FAQ: Common Misunderstandings about OSS Licensing (English and Japanese

The OpenChain Japan work group has released a new revision of its FAQ regarding frequent misunderstandings around open source licenses. This FAQ is available in English and Japanese, and assistance in translating it into other languages is very welcome.

It is important to note that this document is based on real world experiences distilled into very practical knowledge. We are fortunate to have had many companies contribute to it, and it holds great potential to assist the supply chain.

You can get over on GitHub

https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/OpenChain-JWG/tree/master/Education_Material/FAQ

Astrid Spura <office@...>

Dear Shane,
dear all,

The OpenChain Japan work group has released a new revision of its FAQ regarding frequent misunderstandings around open source licenses. This FAQ is available in English and Japanese, and assistance in translating it into other languages is very welcome.
We would be happy to help with translation into German language. If there is already work in progress, please get in touch, so that we can share the workload.

It is important to note that this document is based on real world experiences distilled into very practical knowledge. We are fortunate to have had many companies contribute to it, and it holds great potential to assist the supply chain.
Yes, well done. We appreciate the work. The issues mentioned are comparable with our experiences.

You can get over on GitHub
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/OpenChain-JWG/tree/master/Education_Material/FAQ
Thanks. We will let you know as soon as the German version will be ready.

Best regards,
Astrid

--
Astrid Spura, Compliance & Communication
Astrid.Spura@osadl.org

Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL) eG
Im Neuenheimer Feld 583, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49(6221)98504-0, Fax: +49(6221)98504-80
office@osadl.org
http://www.osadl.org
https://youtu.be/z0MiLwP_n40

Location of the company: Heidelberg, Germany
Cooperative register #700048 at the district court of Mannheim
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Axel Berghoff
Directors: Andreas Orzelski, Rainer Thieringer
Tax number 32080/02883, VAT Id-No DE249975743

Stefan Thanheiser

Hi Astrid,

please count me in for the translation into German (if you need more helping hands/brains).
I also could offer https://github.com/OCSpecGermanTranslation as collaboration space.

Are there more volunteers (maybe from the 'old' specification translation group ­čśë )?

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan Thanheiser

Atruvia AG
---
Servicefeld Qualit├Ąt IT-Sicherheit Einkauf,
Tribe Einkauf,
Chapter Software Asset & Lizenzmanagement
---
Telefon +49 721 4004-1860
Mobil +49 170 3304133
E-Mail stefan.thanheiser@atruvia.de

Atruvia AG | www.atruvia.de
AG Frankfurt a. M. HRB 102381 | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt a. M. | USt-IdNr. DE 143582320
Vorstand: Martin Beyer (Vorstandssprecher), Ulrich Coenen (Vorstandssprecher),
Daniela B├╝cker, Birgit Frohnhoff, J├Ârg Staff, Ralf Teufel
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: J├╝rgen Brinkmann

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----