Date   

Re: OpenChain India Meeting 2022-05-31 at 17:30 IST

 

Thanks Radhika! Much appreciated.

Shane

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan

On May 20, 2022, at 20:21, Radhika via lists.openchainproject.org <radhika=mcalaw.in@...> wrote:

Hi Shane, Just wanted to point out that the meet up is on 31st and not
30th of May.

On 20/05/22 1:46 pm, Shane Coughlan wrote:
The OpenChain India Work Group has scheduled its next meeting for 17:30 on the 30th of May. This meeting will provide an excellent opportunity not only for the India community to re-connect, but also for representatives from companies around the world to learn more about the (extremely large) local market situation.

As always, this meeting will be accessible via Zoom.
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Blog post:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/05/20/india-meeting-2022-05-31







Re: OpenChain India Meeting 2022-05-31 at 17:30 IST

Radhika
 

Hi Shane, Just wanted to point out that the  meet up is on 31st and not
30th of May.

On 20/05/22 1:46 pm, Shane Coughlan wrote:
The OpenChain India Work Group has scheduled its next meeting for 17:30 on the 30th of May. This meeting will provide an excellent opportunity not only for the India community to re-connect, but also for representatives from companies around the world to learn more about the (extremely large) local market situation.

As always, this meeting will be accessible via Zoom.
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Blog post:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/05/20/india-meeting-2022-05-31




Shane is having his (late) Golden Week vacation

 

I missed Japanese Golden Week (1st May~) due to a US business trip. I will be taking next week off instead. Please expect some delays with email :)


OpenChain Webinar #42 – Quantifying Open Source Risk in M&A – 2022-05-30 at 14:00 UTC

 

The OpenChain Project will hold its 42nd webinar on the 30th of May at 14:00 UTC. Our special guest will be Phil Odence from Synopsis with a deep dive into Quantifying Open Source Risk in M&A.

This event will be held in the OpenChain Project Zoom room:
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Check your timezone:
PDT United States Pacific UTC-07:00
UTC Coordinated Universal Time UTC
CET Central European Time UTC+01:00
IST India Standard Time UTC+05:30
CST China Standard Time UTC+08:00
KST Korea Standard Time UTC+09:00
JST Japan Standard Time UTC+09:00

Compare timezones:
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com

Join via one tap mobile:
+86 10 8783 3177,,4377592799# Mainland China
+33 1 8699 5831,,4377592799# France
+49 69 7104 9922,,4377592799# Germany
+81 524 564 439,,4377592799# Japan
+82 2 3143 9612,,4377592799# Korea
+91 80 71 279 440,,4377592799# India
+886 (2) 7741 7473,,4377592799# Taiwan
+44 330 088 5830,,4377592799# UK
+13017158592,,4377592799# USA

Find your local country number:
https://zoom.us/u/awFnORNiA
Meeting ID: 437 759 2799


OpenChain India Meeting 2022-05-31 at 17:30 IST

 

The OpenChain India Work Group has scheduled its next meeting for 17:30 on the 30th of May. This meeting will provide an excellent opportunity not only for the India community to re-connect, but also for representatives from companies around the world to learn more about the (extremely large) local market situation.

As always, this meeting will be accessible via Zoom.
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Blog post:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/05/20/india-meeting-2022-05-31


Reminder: Technical University of Munich | Study on OSS Compliance

Juliane Wissel
 

Dear OpenChain community,

 

First of all, thanks to everyone who already participated in my scientific study on the role of OSS compliance in the software supply chain! All the others I want to cordially invite again to take part. Your participation is highly valuable for my research. Please use the following link to start the study: https://OSSComplianceTUM.sawtoothsoftware.com/login.html

 

Please also share this call for participation with other experts in the areas of OSS compliance and software procurement. Thank you so much for your support!

 

Of course, you can also reach out to me via email anytime: juliane.wissel@...

