From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: 09 March 2022 04:11
To: main@...
Subject: Re: [openchain] Timezone management for our community

[External]

It’s a great idea (and I use this service all the time on my phone), but some people wanted timezone information inside emails. So we used the current format… 🤷

In Europe we often *only* provide UTC and a link to something like Timebuddy. However, we tried and had questions from people about what that meant in their timezone. 🤦‍♂️

I see three possible solutions right now:

1) we do not change anything

2) we only provide UTC and a link to Timebuddy

3) we name the country of the timezone

The last one would seem to solve all problems but it would make email subjects incredibly long. Example:
OpenChain Regular Webinar: GPLv3 - 06:00 United States Pacific, 14:00 UTC, 15:00 Belgium, 19:30 Mumbai, 22:00 China, 23:00 Korea and Japan

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan__;!!A3Ni8CS0y2Y!ovCVonBz5czmF0pJw4JrDbxgw4DcmrwWFQ_S2PElAqnP18hC0UgpzIoltp25UEeBo2L9$

On Mar 9, 2022, at 12:55, Norio Kobota <norio.kobota@...> wrote:

Hi Shane,

How about using the following service together?
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/__;!!A3Ni8C
S0y2Y!ovCVonBz5czmF0pJw4JrDbxgw4DcmrwWFQ_S2PElAqnP18hC0UgpzIoltp25UPpw
9cZ1$

Best,
-- kobota

Von: main@... <main@...> im Auftrag von Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org<scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Datum: Freitag, 15. Oktober 2021 um 08:46
An: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Cc: Mark Gisi <mark.gisi@...>
Betreff: Re: [openchain] OpenChain Mini-Summit - Reviewing Our Security Assurance Guide - Starts in ~30 minutes via Zoom

Thank you Chris!

Flagging for Mark (CC) for review.

On Oct 8, 2021, at 23:50, Christopher Wood <cvw01@...> wrote:

Shane
I had a few thoughts for consideration so I added them to the OpenChain Security Assurance Guide V1 attached. I made the additions or suggested changes with the MS Word Tracking mode on so you should be able to see the bars in the left side margin.

Regards
Chris

On Thursday, September 30, 2021, 03:23:52 PM CDT, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

All welcome as Mark Gisi leads us through next steps in the security assurance guide for ISO 5230.
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Learn more about the current guide here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/08/12/openchain-iso-5230-security-assurance-reference-guide-now-available

<OpenChainSecurityAssuranceGuide.1.0-2021a_rcw.docx>

OpenChain @ Cybeats Powerhouse Perspectives

Open source, security, supply chain, sustainability. In this informal discussion we had a chance to cover it all.
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/03/03/openchain-cybeats-powerhouse-perspectives

Re: OpenChain Mini-Summit - Reviewing Our Security Assurance Guide - Starts in ~30 minutes via Zoom

Jan Thielscher

Von: main@... <main@...> im Auftrag von Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Datum: Freitag, 15. Oktober 2021 um 08:46
An: OpenChain Main <main@...>
Cc: Mark Gisi <mark.gisi@...>

Thank you Chris!

Flagging for Mark (CC) for review.

> On Oct 8, 2021, at 23:50, Christopher Wood <cvw01@...> wrote:
>
> Shane
> I had a few thoughts for consideration so I added them to the OpenChain Security Assurance Guide V1 attached.  I made the additions or suggested changes with the MS Word Tracking mode on so you should be able to see the bars in the left side margin.
>
> Regards
> Chris
>
> On Thursday, September 30, 2021, 03:23:52 PM CDT, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
>

> All welcome as Mark Gisi leads us through next steps in the security assurance guide for ISO 5230.
> https://zoom.us/j/4377592799
>
> Learn more about the current guide here:
> https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/08/12/openchain-iso-5230-security-assurance-reference-guide-now-available
>

> <OpenChainSecurityAssuranceGuide.1.0-2021a_rcw.docx>

LFC194 online course preparation

A reminder that our final editing session for the new training course happens in about an hour. Your help to close this is deeply appreciated 😊

Invitation: LFC194 online course preparation @ Weekly from 19:30 to 20:30 on Tuesday (JST) (main@lists.openchainproject.org)

You have been invited to the following event.

LFC194 online course preparation

When
Weekly from 19:30 to 20:30 on Tuesday Japan Standard Time
Where
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799 (map)
Calendar
main@...
Who
scoughlan@... - creator
balakrishna1838@...
jari.p.koivisto@...
rajivkjs@...
OpenChain Education
germany-wg@...
india-wg@...
OpenChain Main
partners@...
uk-wg@...
Hello All,

Welcome back, first of all we have a good news. Our LF training design point of contact gave us following information "I wanted to let you know that the first OpenChain course *LFC193* is getting very good reviews from learners: 4.68/5. Learners mentioned that they loved that the course is very straightforward, the explanations are clear, simple and easy to understand, exceeding expectations."

