OSS License Obligations & Compatibility Database

Shuvo

[Perhaps a repeat for India WG, sharing in this recipient list]

Dear Shane, OpenChain members

I write wishing all a healthy and safe beginning of 2022!!

I watched the presentation by Carlo which shone some bright lights on GPL enforcement trends and as usual Carlo's insightful observations will be helpful in this case (interim and in future).
I also noticed that Carlo (& maybe others) was looking for a database on OSS license obligations.

I would like to share and contribute the attached database to this fantastic community. This is an old (> 7 years) document I had prepared.

This is an incomplete document (Carlo mentions it is okay 🙂), with some licenses which might have got deprecated, and may have other "gotchas". Around 30 licenses are covered in the document and each license name in the "Compatibility Matrix" sheet is hyperlinked to the license in "License Terms & Conditions" sheet.

I also acknowledge that there is a lot of room for improvement(s) in this document, and I will be happy to stand corrected on any & all aspects in the document. All thoughts are welcome as is the norm of this community.

However, I thought it may be a good base to begin with, and I hope it will prove of some reasonable value to all of us in this community.

Thanks to Shane for arranging the webinar.

Shuvajit
Bangalore
Capgemini Engineering (f/k/a ALTRAN)

--
Shuvajit Mitra

vaishali avhad

Hi Shuvajit,

thanks for the email and the excel sheet. I will take a look at them tomorrow.
Incidentally, I am working with Carlo for preparing license obligations.
If I need any other help, I will certainly contact you again.

Best,
-Vaishali

On Sunday, February 6, 2022, 07:16:57 PM GMT+5:30, Shuvo <shuva0904@...> wrote:

[...]

Carlo Piana

Indeed, thanks a lot.

Carlo

[...]

Sebastian Schuberth

On a similar note, the OSADL license compliance matrix has recently
been updated with a JSON representation (next to CSV), see

https://github.com/priv-kweihmann/osadl-matrix

--
Sebastian Schuberth

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022 at 4:22 PM vaishali avhad via
lists.openchainproject.org
<vaishali_avhad=yahoo.com@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, we're currently evaluating some kind of reuse of it. It's a very accurate and valuable set of information.

Cheers

Carlo