Conformance Check Call on Monday, December 5: Summary

Miriam Ballhausen <Miriam.Ballhausen@...>

Hi all,

thanks again for the productive call on Monday. We are making good progress. Here’s a short summary of what we discussed and agreed on:

1.       Validation

We agreed on an exception process, where we’ll only intervene in case of problems. Otherwise companies will be able to sign up without further validation. Reasons to intervene are mostly complaints, i.e. someone, who is on the list complains that they shouldn’t be on it; someone submits their compliance check, but isn’t put on the list and complains; someone is on the list and a third party complains that they shouldn’t be on it.

We’ll adapt the terms of use to describe the processes such complaints will entail.

2.       Inbound Licensing

We’ll also adapt the terms of use to reflect that inbound material is licensed under CC0.

3.       Editing

We’ll allow editing and going back to change answers. We’ll also reserve the right to remove companies from the list, if they are not compliant any more based on the answers they gave when making the changes to their previous answers. This will be clarified in the terms of use.

4.       “Rejections”

If someone tries to submit a conformance check, but doesn’t succeed, as they don’t answer all the questions correctly, the feedback will not be that they were rejected. Instead we’ll tell them that they need to take further steps to achieve conformance.

5.       E-mail alias

We’ll create an e-mail alias for conformance check purposes. The alias is tbd. Complaints as mentioned above can be sent to this alias as well as notifications about new companies signing up.

Please reply to me, if you want to be added to the list of recipients for this alias.

Two of those on the list will be in charge of handling incoming complaints, notifications etc. We’ll rotate monthly. Expected response time is one week. This response time will be communicated via the terms of use.

6.       Artifacts

We’ll add another question to the conformance check, where companies can indicate, which artifacts they have available. Discussion will be continued offline. I will send out an e-mail to start this off.

7.       Printing

Printing will not be possible. However, it will be possible to excerpt the data and pull it into a spreadsheet. The FAQs will explain how to do that.

8.       FAQs

We need to create the FAQs. Gary offered to take a first go at it. Thanks Gary!

Kind regards,

Miriam

--

Dr. Miriam Ballhausen

Legal Counsel

Telefon: +49 30 200 566 205

Mobil: +49 173 38 567 56
miriam.ballhausen@...

Alte Jakobstraße 85/86,
10179 Berlin
Deutschland

Telefonzentrale +49 30 200 566 0 Fax +49 30 200 566 1

www.lumesse.de

Lumesse

Lumesse GmbH,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Flughafenstraße 103, 40474 Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 40857
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Carsten Busch, Michael Hunt.

Shane Coughlan <shane@...>

Thanks for the great overview Miriam!

Gary, if I can assist with the FAQ, please let me know.

On 8 Dec 2016, at 05:03, Miriam Ballhausen <Miriam.Ballhausen@...> wrote:

[...]

<image001.png>

Lumesse GmbH,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Flughafenstraße 103, 40474 Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 40857
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Carsten Busch, Michael Hunt.

Gary O'Neall

Thanks Shane for the offer for assistance on the FAQ.  I hope to get a structure setup in the next couple of days and some initial FAQ’s related to the website.

Gary

[...]

Thanks Gary! Just ping me when I can assist.

Shane

On 9 Dec 2016, at 08:41, <gary@...> <gary@...> wrote:

[...]

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>

Hi Gary, Miriam

I noticed the Conformance FAQ is still a little light:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/conformance-questions-and-answers

Can I assist with preparing for our March release of OpenChain 1.1 spec?

On Dec 9, 2016, at 9:15, Shane Coughlan <shane@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Shane for pointing this out.

I just took a look and indeed there needs to be some work here.

There is one question without a response:
What is the objective of the of the of the OpenChain Conformance Check?

I update the wiki page with the following response based on text in the conformance check document and other discussions. Miriam, Shane, others - feel free to update/modify the response on the wiki page:

The conformance check is designed to assess the status of OpenChain conformance in relation to a specific version of the specification. The conformance is a self-confirmation provided by organizations. By completing the Conformance Check, participants are able to confirm they are in compliance with the Specification’s requirements.

---
Once we have the conformance check website up, I would propose adding the following sentence:

Individuals and organizations interested in the self-reported status of conforming organizations can review the list of OpenChain conforming organization at www.openchainproject.org/conformancecheck.

There are a lot of process related questions we have discussed and agreed upon, but we need the website up before they can be implemented. There are also a few process related items which require the program manager to be on board. Based on this, I would suggest we hold off on the process related Q&A until we have the website and program manager in place. Perhaps we can discuss in our Feb. meetings.

If there are some non process related Q&A, it would be great to add those to the Wiki IMHO.

Thanks,
Gary