 

Kind regards,
Juliane Wissel
--
 Juliane Wissel, M.Sc. (TUM)
 Technical University of Munich
 TUM School of Management
 Dr. Theo Schöller-Stiftungslehrstuhl für Technologie- und Innovationsmanagement
 Arcisstraße 21, 80333 Munich, Germany
https://www.ie.mgt.tum.de/tim/home/


Re: [germany-wg] OpenChain Webinar #41 – OSPO MindMap

 

Ana! Excellent! I am going to promote the MindMap a lot in the next few weeks!

Everyone, like Ana said start here for review and contribution! Let’s make this happen 👍
https://github.com/todogroup/ospology/pull/111

Regards

Shane

On May 20, 2022, at 3:37, Ana Jimenez <ana@...> wrote:

Hello!

FYI: Thomas has just submitted his PR and some contributors are working on its review. You can follow the progress at: https://github.com/todogroup/ospology/pull/111

Best
Ana


On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 9:58 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
Thanks Jari!

Thomas, can you give us a timescale on your expected contribution?

I want to ensure I can push the global community to contribute as much as possible.

On May 16, 2022, at 17:57, Jari Koivisto <jari.p.koivisto@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have been a bit involved with the mindmap project. At the moment Thomas Steenbergen is working on one bigger improvement as he is adding many new nodes to the mindmap, so I would say that it is better to wait a bit before starting to do any bigger additions to the mindmap.

Mindmap: https://ospomindmap.todogroup.org/
Mindmap GH repo: https://github.com/todogroup/ospology/tree/main/ospo-mindmap
Mindmap itself in GH: https://github.com/todogroup/ospology/blob/main/ospo-mindmap/Content/ospomindmap.md


BR,

Jari

---
Jari Koivisto
E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@...
Mobile: +41 78 7479791
Skype: jari.p.koivisto
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto



On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 9:01 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
A little late (apologies) we are releasing Webinar #41. This is more than a recording. Ana over at TODO Group is building an OSPO MindMap and is actively seeking collaborators. It sounds like a job for the OpenChain community!
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/05/15/webinar-41





Re: [germany-wg] OpenChain Webinar #41 – OSPO MindMap

Ana Jimenez <ana@...>
 

Hello!

FYI: Thomas has just submitted his PR and some contributors are working on its review. You can follow the progress at:  https://github.com/todogroup/ospology/pull/111

Best
Ana


On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 9:58 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
Thanks Jari!

Thomas, can you give us a timescale on your expected contribution?

I want to ensure I can push the global community to contribute as much as possible.

> On May 16, 2022, at 17:57, Jari Koivisto <jari.p.koivisto@...> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have been a bit involved with the mindmap project. At the moment Thomas Steenbergen is working on one bigger improvement as he is adding many new nodes to the mindmap, so I would say that it is better to wait a bit before starting to do any bigger additions to the mindmap.
>
> Mindmap: https://ospomindmap.todogroup.org/
> Mindmap GH repo: https://github.com/todogroup/ospology/tree/main/ospo-mindmap
> Mindmap itself in GH: https://github.com/todogroup/ospology/blob/main/ospo-mindmap/Content/ospomindmap.md
>
>
> BR,
>
>    Jari
>
> ---
> Jari Koivisto
> E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@...
> Mobile: +41 78 7479791
> Skype: jari.p.koivisto
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto
>
>
>
> On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 9:01 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
> A little late (apologies) we are releasing Webinar #41. This is more than a recording. Ana over at TODO Group is building an OSPO MindMap and is actively seeking collaborators. It sounds like a job for the OpenChain community!
> https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/05/15/webinar-41
>
>
>
>


IMPORTANT: OpenChain Survey - Last Push for Submissions

 

Dear Global Community :)

Our industry survey has had some great replies. However, we would like to get some more before closing the survey at the end of May.

Our goal is to have a better understanding of global corporate engagement and management of open source. We are considering this from a “strategy” perspective rather than a “development” perspective. Our goal is to help inform project, product and supply chain decisions in the year ahead.

