Date   

Catch Up: OpenChain Webinar #33 – The McHardy Story

 


Catch Up: OpenChain Webinar #32 – Getting Started With OpenChain

 

OpenChain Webinar #32 – Getting Started With OpenChain
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/11/03/getting-started-with-openchain


Catch Up: OpenChain Global Work Group Meeting 2021-11-09

 

OpenChain Global Work Group Meeting 2021-11-09
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/11/10/global-wg-2021-11-09


Re: [telco] Invitation: Telco Work Group @ Fri Nov 19, 2021 02:00 - 03:00 (JST) (telco@lists.openchainproject.org)

 

Reminder: This call takes place in just under four hours. All welcome!

On Nov 18, 2021, at 14:52, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:

You have been invited to the following event.
Telco Work Group
When
Fri Nov 19, 2021 02:00 – 03:00 Japan Standard Time
Where
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799 (map)
Calendar
telco@...
Who

scoughlan@... - creator

telco@...
more details »
This meeting of the telco work group is designed to allow North American and European stakeholders to sync. It will be chaired by Jimmy from Ericsson.
Dial in:
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

~==========================~
You have been invited to a Zoom meeting:

https://zoom.us/j/99685933268?pwd=aGNQcHZ5ZkdoaFNRN1pXZGFIVXo2UT09

Meeting ID: 99685933268
Password: ghhQr_Kf4s

One tap mobile:
+16465588656,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# US (New York)
+16699006833,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# US (Tacoma)
+13017158592,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# US (Chicago)
+13462487799,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# US (Houston)
+18558801246,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# US
+18773690926,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# US
+16475580588,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# Canada
+17789072071,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# Canada
+12042727920,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# Canada
+14388097799,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# Canada
+15873281099,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# Canada
+16473744685,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# Canada
+18557038985,,99685933268#,,,,0#,,8286307260# Canada

Dial by your location:
+1 6465588656 US (New York)
+1 6699006833 US (San Jose)
+1 2532158782 US (Tacoma)
+1 3017158592 US (Washington DC)
+1 3126266799 US (Chicago)
+1 3462487799 US (Houston)
+1 8558801246 US
+1 8773690926 US
+1 6475580588 Canada
+1 7789072071 Canada
+1 2042727920 Canada
+1 4388097799 Canada
+1 5873281099 Canada
+1 6473744685 Canada
+1 8557038985 Canada
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/zoomconference
~==========================~

Going (telco@...)? Yes - Maybe - No more options »
Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account telco@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.


<Mail Attachment.ics><invite.ics>


Reminder: telco working group call 2021-11-18 at 17:00 UTC / 09:00 PST / 18:00 CET

 

This telecommunications work group call will sync notes from the recent Europe / Asia meeting. It is designed to help ensure North American stakeholders are fully up-to-speed and to provide an opportunity to share notes. It will be chaired by Jimmy Ahlberg from Ericsson.

All welcome. No registration. Dial in:
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


Open Compliance Summit - Virtual - December 16th

 

A reminder that the Open Compliance Summit is in four weeks.

This is an exclusive event for Linux Foundation members and select invitees that provides an excellent opportunity for organizations to share knowledge around open source compliance. Attendance is limited to ensure ease of networking and collaboration.

We have a schedule covering all the key topics of 2021, from standards to automation, and some great practical case studies:

You can request an invitation here:

Places are limited. This is an event under Chatham House Rule and will not be rebroadcast.

We decided to keep costs minimal and just cover the virtual platform. It is $20 USD for a ticket. 20% off for LF Members, so $16 USD.

Regards

Shane 

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


Re: OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar 2021 -11-15 (Today) @ 14:00 UTC / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CET / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST + JST

 

Reminder: our webinar starts in one hour. If you want to unpack the entire copyright trolling issue with a focus on the technical side, this is the one to watch.

On Nov 15, 2021, at 16:46, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:


Our webinar today will focus on “The McHardy Story” and be a technical analysis by Armijn Hemel of the ‘copyright trolling’ activities that caused disruption around the open source space for several years.

For context (and to avoid repeating the legal details on the call), here is some further reading:
https://opensource.com/article/17/8/patrick-mchardy-and-copyright-profiteering
https://lwn.net/Articles/752485/
https://lwn.net/Articles/721458/
http://laforge.gnumonks.org/blog/20180307-mchardy-gpl/
http://docs.dpaq.de/13314-urteil_lg_k_ln.pdf

Dial in



Need to check your timezone?

