Date   

Reminder: OpenChain specification available for public comments

Mark Gisi
 

The final release candidate for the first version of the OpenChain specification is available for public comments on the OpenChain wiki at:

      https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/_media/openchain/openchainspec-2016-05-16-1.pdf

 

The public comments phase, which represents the last step in the release process, began last week and will remain open for 30 days closing on June 17th.  

 

Please feel free to post comments about this current version by using one of the following methods:

·        to this mailing list;

·        at the next upcoming OpenChain Specification meeting on June 6th at 9am PST; or

·        to me at mark.gisi@... if you prefer to remain anonymous.

 

Thanks,

- Mark

 


Re: Curriculum next steps

Dave Marr
 

Shane please add me as a member of the curriculum work team.

Thanks,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Shane Martin Coughlan
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 10:51 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] Curriculum next steps

Dear OpenChain project members

Thank you to everyone who contributed to our last call and to many others who expressed interest in contributing to our curriculum work team.

The specific proposals to launch the work team were:
(1) We provide high level process management slides that can be adopted and expanded by any company seeking to undertake Open Source compliance;
(2) We will create the first iteration of these slides in a three month (3 call) window, with most of the actual work happening offline;
(3) We re-use existing material that is available (or can be made available) under a CC-0 license;
(4) We keep things simple to make adoption, translation and understand as straightforward as possible.

These proposals were accepted by the curriculum work team members present.

What this means for the team is:
(1) An initial version of the slides going online for editing next week;
(2) The team working on the slides for the next month to prepare the first draft;
(3) Review of the slides will take place on our second call to assess status and where we need to focus energy;
(4) The subsequent month will apply focus to these points before resulting in our first deliverable for consideration in the third call.

I will send an email next week with details of how we will collaborate online.

Regards

Shane
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Curriculum next steps

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>
 

Dear OpenChain project members

Thank you to everyone who contributed to our last call and to many others who expressed interest in contributing to our curriculum work team.

The specific proposals to launch the work team were:
(1) We provide high level process management slides that can be adopted and expanded by any company seeking to undertake Open Source compliance;
(2) We will create the first iteration of these slides in a three month (3 call) window, with most of the actual work happening offline;
(3) We re-use existing material that is available (or can be made available) under a CC-0 license;
(4) We keep things simple to make adoption, translation and understand as straightforward as possible.

These proposals were accepted by the curriculum work team members present.

What this means for the team is:
(1) An initial version of the slides going online for editing next week;
(2) The team working on the slides for the next month to prepare the first draft;
(3) Review of the slides will take place on our second call to assess status and where we need to focus energy;
(4) The subsequent month will apply focus to these points before resulting in our first deliverable for consideration in the third call.

I will send an email next week with details of how we will collaborate online.

Regards

Shane


Re: OpenChain agenda 5/16

Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah.foster@...>
 



On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 12:37 AM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Hi Jeremiah,

 

Thanks for the feedback and good points to discuss on our next call on 6/6.  Does that work for you?


You bet! 

Thanks again Kelly,

Jeremiah
 

 

Regards,
Kelly

 

From: Jeremiah Foster [mailto:jeremiah.foster@...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:31 AM
To: Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...>
Cc: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/16

 

 

 

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 1:40 AM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

 

The presentation and minutes are posted on the wiki https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes.

 

Thank you Kelly for the minutes and slides -- this is much appreciated.

 

My feedback;

 

1. I would like to hear something from OpenChain regarding vendor neutrality in the proposals section. I think it is implied somewhat, but I don't think it would hurt to make this explicit. By vendor neutrality I mean that no particular company, or particular company process, or even a particular community process, is considered the orthodoxy. This allows for greater balance of the "permissive" and "copyleft" dichotomy which I think is also mirrored in the "open source" and "free software" community. That dichotomy is confusing to many companies and ought to be ameliorated as much as it can be and I think neutrality and focus on pragmatic aspects of compliance will best serve those companies involved in open source and hopefully improve the number that are in compliance with all FOSS licenses.

 

2. I think there have been some important changes in compliance since OpenChain was founded that would be nice for OpenChain to address proactively, namely the community compliance process. This process, largely made public last year, is exemplified by sites like this one: http://copyleft.org/guide/comprehensive-gpl-guidepa2.html but not limited to this. Both the SFC and FSF have resources on community compliance that perhaps might be reused in some way perhaps.

