Happy Birthday Shane!

Have a great one!

Reza

On 19 May 2021, at 05:26, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

Greetings all!

I’m taking two days off for my birthday. I’ll be back 21st. Always available by phone if needed!

Shane away until 21st

Greetings all!

I’m taking two days off for my birthday. I’ll be back 21st. Always available by phone if needed!

Re: OpenChain Supplier Education Leaflet - German Draft underway

Thank you Marcel!

Stefan, are you ok to review and potentially integrate with the SLA?

On May 18, 2021, at 6:18, Marcel (PwC DE) via lists.openchainproject.org <marcel.scholze=pwc.com@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Thank you, Stefan, for the German translation of the OpenChain Supplier Leaflet!
Please find attached our suggestions/corrections for the document.
Happy to discuss or get any further feedback to then complete the leaflet.

Kind regards,
Marcel

Marcel Scholze (DE)
PwC | Director | Open Source Software Services & IT-Sourcing
Phone: +49 69 95851746 | Mobile: +49 151 161 57 049
Email: marcel.scholze@...
PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 35-37 | 60327 | Frankfurt a. M. | Germany

Find out about Open Source Software Management: https://www.pwc.de/opensource

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: WP StB Dr. Norbert Vogelpoth
Geschäftsführer: WP StB Dr. Ulrich Störk, WP StB Dr. Peter Bartels, Dr. Joachim Englert, WP StB Petra Justenhoven, WP Clemens Koch, StB Marius Möller, WP StB Uwe Rittmann, StB RA Klaus Schmidt, StB CPA Mark Smith
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 107858
PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft ist Mitglied von PricewaterhouseCoopers International, einer Company limited by guarantee registriert in England und Wales
Datenschutz: Hinweise zur Datenverarbeitung bei PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH WPG finden Sie unter Datenschutzhinweise PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH WPG

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 18:38, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
Stefan from Fiducia & GAD IT announced yesterday that work is well advanced on a German translation of our Supplier Education Leaflet. Originally created by a sub-group of the OpenChain Japan Work Group, the supplier education leaflet is available in Japanese, English, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, as well as in Vietnamese as a draft.

See Stefan’s full announcement and call for support below.

==

As discussed yesterday in Nuremberg during our kick-off meeting of the German OpenChain Working Group, I would like to reach out for support regarding finalisation of a translation of the Open Chain Supplier Leaflet into German.

You can see the current state-of-work at
https://github.com/OCSpecGermanTranslation/OpenChain-SuppierLeaflet-GermanTranslation/blob/master/supplier-leaflet/de/OpenChain-GeneralGuideline-E-0608_DE.pdf

The layout is not yet as complete as in the original - I would like to finalise the design after having sorted out the final German text. Thus, in a first round, quality checking of the text would be a good point to start :-)

My ‚request-for-contribution‘ to you, if you currently want to / can support:
Could you please compare the current German translation draft to the English version at
https://github.com/OCSpecGermanTranslation/OpenChain-SuppierLeaflet-GermanTranslation/blob/master/supplier-leaflet/supplier-leaflet-1.0-en.pdf
and provide corrections and suggestions for improvement? Please feel free to direct any comments to my address Stefan.thanheiser@....

(Should any of you want to go deeper: I ported the document from the proprietary Adobe format I found at Github (sorry, if there should have been any other format there -maybe I did not dig deep enough into the directory structure) to a format of the open source tool Scribus - why not use OSS tools when writing about OSS? ;-).
The "scribus source file" for the PDF can be found at
https://github.com/OCSpecGermanTranslation/OpenChain-SuppierLeaflet-GermanTranslation/blob/master/supplier-leaflet/de/OpenChain-GeneralGuideline-E-0608_DE.sla
and can be edited using Scribus v1.5.5.)