2021 -11-15 (Today) @ 14:00 UTC / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CET / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST + JST


Regards

Shane 

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar 2021 -11-15 (Today) @ 14:00 UTC / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CET / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST + JST

 

Our webinar today will focus on “The McHardy Story” and be a technical analysis by Armijn Hemel of the ‘copyright trolling’ activities that caused disruption around the open source space for several years.

For context (and to avoid repeating the legal details on the call), here is some further reading:
https://opensource.com/article/17/8/patrick-mchardy-and-copyright-profiteering
https://lwn.net/Articles/752485/
https://lwn.net/Articles/721458/
http://laforge.gnumonks.org/blog/20180307-mchardy-gpl/
http://docs.dpaq.de/13314-urteil_lg_k_ln.pdf

Dial in



Need to check your timezone?

2021 -11-15 (Today) @ 14:00 UTC / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CET / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST + JST


Regards

Shane 

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


Re: [education] Event: Web based training finalization - 11/12/2021 #cal-reminder

 

We start in 5 minutes. Balakrishna to chair and review focused on this document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FA6GvYG7G-cQgSdAM610CjYQExwJW3xY/edit#heading=h.kr0q86xg7nfq

Join: https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

On Nov 12, 2021, at 18:00, education@... Calendar <noreply@...> wrote:

Reminder: Web based training finalization

When:
11/12/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+05:30) Asia/Kolkata

Where:
Zoom meeting

Organizer: Balakrishna

View Event

Description:
Hello,

Let's all join in and complete short remaining tasks of web based training.

As discussed in previous meeting 1st training will be chapters 1-5, training final review date 30 November., public release date by 16th of December.
2nd training release will be chapter 6-8 final review date first week of February.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Meeting ID: 437 759 2799


<Mail Attachment.ics><invite.ics>


Re: Regional Traction: 2,100 Eyes on Japanese FAQ

Singing Li
 

Dear Ouchi San

Thanks for sharing this useful FAQ material. It's really helpful.

Looking forward to the next version.

Best regards,
Singing
Open Culture Foundation


On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 5:54 PM ouchi yoshiko <ouchi.yoshiko@...> wrote:
nico-san、Martin-san、

Thank you for pointing out the error in the FAQ.
We have checked it and found that Yes/No was inconsistent as you pointed out.
We are currently reviewing the next version, which will be published around the end of next month.
We would like to issue the next version with the corrected points.

I hope this FAQ will be useful for you.

Best regards,

yoshiko ohuchi

-----Original Message-----
From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Martin Yagi
Sent: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 7:07 PM
To: main@...
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; japan-sg-faq@...
Subject: Re: [openchain] Regional Traction: 2,100 Eyes on Japanese FAQ

Dear all,

Thanks for this; it’s a great resource and, I think, some of the points should be incorporated into reference training material/course as it evolves.

Along with the comment about slide 27 from nico that I agree with, I think there is a similar issue with slide 35:

"In the product incorporating this OSS, do I need to worry about license_B?". Headline answer is "no" but for this point it is "yes".

Best regards,

Martin Yagi
Intellectual Property Manager|


-----Original Message-----
From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Nicolas Toussaint via lists.openchainproject.org
Sent: 09 November 2021 08:57
To: main@...
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; japan-sg-faq@...
Subject: Re: [openchain] Regional Traction: 2,100 Eyes on Japanese FAQ

Hi,

That's a great contribution, many thanks to the Japan work group, and Shane for sharing!

I would like to share a remark on slide 27 that got my attention:
The formulations of the top and blue-box questions are formulated in a contradictory way
- Do I need to consider each license when I recognize OSS dependencies?
- [...] can I ignore the licenses of the OSS components [...]

