Date   

Re: Education editing at the mini-summit

Dave Marr
 

Mark was able to disable the passcode, and if the summit gets Zoom bombed again he will be able to remove them.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org> On Behalf Of Sami Atabani
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021 9:17 AM
To: main@lists.openchainproject.org
Cc: OpenChain Education <education@lists.openchainproject.org>
Subject: Re: [openchain] Education editing at the mini-summit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please post the new zoom link and passcode?
Sami

-----Original Message-----
From: main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org
Sent: 14 June 2021 12:06
To: OpenChain Main <main@lists.openchainproject.org>
Cc: OpenChain Education <education@lists.openchainproject.org>
Subject: [openchain] Education editing at the mini-summit

Reminder: we are just doing the first three chapters for the first release. Document here. What do we need to change before going live?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FA6GvYG7G-cQgSdAM610CjYQExwJW3xY/edit#




IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.


Re: Education editing at the mini-summit

Sami Atabani
 

Can someone please post the new zoom link and passcode?
Sami

-----Original Message-----
From: main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org
Sent: 14 June 2021 12:06
To: OpenChain Main <main@lists.openchainproject.org>
Cc: OpenChain Education <education@lists.openchainproject.org>
Subject: [openchain] Education editing at the mini-summit

Reminder: we are just doing the first three chapters for the first release. Document here. What do we need to change before going live?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FA6GvYG7G-cQgSdAM610CjYQExwJW3xY/edit#




IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.


Re: [education] REMINDER: OpenChain Q2 Mini-Summit 2021-06-14 at 14:00 UTC / 07:00 PST / 15:00 BST / 16:00 CEST / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST / 23:00 JST

Jari Koivisto
 

Try this URL: https://windriver.zoom.us/j/92761776704?pwd=YU5mUTVXWHV5NnRIZEhyTGk2RXA4QT09


---
Jari Koivisto
E-mail: jari.p.koivisto@...
Mobile: +41 78 7479791
Skype: jari.p.koivisto
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jarikoivisto



On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 13:06, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
This three-hour event will have two live collaboration sessions.

We will open with one hour for the OpenChain education work team. The focus will be on final review of the online course and a discussion of what education work we should do next. This will be lead by Balakrisha, chair of the education work team.

We will continue with a two hour live-editing session for the OpenChain ISO 5230 security usage reference document. The goal will be to have an output that can be immediately used by our community regarding application of OpenChain ISO 5230 in security contexts. This discussion will be lead by Mark, chair of the specification work team.

Everyone is welcome to the event and encouraged to attend. There is no registration or fee to access. Your thoughts and requests for additional activities during the event are also welcome.

Dial in:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09





REMINDER: OpenChain Q2 Mini-Summit 2021-06-14 at 14:00 UTC / 07:00 PST / 15:00 BST / 16:00 CEST / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST / 23:00 JST

 

This three-hour event will have two live collaboration sessions.

We will open with one hour for the OpenChain education work team. The focus will be on final review of the online course and a discussion of what education work we should do next. This will be lead by Balakrisha, chair of the education work team.

We will continue with a two hour live-editing session for the OpenChain ISO 5230 security usage reference document. The goal will be to have an output that can be immediately used by our community regarding application of OpenChain ISO 5230 in security contexts. This discussion will be lead by Mark, chair of the specification work team.

Everyone is welcome to the event and encouraged to attend. There is no registration or fee to access. Your thoughts and requests for additional activities during the event are also welcome.

Dial in:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09


Education editing at the mini-summit

 

Reminder: we are just doing the first three chapters for the first release. Document here. What do we need to change before going live?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FA6GvYG7G-cQgSdAM610CjYQExwJW3xY/edit#


REMINDER: OpenChain Partner Mini-Summit in 30 minutes (0700 UTC)

 

The OpenChain PARTNER Mini-Summit will be held on the 14th of June at 07:00 UTC / 00:00 PST / 08:00 BST / 09:00 CEST / 12:30 IST / 15:00 CST / 16:00 KST / 16:00 JST.
The two-hour Mini-Summit will start with a discussion about the customer journey, followed by presentations from partners, and end with an open discussion about setting client expectations.
Andrew Katz of Orcro will facilitate the customer journey discussion.
Our partner presentations will be:
  • Gilles Gravier and Reza Alvavi from WIPRO
  • Nicole Pappler from AlektoMetis
  • Martin Callinan from Source Code Control
We will end with the roundtable on client expectations moderated by Shane Coughlan of the OpenChain Project.


