Topics

OpenChain and Procurement Departments

Hi all

I have bad news I am afraid :(
Someone hacked and deleted our procurement document on OneDrive by using the edit privileges. There is no sign of the document in the Recycle Bin or history.

Unless someone happens to have an offline copy we will have to start again. The document name contained “OpenChain” “Procurement” and “Beta1"

This is obviously not what we want to see happen under any circumstances. I will be ensuring we have offline backups moving forward.

On Apr 10, 2020, at 13:58, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:

Hi all!

I have started a blue-sky document to contextualize and explain OpenChain for procurement departments, something that will become increasingly possible throughout this year, especially after we become a formal ISO standard. Can you put some eyes on and provide suggestions for improvement?
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnjjqFOGRBo3LjvkSj
This is on Microsoft OneDrive to ensure friends all over the world, including in China, have easy online edit access.

We could recover an April version of the document from GitHub:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/tree/master/Guides/Official/OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments

I have taken that document and incorporated the feedback I could find in emails. If you could take a moment to review the OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments-Beta2 to provide feedback it would be super. Attached for reference though edits preferred here:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnj3mJzXKed3YobEV5
(Yes, I will be backing this up offline frequently)

My apologies everyone for this interruption to our workflow and contribution process.

PS: Alex, can you go back to the historic news post on OpenChain in Procurement and change the (old, dead) link to:

On Jul 21, 2020, at 13:18, Shane Coughlan <@shanecoughlan> wrote:

[...]

Marcel (PwC DE)

Hello Shane,

Please see the attached version which I found in my files from the end of April.
These tracked changes had been incorporated but seem to be missing in the file you just shared. Can you please incorporate them again. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Marcel

Marcel Scholze (DE)
PwC | Director | Open Source Software Services & IT-Sourcing
Phone: +49 69 95851746 | Mobile: +49 151 161 57 049
Email: marcel.scholze@...
PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 35-37 | 60327 | Frankfurt a. M. | Germany
www.pwc.com/de

Follow PwC on Twitter: @PwC_Germany
Follow me on LinkedIn

Find out about Open Source Software Management & Compliance: https://www.pwc.de/opensource

Hier haben wir zusammengestellt, wie wir bei den Herausforderungen von COVID-19 agieren, u.a. durch flexibles Arbeiten. Wir stehen dafür ein, unsere Kunden auch unter besonderen Umständen bestmöglich zu betreuen.
Discover our digital solutions: https://store.pwc.de/

Be inspired by PwC next: Das Magazin für Vorausdenker

PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates:
WP StB Dr. Norbert Vogelpoth

Geschäftsführer
WP StB Dr. Ulrich Störk, WP StB Dr. Peter Bartels, Dr. Joachim Englert, WP StB Petra Justenhoven, WP Clemens Koch, StB Marius Möller, WP StB Uwe Rittmann, StB RA Klaus Schmidt, StB CPA Mark Smith

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 107858

PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft ist Mitglied von PricewaterhouseCoopers International, einer Company limited by guarantee registriert in England und Wales

Datenschutz: Hinweise zur Datenverarbeitung bei PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH WPG finden Sie unter Datenschutzhinweise PricewaterhouseCoopers GmbH WPG

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 11:03, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
We could recover an April version of the document from GitHub:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/tree/master/Guides/Official/OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments

I have taken that document and incorporated the feedback I could find in emails. If you could take a moment to review the OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments-Beta2 to provide feedback it would be super. Attached for reference though edits preferred here:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnj3mJzXKed3YobEV5
(Yes, I will be backing this up offline frequently)

My apologies everyone for this interruption to our workflow and contribution process.

PS: Alex, can you go back to the historic news post on OpenChain in Procurement and change the (old, dead) link to:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/tree/master/Guides/Official/OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments ?

> On Jul 21, 2020, at 13:18, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I have bad news I am afraid :(
> Someone hacked and deleted our procurement document on OneDrive by using the edit privileges. There is no sign of the document in the Recycle Bin or history.
>
> Unless someone happens to have an offline copy we will have to start again. The document name contained “OpenChain† “Procurement† and “Beta1"
>
> This is obviously not what we want to see happen under any circumstances. I will be ensuring we have offline backups moving forward.
>
> Regards
>
> Shane
>
>> On Apr 10, 2020, at 13:58, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I have started a blue-sky document to contextualize and explain OpenChain for procurement departments, something that will become increasingly possible throughout this year, especially after we become a formal ISO standard. Can you put some eyes on and provide suggestions for improvement?
>> https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnjjqFOGRBo3LjvkSj
>> This is on Microsoft OneDrive to ensure friends all over the world, including in China, have easy online edit access.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Shane

Diese Information ist ausschliesslich fuer den Adressaten bestimmt und kann vertrauliche oder gesetzlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemaesse Adressat sind, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Anderen als dem bestimmungsgemaessen Adressaten ist es untersagt, diese E-Mail zu lesen, zu speichern, weiterzuleiten oder ihren Inhalt auf welche Weise auch immer zu verwenden. Wir verwenden aktuelle Virenschutzprogramme. Fuer Schaeden, die dem Empfaenger gleichwohl durch von uns zugesandte mit Viren befallene E-Mails entstehen, schliessen wir jede Haftung aus.
* * * * *
The information contained in this email is intended only for its addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading, saving, distribution or use of the content of this email in any way is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email. We use updated antivirus protection software. We do not accept any responsibility for damages caused anyhow by viruses transmitted via email.

Absolutely! Thank you Marcel.

On Jul 21, 2020, at 18:17, Marcel (PwC DE) via lists.openchainproject.org <marcel.scholze=pwc.com@...> wrote:

> [...]

* * * * *
The information contained in this email is intended only for its addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading, saving, distribution or use of the content of this email in any way is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email. We use updated antivirus protection software. We do not accept any responsibility for damages caused anyhow by viruses transmitted via email.
<OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments-Beta1_EDIT PwC.docx>

The document has now been updated.

Online version here:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnj3mJzXKed3YobEV5

Attached also for reference.

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 11:03, Shane Coughlan <@shanecoughlan> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Alex!

On Jul 21, 2020, at 22:08, Alexandra Boehm <aleksa.boehm@...> wrote:

the news post is updated, I added the onedrive and the github link.

Alex

On 21. Jul 2020, at 12:01, Shane Coughlan <@shanecoughlan> wrote:

[...]

<OpenChain-and-Procurement-Departments-Beta3.docx>