So the answer NO applies to the second, but I guess YES should be applied to the first question ?

nico

--

Nicolas Toussaint - Open Source Expert
OBS - Orange Business Services - Lyon, France
Tel: +33 608 763 559

On 09/11/2021 08:08, Shane Coughlan wrote:
> Some very cool news from the Japan work group.
>
> The FAQ sub-group chaired by Ouchi San has released a version of their
> FAQ in English 👍
>
> And since we last spoke a week ago the Japanese FAQ has been
> downloaded another 500 times. 🎉
>
> The English version:
> https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/OpenChain-JWG/blob/master/Educati
> on_Material/FAQ/Misunderstandings_of_OSS_licenses_CC0.pptx
>
> Japanese:
> https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/OpenChain-JWG/blob/master/Educati
> on_Material/FAQ/OSS%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BB%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E9%96
> %A2%E9%80%A3%E3%81%A7%E3%82%88%E3%81%8F%E3%81%82%E3%82%8B%E8%AA%A4%E8%
> A7%A3_CC0.pptx
>
>> On Nov 2, 2021, at 19:12, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
>>
>> The OpenChain Project often highlights global news. However, it is important to remember that the majority of activity is truly distributed around the world, especially in our local China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, India, Germany, UK and US work groups. Today we are taking a moment to shine a spotlight on a specific example in Japan.
>> The OpenChain Japan Work Group operates seven sub-groups, one of which is focused on providing answers to frequently asked questions, chaired by Ouchi San from Fujitsu. The FAQ document produced by the group has been downloaded over 2,100 times so far, demonstrating the extent of information dissemination in a specific geography.
>>
>> If you have a Japanese office (or you represent a Japanese company), please be aware that the FAQ sub-group meets on the 8th of November at 15:00 JST. All welcome.
>>
>> ・日時:11月8日(月) 15:00〜17:30
>> ・チャタムハウスルールを採用しています。
>> (誰が言ったかは口外禁止、得た情報は自由利用可)
>> ・オンライン会議(Zoom):
>>  Zoom のURLはFAQ-SGのSLACKに掲載予定です。
>>  (Japan WGのSLACKとは異なります)
>>
>> 以下のメーリングリストへご連絡願います。
>>     • https://lists.openchainproject.org/g/japan-sg-faq/messages
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration, Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law; they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.






[https://firstlightfusion.com/assets/first-light-fusion-square-logo-footer.png]


   First Light Fusion Ltd.
   p: 01865 807 670
   a: Unit 10, Oxford Industrial Park, Mead Road, Yarnton, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 1QU



This email and any attachments are confidential. Find more legal information here<http://firstlightfusion.com/confidentiality/>.

[https://firstlightfusion.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/cyberessentials_certification-mark-plus_colour.png]











Re: [education] Education Meeting Today @ 09:30 UK / 10:30 Brussels / 15:00 IST / 17:30 CST / 18:30 KST + JST

 

A reminder that the education work team is having its weekly meeting today in just over two hours. We are wrapping up comments in this document for our online training course:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Timezone?
Education Meeting Today @  09:30 UK / 10:30 Brussels / 15:00 IST / 17:30 CST / 18:30 KST + JST

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan

On Nov 9, 2021, at 14:39, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:

Hi Martin

This is absolutely fantastic. Thank you Martin! Going through it sounds great. How about we do it on the Friday call @ 10:30 CEST?

Regards

Shane

On Nov 6, 2021, at 0:13, Martin Yagi <martin.yagi@...> wrote:

Dear Shane, Balakrishna,

I've made detailed comments on chapters 1-4 and a general comment on ch. 5.

I'm very happy to through them real-time, on-screen and make edits .... which I think would be the most effective 1-1 assuming there is an "owner" for each chapter given that most comments are simple proposed text changes.

Best regards,

Martin Yagi
Intellectual Property Manager|


-----Original Message-----
From: education@... <education@...> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org
Sent: 05 November 2021 09:24
To: OpenChain Education <education@...>
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Korea <korea-wg@...>; OpenChain Taiwan <taiwan-wg@...>; OpenChain India <india-wg@...>; OpenChain Germany <germany-wg@...>; OpenChain UK <uk-wg@...>; OpenChain Partners <partners@...>
Subject: Re: [education] Education Meeting Today @ 09:30 UK / 10:30 Brussels / 15:00 IST / 17:30 CST / 18:30 KST + JST

Reminder that we start in just under ten minutes. Balakrishna will chair.

Our document is here, our focus is on making sure Chapters 1~5 have an effective narrative structure, and only use bullet points where absolutely necessary.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FA6GvYG7G-cQgSdAM610CjYQExwJW3xY/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105868944456094103683&rtpof=true&sd=true

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

On Nov 5, 2021, at 14:57, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

Heads up. We need your assistance. We are finalizing the online course and have a few items for review.

