Nominee for Curriculum Work Team Chair

Dave Marr

Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum Work Team. He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone. He has nevertheless previously offered his constructive ideas via email.

Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully. Among his other achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE. I'd write much more but he's modest as well.

I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for consideration.

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>

Thanks Dave, It would be my pleasure to explore this opportunity and to contribute my time towards the development of the curriculum. I look forward to the consideration process and am happy to provide any further information as required.

On Apr 16, 2016, at 12:43 AM, Marr, David <dmarr@...> wrote:

Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum Work Team. He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone. He has nevertheless previously offered his constructive ideas via email.

Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully. Among his other achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE. I'd write much more but he's modest as well.

I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for consideration.

Jilayne Lovejoy <Jilayne.Lovejoy@...>

I second this nomination. We’d be lucky to have Shane involved in this
way!!

Jilayne

On 4/16/16, 12:43 AM, "openchain-bounces@... on
behalf of Marr, David" <openchain-bounces@... on
behalf of dmarr@...> wrote:

Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum
Work Team. He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable
to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone. He has nevertheless
previously offered his constructive ideas via email.

Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for
those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things
done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully. Among his other
achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE. I'd
write much more but he's modest as well.

I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for
consideration.

Mark Radcliffe

Shane would be great! I second the second!

[...]

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message. To contact us directly, send to postmaster@.... Thank you.

Ramesh

I shall like to contribute. I conduct training courses on Open Source Compliance. Here are details.

Best Regards
Ramesh Jain
+91 9731082828

behalf of dmarr@...> wrote:

>Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum
>Work Team.  He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable
>to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone.  He has nevertheless
>previously offered his constructive ideas via email.
>
>Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for
>those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things
>done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully.  Among his other
>achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE.  I'd
>write much more but he's modest as well.
>
>I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for
>consideration.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

Kelly Williams

Hi Ramesh,

Welcome!  If you are nominating yourself for the Chair position  -- which you’re welcome to do -- can you please include some additional background so folks can get to know you better?  Or if you are expressing interest to be on the Curriculum Work Team, no background needed – we have listed you as an interested team member and will refer you to the Curriculum Work Team when it is formed shortly.

behalf of dmarr@...> wrote:

>Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum
>Work Team.  He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable
>to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone.  He has nevertheless
>previously offered his constructive ideas via email.
>
>Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for
>those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things
>done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully.  Among his other
>achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE.  I'd
>write much more but he's modest as well.
>
>I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for
>consideration.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

Ditto to that and welcome Ramesh.  Also could you kindly resend the attachment without the footer that contains "highly confidential and restricted"?

Much thanks,
Dave

behalf of dmarr@...> wrote:

>Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum
>Work Team.  He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable
>to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone.  He has nevertheless
>previously offered his constructive ideas via email.
>
>Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for
>those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things
>done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully.  Among his other
>achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE.  I'd
>write much more but he's modest as well.
>
>I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for
>consideration.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

Ramesh

Hi Kelly,

I am interested to be on Curriculum Work Team. Attached is brief profile.

Hi Dave,

I shall share the attachment without footer in word form in some time.

Thanking you.

Best Regards
Ramesh Jain
+91 9731082828

behalf of dmarr@...> wrote:

>Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum
>Work Team.  He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable
>to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone.  He has nevertheless
>previously offered his constructive ideas via email.
>
>Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for
>those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things
>done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully.  Among his other
>achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE.  I'd
>write much more but he's modest as well.
>
>I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for
>consideration.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

Ramesh

Hi Dave,

Here is the training outline without confidentiality aspects.

The training is structured as follows.

1. Software Development

2. Code Classification

3. Key Considerations ( Understanding the risk and Legal obligations)

a. Life Cycle – Conceptualization, Design, Build, Test, Release

a. In house developed

b. Third Party Code Sourcing

i. Open Source

ii. Commercial ( Brief)

iii. Other Software (Brief)

a. Legal and regulatory Environment

d. Source Credibility

e. Open Source License and License Types

f. What leads to non-compliance?

4. Key Code Management consideration and Mapping on Software Development Cycle

5. Code Delivery ( Supply Chain risk and contractual aspects)

6. Code Compliance Program Development and Management

b. Conceptualization Design Build Test Release

c. Code Development

d. Code Repository Management

e. Code Interoperability

f. Technical aspects

g. Changes in Code

i. Modifications

ii. Derivative Work

a. BoM, Bundling / Packing and Contract

a. Policy and Process

Best Regards
Ramesh Jain
+91 9731082828

behalf of dmarr@...> wrote:

>Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum
>Work Team.  He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable
>to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone.  He has nevertheless
>previously offered his constructive ideas via email.
>
>Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for
>those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things
>done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully.  Among his other
>achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE.  I'd
>write much more but he's modest as well.
>
>I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for
>consideration.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

Ramesh

Hi Dave,

Here it is in Word format with few changes.

Best Regards
Ramesh Jain
+91 9731082828

behalf of dmarr@...> wrote:

>Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum
>Work Team.  He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable
>to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone.  He has nevertheless
>previously offered his constructive ideas via email.
>
>Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for
>those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things
>done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully.  Among his other
>achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE.  I'd
>write much more but he's modest as well.
>
>I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for
>consideration.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

Ramesh,

Thanks for doing that.  This is thoughtful input, and I think I understand the intention behind all the topics ('source credibility' is an interesting one).  Looking forward to having you join the curriculum work team calls when they are set up.

Dave

behalf of dmarr@...> wrote:

>Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum
>Work Team.  He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable
>to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone.  He has nevertheless
>previously offered his constructive ideas via email.
>
>Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for
>those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things
>done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully.  Among his other
>achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE.  I'd
>write much more but he's modest as well.
>
>I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for
>consideration.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

<Training Outline.docx>

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>

Hi Ramesh, Dave

I would like to second that. I am looking forward to getting the calls rolling and discussing how we can create the best balance of information with ease of adoption.

behalf of dmarr@...> wrote:

>Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum
>Work Team.  He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable
>to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone.  He has nevertheless
>previously offered his constructive ideas via email.
>
>Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for
>those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things
>done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully.  Among his other
>achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE.  I'd
>write much more but he's modest as well.
>
>I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for
>consideration.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

<Training Outline.docx>

Ramesh

Sure Shane,

Looking forward to talk to you soon on the upcoming meeting for the same.

Warm Regards,
Ramesh Jain

behalf of dmarr@...> wrote:

>Hi, I'd like to nominate Shane Coughlan for the Chair of the Curriculum
>Work Team.  He has been actively tracking OpenChain despite being unable
>to join the calls due to living in Japan's timezone.  He has nevertheless
>previously offered his constructive ideas via email.
>
>Brief background: he is likely well-known to many on this list, but for
>those who do not know him he has a strong track record of getting things
>done, collaboratively, creatively, and resourcefully.  Among his other
>achievements he is also the founder the Legal Network within FSFE.  I'd
>write much more but he's modest as well.
>
>I spoke with Shane earlier today and he accepted this nomination for
>consideration.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

<Training Outline.docx>