May be of interest: Synopsys Open Source Security and Risk Analysis (OSSRA) report

 

"Now in its sixth year, the 2021 Open Source Security and Risk Analysis (OSSRA) report exposes vulnerabilities and license conflicts found in more than 1,500 codebases across 17 industries. The report includes recommendations to help developers and consumers understand the software ecosystem they are a part of, as well as the risks accompanying open source development and use.”
https://www.synopsys.com/software-integrity/resources/analyst-reports/open-source-security-risk-analysis.html


OpenChain Partner Summit Today @ 07:00 UTC / 00:00 PST / 08:00 BST / 09:00 CEST / 12:30 IST / 15:00 CST / 16:00 KST / 16:00 JST

 

Quarterly OpenChain Partner Summit Today (Monday) @ 07:00 UTC / 00:00 PST / 08:00 BST / 09:00 CEST / 12:30 IST / 15:00 CST / 16:00 KST / 16:00 JST. Two hours of talks, panels and roundtables covering key items in the OpenChain ISO 5230 vendor ecosystem. No registration or fee to attend.
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


OpenChain Partner Mini-Summit - 2020 -06-14 @ 0700 UTC

Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>
 

The OpenChain PARTNER Mini-Summit will be held on the 14th of June at 07:00 UTC / 00:00 PST / 08:00 BST / 09:00 CEST / 12:30 IST / 15:00 CST / 16:00 KST / 16:00 JST.

The two-hour Mini-Summit will start with a discussion about the customer journey, followed by presentations from partners, and end with an open discussion about setting client expectations.

Everyone is welcome to the event and encouraged to attend. There is no registration or fee to access. Your thoughts and requests for additional activities during the event are also welcome.

Dial in:



OpenChain Q2 Mini-Summit – 2021-06-14 @ 14:00 UTC

 

The OpenChain Q2 Mini-Summit will be held on the 14th of June at 14:00 UTC / 07:00 PST / 15:00 BST / 16:00 CEST / 19:30 IST / 22:00 CST / 23:00 KST / 23:00 JST.

This three-hour event will have two live collaboration sessions.

We will open with one hour for the OpenChain education work team. The focus will be on final review of the online course and a discussion of what education work we should do next. This will be lead by Balakrisha, chair of the education work team.

We will continue with a two hour live-editing session for the OpenChain ISO 5230 security usage reference document. The goal will be to have an output that can be immediately used by our community regarding application of OpenChain ISO 5230 in security contexts. This discussion will be lead by Mark, chair of the specification work team.

Everyone is welcome to the event and encouraged to attend. There is no registration or fee to access. Your thoughts and requests for additional activities during the event are also welcome.

Dial in:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09


OpenChain Korea Work Group Meeting #10 – 2021-06-22

 

The OpenChain Korea Work Group will hold its 10th meeting on the 22nd of June between 15:00 and 17:00 KST. The agenda will be published on the dedicated event page shortly. All welcome. No registration necessary. The meeting will be conducted in Korean.
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/06/11/korea-wg-10


External Blog: ISO 5230 OpenChain: How Will the Standard be Used?

 

Check out a recent article from Source Code Control talking about how OpenChain ISO 5230 can and will be used in security, M&A and other fields in addition to open source license compliance:

https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/06/05/external-blog-iso-5230-openchain-how-will-the-standard-be-used


OpenChain Global Work Team Meeting 2021-06-08 – Full Recording

 

Greetings all!