As discussed in previous meeting 1st training will be chapters 1-5, training final review date 30 November., public release date by 16th of December.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FA6GvYG7G-cQgSdAM610CjYQExwJW3xY/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105868944456094103683&rtpof=true&sd=true

2nd training release will be chapter 6-8 final review date first week of February.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/4377592799

Timezone?
Education Meeting Today @  09:30 UK / 10:30 Brussels / 15:00 IST / 17:30 CST / 18:30 KST + JST








[https://firstlightfusion.com/assets/first-light-fusion-square-logo-footer.png]


 First Light Fusion Ltd.
 p: 01865 807 670
 a: Unit 10, Oxford Industrial Park, Mead Road, Yarnton, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 1QU



This email and any attachments are confidential. Find more legal information here<http://firstlightfusion.com/confidentiality/>.

[https://firstlightfusion.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/cyberessentials_certification-mark-plus_colour.png]












External Event: Korean Company Implementations of OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230:2020

 

The National IT Industry Promotion Agency of Korea (NIPA) is holding an event on November 30th at 14:00 KST. There will be an OpenChain panel at 15:10 KST on Track 4:
https://www.openchainproject.org/uncategorized-en/2021/11/10/external-event-nipa


External Event: The Year of the SBOM: A Deep Dive with SPDX and OpenChain

 

FOSSA is holding an OpenChain and SPDX-related event on the 18th of November at 1 PM PST/4 PM EST:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/11/10/external-event-fossa


External Event: Open Source software license compliance certification and how to get there (17th of November)

 

OSADL is holding an OpenChain-related event on the 17th of November:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/11/10/external-event-osadl


Re: IMPORTANT: Next Automation Case Study: Virtual Supply Chain Proof of Concept on November 24th at 09:00 UTC / 10:00 CET / 17:00 CST / 18:00 KST + JST

 

Thanks Sebastian! That’s awesome.

On Nov 10, 2021, at 21:03, Sebastian Crane <seabass-labrax@...> wrote:

Dear Shane,

We are going to focus our effort on the virtual supply chain
demonstration in late November, so the prior section of the case
study (multiple tool overview) is deferred. This is to ensure Max
has plenty of time to prepare and because the virtual supply chain -
by definition - will demonstrate various tools in play.

The event will take place on November 24th at 09:00 UTC / 10:00 CET
/ 17:00 CST / 18:00 KST + JST. The event is in our global calendar
Thank you! I'm very much looking forward to this. It's been great to
see the demonstrations of various software composition analysis tools
during the recent case studies.

Last month's presentation on Tern was very interesting to me, and I've
been impressed at how comprehensive the program's output is. As others
here are most likely also interested in container scanning, I'd like
to take the opportunity to share with this list the excellent white
paper, 'Docker Containers for Legal Professionals' which was published
last year by the Linux Foundation:

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/Docker-Containers-for-Legal-Professionals-Whitepaper_042420.pdf

It's very well written and should be a nice guide with which to start
using tools such as Tern for license compliance in containerised
applications.

Best wishes,

Sebastian





Re: Interview Request: OpenChain Certification

Celina Brils <celinabrils@...>
 

Hello Dave, 

sure, thanks for the tip. My email is celinabrils@....

Of course, I would be happy to share my final paper in the list. 

Best regards, 
Celina 


Am 10.11.2021 um 17:51 schrieb Dave Marr <dmarr@...>:

Hi Celina,
 
Thank you for your email and for sharing your research objective. 
 
If you would kindly supply your email, interested people could contact you off list for possible interviews.
 
Once your paper is published it would be interesting to see, perhaps you might consider sharing it on the list at that point.
 
Best,
Dave

From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Celina Brils via lists.openchainproject.org<celinabrils=googlemail.com@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 4:55:20 AM
To: main@... <main@...>
Subject: [openchain] Interview Request: OpenChain Certification
 

WARNING: This email originated from outside of Qualcomm. Please be wary of any links or attachments, and do not enable macros.

Hello, 
 
my name is Celina Brils and I’m a graduate student at the Technical University Munich in Germany. I am currently writing my final thesis about OSS Compliance Certification, especially the OpenChain certification, at the chair of Prof. Dr. Henkel. 
 