 

Lastly, thanks everyone for the clear, and clearly communicated proposals. I think this is hugely important for widespread adoption.

 

Regards,

 

Jeremiah

 

 

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

 

Thanks!

Kelly

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 3:51 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/16

 

Note: new time and phone bridge info

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here is the agenda for Mon, 5/2 16 at 5pm (PST):

 

·         Domain name survey results

·         Curriculum

·         Specification

 

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart

Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470

Alternate number: 512-910-4433

No PIN needed

 

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:

https://www.uberconference.com/international

for the specific country numbers.

 

1. Dial the local number based on your location.

2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

 


_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain



 

--

Jeremiah C. Foster

GENIVI COMMUNITY MANAGER

 

Pelagicore AB

Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18
Gothenburg, Sweden




--
Jeremiah C. Foster
GENIVI COMMUNITY MANAGER

Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18
Gothenburg, Sweden
M: +46 (0)73 093 0506


Re: OpenChain agenda 5/16

Kelly Williams
 

Hi Jeremiah,

 

Thanks for the feedback and good points to discuss on our next call on 6/6.  Does that work for you?

 

Regards,
Kelly

 

From: Jeremiah Foster [mailto:jeremiah.foster@...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:31 AM
To: Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...>
Cc: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/16

 

 

 

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 1:40 AM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

 

The presentation and minutes are posted on the wiki https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes.

 

Thank you Kelly for the minutes and slides -- this is much appreciated.

 

My feedback;

 

1. I would like to hear something from OpenChain regarding vendor neutrality in the proposals section. I think it is implied somewhat, but I don't think it would hurt to make this explicit. By vendor neutrality I mean that no particular company, or particular company process, or even a particular community process, is considered the orthodoxy. This allows for greater balance of the "permissive" and "copyleft" dichotomy which I think is also mirrored in the "open source" and "free software" community. That dichotomy is confusing to many companies and ought to be ameliorated as much as it can be and I think neutrality and focus on pragmatic aspects of compliance will best serve those companies involved in open source and hopefully improve the number that are in compliance with all FOSS licenses.

 

2. I think there have been some important changes in compliance since OpenChain was founded that would be nice for OpenChain to address proactively, namely the community compliance process. This process, largely made public last year, is exemplified by sites like this one: http://copyleft.org/guide/comprehensive-gpl-guidepa2.html but not limited to this. Both the SFC and FSF have resources on community compliance that perhaps might be reused in some way perhaps.

 

Lastly, thanks everyone for the clear, and clearly communicated proposals. I think this is hugely important for widespread adoption.

 

Regards,

 

Jeremiah

 

 

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

 

Thanks!

Kelly

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 3:51 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/16

 

Note: new time and phone bridge info

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here is the agenda for Mon, 5/2 16 at 5pm (PST):

 

·         Domain name survey results

·         Curriculum

·         Specification

 

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart

Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470

Alternate number: 512-910-4433

No PIN needed

 

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:

https://www.uberconference.com/international

for the specific country numbers.

 

1. Dial the local number based on your location.

2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

 


_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain



 

--

Jeremiah C. Foster

GENIVI COMMUNITY MANAGER

 

Pelagicore AB

Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18
Gothenburg, Sweden

M: +46 (0)73 093 0506


Re: OpenChain agenda 5/16

Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah.foster@...>
 



On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 1:40 AM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

 

The presentation and minutes are posted on the wiki https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes.


Thank you Kelly for the minutes and slides -- this is much appreciated.

My feedback;

1. I would like to hear something from OpenChain regarding vendor neutrality in the proposals section. I think it is implied somewhat, but I don't think it would hurt to make this explicit. By vendor neutrality I mean that no particular company, or particular company process, or even a particular community process, is considered the orthodoxy. This allows for greater balance of the "permissive" and "copyleft" dichotomy which I think is also mirrored in the "open source" and "free software" community. That dichotomy is confusing to many companies and ought to be ameliorated as much as it can be and I think neutrality and focus on pragmatic aspects of compliance will best serve those companies involved in open source and hopefully improve the number that are in compliance with all FOSS licenses.