Please take a moment to fill out the survey and please take another to share it. This will be the first time we have had this type of global insight in open source via a project, and it will be influential in all our planning throughout 2022 and beyond.

This survey is available in…

English:
https://forms.gle/LvU9RFZZRFb85f477

简体中文:
https://wj.qq.com/s2/9935077/5841/

繁體中文:
https://forms.gle/VK2unUYAYXEUuKeJ7

Deutsch:
https://forms.gle/j8VTN98TQy7wzPHg6

日本:
https://forms.gle/A2qdawgY9h7CWr3q8

Regards

Shane


Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@...
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


Re: [germany-wg] OpenChain Webinar #41 – OSPO MindMap

 

Thanks Jari!

Thomas, can you give us a timescale on your expected contribution?

I want to ensure I can push the global community to contribute as much as possible.

On May 16, 2022, at 17:57, Jari Koivisto <jari.p.koivisto@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have been a bit involved with the mindmap project. At the moment Thomas Steenbergen is working on one bigger improvement as he is adding many new nodes to the mindmap, so I would say that it is better to wait a bit before starting to do any bigger additions to the mindmap.

Mindmap: https://ospomindmap.todogroup.org/
Mindmap GH repo: https://github.com/todogroup/ospology/tree/main/ospo-mindmap
Mindmap itself in GH: https://github.com/todogroup/ospology/blob/main/ospo-mindmap/Content/ospomindmap.md


BR,

Jari

---
Jari Koivisto
E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@...
Mobile: +41 78 7479791
Skype: jari.p.koivisto
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto



On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 9:01 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
A little late (apologies) we are releasing Webinar #41. This is more than a recording. Ana over at TODO Group is building an OSPO MindMap and is actively seeking collaborators. It sounds like a job for the OpenChain community!
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/05/15/webinar-41





Re: [germany-wg] OpenChain Webinar #41 – OSPO MindMap

Jari Koivisto
 

Hi All,

I have been a bit involved with the mindmap project. At the moment Thomas Steenbergen is working on one bigger improvement as he is adding many new nodes to the mindmap, so I would say that it is better to wait a bit before starting to do any bigger additions to the mindmap. 



BR,

   Jari

---
Jari Koivisto
E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@...
Mobile: +41 78 7479791
Skype: jari.p.koivisto
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto



On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 9:01 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
A little late (apologies) we are releasing Webinar #41. This is more than a recording. Ana over at TODO Group is building an OSPO MindMap and is actively seeking collaborators. It sounds like a job for the OpenChain community!
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/05/15/webinar-41





Heads up… no webinar on the 17th May

 

Due to the late release of Webinar 41 (OSPO MindMaps!), we will not be having our regular bi-weekly webinar this week.

Fear not! It is coming shortly and will have another spin from another perspective on the M&A topic.

Shane

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


OpenChain Webinar #41 – OSPO MindMap

 

A little late (apologies) we are releasing Webinar #41. This is more than a recording. Ana over at TODO Group is building an OSPO MindMap and is actively seeking collaborators. It sounds like a job for the OpenChain community!
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/05/15/webinar-41


External Blog: Open Source License Compliance with OpenChain

 

External Blog: Open Source License Compliance with OpenChain
Ulrike Fempel from SAP has a few thoughts to share.
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2022/05/12/external-blog-open-source-license-compliance-with-openchain


OpenChain M&A Summit 2022

 

The OpenChain M&A Summit 2022 provides an extraordinarily detailed dive into how open source - and standards like OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230 - play a pivotal part in modern Mergers and Acquisitions. Five talks, one panel. Freely available to all.
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2022/05/01/openchain-ma-summit-2022


Re: Shane in San Francisco and San Diego

Hung Chang
 

Hi Shane,

Sorry to do this to you, but unfortunately tomorrow no longer works. Hopefully we will meet up again at a later time!

Hung

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 1:33 PM Nathan Kumagai <nathank@...> wrote:
Hi Shane - are you still coming to San Diego this week?