The full recording of our latest global work team call is now available. The primary focus was in completing the online education course. We made great progress!
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/06/10/global-work-team-2021-06-08

Regards

Shane


Synopsys Is The Third OpenChain Global Certifier

 

Synopsys Is The Third OpenChain Global Certifier

"Synopsys has been announced as a global third-party certifier for OpenChain ISO 5230, the International Standard for open source license compliance. They join PwC and TUV SUD in providing such services."
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2021/06/04/synopsys-global-certifier

A news item from Synopsys:
https://securityboulevard.com/2021/06/announcing-synopsys-as-an-openchain-project-third-party-certifier/


Global work team meeting today @ 06:00 UTC / 14:00 CST / 15:00 KST/JST

 

Reminder: Global work team meeting today @ 06:00 UTC / 14:00 CST / 15:00 KST/JST

This will be our final review of the first version of the OpenChain online education course. Your eyes and assistance most welcome!

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09


We start in around 3 hours 🙂

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


Latest OpenChain Newsletter now available

Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>
 


External Webinar: Accelerating Innovation With Open Source and Agile Compliance in the Financial Sector

 

FYI.

“Open source adoption is increasing rapidly within the financial services industry. Thanks to cutting edge technologies, affordability, flexibility, and the power of the open source community – more and more financial institutions are encouraged to integrate open source components into their investment and more data processing systems. Meanwhile, the industry’s growing list of compliance initiatives and regulations dramatically changes the way financial companies rely on technology to help improve governance and compliance structures. In this webinar our experts will discuss the challenges the financial services industry faces when it comes to open source compliance, a look at regulation trusted standards and how companies that want to stay ahead of the game must leverage technology to automate important security and compliance processes.”



Open Compliance Summit @ 2021-12-16 - Virtual

 

The Linux Foundation Open Compliance Summit has just been announced for December 16th 2021 as a virtual event.
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-compliance-summit/

I will let you know when the call for papers opens.


State of Open, UK Survey

Jennifer McGinnis <jmcginnis@...>
 

Hi OpenChain,

We are sharing this survey on half of Open UK.  They are seeking information/feedback on the state of open within the UK:

The survey closes 10 June and will be reported 7 July.  We are looking to get those based in the UK to complete whether business or public sector, whatever business sector they are in and wherever their parent companies are.
Everyone based in the UK is welcome and if you know what IT your company uses it will take about 10 minutes to complete. It’s purposely simple.


State of Open: The UK in 2021, OpenUK Report - OpenUK

State of Open: The UK in 2021, Open UK Report  » Read more about: State of Open: The UK in 2021, OpenUK Report  »




Thank you!

Jenni


--
Jenni McGinnis
Projects Coordinator | The Linux Foundation
Assisting with RISC-V International, OpenChain, TARS, & OpenFabrics Alliance


Re: OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar - Today (June 1st) at 06:00 UTC / 14:00 CST / 15:00 KST+JST

 

Great webinar with Armijn Hemel just finished. It’s clear that we need to keep license variations top of mind. It’s not an overt challenge but there is less continuity than may be expected. Forthcoming academic article. Will highlight here when it is out.

Recording of the webinar will be out around Wednesday.

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan

On Jun 1, 2021, at 10:14, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

OpenChain Bi-Weekly Webinar - Today (June 1st) at 06:00 UTC / 14:00 CST / 15:00 KST+JST

Our bi-weekly webinar will feature an exclusive deep-dive into an important topic: variations of the GPLv2 license, including from primary sources such as FSF. Armijn Hemel, who has done research in this area, will lead the webinar.

* https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09

Meeting ID: 999 012 0120
Password: 123456

One Tap Telephone (no screensharing)

* +358 9 4245 1488,,9990120120# Finland
* +33 7 5678 4048,,9990120120# France
* +49 69 7104 9922,,9990120120# Germany
* +852 5808 6088,,9990120120# Hong Kong
* +39 069 480 6488,,9990120120# Italy
* +353 6 163 9031,,9990120120# Ireland
* +81 524 564 439,,9990120120# Japan
* +82 2 6105 4111,,9990120120# Korea
* +34 917 873 431,,9990120120# Spain
* +46 850 539 728,,9990120120# Sweden
* +41 43 210 71 08,,9990120120# Switzerland
* +44 330 088 5830,,9990120120# UK
* +16699006833,,9990120120# US (San Jose)
* +12532158782,,9990120120# US

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abeUqy3kYQ

181 - 200 of 4197