2. I think there have been some important changes in compliance since OpenChain was founded that would be nice for OpenChain to address proactively, namely the community compliance process. This process, largely made public last year, is exemplified by sites like this one: http://copyleft.org/guide/comprehensive-gpl-guidepa2.html but not limited to this. Both the SFC and FSF have resources on community compliance that perhaps might be reused in some way perhaps.

Lastly, thanks everyone for the clear, and clearly communicated proposals. I think this is hugely important for widespread adoption.

Regards,

Jeremiah
 

 

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

 

Thanks!

Kelly

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 3:51 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/16

 

Note: new time and phone bridge info

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here is the agenda for Mon, 5/2 16 at 5pm (PST):

 

·         Domain name survey results

·         Curriculum

·         Specification

 

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart

Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470

Alternate number: 512-910-4433

No PIN needed

 

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:

https://www.uberconference.com/international

for the specific country numbers.

 

1. Dial the local number based on your location.

2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

 


_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain




--
Jeremiah C. Foster
GENIVI COMMUNITY MANAGER

Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18
Gothenburg, Sweden
M: +46 (0)73 093 0506


Re: OpenChain agenda 5/16

Kelly Williams
 

Hi Everyone,

 

The presentation and minutes are posted on the wiki https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes.

 

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

 

Thanks!

Kelly

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Williams, Kelly
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 3:51 PM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/16

 

Note: new time and phone bridge info

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here is the agenda for Mon, 5/2 16 at 5pm (PST):

 

·         Domain name survey results

·         Curriculum

·         Specification

 

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart

Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470

Alternate number: 512-910-4433

No PIN needed

 

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:

https://www.uberconference.com/international

for the specific country numbers.

 

1. Dial the local number based on your location.

2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

 


OpenChain Working Group (Third Monday of each month invite)

Dave Marr
 

Hi, in case some still have a calendar invite for a 9am PT meeting today, this is just a reminder that we are having our call at 5pm PT later today.

We will begin our discussion on the Curriculum topic led by Shane, followed by next steps on the Specification led by Mark.

As mentioned in the last call and minutes for that call, we will be alternating topics and times for a cadence to allow more global participation -- 1st week of the month will be at a EU/US time and the 3rd week of the month will be at a US/APAC time.

If you don't have a calendar invite to the new time/cadence please let Kelly or I know so we can get that to you!

Thanks,
Dave


Re: OpenChain agenda 5/16

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>
 

Hi Catarina

Agreed, we need to keep things clear and simple to ensure translation is as easy as possible. This is, after all, a global community!

Regards

Shane

On May 16, 2016, at 9:59 PM, Catharina Maracke <catharinamaracke@...> wrote:

Dear Kelly,
dear All,

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to join today’s call but I look forward to the result of the discussions and the next steps.

One thought I would like to bring up in the context of the curriculum discussion as well as the specification is the question of translation into other languages, e.g. Chinese (mandarin), Japanese and perhaps German/French. I would support the idea of translating the final version of the specification and also the future version of the curriculum. Perhaps we can keep this idea in mind when we start working on the curriculum and also further developing the specification.

All best,

Catharina



On May 14, 2016, at 12:50 AM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Note: new time and phone bridge info

Hi Everyone,

Here is the agenda for Mon, 5/2 at 5pm (PST):

· Domain name survey results
· Curriculum
· Specification

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart
Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470
Alternate number: 512-910-4433
No PIN needed

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:
https://www.uberconference.com/international
for the specific country numbers.

1. Dial the local number based on your location.
2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

Regards,
Kelly


_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


Re: OpenChain agenda 5/16

Catharina Maracke
 

Dear Kelly,
dear All, 

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to join today’s call but I look forward to the result of the discussions and the next steps.

One thought I would like to bring up in the context of the curriculum discussion as well as the specification is the question of translation into other languages, e.g. Chinese (mandarin), Japanese and perhaps German/French. I would support the idea of translating the final version of the specification and also the future version of the curriculum. Perhaps we can keep this idea in mind when we start working on the curriculum and also further developing the specification.

All best,

Catharina



On May 14, 2016, at 12:50 AM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Note: new time and phone bridge info
 
Hi Everyone,
 
Here is the agenda for Mon, 5/2 at 5pm (PST):
 
·         Domain name survey results
·         Curriculum
·         Specification
 
Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470
Alternate number: 512-910-4433
No PIN needed
 
If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:
for the specific country numbers.
 
