OpenChain -- Agenda Bashing for Tuesday 9/16


Kelly Williams
 

We can discuss ISO 19600 and continue discussion on Acceptance Criteria at our next meeting on 10/7.

 

Regards,

Kelly

 

From: Joseph Potvin [mailto:jpotvin@...]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:21 PM
To: Williams, Kelly; openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain -- Agenda Bashing for Tuesday 9/16

 

RE: "Hi, our next meeting is on Tuesday 9/16 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST"

Very sorry -- I read the info incorrectly when I made my e-calendar note, and thus registered it as being at 3 PM EDT, which I see now was the UTC time.

Joseph Potvin



 

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Phone bridge info:

 

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657

Pin: 88326

 

Looking forward to having you on the call tomorrow.

 

From: Joseph Potvin [mailto:jpotvin@...]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 6:30 PM
To: Williams, Kelly
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain -- Agenda Bashing for Tuesday 9/16

 

Is there 1-800 number I can call into?  I'll be downtown on my cell phone at that time.

Joseph

 

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Great!  I’ve scheduled you in for 10 mins on the ISO 19600 discussion.  I will send out the agenda shortly.

 

Thanks!

Kelly

 

 

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Hi Joseph,

 

I am working on the agenda for tomorrow’s OpenChain meeting and will add this to the agenda.  Will you be able to join the meeting tomorrow, 9/16 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST? 

 

If time runs out, would you be available to discuss at the next meeting on Tuesday, 10/7 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST?

 

Regards,

Kelly Williams

Project Analyst

Open Source Group

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Marr, David
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:34 AM
To: Joseph Potvin
Cc:
openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain -- Agenda Bashing for Tuesday 9/16

 

Thanks Joseph, I think that would be great.  Will try to review the suggested ISO materials prior to the call.  BTW nice collection of general FOSS materials on that wiki page.

 

On Sep 13, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@...> wrote:

 

David, I'm not sure of by "lead an overview discussion" you mean that someone would give a 5-min intro presentation.

If suitable I can explain the rationale for my recommendation to situate the OpenChain initiative as a sector-specific application (potentially with sector-specific extensions) of the emerging generic ISO 19600 guideline/standard on compliance management systems.

 

As I've not myself been involved in the development process of ISO 19600, possibly the most efficient use of limited time on a conf call if participants could, ahead of time, scan this 6-pg summary about its origins:

Author: Dick Hortensius, +31 15 2 690 115, e-mail: dick.hortensius@...

 

I think the practical suggestion I'll bring forward for discussion during the call is that the OpenChain community identify and resource formal liaison with the ISO's Project Committee (PC) that is working on development of ISO 19600, identified as ISO/PC 271 Compliance management systems.
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/standards_development/list_of_iso_technical_committees/iso_technical_committee.htm?commid=4395782

The ISO work is carried out via Technical Committees (TC), Subcommittees (SC) and Project Committees (PC). If the 19600 framework seems relevant to the team, a connection with the "training materials" part of the conf call is this ANSI 2013 Refresher Counse on "Changes to the ISO Directives":
http://www.standardslearn.org/Presentations/ISODirectivesUpdates2013/2013-ISO-Refresher-Course.pdf

And as mentioned earler, we've started maintaining links to useful learning resources on the topic of compliance management within the FLOW Syllabus (and any additional top recommendations to this collection will be most welcome):

http://wiki.opensource.org/bin/Projects/flow-syllabus#HManagementofResponsibility

-
Joseph Potvin, M.Phil. MCPM
Doctoral Candidate, Project Management
Département des sciences administratives
Université du Québec en Outaouais - UQO

Chair, OSI Management Education Working Group

The Open Source Initiative


Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@...
Mobile: 819-593-5983

 

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:

Hi, our next meeting is on Tuesday 9/16 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST.

 

In our last meeting we discussed that training materials would be on the agenda for the next meeting.  Additionally, may I suggest the topic of acceptance criteria.  Yixiong from Qualcomm Technologies has offered to join the call and provide a suggestion on how OpenChain might consider handling acceptance criteria and ways to create consistency.

 

Based on a review of the discussion on the OpenChain email alias, and adding those discussion topics to the above candidate agenda topics we have:

 

·         Training materials

·         Acceptance criteria and automation

·         Quality Standards (and how that connects to the process that generates content such as SPDX)

·         SPDX (probably good to discuss where SPDX ends and OpenChain begins)

·         ISO 19600

·         IPC 2570

 

Any additional proposed topics?  For the first two topics, we already have prepared materials.  For the third topic derived from the alias discussion, I hope to also cover in order to open the dialogue on quality standards as well as achievable goals. 

