Date   

Re: Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

Ok all! Looks good to go. I’ll let Nori know and swing back here with all the official announcement stuff once the website is updated.

Regards

Shane 

On Feb 29, 2020, at 3:18, Christopher Ekren <Christopher.Ekren@...> wrote:



Excellent for me.

 

Chris Ekren

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Sami Atabani
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 7:36 AM
To: main@...
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Automotive <openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

These would work for me too!

 

Thanks

 

Sami

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Dave Marr via Lists.Openchainproject.Org
Sent: 28 February 2020 14:47
To: main@...
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Automotive <openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

Leader of Team Awesome,

 

Not commenting on the specific days selected (they all work for me) but am glad to see this is moving back to early Dec as mid-Dec starts getting into some folks’ early holiday getaway plans.

 

Thanks,

Dave

 


From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 2:04:17 AM
To: main@... <main@...>
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Automotive <openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization.

Apologies all. Nori just clarified he would like to move us to 1~2 December. Any objections?

 

On Feb 25, 2020, at 15:55, Shane Coughlan via Lists.Openchainproject.Org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:



Hello team awesome

We have a request to consider moving the Open Compliance Summit from December 3 – 4, 2020 to December 2 – 3, 2020 (one day earlier).

This would overlap with CloudNative Days Kansai

 

Does anyone have any objections or concerns?

 

Regards

 

Shane 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.


Re: Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

Christopher Ekren
 

Excellent for me.

 

Chris Ekren

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Sami Atabani
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 7:36 AM
To: main@...
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Automotive <openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

These would work for me too!

 

Thanks

 

Sami

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Dave Marr via Lists.Openchainproject.Org
Sent: 28 February 2020 14:47
To: main@...
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Automotive <openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

Leader of Team Awesome,

 

Not commenting on the specific days selected (they all work for me) but am glad to see this is moving back to early Dec as mid-Dec starts getting into some folks’ early holiday getaway plans.

 

Thanks,

Dave

 


From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 2:04:17 AM
To: main@... <main@...>
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Automotive <openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization.

Apologies all. Nori just clarified he would like to move us to 1~2 December. Any objections?

 

On Feb 25, 2020, at 15:55, Shane Coughlan via Lists.Openchainproject.Org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:



Hello team awesome

We have a request to consider moving the Open Compliance Summit from December 3 – 4, 2020 to December 2 – 3, 2020 (one day earlier).

This would overlap with CloudNative Days Kansai

 

Does anyone have any objections or concerns?

 

Regards

 

Shane 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.


Re: Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

Sami Atabani
 

These would work for me too!

 

Thanks

 

Sami

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Dave Marr via Lists.Openchainproject.Org
Sent: 28 February 2020 14:47
To: main@...
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Automotive <openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

Leader of Team Awesome,

 

Not commenting on the specific days selected (they all work for me) but am glad to see this is moving back to early Dec as mid-Dec starts getting into some folks’ early holiday getaway plans.

 

Thanks,

Dave

 


From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 2:04:17 AM
To: main@... <main@...>
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Automotive <openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization.

Apologies all. Nori just clarified he would like to move us to 1~2 December. Any objections?

 

On Feb 25, 2020, at 15:55, Shane Coughlan via Lists.Openchainproject.Org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:



Hello team awesome

We have a request to consider moving the Open Compliance Summit from December 3 – 4, 2020 to December 2 – 3, 2020 (one day earlier).

This would overlap with CloudNative Days Kansai

 

Does anyone have any objections or concerns?

 

Regards

 

Shane 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.


Re: Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

Dave Marr
 

Leader of Team Awesome,

Not commenting on the specific days selected (they all work for me) but am glad to see this is moving back to early Dec as mid-Dec starts getting into some folks’ early holiday getaway plans.

Thanks,
Dave


From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 2:04:17 AM
To: main@... <main@...>
Cc: OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Automotive <openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?
 

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization.

Apologies all. Nori just clarified he would like to move us to 1~2 December. Any objections?

On Feb 25, 2020, at 15:55, Shane Coughlan via Lists.Openchainproject.Org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:


Hello team awesome

We have a request to consider moving the Open Compliance Summit from December 3 – 4, 2020 to December 2 – 3, 2020 (one day earlier).

This would overlap with CloudNative Days Kansai

Does anyone have any objections or concerns?

Regards

Shane 


Re: Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

Apologies all. Nori just clarified he would like to move us to 1~2 December. Any objections?

On Feb 25, 2020, at 15:55, Shane Coughlan via Lists.Openchainproject.Org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:


Hello team awesome

We have a request to consider moving the Open Compliance Summit from December 3 – 4, 2020 to December 2 – 3, 2020 (one day earlier).

This would overlap with CloudNative Days Kansai

Does anyone have any objections or concerns?