1. Dial the local number based on your location.
2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.
 
Regards,
Kelly 
 
 
_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain


OpenChain agenda 5/16

Kelly Williams
 

Note: new time and phone bridge info

 

Hi Everyone,

 

Here is the agenda for Mon, 5/2 at 5pm (PST):

 

·         Domain name survey results

·         Curriculum

·         Specification

 

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart

Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470

Alternate number: 512-910-4433

No PIN needed

 

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:

https://www.uberconference.com/international

for the specific country numbers.

 

1. Dial the local number based on your location.

2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

 


Invitation: OpenChain (Specification & Curriculum) @ Monthly from 7pm to 8pm on the third Monday (kstewart@linuxfoundation.org)

Kate Stewart
 

OpenChain (Specification & Curriculum)

Welcome to the Open Chain call on the Specification & Curriculum working group

Agenda and Minutes: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart
Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470
Alternate number: 512-910-4433
No PIN needed

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:
https://www.uberconference.com/international
for the specific country numbers.

1. Dial the local number based on your location.
2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

When
Monthly from 7pm to 8pm on the third Monday Central Time
Where
https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart (map)
Calendar
kstewart@...
Who
Kate Stewart - organizer
kellyw@...
dmarr@...
cmaracke@...
mikeyang@...
eileen.evans@...
openchain@...
oliver.fendt@...
ibrahim.h@...
hung.chang@...
gunnar.nilsson@...
jilayne.lovejoy@...
Mark.Gisi@...
jbuttura@...
ballhausen@...
shane@...

Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Invitation: OpenChain (Specification & Certification ) @ Monthly from 11am to 12pm on the first Monday (kstewart@linuxfoundation.org)

Kate Stewart
 

OpenChain (Specification & Certification )

Welcome to the Open Chain call for the Specification & Certification working groups

Agenda and Minutes: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart
Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470
Alternate number: 512-910-4433
No PIN needed

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:
https://www.uberconference.com/international
for the specific country numbers.

1. Dial the local number based on your location.
2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

When
Monthly from 11am to 12pm on the first Monday Central Time
Where
https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart (map)
Calendar
kstewart@...
Who
Kate Stewart - organizer
kellyw@...
dmarr@...
cmaracke@...
mikeyang@...
eileen.evans@...
openchain@...
oliver.fendt@...
ibrahim.h@...
hung.chang@...
gunnar.nilsson@...
jilayne.lovejoy@...
Mark.Gisi@...
jbuttura@...
ballhausen@...
shane@...

Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Invitation: OpenChain (Specification & Curriculum) @ Mon May 16, 2016 7pm - 8pm (kstewart@linuxfoundation.org)

Kate Stewart
 

OpenChain (Specification & Curriculum)

Welcome to the Open Chain call on the Specification & Curriculum working group

Agenda and Minutes: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes

Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart
Optional dial in number: 877-297-7470
Alternate number: 512-910-4433
No PIN needed

If you need to use a local phone number, please consult:
https://www.uberconference.com/international
for the specific country numbers.

1. Dial the local number based on your location.
2. Enter 512 910 4433, then #.

When
Mon May 16, 2016 7pm – 8pm Central Time
Where
https://www.uberconference.com/katestewart (map)
Calendar
kstewart@...
Who
Kate Stewart - organizer
dmarr@...
kellyw@...
cmaracke@...
mikeyang@...
eileen.evans@...
openchain@...
oliver.fendt@...
ibrahim.h@...
hung.chang@...
gunnar.nilsson@...
jilayne.lovejoy@...
Mark.Gisi@...
jbuttura@...
shane@...
ballhausen@...

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Canceled Event: OpenChain Working Group (First and Third Monday each month) @ Monthly from 12pm to 1pm on the first Monday from Mon May 4, 2015 to Mon Dec 3, 2018 (mdolan@linuxfoundation.org)

mdolan@...
 

This event has been canceled and removed from your calendar.

OpenChain Working Group (First and Third Monday each month)

Sending an updated invitation as the group decided to move the calls to the first and third Monday of each month. There are two invites - one for the first Monday and the second for the third Monday.

