Topics

OpenChain Supplier Education Leaflet - German Draft underway

Stefan from Fiducia & GAD IT announced yesterday that work is well advanced on a German translation of our Supplier Education Leaflet. Originally created by a sub-group of the OpenChain Japan Work Group, the supplier education leaflet is available in Japanese, English, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, as well as in Vietnamese as a draft.

See Stefan’s full announcement and call for support below.

==

As discussed yesterday in Nuremberg during our kick-off meeting of the German OpenChain Working Group, I would like to reach out for support regarding finalisation of a translation of the Open Chain Supplier Leaflet into German.

You can see the current state-of-work at
https://github.com/OCSpecGermanTranslation/OpenChain-SuppierLeaflet-GermanTranslation/blob/master/supplier-leaflet/de/OpenChain-GeneralGuideline-E-0608_DE.pdf

The layout is not yet as complete as in the original - I would like to finalise the design after having sorted out the final German text. Thus, in a first round, quality checking of the text would be a good point to start :-)

My ‚request-for-contribution‘ to you, if you currently want to / can support:
Could you please compare the current German translation draft to the English version at
https://github.com/OCSpecGermanTranslation/OpenChain-SuppierLeaflet-GermanTranslation/blob/master/supplier-leaflet/supplier-leaflet-1.0-en.pdf
and provide corrections and suggestions for improvement? Please feel free to direct any comments to my address @SThanheiser.

(Should any of you want to go deeper: I ported the document from the proprietary Adobe format I found at Github (sorry, if there should have been any other format there -maybe I did not dig deep enough into the directory structure) to a format of the open source tool Scribus - why not use OSS tools when writing about OSS? ;-).
The "scribus source file" for the PDF can be found at
https://github.com/OCSpecGermanTranslation/OpenChain-SuppierLeaflet-GermanTranslation/blob/master/supplier-leaflet/de/OpenChain-GeneralGuideline-E-0608_DE.sla
and can be edited using Scribus v1.5.5.)

Thank you in advance for your support and best regards,
Stefan

Satoru Ueda

"Wunderbar!!"

We, Japan Work group team members who originally prepared the material are so glad to hear the new translation added!

Best regards,
S. Ueda
===