I already talked to some representatives of companies who did the OpenChain Certification (thanks again!) but still need participants for my study. 
Therefore, I would be extremely grateful if you would participate in an interview about that topic. 
 
My research mainly focuses on the background, motives and processes related to the OpenChain certification. I am particularly interested in the experiences and insights of companies who already did the certification or are planning to do the certification in the future. 
With my study, I hope to raise awareness on the topic of open source compliance and the whole OpenSource Project.  
 
If you would be open to participate, it would be perfect if you could give me 2-3 date proposals.
 
Please let me know if you have any further questions. 
Again, I would really appreciate your help here. 
 
Thank you and best regards, 
Celina Brils 



Re: Interview Request: OpenChain Certification

Dave Marr
 

Hi Celina,

 

Thank you for your email and for sharing your research objective. 

 

If you would kindly supply your email, interested people could contact you off list for possible interviews.

 

Once your paper is published it would be interesting to see, perhaps you might consider sharing it on the list at that point.

 

Best,

Dave


From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Celina Brils via lists.openchainproject.org <celinabrils=googlemail.com@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 4:55:20 AM
To: main@... <main@...>
Subject: [openchain] Interview Request: OpenChain Certification

 

WARNING: This email originated from outside of Qualcomm. Please be wary of any links or attachments, and do not enable macros.

Hello, 

 

my name is Celina Brils and I’m a graduate student at the Technical University Munich in Germany. I am currently writing my final thesis about OSS Compliance Certification, especially the OpenChain certification, at the chair of Prof. Dr. Henkel. 

 

I already talked to some representatives of companies who did the OpenChain Certification (thanks again!) but still need participants for my study. 

Therefore, I would be extremely grateful if you would participate in an interview about that topic. 

 

My research mainly focuses on the background, motives and processes related to the OpenChain certification. I am particularly interested in the experiences and insights of companies who already did the certification or are planning to do the certification in the future. 

With my study, I hope to raise awareness on the topic of open source compliance and the whole OpenSource Project.  

 

If you would be open to participate, it would be perfect if you could give me 2-3 date proposals.

 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Again, I would really appreciate your help here. 

 

Thank you and best regards, 

Celina Brils 


Interview Request: OpenChain Certification

celinabrils@...
 

Hello, 

my name is Celina Brils and I’m a graduate student at the Technical University Munich in Germany. I am currently writing my final thesis about OSS Compliance Certification, especially the OpenChain certification, at the chair of Prof. Dr. Henkel. 

I already talked to some representatives of companies who did the OpenChain Certification (thanks again!) but still need participants for my study. 
Therefore, I would be extremely grateful if you would participate in an interview about that topic. 

My research mainly focuses on the background, motives and processes related to the OpenChain certification. I am particularly interested in the experiences and insights of companies who already did the certification or are planning to do the certification in the future. 
With my study, I hope to raise awareness on the topic of open source compliance and the whole OpenSource Project.  

If you would be open to participate, it would be perfect if you could give me 2-3 date proposals.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 
Again, I would really appreciate your help here. 

Thank you and best regards, 
Celina Brils 


Re: IMPORTANT: Next Automation Case Study: Virtual Supply Chain Proof of Concept on November 24th at 09:00 UTC / 10:00 CET / 17:00 CST / 18:00 KST + JST

Sebastian Crane
 

Dear Shane,

We are going to focus our effort on the virtual supply chain
demonstration in late November, so the prior section of the case
study (multiple tool overview) is deferred. This is to ensure Max
has plenty of time to prepare and because the virtual supply chain -
by definition - will demonstrate various tools in play.

The event will take place on November 24th at 09:00 UTC / 10:00 CET
/ 17:00 CST / 18:00 KST + JST. The event is in our global calendar
Thank you! I'm very much looking forward to this. It's been great to
see the demonstrations of various software composition analysis tools
during the recent case studies.

Last month's presentation on Tern was very interesting to me, and I've
been impressed at how comprehensive the program's output is. As others
here are most likely also interested in container scanning, I'd like
to take the opportunity to share with this list the excellent white
paper, 'Docker Containers for Legal Professionals' which was published
last year by the Linux Foundation:

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/Docker-Containers-for-Legal-Professionals-Whitepaper_042420.pdf

It's very well written and should be a nice guide with which to start
using tools such as Tern for license compliance in containerised
applications.

