericht AG Charlottenburg | PR 609 B

www.jbb.de

 

 

 

 

 

Von: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] Im Auftrag von Williams, Kelly
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. April 2015 00:36
An: openchain@...
Betreff: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Hi –

 

Thanks for meeting today.  It was good discussion around “Internal Procedures” and the role of a review board.  The agenda presentation and meeting minutes are posted on the wiki at https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/start?&#meeting-materials

 

Please note the new date/time for our next meeting will be Mon, 5/4  at 9am PT, 12pm ET, 4pm UTC, 6pm CEST.

 

Let me know if I missed anything and if you have any questions.

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 4:29 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here’s the agenda for the meeting tomorrow at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST.

 

       Update from ELN

       New poll time results

       Continue on Etherpad – G4: “How” (Team Discussion)

 

Phone bridge info:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL:
http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

Let me know if you have any additional proposed topics.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

Miriam Ballhausen <Ballhausen@...>
 

Hi Dave,

 

re SP4.2 and 4.3 I added some placeholder texts, so we can discuss any edits, before bullet points actually get moved around.

 

Regards,

Miriam

 

Von: Marr, David [mailto:dmarr@...]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. April 2015 07:49
An: Miriam Ballhausen
Cc: Williams, Kelly; openchain@...
Betreff: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Miriam,

 

You raise a point that interests me as well -- while we're building a document to describe what 'done' looks like, we haven't provided process tools to guide how to get there, step-by-step.  Let's discuss at the next call before diving into the Etherpad.

 

Also great idea re SP 4.2 and 4.3.  Perhaps take a stab at the Etherpad edits and add a new save point?

Thanks,
Dave


On Apr 22, 2015, at 10:09 AM, Miriam Ballhausen <Ballhausen@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

during yesterday’s meeting we spent some time talking about FOSS policies. Essentially, some bullet points were moved from G4 to G1 to avoid redundancies (which is necessary). I have been wondering, if the points were actually redundant.                 While under G1 we try and describe how everyone can know their FOSS responsibilities (by telling them through a FOSS policy), G4 could be designed as a sort of checklist (first, write a policy; second, define use cases, quality gates and such; …).

 

At the end of the meeting we discussed the two different approaches that are taken under G4 – SP4.2 and SP4.3. I have been wondering, if we could integrate these two approaches by (re-) sorting the bullet points into two groups:

 

1.                  What to do to generate/extract all the information that enables suppliers to actually be compliant

 

Most of the bullet points that are currently under SP4.3 could go here; most of the bullet points I added under SP4.2 would probably fit here, too.

 

2.                  What to do with this information once you have it.

 

Under this topic we could define the use cases (Internal Use vs. External Distribution/Availability etc.). For each use case we could describe how to further use the extracted information.

 

I am looking forward to discussing these thoughts during the next meeting!

 

Best

Miriam

______________________________________________________________

Dr. Miriam Ballhausen

Rechtsanwältin

 

JBB Rechtsanwälte

Jaschinski Biere Brexl Partnerschaft mbB

Christinenstraße 18/19 | 10119 Berlin

Tel. +49.30.443 765 0  |  Fax +49.30.443 765 22

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin | Registergericht AG Charlottenburg | PR 609 B

www.jbb.de

 

 

 

 

 

Von: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] Im Auftrag von Williams, Kelly
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. April 2015 00:36
An: openchain@...
Betreff: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Hi –

 

Thanks for meeting today.  It was good discussion around “Internal Procedures” and the role of a review board.  The agenda presentation and meeting minutes are posted on the wiki at https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/start?&#meeting-materials

 

Please note the new date/time for our next meeting will be Mon, 5/4  at 9am PT, 12pm ET, 4pm UTC, 6pm CEST.

 

Let me know if I missed anything and if you have any questions.

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 4:29 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here’s the agenda for the meeting tomorrow at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST.

