Date

Re: OpenChain Zoom room tested - complete success

Hi Alan, McCoy, Gilles!

Here is my take:

The recent revelations about Zoom privacy probably mean that we do not want to continue having any sensitive one-to-one calls on the platform, perhaps using Skype, Signal, Teams or other services instead. I concur with Gilles about WebRTC. It works fine but it is not super secure.

However, for the general OpenChain calls, we record and share everything, so security is not our key concern. Therefore, unless we get trolled, I suggest we continue. If we move off Zoom we will need to split between several services (UberConference has stopped working effectively in China).

Of course, we need to monitor the situation...

On Apr 4, 2020, at 2:31, Gilles Gravier via lists.openchainproject.org <gilles.gravier=wipro.com@...> wrote:

But you want to be careful with Jitsi also... WebRTC leaks things like device IP address... even when you are behind a VPN. This means that if you are in a country where the government isn't as nice as you want... and you are trying to communicate with your peers on a subject that is not fully aligned with state dogma you can get in trouble... Zoom will not do the same.

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-18145/Webrtc.html

https://www.channelfutures.com/mssp-insider/webrtc-security-real-time-data-flaw-leaks-endpoint-ip-addresses

Because Zoom is fast taking over Cisco's Webex, we see all kind of FUD spread against Zoom (Zoom went from 10M to 200M users in 3 months - that's got to tickle Cisco)... But if you search for Webex security issues on Google, you'll find just as many...

I don't want to bash on Jitsi. I use it. And it's open source. But if we're going to make a choice, let's make sure its for the right reasons. Zooms scales massively, has a stellar set of features, and costs that are extremely accessible... has native clients on Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and IOS, as well as a web client for machines were one can't install apps. It's user friendly. Session recordings are automatically in MP4 which is very convenient. And A/V quality is really good.

Regards,
<Outlook-tl3rqzis.gif>

Gilles Gravier
Director, Senior Advisor
Open Source - Blockchain
M: +41 794728437
in/gillesgravier @gravax
Wipro Limited
Datum: 2020-03-25T14:00:38+0100
Von: "FAURE Tristan" <tristan.faure@...>

Hello
Mine is TristanFAURE

<image001.png>

Tristan FAURE
Software Engineering Deployment Responsible
Support E2 :
DSP-FR-CCSL-E2@... ou
https://thales.citadel.team/#/room/#dsp-ccsl-e2:thales.citadel.team
<image002.png>