[education] REMINDER: Tomorrow we go big on making new playbooks - be part of this

Balakrishna Mukundaraj

Hello Team,

Thank you for participating in the kickoff meeting of our new addition to the OpenChain project playbooks series.

In today's discussion we decided on the following actions:
1. We will initially start working full fledged on a Small size company playbook, and any relevant data we find for Large size playbook we shall copy them on to the respective documents, and then we can review the content on that once small size company playbook is shared for review.
2. Target Release date is December OSS summit Japan, similar to last year. so technically the documents should be ready by 1st week of December.
3. We will use google-docs as our platform for collaboration until we find a suitable platform that is accessible in all regions without any restrictions or commercial licenses.

Kindly share your opinion/feedback on our plan of action.

Looking forward to collaborating with all and successfully releasing these documents :)

Please find the link below, where you can access the playbooks for Small size company and Large size company

I have also attached a copy of both the documents for all our colleagues who may not be able to access google documents

Thanks & Regards,
Balakrishna M

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 9:35 AM Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:
In late 2021 we released a playbook showing how adoption of OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230 can work for medium-sized companies:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/12/16/playbook-medium-company

We had some great feedback around this playbook and we want to circle back to expand on options for the community. Long story short: it is time to work on small company and large company playbooks.

We would super value your help in making sure these playbooks are as useful as possible.

Join us Aug 3, 2022 14:00 IST (08:30 UTC) to get this process underway. It will be an Education Work Group meeting lead by our chair, Balakrishna. All welcome!

Register for the event here:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XsNrdACxQ7i6FCHwdKCOHA

Thanks Balakrishna!

Ana from TODO indicated interest in doing a cross-project collaboration on this, so I am going to loop her into our Google Docs scratch-pad here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1li9heH3x16MmC_UxxpFhWSw1XCwsAdbF

Ana, we have a (generation 1) medium company playbook and some duplicates we are going to work into small and medium company playbooks. OSPOs are central to this throughout, and we would love to work towards a co-branded release before Open Compliance Summit in early December.

Editing on Google Docs based on decision by Education Work Team. As soon as things are looking good, we will convert to markdown and place on GitHub.

On Aug 3, 2022, at 18:08, Balakrishna Mukundaraj <balakrishna1838@...> wrote:

<OpenChain PlayBook - Small Company - START EDITING THIS ONE.docx><OpenChain PlayBook - Large Company - START EDITING THIS ONE.docx>

Balakrishna Mukundaraj

Sounds good! Looking forward to collaborate Ana :)

Thanks,
Balakrishna

--
Thanks & Regards,
Balakrishna

Steve Kilbane

Not having much experience in small companies, I took a swing at adding some content to the large-company Google doc.

steve