 

For the other topics (last three bullets) and any additional ones to be proposed, would much welcome a volunteer to lead an overview discussion. 

 

Kelly cc’d has offered to manage an ongoing list of agenda topics for us, and will also be helping with the roll call at the start.  If you have an agenda topic with materials that you would like to present during the call, please feel free to send those either to the alias or directly to Kelly, who will be helping us organize our topic pipeline.  She is also on the openchain@... alias.

 

Thanks,

Dave


_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain



 

 


Joseph Potvin
 

RE: "Hi, our next meeting is on Tuesday 9/16 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST"

Very sorry -- I read the info incorrectly when I made my e-calendar note, and thus registered it as being at 3 PM EDT, which I see now was the UTC time.

Joseph Potvin




On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Phone bridge info:

 

Conference Number: +1 (415) 906-5657

Pin: 88326

 

Looking forward to having you on the call tomorrow.

 

From: Joseph Potvin [mailto:jpotvin@...]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 6:30 PM
To: Williams, Kelly
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain -- Agenda Bashing for Tuesday 9/16

 

Is there 1-800 number I can call into?  I'll be downtown on my cell phone at that time.

Joseph

 

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Great!  I’ve scheduled you in for 10 mins on the ISO 19600 discussion.  I will send out the agenda shortly.

 

Thanks!

Kelly

 

 

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Williams, Kelly <kellyw@...> wrote:

Hi Joseph,

 

I am working on the agenda for tomorrow’s OpenChain meeting and will add this to the agenda.  Will you be able to join the meeting tomorrow, 9/16 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST? 

 

If time runs out, would you be available to discuss at the next meeting on Tuesday, 10/7 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST?

 

Regards,

Kelly Williams

Project Analyst

Open Source Group

 

 

From: openchain-bounces@... [mailto:openchain-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Marr, David
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:34 AM
To: Joseph Potvin
Cc: openchain@...
Subject: Re: [OpenChain] OpenChain -- Agenda Bashing for Tuesday 9/16

 

Thanks Joseph, I think that would be great.  Will try to review the suggested ISO materials prior to the call.  BTW nice collection of general FOSS materials on that wiki page.

 

On Sep 13, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@...> wrote:

 

David, I'm not sure of by "lead an overview discussion" you mean that someone would give a 5-min intro presentation.

If suitable I can explain the rationale for my recommendation to situate the OpenChain initiative as a sector-specific application (potentially with sector-specific extensions) of the emerging generic ISO 19600 guideline/standard on compliance management systems.

 

As I've not myself been involved in the development process of ISO 19600, possibly the most efficient use of limited time on a conf call if participants could, ahead of time, scan this 6-pg summary about its origins:

Author: Dick Hortensius, +31 15 2 690 115, e-mail: dick.hortensius@...

 

I think the practical suggestion I'll bring forward for discussion during the call is that the OpenChain community identify and resource formal liaison with the ISO's Project Committee (PC) that is working on development of ISO 19600, identified as ISO/PC 271 Compliance management systems.
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/standards_development/list_of_iso_technical_committees/iso_technical_committee.htm?commid=4395782

The ISO work is carried out via Technical Committees (TC), Subcommittees (SC) and Project Committees (PC). If the 19600 framework seems relevant to the team, a connection with the "training materials" part of the conf call is this ANSI 2013 Refresher Counse on "Changes to the ISO Directives":
http://www.standardslearn.org/Presentations/ISODirectivesUpdates2013/2013-ISO-Refresher-Course.pdf

And as mentioned earler, we've started maintaining links to useful learning resources on the topic of compliance management within the FLOW Syllabus (and any additional top recommendations to this collection will be most welcome):

http://wiki.opensource.org/bin/Projects/flow-syllabus#HManagementofResponsibility

-
Joseph Potvin, M.Phil. MCPM
Doctoral Candidate, Project Management
Département des sciences administratives
Université du Québec en Outaouais - UQO

Chair, OSI Management Education Working Group

The Open Source Initiative


Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@...
Mobile: 819-593-5983

 

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:

Hi, our next meeting is on Tuesday 9/16 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST.

 

In our last meeting we discussed that training materials would be on the agenda for the next meeting.  Additionally, may I suggest the topic of acceptance criteria.  Yixiong from Qualcomm Technologies has offered to join the call and provide a suggestion on how OpenChain might consider handling acceptance criteria and ways to create consistency.