 

       Update from ELN

       New poll time results

       Continue on Etherpad – G4: “How” (Team Discussion)

 

Phone bridge info:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL:
http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

Let me know if you have any additional proposed topics.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


OpenChain meeting agenda 5/4

Kelly Williams
 

Hi All,

 

Let’s pick up the discussion on G4 – SP4.2 and SP4.3 next Monday, 5/4 at 9am Pacific.

 

http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/openchain

 

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

From: Miriam Ballhausen [mailto:Ballhausen@...]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 5:58 AM
To: Marr, David
Cc: Williams, Kelly; openchain@...
Subject: AW: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Hi Dave,

 

re SP4.2 and 4.3 I added some placeholder texts, so we can discuss any edits, before bullet points actually get moved around.

 

Regards,

Miriam

 

Von: Marr, David [mailto:dmarr@...]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. April 2015 07:49
An: Miriam Ballhausen
Cc: Williams, Kelly;
openchain@...
Betreff: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Miriam,

 

You raise a point that interests me as well -- while we're building a document to describe what 'done' looks like, we haven't provided process tools to guide how to get there, step-by-step.  Let's discuss at the next call before diving into the Etherpad.

 

Also great idea re SP 4.2 and 4.3.  Perhaps take a stab at the Etherpad edits and add a new save point?

Thanks,
Dave


On Apr 22, 2015, at 10:09 AM, Miriam Ballhausen <
Ballhausen@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

during yesterday’s meeting we spent some time talking about FOSS policies. Essentially, some bullet points were moved from G4 to G1 to avoid redundancies (which is necessary). I have been wondering, if the points were actually redundant.                 While under G1 we try and describe how everyone can know their FOSS responsibilities (by telling them through a FOSS policy), G4 could be designed as a sort of checklist (first, write a policy; second, define use cases, quality gates and such; …).

 

At the end of the meeting we discussed the two different approaches that are taken under G4 – SP4.2 and SP4.3. I have been wondering, if we could integrate these two approaches by (re-) sorting the bullet points into two groups:

 

1.                  What to do to generate/extract all the information that enables suppliers to actually be compliant

 

Most of the bullet points that are currently under SP4.3 could go here; most of the bullet points I added under SP4.2 would probably fit here, too.

 

2.                  What to do with this information once you have it.

 

Under this topic we could define the use cases (Internal Use vs. External Distribution/Availability etc.). For each use case we could describe how to further use the extracted information.

 

I am looking forward to discussing these thoughts during the next meeting!

 

Best

Miriam

______________________________________________________________

Dr. Miriam Ballhausen

Rechtsanwältin

 

JBB Rechtsanwälte

Jaschinski Biere Brexl Partnerschaft mbB

Christinenstraße 18/19 | 10119 Berlin

Tel. +49.30.443 765 0  |  Fax +49.30.443 765 22

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin | Registergericht AG Charlottenburg | PR 609 B

www.jbb.de

 

 

 

 

 

Von: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] Im Auftrag von Williams, Kelly
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. April 2015 00:36
An:
openchain@...
Betreff: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Hi –

 

Thanks for meeting today.  It was good discussion around “Internal Procedures” and the role of a review board.  The agenda presentation and meeting minutes are posted on the wiki at https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/start?&#meeting-materials

 

Please note the new date/time for our next meeting will be Mon, 5/4  at 9am PT, 12pm ET, 4pm UTC, 6pm CEST.

 

Let me know if I missed anything and if you have any questions.

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 4:29 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 4/21

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here’s the agenda for the meeting tomorrow at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST.

 

       Update from ELN

       New poll time results

       Continue on Etherpad – G4: “How” (Team Discussion)

 

Phone bridge info:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL:
http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

Let me know if you have any additional proposed topics.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


OpenChain meeting agenda 5/18

Kelly Williams
 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here’s the agenda for next Monday, 5/18 at 9am Pacific.

 

       State of the review (Jim Hutchison)

       Continue on Etherpad – G4, SP4.3: “Internal Procedures” (Team discussion)

       http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/openchain

       Additional proposed topics

 

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions: http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

 

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

 


Openchain new member

RUFFIN, MICHEL (MICHEL) <michel.ruffin@...>
 

Dear all I have just discover OpenChain today

 

I look at your criteria for good practice, and I think (I will have to cross check in detail) but Alcatel-Lucent is compliant to G1 to G6 and even to  RP1 and more.