Audio portion:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

When
Monthly from 12pm to 1pm on the first Monday from Mon May 4, 2015 to Mon Dec 3, 2018 Eastern Time
Where
Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326 UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan (map)
Calendar
mdolan@...
Who
Michael Dolan - organizer
shane@...
sami.atabani@...
hutch@...
andrew.wilson@...
openchain@...
mishi@...
Scott Nicholas
ziegenhorn@...
angela_ziegenhorn@...
zoe.rose@...
mark.radcliffe@...
mike.nesheiwat@...
mccoy.smith@...
hook@...
ibrahim.h@...
berrendo@...
vondavid@...
Kate Stewart
douglas.cardwell@...
lisa_laforge@...
alyssa.harveydawson@...
jbuttura@...

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Canceled Event: OpenChain Working Group (Third Monday of each month invite) @ Monthly from 12pm to 1pm on the third Monday from Mon May 18, 2015 to Mon Nov 19, 2018 (mdolan@linuxfoundation.org)

mdolan@...
 

This event has been canceled and removed from your calendar.

OpenChain Working Group (Third Monday of each month invite)

Sending an updated invitation as the group decided to move the calls to the first and third Monday of each month. There are two invites - one for the first Monday and the second for the third Monday.

Audio portion:

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326
UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan

For international call instructions, please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
http://www.uberconference.com/international/access

Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan

When
Monthly from 12pm to 1pm on the third Monday from Mon May 18, 2015 to Mon Nov 19, 2018 Eastern Time
Where
Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326 UberConference URL: http://uberconference.com/mdolan (map)
Calendar
mdolan@...
Who
Michael Dolan - organizer
shane@...
sami.atabani@...
hutch@...
andrew.wilson@...
openchain@...
mishi@...
Scott Nicholas
ziegenhorn@...
angela_ziegenhorn@...
zoe.rose@...
mark.radcliffe@...
mike.nesheiwat@...
mccoy.smith@...
hook@...
ibrahim.h@...
berrendo@...
vondavid@...
Kate Stewart
douglas.cardwell@...
lisa_laforge@...
alyssa.harveydawson@...
hung.chang@...

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account openchain@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Re: OpenChain agenda 5/2

Kelly Williams
 

Hi Jeremiah,

 

Sure thing.  I will add it to the upcoming meeting agenda. 

 

Thanks,
Kelly

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jeremiah Foster
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 11:03 AM
To: Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>
Cc: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/2

 

 

 

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

Hi Dave

Perfect! A recap and setting some milestones for the months ahead like a good place to start.

 

I wonder if I might add some items to that agenda? I have two items;

 

1. Is the intention of OpenChain to produce an ISO standard for open source license compliance? If I remember correctly, that was the original plan, but I don't see any mention of that on the current wiki. In the automotive industry, ISO standards are looked upon as useful and providing some reassurance around process. 

 

2. What is the OpenChain relationship to and is there any overlap with the TODO group? http://todogroup.org/

 

Cheers,

 

Jeremiah

 


Regards

Shane


> On May 4, 2016, at 1:47 AM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Shane,
>
> Much thanks to you and all the Work Team Chairs in advance for the leadership on these key aspects of OpenChain.  Let's do some agenda bashing in anticipation of the curriculum discussion arising on 5/16.  Might be worth recapping the curriculum-related prior discussions so the team has continuity and then take it forward from there.
>
> Dave
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Shane Martin Coughlan
> Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 7:57 AM
> To: Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...>
> Cc: openchain@...
> Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/2
>
> Hi Kelly, all
>
> I would like to thank everyone for their support in my election as Curriculum Work Team Chair.
>
> I look forward to setting the timing of our call on Monday 5/16 and planning next steps.
>
> Regards
>
> Shane
>
>> On May 3, 2016, at 4:10 AM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for meeting today.  The minutes are posted on the wiki at https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes.
>>
>> Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kelly
>>
>>
>> From: openchain-bounces@...
>> [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of
>> Williams, Kelly
>> Sent: Friday, April 29, 2016 2:23 PM
>> To: openchain@...
>> Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/2
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Here is the agenda for Mon, 5/2 at 9am (Pacific):
>>
>> ·         Work Team Chair elections
>> ·         Work Team meeting format
>> ·         Web updates
>> Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326 UberConference URL:
>> http://uberconference.com/mdolan For international call instructions,
>> please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
>> http://www.uberconference.com/international/access
>> Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kelly
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> OpenChain mailing list
>> OpenChain@...
>> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
>
> _______________________________________________
> OpenChain mailing list
> OpenChain@...
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain



 

--

Jeremiah C. Foster

GENIVI COMMUNITY MANAGER

 

Pelagicore AB

Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18
Gothenburg, Sweden

M: +46 (0)73 093 0506


Re: OpenChain Feedback Requested

Kelly Williams
 

Hi Everyone,

 

You may have received an error when you click on the survey link.  It looks like it recognizes the mail list as a single voter.  I’m working with Kate on getting the  list of subscribers and will resend.  My apologies for the confusion.

 

As background info, we mentioned on the previous call that we are transitioning from Working Group to Collab Project on the LF site.  We would like input on the OpenChain domain name.  Unfortunately, www.openchain.org is taken. 

 

Thanks,
Kelly

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of kellyw@... via surveymonkey.com
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 11:09 AM
To: openchain@...
Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain Feedback Requested

 

 

 

 

OpenChain Domain Name

 

 

 

 

 

We're conducting a survey and your input would be appreciated. Click the button below to start the survey. Thank you for your participation!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please do not forward this email as its survey link is unique to you.
Opt out of receiving surveys from this sender

 

 

Powered by

SurveyMonkey Logo

 


OpenChain Feedback Requested

Kelly Williams
 

 
    OpenChain Domain Name    
 
 
 

We're conducting a survey and your input would be appreciated. Click the button below to start the survey. Thank you for your participation!

 
 
 
Begin Survey
 
 
 

Please do not forward this email as its survey link is unique to you.
Opt out of receiving surveys from this sender

 
 
Powered by SurveyMonkey Logo
 


Re: OpenChain agenda 5/2

Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah.foster@...>
 



On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:
Hi Dave

Perfect! A recap and setting some milestones for the months ahead like a good place to start.

I wonder if I might add some items to that agenda? I have two items;

1. Is the intention of OpenChain to produce an ISO standard for open source license compliance? If I remember correctly, that was the original plan, but I don't see any mention of that on the current wiki. In the automotive industry, ISO standards are looked upon as useful and providing some reassurance around process. 

2. What is the OpenChain relationship to and is there any overlap with the TODO group? http://todogroup.org/

Cheers,

Jeremiah
 

Regards

Shane

> On May 4, 2016, at 1:47 AM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Shane,
>
> Much thanks to you and all the Work Team Chairs in advance for the leadership on these key aspects of OpenChain.  Let's do some agenda bashing in anticipation of the curriculum discussion arising on 5/16.  Might be worth recapping the curriculum-related prior discussions so the team has continuity and then take it forward from there.
>
> Dave
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Shane Martin Coughlan
> Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 7:57 AM
> To: Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...>
> Cc: openchain@...
> Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/2
>
> Hi Kelly, all
>
> I would like to thank everyone for their support in my election as Curriculum Work Team Chair.
>
> I look forward to setting the timing of our call on Monday 5/16 and planning next steps.
>
> Regards
>
> Shane
>
>> On May 3, 2016, at 4:10 AM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for meeting today.  The minutes are posted on the wiki at https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/minutes.
>>
>> Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kelly
>>
>>
>> From: openchain-bounces@...
>> [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of
>> Williams, Kelly
>> Sent: Friday, April 29, 2016 2:23 PM
>> To: openchain@...
>> Subject: [OpenChain] OpenChain agenda 5/2
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Here is the agenda for Mon, 5/2 at 9am (Pacific):
>>
>> ·         Work Team Chair elections
>> ·         Work Team meeting format
>> ·         Web updates
>> Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657 Pin: 88326 UberConference URL:
>> http://uberconference.com/mdolan For international call instructions,
>> please visit the website below. Please note you will have to enter the US Conference number as part of the instructions:
>> http://www.uberconference.com/international/access
>> Screen share (if used): go to http://uberconference.com/mdolan
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kelly
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> OpenChain mailing list
>> OpenChain@...
>> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain
>
> _______________________________________________
> OpenChain mailing list
> OpenChain@...
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain

_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain



--
Jeremiah C. Foster
GENIVI COMMUNITY MANAGER

Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18
Gothenburg, Sweden
M: +46 (0)73 093 0506