Now it's time for us to come back together, join hands and develop and review the second part of the course as we previously discussed. This time LFC194 will have the remaining chapters with a brief recap of highlights from the previous course.

We have a wishful release date of the course to be on 17th March 2022 during OpenChain IPR event. for which we have to handover the reviewed course document to the design team by 17th of Feb 2022. Let's try our best for the same :)

LFC194 Course document - https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=674AE6F2A656C9C5!2229&cid=272215E9-E501-483B-84D8-73768D78DEC2&ithint=file%2cdocx&wdLOR=c0BDE0B94-C90A-44BB-8E64-4CFD5104EE51&authkey=!ANA7cxBJ_cnWD3w

LFC194 course design document - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rA5VkMMVpR3GZ8kEj2fN6Bgt-smo3aYMqx-LHI6Y2uA/edit

Zoom call -

https://zoom.us/j/4377592799 ( https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fzoom.us%2Fj%2F4377592799&data=04%7C01%7Cbalakrishna.mukundraj%40in.bosch.com%7C459f29d0de1647c2c61d08d9a80c6a80%7C0ae51e1907c84e4bbb6d648ee58410f4%7C0%7C0%7C637725593966075762%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=MbgMWdnRi4BVAFS1tyYMI8HuVKCXPyOtdwod7ETjYL0%3D&reserved=0 )

Thank you.

Regards,
Balakrishna Mukundaraj

Going (main@...)?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account main@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.

OpenChain Bi-Weekly Call in 45 minutes - 06:00 PST / 14:00 UTC / 15:00 CET / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST + JST

We will be taking stock of the second OpenChain training course before the Education team close it off tomorrow:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnkTXQO3MQSf3J1g98

OpenChain Education Work Group 2022-02-22

Check out the latest meeting of the Education Work Group here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2022/02/27/openchain-education-work-group-2022-02-22

We are finalizing the material for our second online course. Your thoughts, as always, as welcomed.

Webinar #37 – The Mulan License

The Mulan license family from China has gradually been gaining momentum in their home locality, and should increasingly be on our collective radar. Chengshuang Li, a standards engineer from CESI, kindly delivered one of the first comprehensive strategic overviews of how and why this license family came to be. Check it out in one of our regular webinars:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2022/02/23/webinar-37-the-mulan-license

You can also catch up with all 36 of our previous webinars here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/category/webinar
It constitutes one of the latest resources for compliance presentations in the world, and it is free to use.

Re: 答复: [openchain] Vote on our OpenChain ISO 5230 conformance logo - change or no change?

Mishi Choudhary

+1

+1
Sami
*From: *<main@... <mailto:main@...>> on behalf of "冯涛via lists.openchainproject.org" <kris.feng=oppo.com@... <mailto:kris.feng=oppo.com@...>>
*Reply to: *"main@... <mailto:main@...>" <main@... <mailto:main@...>>
*Date: *Tuesday, 20 July 2021 at 01:57
*To: *"main@... <mailto:main@...>" <main@... <mailto:main@...>>
==============
> [...]
Mishi Choudhary, Esq.
Legal Director,
Software Freedom Law Center, New York
Direct: +1-212-461-1912| Main: +1-212-461-1900

Managing Partner,
Moglen & Associates,
33 W 60th St, Second Floor,
New York, NY 10023
Email:mishi@...

The information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by email, help@..., and destroy the original message.

Open Source Policy Template – Now in Japanese

The OpenChain Open Source Policy Template helps apply the key requirements for a quality open source compliance program. It provides sample policy text that helps organisations select, classify, incorporate and publish open source code with a focus on legal compliance of open source.

This template has been available in English for several years thanks to the hard work of Andrew Katz, the teams at Moorcrofts and Orcro, and the broader OpenChain community. Now, thanks to Masahiko Hayashi and the team at NEC, this policy template is available in Japanese.

This is an excellent resource to help you conform to OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230:2020 or to simply improve your internal process management for open source.

Download the Japanese version here:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/blob/master/Open-Source-Policy/Official/2.1/ja/Open-Source-Policy-Template-ja-OpenChain2.1-ISO5230-JA.docx

Download the English version here:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/blob/master/Open-Source-Policy/Official/2.1/en/Open-Source-Policy-Template-en-OpenChain2.1-ISO5230.xlsx