 

But it appears to me that you are still missing several things (sorry if I am wrong I have not checked all discussion and results)

1)      Handling outsourcing, divertissement and merge and acquisition (this could be called RP2)

2)       Handling new/quite recent technologies: DRM, Bit torrent, Saas, IaaS, PaaS, Maven, …

3)      Measuring the level of implementation of the FOSS governance process: I am currently working on this in a company of 60 000 people so it is not yet well done in ALU but I have ideas like having internal audits, having certificate of compliance for ALU products, blocking the general availability of new products if they are not compliant (we already do that partially) etc.

 

FYI the FOSS governance process of ALU is  a set of 120 pages of information addressing all (20 page on how to package an ALU product with FOSS); We have a FOSS executive committee that meet all weeks during 1h30 since 2007 with lawyers, procurement technical people, we have 180 FOSS evaluators in the company (coach by the FOSS EC), which corresponds to your FOSS compliance officers, we have registered tutorials, we have a process to contribute to open source, …. We have plan to issue a compliance alert in the company in September to inform people on FOSS in which training will be mandatory even for high executives, We have launched a recognition program for FOSS evaluator with Human resource, and quality group to be sure that they are empowered.

 

I am not too sure, that I can participate to your meetings (too much things to do), but this need to be addressed.

 

Now I am curious to know if you have some plans to make this like a CCMi certification program and in what timeframe

 

To provide you a small contribution, I send you the FOSS clauses that we put in ALL our suppliers contracts (I would like to standardize that). It is a public document that has already been sent to the FTF Europe legal network and to the SPDX group. Note that clause 5 needs to be reworked, because it does not exactly means what we intend to do. The legal phrasing is asking too much compared to what we expect. We also plan to change this clauses to impose the SPDX format rather that “electronic form”. Our internal tools are SPDX compliant (not perhaps yet to SPDX 2 yet , but to SPDX 1.2)

 

Now I have another important comment to your group. The criteria that you define are Ok for Alcatel-lucent, we can already claim that we are compliant with the highest criteria and I can prove it. But for companies which are far from this level of compliance, it is freighting, I do not know how this can be solved, but you should think a little bit about that.  Because an open source process in a company needs steps to be acceptable and you need to put resource in place to face the demands.

 

My two cents, like we say in US

 

Michel

Michel.Ruffin@..., PhD
Software Coordination Manager, COO - Business transformation
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff

Tel +33 6 75 25 21 94
Alcatel-Lucent International, Centre de Villarceau - France

 


Re: OpenChain meeting agenda 5/18

Kelly Williams
 

Hi Everyone,

 

The meeting notes from our last meeting is on the wiki https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/start?&#meeting-materials.  Sorry for the delay in getting these out.

 

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

 

Looking forward to our next call on Mon, 6/1. 

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 11:15 AM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 5/18

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here’s the agenda for next Monday, 5/18 at 9am Pacific.

 

       State of the review (Jim Hutchison)

       Continue on Etherpad – G4, SP4.3: “Internal Procedures” (Team discussion)

       http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/openchain

       Additional proposed topics

 

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions: http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

 

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

 


Re: Openchain new member

Mike Dolan <mdolan@...>
 

Hi Michel, per my other email welcome to the OpenChain community. Your review of the status thus far is helpful to get a fresh perspective and help us take another look at possible gaps. 

However, for everyone on this list, I’d like to send a reminder that repeats what I’ve email Michel directly. The LF’s antitrust policy prohibits any behavior that involves companies setting contract terms together. Please delete all instances of the email received at 9:38am Eastern time today from Michel Ruffin that contains an attachment with contract terms. If you have any questions, you may review our antitrust policy here:.