Regards

Shane 


ClearlyDefined Job

Jeff McAffer <jeffmcaffer@...>
 

So you may have heard about ClearlyDefined (https://clearlydefined.io) (especially if you've spent more than 5 minutes with me :-). Well now you can make it your full time job! https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/800721/Principal-Software-Engineer

Jeff


Reminder: the Arm case study is ready for review and sharing

 

A reminder: the excellent Arm case study on OpenChain conformance is available. It documents a multi-stage process leading to their becoming the world's first full-company conformant entity: https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/02/17/openchain-conformance-the-arm-case-study


The Great Wiki Migration

 

Are you using part of the main OpenChain wiki here?
http://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/

Time to prepare for an infrastructure change. We are taking all our toys to Github to make collaboration easier and more effective, not to mention reducing the amount of time spent in various config and permissions.

Tutorial:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Onboarding-JWG/blob/master/Tutorial/GitHubPages/how-to-migrate.md

Our trial page:
https://openchain-project.github.io/Onboarding-JWG/
(https://openchain-project.github.io/[repository-name]/)
Source Code:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Onboarding-JWG/tree/master/docs

Korea WG page:
https://openchain-project.github.io/OpenChain-KWG/

Our timescale is not locked down yet. Please let us know what you think is reasonable in this thread.

Kudos to Kobota San for working this out and Fukuchi San for helping to communicate it widely.


Latest OpenChain Newsletter now available

 

The latest OpenChain Project newsletter is now available. It covers some of our key activities around the end of December and throughout January. As you can probably guess a lot was happening:
https://www.openchainproject.org/openchain-newsletter-issue-33

Our full newsletter archive:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/newsletter


Re: General Manager will not be at the LF Member Summit

 

Thank you Matija!

Enforced extra time to spend with the hedgehog...

On Feb 26, 2020, at 18:25, Matija Šuklje <@hook> wrote:

Stay safe!
cheers,
Matija
--
gsm: tel:+386.41.849.552
www: https://matija.suklje.name
xmpp: matija.suklje@...
sip: matija_suklje@...



Re: Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 Available in Russian

 

Thanks Jeremiah! That’s fantastic.

On Feb 25, 2020, at 23:49, Jeremiah C. Foster <jfoster@...> wrote:



Hello,


I have contacts in Russia at Luxoft who may be willing to review the translation. I'll contact them.


Regards,


Jeremiah


From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:38:38 AM
To: OpenChain Main
Subject: Re: [openchain] Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 Available in Russian
 
Thank you Denis!

Do you have any open source contacts in Russia we could approach about being the second set of eyes on the translation? 

On Feb 25, 2020, at 4:59, Денис <dda-lawyer@...> wrote:

Hi all,
 
Shane, thanks for the mention! I was glad to contribute in the project by making the translation.
Hope, it will be need less time to achieve an official status for the translation rather last time. If you have any issue at Github regarding to Russian translation (like this - https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/issues/2) or need to make a contribution, please le me know - I will try to solve it there.
 
Wish to all to have a good and efficient week.
 
 
best regards,
Denis Dorotenko
 
 
17.02.2020, 11:57, "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@...>:

Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 Available in Russian

Thanks to the hard work of Denis Dorotenko at Yandex (https://dorotenko.pro/english/) the OpenChain Specification 2.0 has a draft translation in Russian. This will be converted to an official translation once it completes peer review.

Get the Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 in Russian
        • https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/raw/master/ru/2.0/OpenChainSpec-2.0.TranslationTemplate(ru)%20edited%202020-02-11%20clean.docx

Contribute to New Versions

        • Via the main project mailing list:
main@...
        • Via Github:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/tree/master/ru

 





This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.


Re: General Manager will not be at the LF Member Summit

Matija Šuklje
 

Stay safe!

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm: tel:+386.41.849.552
www: https://matija.suklje.name
xmpp: matija.suklje@...
sip: matija_suklje@...


General Manager will not be at the LF Member Summit

 

Today I cancelled my trip to the Linux Foundation Member Summit in Tahoe due to COVID-19. It was an unfortunate decision and not taken lightly. However, given the virus is now confirmed within 50km of me, the risk of being a carrier is too great. OpenChain activities at the Member Summit will continue as planned.

Regards

Shane


Re: Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 Available in Russian

Jeremiah C. Foster <jfoster@...>
 

Hello,


I have contacts in Russia at Luxoft who may be willing to review the translation. I'll contact them.


Regards,


Jeremiah


From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:38:38 AM
To: OpenChain Main
Subject: Re: [openchain] Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 Available in Russian
 
Thank you Denis!

Do you have any open source contacts in Russia we could approach about being the second set of eyes on the translation? 

On Feb 25, 2020, at 4:59, Денис <dda-lawyer@...> wrote:

Hi all,
 
Shane, thanks for the mention! I was glad to contribute in the project by making the translation.
Hope, it will be need less time to achieve an official status for the translation rather last time. If you have any issue at Github regarding to Russian translation (like this - https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/issues/2) or need to make a contribution, please le me know - I will try to solve it there.
 