Thank you in advance for your support and best regards,
Stefan

Diese Information ist ausschliesslich fuer den Adressaten bestimmt und kann vertrauliche oder gesetzlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemaesse Adressat sind, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Anderen als dem bestimmungsgemaessen Adressaten ist es untersagt, diese E-Mail zu lesen, zu speichern, weiterzuleiten oder ihren Inhalt auf welche Weise auch immer zu verwenden. Wir verwenden aktuelle Virenschutzprogramme. Fuer Schaeden, die dem Empfaenger gleichwohl durch von uns zugesandte mit Viren befallene E-Mails entstehen, schliessen wir jede Haftung aus.
* * * * *
The information contained in this email is intended only for its addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading, saving, distribution or use of the content of this email in any way is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email. We use updated antivirus protection software. We do not accept any responsibility for damages caused anyhow by viruses transmitted via email.

<supplier-leaflet-de_PwC suggestions.docx>

Re: OpenChain Supplier Education Leaflet - German Draft underway

Marcel (PwC DE)

[...]

OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar at 14:00 UTC: OpenChain ISO 5230 in the field of Venture Capital

We will hold our regular OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar at 14:00 UTC today. Our speaker will be Martin Callinan from Source Code Control Limited on OpenChain ISO 5230 in the field of Venture Capital. This is an emerging space for us, but one that appears to offer similar promise to existing use of OpenChain in Mergers and Acquisitions.

Join at: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09

We had hoped to also have Nicole Pappler from AlektoMetis on OpenChain ISO 5230 and Software Quality Management, but due to unavoidable matters she has deferred her talk to a future webinar. Watch this space!

OpenChain Japan WG: Newbies Session #2: 2021-05-21 (Friday)

OpenChain Japan WG: Newbies Session #2: 2021-05-21 (Friday): We will hold our second meeting for people new to OpenChain on the 21st of May. This informal social meeting will be held in Japanese. Feel free to enjoy drinks and snacks! https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/05/17/japan-wg-newbies-2

OpenChain Q1 Survey - Results and Notes

Dear all

It is time to explore the results of our Q1 survey! Attached is the full document. Let’s check out the highlights:

(1) Engagement and satisfaction is rated as very good or (more frequently) excellent across the board. The vast majority of respondents believe that we are “Very Good” or “Excellent” in putting forward what we are doing and sharing our information – either the business value, conformance, reference materials, and our website. Most importantly, people see us as a community that is easy to engage with and easy to get help from.

(2) Our conformance response revealed something interesting. About half of our respondents are primarily interested in something other than a private health of their compliance program or being listed publicly as having an OpenChain conformant program.This is worth digging into more (and we will), but some preliminary notes are:
(i) Feedback indicates that a relatively small percentage are seeking public announcements regarding conformance at this juncture, regardless of internal compliance activities. Their focus is instead on internal (or inter-supply chain) improvements and conformance.
(ii) We additionally have a number of companies engaging with OpenChain ISO 5230 with applications outside of our core scope of conformance for the purpose of license compliance. These include entities engaging for activities related to security, mergers and acquisitions, and other business processes. We knew this from participants on our calls and so on, but it’s interesting how many of our community participants appear to fit into this demographic.

(3) About a third of respondents have used our online conformance web app, and those that have found it excellent in its ease of use, while about a third of respondents are not interested in getting more help conforming with OpenChain ISO 5230:2020 in the future. From other sources we have indications that this is due to two factors:
(i) People are using the specification directly for conformance or using our downloadable questionnaire.
(ii) People are getting assistance from third parties such as participants in our partner program.

(4) We asked broader questions in the survey than those related only to OpenChain. For example, we asked about tooling, software bill of materials and interoperability. The interoperability questions were framed around determining what is important to the community in the context of open source license compliance and interoperability around Software Bill of Materials and/or automation. Respondents overwhelmingly expressed interest in greater interoperability for all tools and automation. This means supporting ingest and export of SPDX. It means greater interoperability between open source tooling as well as between open source and proprietary tooling.

Now we know what people want, it is time to make it happen.

You can expect the project as a whole to lean into supporting to diverse use-cases for OpenChain ISO 5230. You can expect the tooling group to lean into the interoperability question.

And…you are the community. Let’s get started!