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy

Thanks,

Mike

---
Mike Dolan
Sr. Director of Strategic Programs, The Linux Foundation
Office: +1.330.460.3250   Cell: +1.440.552.5322  Skype: michaelkdolan
Email / Google Talk: mdolan@...
---

On May 21, 2015, at 5:30 PM, RUFFIN, MICHEL (MICHEL) <michel.ruffin@...> wrote:

Dear all I have just discover OpenChain today
 
I look at your criteria for good practice, and I think (I will have to cross check in detail) but Alcatel-Lucent is compliant to G1 to G6 and even to  RP1 and more.
 
But it appears to me that you are still missing several things (sorry if I am wrong I have not checked all discussion and results)
1)      Handling outsourcing, divertissement and merge and acquisition (this could be called RP2)
2)       Handling new/quite recent technologies: DRM, Bit torrent, Saas, IaaS, PaaS, Maven, …
3)      Measuring the level of implementation of the FOSS governance process: I am currently working on this in a company of 60 000 people so it is not yet well done in ALU but I have ideas like having internal audits, having certificate of compliance for ALU products, blocking the general availability of new products if they are not compliant (we already do that partially) etc.
 
FYI the FOSS governance process of ALU is  a set of 120 pages of information addressing all (20 page on how to package an ALU product with FOSS); We have a FOSS executive committee that meet all weeks during 1h30 since 2007 with lawyers, procurement technical people, we have 180 FOSS evaluators in the company (coach by the FOSS EC), which corresponds to your FOSS compliance officers, we have registered tutorials, we have a process to contribute to open source, …. We have plan to issue a compliance alert in the company in September to inform people on FOSS in which training will be mandatory even for high executives, We have launched a recognition program for FOSS evaluator with Human resource, and quality group to be sure that they are empowered.
 
I am not too sure, that I can participate to your meetings (too much things to do), but this need to be addressed.
 
Now I am curious to know if you have some plans to make this like a CCMi certification program and in what timeframe
 
To provide you a small contribution, I send you the FOSS clauses that we put in ALL our suppliers contracts (I would like to standardize that). It is a public document that has already been sent to the FTF Europe legal network and to the SPDX group. Note that clause 5 needs to be reworked, because it does not exactly means what we intend to do. The legal phrasing is asking too much compared to what we expect. We also plan to change this clauses to impose the SPDX format rather that “electronic form”. Our internal tools are SPDX compliant (not perhaps yet to SPDX 2 yet , but to SPDX 1.2)
 
Now I have another important comment to your group. The criteria that you define are Ok for Alcatel-lucent, we can already claim that we are compliant with the highest criteria and I can prove it. But for companies which are far from this level of compliance, it is freighting, I do not know how this can be solved, but you should think a little bit about that.  Because an open source process in a company needs steps to be acceptable and you need to put resource in place to face the demands. 
 
My two cents, like we say in US
 
Michel
Michel.Ruffin@..., PhD
Software Coordination Manager, COO - Business transformation
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
 
Tel +33 6 75 25 21 94
Alcatel-Lucent International, Centre de Villarceau - France
 
<FOSS_clauses_rationale_150508.doc>_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


OpenChain meeting agenda 6/1

Kelly Williams
 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here’s the agenda for next Mon, 6/1 at 9am Pacific.

 

       Contracts discussion (Andy Updegrove)

       Continue on Etherpad – G4, SP4.3: “Internal Procedures” (Team discussion)

       http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/openchain

 

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions: http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

 

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 


Re: OpenChain meeting agenda 6/1

Kelly Williams
 

Hi--

 

The meeting notes from our last meeting is on the wiki https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/start?&#meeting-materials.  There is an action item for the working group to do a high level review of Goal 4: Internal Procedures (http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/openchain).  Just a note to use strikethrough text when making edits. 

 

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

 

Next up: Goal 5 - Certification.  Looking forward to our next call on Mon, 6/15. 

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 2:54 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain meeting agenda 6/1

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here’s the agenda for next Mon, 6/1 at 9am Pacific.

 

       Contracts discussion (Andy Updegrove)

       Continue on Etherpad – G4, SP4.3: “Internal Procedures” (Team discussion)

       http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/openchain

 

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions: http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

 

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

 

Thanks,

Kelly

 

141 - 160 of 4227