 

Based on a review of the discussion on the OpenChain email alias, and adding those discussion topics to the above candidate agenda topics we have:

 

·         Training materials

·         Acceptance criteria and automation

·         Quality Standards (and how that connects to the process that generates content such as SPDX)

·         SPDX (probably good to discuss where SPDX ends and OpenChain begins)

·         ISO 19600

·         IPC 2570

 

Any additional proposed topics?  For the first two topics, we already have prepared materials.  For the third topic derived from the alias discussion, I hope to also cover in order to open the dialogue on quality standards as well as achievable goals. 

 

For the other topics (last three bullets) and any additional ones to be proposed, would much welcome a volunteer to lead an overview discussion. 

 

Kelly cc’d has offered to manage an ongoing list of agenda topics for us, and will also be helping with the roll call at the start.  If you have an agenda topic with materials that you would like to present during the call, please feel free to send those either to the alias or directly to Kelly, who will be helping us organize our topic pipeline.  She is also on the openchain@... alias.

 

Thanks,

Dave


_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain



 



Dave Marr
 

Thanks Joseph, I think that would be great.  Will try to review the suggested ISO materials prior to the call.  BTW nice collection of general FOSS materials on that wiki page.

On Sep 13, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@...> wrote:

David, I'm not sure of by "lead an overview discussion" you mean that someone would give a 5-min intro presentation.

If suitable I can explain the rationale for my recommendation to situate the OpenChain initiative as a sector-specific application (potentially with sector-specific extensions) of the emerging generic ISO 19600 guideline/standard on compliance management systems.

As I've not myself been involved in the development process of ISO 19600, possibly the most efficient use of limited time on a conf call if participants could, ahead of time, scan this 6-pg summary about its origins:
Author: Dick Hortensius, +31 15 2 690 115, e-mail: dick.hortensius@...

I think the practical suggestion I'll bring forward for discussion during the call is that the OpenChain community identify and resource formal liaison with the ISO's Project Committee (PC) that is working on development of ISO 19600, identified as ISO/PC 271 Compliance management systems.
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/standards_development/list_of_iso_technical_committees/iso_technical_committee.htm?commid=4395782

The ISO work is carried out via Technical Committees (TC), Subcommittees (SC) and Project Committees (PC). If the 19600 framework seems relevant to the team, a connection with the "training materials" part of the conf call is this ANSI 2013 Refresher Counse on "Changes to the ISO Directives":
http://www.standardslearn.org/Presentations/ISODirectivesUpdates2013/2013-ISO-Refresher-Course.pdf

And as mentioned earler, we've started maintaining links to useful learning resources on the topic of compliance management within the FLOW Syllabus (and any additional top recommendations to this collection will be most welcome):
http://wiki.opensource.org/bin/Projects/flow-syllabus#HManagementofResponsibility

-
Joseph Potvin, M.Phil. MCPM
Doctoral Candidate, Project Management
Département des sciences administratives
Université du Québec en Outaouais - UQO

Chair, OSI Management Education Working Group

The Open Source Initiative


Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@...
Mobile: 819-593-5983


On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:

Hi, our next meeting is on Tuesday 9/16 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST.

 

In our last meeting we discussed that training materials would be on the agenda for the next meeting.  Additionally, may I suggest the topic of acceptance criteria.  Yixiong from Qualcomm Technologies has offered to join the call and provide a suggestion on how OpenChain might consider handling acceptance criteria and ways to create consistency.

 

Based on a review of the discussion on the OpenChain email alias, and adding those discussion topics to the above candidate agenda topics we have:

 

·         Training materials

·         Acceptance criteria and automation

·         Quality Standards (and how that connects to the process that generates content such as SPDX)

·         SPDX (probably good to discuss where SPDX ends and OpenChain begins)

·         ISO 19600

·         IPC 2570

 

Any additional proposed topics?  For the first two topics, we already have prepared materials.  For the third topic derived from the alias discussion, I hope to also cover in order to open the dialogue on quality standards as well as achievable goals. 

 

For the other topics (last three bullets) and any additional ones to be proposed, would much welcome a volunteer to lead an overview discussion. 

 

Kelly cc’d has offered to manage an ongoing list of agenda topics for us, and will also be helping with the roll call at the start.  If you have an agenda topic with materials that you would like to present during the call, please feel free to send those either to the alias or directly to Kelly, who will be helping us organize our topic pipeline.  She is also on the openchain@... alias.

 

Thanks,

Dave


_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain







Joseph Potvin
 

David, I'm not sure of by "lead an overview discussion" you mean that someone would give a 5-min intro presentation.