Nathan

From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2022 5:45 PM
To: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Subject: [openchain] Shane in San Francisco and San Diego
 
Greetings all!

I will be in San Francisco and San Diego shortly. If you are around I would love to get together.

San Francisco: May 8th to 12th
San Diego: 12th to 14th

Let me know ;)

It has been too long!

Shane






--
Hung Chang, Esq. | HungChangEsq@...


Re: Shane in San Francisco and San Diego

Nathan Kumagai
 

Hi Shane - are you still coming to San Diego this week?

Nathan

From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2022 5:45 PM
To: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Subject: [openchain] Shane in San Francisco and San Diego
 
Greetings all!

I will be in San Francisco and San Diego shortly. If you are around I would love to get together.

San Francisco: May 8th to 12th
San Diego: 12th to 14th

Let me know ;)

It has been too long!

Shane







OpenChain Last Week and Deferring Our Call Today (06:00 UTC Bi-Weekly Call Cancelled)

 

Dear OpenChain Community

It was an exceptionally quiet week for the OpenChain Project. I would like to explain why and also chart our course for the rest of this month.

Last week, during the Linux Foundation All-Hands meeting in Arizona, one of our colleagues passed away. I will not go into details of who or why. It is sufficient to say that this was a shock to a great many people inside the LF. LF executive management, Eds and GMs quickly made the call to spin activity down and give everyone time to process things.

This week I am in the process of resuming full operations. I have a backlog of videos to process, and prior to the All-Hands being cancelled mid-way, I have open discussions with our peers at Hyperledger, OpenSSF and TODO Group about collaboration on cool things in Q2 2022 onward.

I debated whether to run our regular bi-weekly call this evening but I decided to cancel it. There are two reasons. One is that I have not fully processed the global activity over the prior seven days, and I want to catch up before briefing you. The other is that on the last call we decided to move towards a schedule of mini-summits rather than simple bi-weekly calls, based on feedback and on observed attendance.

This imperfect moment of tragedy, backlog and prior decision may be the best inflection point to make this happen.

You will receive a series of briefing emails during this week to take you up-to-speed, to solicit your feedback, and to ensure our continued success. Meanwhile, and most importantly, take care of yourselves out there.

Regards

Shane


Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@...
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


Re: Technical University of Munich | Study on OSS Compliance

Mattran, Mary
 

Hi Juliane,

Will the participants or everyone on this list see the results of this study?  When do you think results will be available?

Warm Regards,
Mary


Invitation: OpenChain M&A Summit @ Thu Apr 28 23:00 - Fri Apr 29, 2022 02:00 (JST) (main@lists.openchainproject.org)

 

You have been invited to the following event.

OpenChain M&A Summit

When
Thu Apr 28 23:00 – Fri Apr 29, 2022 02:00 Japan Standard Time
Where
RSVP: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PZYg-Mm6TN2OOx-8baqmEg (map)
Calendar
main@...
Who
scoughlan@... - creator
OpenChain Main
OpenChain Automotive
OpenChain Telco Work Group
The OpenChain M&A Summit 2022 brings together key law firms and service providers helping clients with M&A. You will come away from this event with a clearer understanding of global trends around open source mergers and acquisitions. Free and open to everyone.

Timing

This event takes places at 14:00 UTC on April 28th and runs for around three hours. That translates to:

07:00 PDT
10:00 EDT
16:00 CEST
19:30 IST
22:00 CST
23:00 KST
23:00 JST

Agenda

An Overview of A Typical M&A With OpenChain
Leon Schwartz, GTC Law

M&A From The Perspective Of Security
Jan Thielscher, EACG

Checking Compliance With FOSSmatrix
Hendrik Schottle, Osborne Clark

Sustainability Of Open Source Licenses
Dr. Andreas Kotulla, Bitsea

Specific M&A Transaction Case Study
Marcel Scholze, PwC

Panel with all presenters

RSVP (Required for Entry)
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PZYg-Mm6TN2OOx-8baqmEg

Going (main@...)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account main@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.

421 - 440 of 5036