From: Gisi, Mark
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:29 AM
To: 'openchain@...'
Subject: Reminder: OpenChain specification available for public comments

The final release candidate for the first version of the OpenChain specification is available for public comments on the OpenChain wiki at:

      https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/_media/openchain/openchainspec-2016-05-16-1.pdf

The public comments phase, which represents the last step in the release process, began last week and will remain open for 30 days closing on June 17th.

Please feel free to post comments about this current version by using one of the following methods:

·        to this mailing list;

·        at the next upcoming OpenChain Specification meeting on June 6th at 9am PST; or

·        to me at mark.gisi@... if you prefer to remain anonymous.

Thanks,

- Mark

Yagi, Martin, Vodafone Group <martin.yagi@...>

Hi Mark,

Great document, a few minor comments…

Introduction: Interesting though it is, I don’t think I’d include all the historical view if it isn’t particularly relevant…especially where it may be upsetting for people to know that they weren’t being trusted by their customers. ;)

1.2 1.2.3: A goal of >85% is a great target, but I wonder if it’s realistic, particularly for any (large) organisation. It may also be helpful to have a ramp-up. E.g. at least 60% in yr1, etc.

G3, 3.2: Suggest to change “FOSS program” to “FOSS management program” as it is called in G6.

G4, 4.1: I’d add something about including “build instructions”, as potentially unbuildable or only buildable using proprietary toolchain source isn’t appreciated.

Hope that helps,

Martin.

Vodafone

Martin Yagi
IPR Tech Lead
Intellectual Property Rights
Vodafone Group Services Limited
Mobile: +44 07760 164610
Email: martin.yagi@...

vodafone.com

Vodafone Group Services Limited Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN. Registered in England number 3802001

Reminder #2: See below. I also attached a copy of the specification for your consideration.

Thanks,

- Mark

The final release candidate for the first version of the OpenChain specification is available for public comments on the OpenChain wiki at:

      https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/_media/openchain/openchainspec-2016-05-16-1.pdf

The public comments phase, which represents the last step in the release process, began last week and will remain open for 30 days closing on June 17th.

Please feel free to post comments about this current version by using one of the following methods:

·         to this mailing list;

·         at the next upcoming OpenChain Specification meeting on June 6th at 9am PST; or

·         to me at mark.gisi@... if you prefer to remain anonymous.

Thanks,

- Mark

Mark Gisi

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the helpful comments. We will give it consideration at the next Specification meeting.

best,

Mark