If suitable I can explain the rationale for my recommendation to situate the OpenChain initiative as a sector-specific application (potentially with sector-specific extensions) of the emerging generic ISO 19600 guideline/standard on compliance management systems.

As I've not myself been involved in the development process of ISO 19600, possibly the most efficient use of limited time on a conf call if participants could, ahead of time, scan this 6-pg summary about its origins:
Author: Dick Hortensius, +31 15 2 690 115, e-mail: dick.hortensius@...

I think the practical suggestion I'll bring forward for discussion during the call is that the OpenChain community identify and resource formal liaison with the ISO's Project Committee (PC) that is working on development of ISO 19600, identified as ISO/PC 271 Compliance management systems.
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/standards_development/list_of_iso_technical_committees/iso_technical_committee.htm?commid=4395782

The ISO work is carried out via Technical Committees (TC), Subcommittees (SC) and Project Committees (PC). If the 19600 framework seems relevant to the team, a connection with the "training materials" part of the conf call is this ANSI 2013 Refresher Counse on "Changes to the ISO Directives":
http://www.standardslearn.org/Presentations/ISODirectivesUpdates2013/2013-ISO-Refresher-Course.pdf

And as mentioned earler, we've started maintaining links to useful learning resources on the topic of compliance management within the FLOW Syllabus (and any additional top recommendations to this collection will be most welcome):
http://wiki.opensource.org/bin/Projects/flow-syllabus#HManagementofResponsibility

-
Joseph Potvin, M.Phil. MCPM
Doctoral Candidate, Project Management
Département des sciences administratives
Université du Québec en Outaouais - UQO

Chair, OSI Management Education Working Group

The Open Source Initiative


Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@...
Mobile: 819-593-5983


On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:

Hi, our next meeting is on Tuesday 9/16 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST.

 

In our last meeting we discussed that training materials would be on the agenda for the next meeting.  Additionally, may I suggest the topic of acceptance criteria.  Yixiong from Qualcomm Technologies has offered to join the call and provide a suggestion on how OpenChain might consider handling acceptance criteria and ways to create consistency.

 

Based on a review of the discussion on the OpenChain email alias, and adding those discussion topics to the above candidate agenda topics we have:

 

·         Training materials

·         Acceptance criteria and automation

·         Quality Standards (and how that connects to the process that generates content such as SPDX)

·         SPDX (probably good to discuss where SPDX ends and OpenChain begins)

·         ISO 19600

·         IPC 2570

 

Any additional proposed topics?  For the first two topics, we already have prepared materials.  For the third topic derived from the alias discussion, I hope to also cover in order to open the dialogue on quality standards as well as achievable goals. 

 

For the other topics (last three bullets) and any additional ones to be proposed, would much welcome a volunteer to lead an overview discussion. 

 

Kelly cc’d has offered to manage an ongoing list of agenda topics for us, and will also be helping with the roll call at the start.  If you have an agenda topic with materials that you would like to present during the call, please feel free to send those either to the alias or directly to Kelly, who will be helping us organize our topic pipeline.  She is also on the openchain@... alias.

 

Thanks,

Dave


_______________________________________________
OpenChain mailing list
OpenChain@...
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/openchain






Dave Marr
 

Hi, our next meeting is on Tuesday 9/16 at 8am PT, 11am ET, 3pm UTC, 5pm CEST.

 

In our last meeting we discussed that training materials would be on the agenda for the next meeting.  Additionally, may I suggest the topic of acceptance criteria.  Yixiong from Qualcomm Technologies has offered to join the call and provide a suggestion on how OpenChain might consider handling acceptance criteria and ways to create consistency.

 

Based on a review of the discussion on the OpenChain email alias, and adding those discussion topics to the above candidate agenda topics we have:

 

·         Training materials

·         Acceptance criteria and automation

·         Quality Standards (and how that connects to the process that generates content such as SPDX)

·         SPDX (probably good to discuss where SPDX ends and OpenChain begins)

·         ISO 19600

·         IPC 2570

 

Any additional proposed topics?  For the first two topics, we already have prepared materials.  For the third topic derived from the alias discussion, I hope to also cover in order to open the dialogue on quality standards as well as achievable goals. 

 

For the other topics (last three bullets) and any additional ones to be proposed, would much welcome a volunteer to lead an overview discussion. 

 

Kelly cc’d has offered to manage an ongoing list of agenda topics for us, and will also be helping with the roll call at the start.  If you have an agenda topic with materials that you would like to present during the call, please feel free to send those either to the alias or directly to Kelly, who will be helping us organize our topic pipeline.  She is also on the openchain@... alias.

 

Thanks,

Dave