Wish to all to have a good and efficient week.
 
 
best regards,
Denis Dorotenko
 
 
17.02.2020, 11:57, "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@...>:

Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 Available in Russian

Thanks to the hard work of Denis Dorotenko at Yandex (https://dorotenko.pro/english/) the OpenChain Specification 2.0 has a draft translation in Russian. This will be converted to an official translation once it completes peer review.

Get the Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 in Russian
        • https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/raw/master/ru/2.0/OpenChainSpec-2.0.TranslationTemplate(ru)%20edited%202020-02-11%20clean.docx

Contribute to New Versions

        • Via the main project mailing list:
main@...
        • Via Github:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/tree/master/ru

 





This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.


Open Compliance Summit - Date Change Acceptable?

 

Hello team awesome

We have a request to consider moving the Open Compliance Summit from December 3 – 4, 2020 to December 2 – 3, 2020 (one day earlier).

This would overlap with CloudNative Days Kansai

Does anyone have any objections or concerns?

Regards

Shane 


Re: Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 Available in Russian

 

Thank you Denis!

Do you have any open source contacts in Russia we could approach about being the second set of eyes on the translation? 

On Feb 25, 2020, at 4:59, Денис <dda-lawyer@...> wrote:

Hi all,
 
Shane, thanks for the mention! I was glad to contribute in the project by making the translation.
Hope, it will be need less time to achieve an official status for the translation rather last time. If you have any issue at Github regarding to Russian translation (like this - https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/issues/2) or need to make a contribution, please le me know - I will try to solve it there.
 
Wish to all to have a good and efficient week.
 
 
best regards,
Denis Dorotenko
 
 
17.02.2020, 11:57, "Shane Coughlan" <scoughlan@...>:

Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 Available in Russian

Thanks to the hard work of Denis Dorotenko at Yandex (https://dorotenko.pro/english/) the OpenChain Specification 2.0 has a draft translation in Russian. This will be converted to an official translation once it completes peer review.

Get the Draft OpenChain Specification 2.0 in Russian
        • https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/raw/master/ru/2.0/OpenChainSpec-2.0.TranslationTemplate(ru)%20edited%202020-02-11%20clean.docx

Contribute to New Versions

        • Via the main project mailing list:
main@...
        • Via Github:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Specification-Translations/tree/master/ru

 



PwC Provides Expanded Details on OpenChain Services

 

More details on how PwC is supporting and promoting OpenChain globally:
"PwC offers Open Source Software management compliance attestation according to the OpenChain industry standard. Thanks to a global PwC reporting platform, the report can be made available to all clients, effectively demonstrating the professional and appropriate handling of Open Source Software."
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/02/24/pwc-provides-expanded-details-on-openchain-services


OpenChain + SPDX Lite – Credit where Credit is Due

 

The OpenChain Japan Work Group has run an active licensing sub-work group throughout 2019. Their activity has been focused on practical applications of a streamlined Software Bill of Materials using core attributes of SPDX. Now that the work is advanced, collaboration with the SDPX Project is fully established, and we are heading into production it is time to highlight the individuals behind this initiative.

Great Thanks are Due To
• Toru TAIMA
• Yuji NOMURA
• Yoshiyuki ITO
• Yoshiko OUCHI
• Norio KOBOTA
• Hiroyuki FUKUCHI

Taima-san from Pioneer is the senior contributor to this effort who defined the initial fields based on a practical business use case.

Nomura-san from Hitachi, Ito-san from Renesas and Ouchi-san from Fujitsu proposed improvements to the SPDX Lite description and format.

Kobota-san from Sony took lead on confirming full compatibility between SPDX and SPDX Lite.

And of course Fukuchi-san from Sony proposed the original concept, formed the sub-work group, and wrote the proposal of SPDX Lite.

In addition to these contributors all the members of “license info” sub-group contributed to the work and final go-to-market activity.

Learn More
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/jwg_lincense_sg_page


OpenChain Korea Work Group Meeting # 5 – 19th of March – Cancelled

 

The 5th meeting of the OpenChain Korean Work Group scheduled to be hosted by Kakao in Seoul on the 19th of March has been cancelled. The cancellation is due to COVID-19 and joins recent cancellations of face-to-face work group meetings in China and Japan.

We are exploring the possibility of holding the meeting via teleconference. Most details to follow soon.

More Information on the Korea Mailing List
https://lists.openchainproject.org/g/korea-wg


OpenChain @ DLA Piper’s Open Source In-House Counsel Discussion on February 26th

 

OpenChain will be featured at DLA Piper’s Open Source In-House Counsel Discussion on February 26th. We are part of a meeting that will cover GPL disputes, open source in the cloud and more recent developments in our field.

From DLA Piper:

DLA Piper’s Open Source In-house Counsel Discussion series is managed by and for in-house counsel, providing them with a venue to discuss open source legal issues under the Chatham House rule. Following on our initial meeting in Fall 2019, we will holding OSS In-house Counsel Discussions every quarter, alternating between morning and afternoon to enable participation from Europe and Asia, respectively.

https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/02/24/openchain-dla-piper-feb-2020