Best wishes,

Sebastian


Re: Regional Traction: 2,100 Eyes on Japanese FAQ

ouchi yoshiko
 

nico-san、Martin-san、

Thank you for pointing out the error in the FAQ.
We have checked it and found that Yes/No was inconsistent as you pointed out.
We are currently reviewing the next version, which will be published around the end of next month.
We would like to issue the next version with the corrected points.

I hope this FAQ will be useful for you.

Best regards,

yoshiko ohuchi

-----Original Message-----
From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Martin Yagi
Sent: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 7:07 PM
To: main@...
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; japan-sg-faq@...
Subject: Re: [openchain] Regional Traction: 2,100 Eyes on Japanese FAQ

Dear all,

Thanks for this; it’s a great resource and, I think, some of the points should be incorporated into reference training material/course as it evolves.

Along with the comment about slide 27 from nico that I agree with, I think there is a similar issue with slide 35:

"In the product incorporating this OSS, do I need to worry about license_B?". Headline answer is "no" but for this point it is "yes".

Best regards,

Martin Yagi
Intellectual Property Manager|


-----Original Message-----
From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Nicolas Toussaint via lists.openchainproject.org
Sent: 09 November 2021 08:57
To: main@...
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; japan-sg-faq@...
Subject: Re: [openchain] Regional Traction: 2,100 Eyes on Japanese FAQ

Hi,

That's a great contribution, many thanks to the Japan work group, and Shane for sharing!

I would like to share a remark on slide 27 that got my attention:
The formulations of the top and blue-box questions are formulated in a contradictory way
- Do I need to consider each license when I recognize OSS dependencies?
- [...] can I ignore the licenses of the OSS components [...]

So the answer NO applies to the second, but I guess YES should be applied to the first question ?

nico

--

Nicolas Toussaint - Open Source Expert
OBS - Orange Business Services - Lyon, France
Tel: +33 608 763 559

On 09/11/2021 08:08, Shane Coughlan wrote:
Some very cool news from the Japan work group.

The FAQ sub-group chaired by Ouchi San has released a version of their
FAQ in English 👍

And since we last spoke a week ago the Japanese FAQ has been
downloaded another 500 times. 🎉

The English version:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/OpenChain-JWG/blob/master/Educati
on_Material/FAQ/Misunderstandings_of_OSS_licenses_CC0.pptx

Japanese:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/OpenChain-JWG/blob/master/Educati
on_Material/FAQ/OSS%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BB%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E9%96
%A2%E9%80%A3%E3%81%A7%E3%82%88%E3%81%8F%E3%81%82%E3%82%8B%E8%AA%A4%E8%
A7%A3_CC0.pptx

On Nov 2, 2021, at 19:12, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:

The OpenChain Project often highlights global news. However, it is important to remember that the majority of activity is truly distributed around the world, especially in our local China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, India, Germany, UK and US work groups. Today we are taking a moment to shine a spotlight on a specific example in Japan.
The OpenChain Japan Work Group operates seven sub-groups, one of which is focused on providing answers to frequently asked questions, chaired by Ouchi San from Fujitsu. The FAQ document produced by the group has been downloaded over 2,100 times so far, demonstrating the extent of information dissemination in a specific geography.

If you have a Japanese office (or you represent a Japanese company), please be aware that the FAQ sub-group meets on the 8th of November at 15:00 JST. All welcome.

・日時:11月8日(月) 15:00〜17:30
・チャタムハウスルールを採用しています。
(誰が言ったかは口外禁止、得た情報は自由利用可)
・オンライン会議(Zoom):
 Zoom のURLはFAQ-SGのSLACKに掲載予定です。
 (Japan WGのSLACKとは異なります)

以下のメーリングリストへご連絡願います。
https://lists.openchainproject.org/g/japan-sg-faq/messages






_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration, Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law; they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.






[https://firstlightfusion.com/assets/first-light-fusion-square-logo-footer.png]


First Light Fusion Ltd.
p: 01865 807 670
a: Unit 10, Oxford Industrial Park, Mead Road, Yarnton, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 1QU



This email and any attachments are confidential. Find more legal information here<http://firstlightfusion.com/confidentiality/>.

[https://firstlightfusion.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/cyberessentials_certification-mark-plus_colour.png]

741 - 760 of 5034