Date

Re: OpenChain Security Assurance Reference Guide - Public Sharing - Feedback Requested

Takashi Ninjouji

Hello Mark and Shane,

I'm translating §3.4 of the Security Assurance Reference Guide ("this guide") into Japanese, but I need to confirm something:
My understandings are:

(1)
This guide focuses on security assurance and can be operated independently of the OpenChain Specification. However, there is no specific way to declare conformance to this guide. And each duration will be managed separately.

(2)
In practice, if a program already OpenChain conformant is newly this guide conformant, it may be possible to renew this guide conformant in conjunction with the subsequent OpenChain conformant.

 Are all of the above OK?

Best Regards
Tak

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 1:07 PM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
As discussed on our global work team calls, the security assurance reference guide has a dedicated page here:

Is the material - particularly that contained in the FAQ - enough to guide understanding and use? Feedback most welcome.

OpenChain Japan Work Group Meeting #21 – 2021-10-20

Full recording (Japanese) available here. Excellent on-boarding point for your Japanese team or suppliers:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/11/02/jp-wg-21

Regional Traction: 2,100 Eyes on Japanese FAQ

The OpenChain Project often highlights global news. However, it is important to remember that the majority of activity is truly distributed around the world, especially in our local China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, India, Germany, UK and US work groups. Today we are taking a moment to shine a spotlight on a specific example in Japan.
The OpenChain Japan Work Group operates seven sub-groups, one of which is focused on providing answers to frequently asked questions, chaired by Ouchi San from Fujitsu. The FAQ document produced by the group has been downloaded over 2,100 times so far, demonstrating the extent of information dissemination in a specific geography.

If you have a Japanese office (or you represent a Japanese company), please be aware that the FAQ sub-group meets on the 8th of November at 15:00 JST. All welcome.

・日時:11月8日(月) 15:00〜17:30
・チャタムハウスルールを採用しています。
(誰が言ったかは口外禁止、得た情報は自由利用可)
・オンライン会議(Zoom):
 Zoom のURLはFAQ-SGのSLACKに掲載予定です。
 (Japan WGのSLACKとは異なります)

以下のメーリングリストへご連絡願います。
https://lists.openchainproject.org/g/japan-sg-faq/messages

FW: [education] Event: Web based training finalization #cal-invite

Balakrishna Mukundaraj

Web based training finalization

When:
Friday, November 5, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+05:30) Asia/Kolkata
Repeats: Weekly on Friday, 2 times

Where:
Zoom meeting

Organizer: Balakrishna

View Event

Hello,

Let's all join in and complete short remaining tasks of web based training.

As discussed in previous meeting 1st training will be chapters 1-5, training final review date 30 November., public release date by 16th of December.
2nd training release will be chapter 6-8 final review date first week of February.

Join Zoom Meeting

Re: REMINDER OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar - 2021-11-02 at 06:00 UTC / 07:00 BST / 08:00 CEST / 11:30 IST / 14:00 CST / 15:00 KST+JST

Our meeting begins in about ten minutes.

Please note: this is a webinar for people completely new to the OpenChain Project. It features a walkthrough of the website and so on.

On Nov 2, 2021, at 13:12, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

Our regular webinar starts in just under two hours.

Today we are going to record a “newbies” guide to the OpenChain website and resources. This is intended to help support companies that are just learning about us in countries like China, Japan and Korea.

Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile
+13017158592,,4377592799# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,4377592799# US (Chicago)

Need to confirm your timezone?
OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar - 2021-11-02 at 06:00 UTC / 07:00 BST / 08:00 CEST / 11:30 IST / 14:00 CST / 15:00 KST+JST

REMINDER OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar - 2021-11-02 at 06:00 UTC / 07:00 BST / 08:00 CEST / 11:30 IST / 14:00 CST / 15:00 KST+JST

Our regular webinar starts in just under two hours.

Today we are going to record a “newbies” guide to the OpenChain website and resources. This is intended to help support companies that are just learning about us in countries like China, Japan and Korea.

Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile
+13017158592,,4377592799# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,4377592799# US (Chicago)

Need to confirm your timezone?
OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar - 2021-11-02 at 06:00 UTC / 07:00 BST / 08:00 CEST / 11:30 IST / 14:00 CST / 15:00 KST+JST

Education Work Group Meeting 2021-10-29

We discussed the final steps necessary to turn this document into an online course. Balakrishna (our chair) has finalized details with the LF Training Team. They can release a version of the course for December 16th if we (a) close open comments on Chapters 1~5 and provide the final deliverable by end of November. Most of the work is done on Chapters 1~3, so our focus will be on filling out Chapters 4~5 in the short term, and then reverting to the early chapters for final review.
Join the Education Work Group at this mailing list:

Case Study: Open Source Compliance Automation and Interoperability #4 - How TERN (a container scanner) works both with the graphical tool and when used on its own.

The OpenChain automation case study about using open source tools for open source compliance runs between September and December 2021. It is the largest case study ever undertaken in this space. The outcome of attending will include better knowledge of options for automation around open source compliance, a better understanding of interoperability in the space, and an awareness of how to engage with the field in a turn-key manner.

Part #4 explores how TERN (a container scanner) works both with the graphical tool and when used on its own.
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/10/29/automation-case-study-4

CAICT Becomes OpenChain Partner, Launches Third Party Certification

One of the biggest announcements this year for the OpenChain Project: CAICT - a research institute under the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology - has become a partner and will offer third party certification support for OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230 in the Chinese market.

Re: Update on web-based training and Open Chain ref-Playbook

Balakrishna Mukundaraj

Hello All,

We have education board update call in 15 mins.

Interested participants please join.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Mukundaraj Balakrishna

Information co-ordination (RBEI/ECA5)
Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 10 60 50 | 70049 Stuttgart | GERMANY | www.bosch.com
Tel. +91 80 6657-5938 | Mobile +91-96207-91838 | Fax +91 80 6617-0711 | Balakrishna.Mukundraj@...

Registered Office: Stuttgart, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Franz Fehrenbach; Managing Directors: Dr. Volkmar Denner,
Prof. Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Filiz Albrecht, Dr. Christian Fischer, Dr. Stefan Hartung,
Dr. Markus Heyn, Harald Kröger, Rolf Najork