Re: Presentation: Making compliance scalablein a container world

Jumping in here: Scott has been thinking about these challenges for year, so it is a super great opportunity to look at what he has done and ask questions :)

On May 15, 2021, at 2:06, Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...> wrote:

Hi OpenChain,

I wanted to pass this presentation along as a sort of FYI.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jenni

--
Jenni McGinnis
Projects Coordinator | The Linux Foundation

<Peterson_source_containers_LLW_2021.pdf>

Presentation: Making compliance scalablein a container world

Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>

Hi OpenChain,

I wanted to pass this presentation along as a sort of FYI.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jenni

--
Jenni McGinnis
Projects Coordinator | The Linux Foundation
Assisting with RISC-V International, OpenChain, TARS, & OpenFabrics Alliance

The OpenChain Telco Work Group is off to a strong start. This includes a new mailing list for those interested. Sign up here:
https://lists.openchainproject.org/g/telco

Catch up: Telco Work Group Meeting #1– Recording:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/05/13/openchain-telco-work-group-meeting-1-2021-05-06-full-recording

OpenChain Education Interactive Webinar 2021-05-04 – Full Recording

One of the cool things we did recently was to host an Education Work Group Interactive Webinar, driving forward the last details for our forthcoming free online education course. Check it out:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/05/07/openchain-education-interactive-webinar-2021-05-04-full-recording

Re: Slack Login

Mary, checking in to make sure all is ok, and ready to assist if the link from Jari did not resolve your problem :)

BTW, thanks Jari!

On May 13, 2021, at 0:16, Jari Koivisto <jari.p.koivisto@...> wrote:

Mary

I got this link earlier from Shane: https://join.slack.com/t/openchainproject/shared_invite/zt-7ayys8g2-dgijHIK_kyrhEWEknrD0cQ try if that works for you too.

BR,

   Jari

---
Jari Koivisto
E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@...
Mobile: +41 78 7479791
Skype: jari.p.koivisto
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto

On Wed, 12 May 2021 at 14:55, Mattran, Mary <mary.mattran@...> wrote:
I tried to join the slack workspace as indicated in the newsletter, but slack is telling me that I do not have an account with this email address for this space.  Can I please get added to the slack with this email address?  Thanks!

OpenChain ISO 5260 and SPDX explicitly enter the Scania supply chain via Scania Corporate Standard 4589 (STD 4589)

OpenChain ISO 5260 and SPDX explicitly enter the Scania supply chain via Scania Corporate Standard 4589 (STD 4589). Big thanks to Jonas and his team for their visionary work in this space. Naturally we are on standby to assist all suppliers with questions or who want community support:

Re: Slack Login

Jari Koivisto

Mary

I got this link earlier from Shane: https://join.slack.com/t/openchainproject/shared_invite/zt-7ayys8g2-dgijHIK_kyrhEWEknrD0cQ try if that works for you too.

BR,

   Jari

---
Jari Koivisto
E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@...
Mobile: +41 78 7479791
Skype: jari.p.koivisto
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto

On Wed, 12 May 2021 at 14:55, Mattran, Mary <mary.mattran@...> wrote:
I tried to join the slack workspace as indicated in the newsletter, but slack is telling me that I do not have an account with this email address for this space.  Can I please get added to the slack with this email address?  Thanks!

Slack Login

Mattran, Mary

I tried to join the slack workspace as indicated in the newsletter, but slack is telling me that I do not have an account with this email address for this space.  Can I please get added to the slack with this email address?  Thanks!

Re: Latest OpenChain Newsletter now available

Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>

Prasad,

Thank you for catching that. The link IS correct, yes, but the header info at the top was not.  It has been corrected.

Thanks!

Jenni

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 12:52 PM Prasad Iyer (prasadiy) <prasadiy@...> wrote:

Thanks, Jennifer for sharing this.

A quick question - Is this link pointing to the correct/latest newsletter? I see its pointing to Issue#47  whereas the link title  in your email shows Issue#48 as the latest.

Prasad Iyer

Director, Engineering - Product Operations

Email : prasadiy@...

Phone: +1 (408) 315-5101

DNS

From: <main@...> on behalf of Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:33 AM
To: "main@..." <main@...>

Latest OpenChain Newsletter now available

Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>

Global work team call - tomorrow (Tuesday) at 06:00 UTC

Dear all

This is a reminder that our regular bi-weekly global work team call will take place tomorrow (Tuesday) at 06:00 UTC.

Reminder: telco meeting in one hour - 7am Pacific / 2pm UTC / 10pm CST / 11pm KST+JST

Join us here:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09